Go Back   INTP Forum > Within > MBTI & Typology > MBTI & Typology Archive

Old 12th-March-2012, 09:09 AM   Synthetix's time 12th-March-2012, 01:09 AM    #1
Synthetix
og root beer

linuxsafari
Default Relationship with ENFP

I've never been with an ENFP before... So far it's interesting and she's fun to talk to, sometimes. But how does an INTP ensure a healthy relationship with an ENFP? She asks why I'm reserved and quiet around her friends and always asks me to post the lovey things I say to her on her wall.. I had her take the MBTI not too long ago, and she read the description of the ENFP and said it was scary how much it reminded her of her. I explain to her why I behave certain ways or do certain things and she always seems understanding and says it's cute how I describe it. Anyways, tips on how to keep things cool while with an ENFP? So far there aren't any bad signs, but I want to be prepared for anything that may happen.
Could frame thy fearful symmetry?
Synthetix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th-March-2012, 09:19 AM   GYX_Kid's time 12th-March-2012, 09:20 AM    #2
GYX_Kid
randomly floating abyss built of bricks

macosfirefox
Default Re: Relationship with ENFP

An ENFP called me 'quite' too.

In my experience they're pretty hard to completely mess up easily, if you're just being your default self. Just don't sink tooo much into bland depressive nothingness...otherwise they won't have any reason to find you interesting. Or they might even wonder where the old funny/cute you went, and try even harder to nurse you back to better...hell I dunno, they're pretty hard to turn off like that. Come to think of it, I've said nothing to ENFPs for months or years, and they've randomly wanted to do something with me suddenly out of nowhere.

I once met an ENFP by making really wacky uncensored perverted jokes a lot, and she was just entertained. Not necessarily recommending it for anyone, just giving an example of how un-"judgemental" they seem to be.
Old 12th-March-2012, 02:29 PM   EyeSeeCold's time 12th-March-2012, 06:29 AM    #3
EyeSeeCold
Snowblind

windows_98_nt_2000safari

Quote:
Originally Posted by GYX_Kid View Post
I once met an ENFP by making really wacky uncensored perverted jokes a lot, and she was just entertained. Not necessarily recommending it for anyone, just giving an example of how un-"judgemental" they seem to be.
"Seem"

Be prepared to be "that guy who makes wacky uncensored perverted jokes a lot who is good for entertainment, but someone I will not let get close to the 'real' me".

In my experience, they tend to know a range of people, to have a person for every job they need done. You might be typecast, so you have to be aware of the kind of person they see you as. Though they are still NFPs, so it is not so bad, they still can be pretty flexible(sometimes too flexible).

EyeSeeCold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th-March-2012, 08:53 AM   AlisaD's time 13th-March-2012, 09:53 AM    #4
AlisaD
l'observateur

windows_98_nt_2000safari

I've always tested as INTP, but a few people from the forum who are into typology claim I'm an ENFP, and my INTP boyfriend seems to think that I am an ENFP at least half the time, so my input may be valid.
The two things that I seem to need in order to be happy in a relationship are:
1. The guy needs to stay interesting, and random, and fun to be around
2. He needs to think that I'm the greatest thing since opium and cheese sandwiches, and act accordingly
If you fail number 2, I'd most likely just leave, and if you fail number 1, and I really liked you to start with, I'd leave after a bit of drama and some half-hearted attempts to fix it.
Not sure if that helps.

http://www.nothingexchange.com/
AlisaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th-March-2012, 10:55 AM   Lot's time 13th-March-2012, 02:55 AM    #5
Lot
Don't forget to bring a towel

windows_xp_2003safari

I've fallen for way to many ENFP's. And a few fell for me. I'm pretty good friend with one, one is kind of creeped out by me, and the rest have drifted off in the seas of time. I find them to be extremely fun to hangout with or they end up being my worst enemy. I've had 2 ENFP nemeses in my life. Even still they were kind of fun to get into heated arguments with and I could tell they were having fun too. Oh the passion, when they feel strongly in opposition with you. How adorable they are when you get their goat.

My advice is, try to be more sociable when in group functions, and ask them about their vivid and creative inner world. They are like us in a lot of ways. They like to find connections in every facet of the universe, much like us, but in their own NF way.
Lot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th-March-2012, 05:03 PM   Minuend's time 13th-March-2012, 06:03 PM    #6
Minuend
will eat your face

windows_98_nt_2000firefox

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeSeeCold View Post
"Seem"

Be prepared to be "that guy who makes wacky uncensored perverted jokes a lot who is good for entertainment, but someone I will not let get close to the 'real' me".
Is there like a category for every single type of guy who get rejected?

Man, I knew he was nuts, but goddamn
Minuend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th-March-2012, 05:23 PM   EyeSeeCold's time 13th-March-2012, 09:23 AM    #7
EyeSeeCold
Snowblind

windows_98_nt_2000safari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minuend View Post
Is there like a category for every single type of guy who get rejected?
Huh?

Regarding what I wrote, it's something I picked up on from being friends with them. From my experiences I know they are both judgmental and open-minded in a certain way. They are open-minded in that they will let you be who you are, and will see you as having positives and negatives in interacting with you. But judgmental in the sense that, though they will still interact with you, they place hidden limits on what you mean to them.

EyeSeeCold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th-March-2012, 06:06 PM   Minuend's time 13th-March-2012, 07:06 PM    #8
Minuend
will eat your face

windows_98_nt_2000firefox

Ah, I see. Close isn't really a word I associate with friendship, so to speak. One can be great friends, yes, but "close" sounds too intimate.

Man, I knew he was nuts, but goddamn
Minuend is offline   Reply With Quote