Old 11th-May-2011, 01:41 AM   trevo4311's time 11th-May-2011, 01:41 AM    #1
trevo4311
What?

windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Pros/Cons of SF/NT

What is good and bad about being an NT
What is good and bad about being an SF
In your opinion which is better?

Personally I think NTs are better because they think about things and act instead of acting on their emotions, which can lead to bad situations. But being an SF has its benefits like being able to communicate with people on a deeper level than most NTs

INTP/INTJ/ISTP
IQ: 135
EQ: 80/100
trevo4311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th-May-2011, 02:12 AM   A22's time 11th-May-2011, 02:12 AM    #2
A22
occasional poster

linuxsafari
Default Re: Pros/Cons of SF/NT

If there are pros and cons of being I/E, S/N, T/F. P/J, then the "ideal" personality should be a 50% of each? 50% ESFJ 50% INTP ?
A22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th-May-2011, 02:21 AM   Dr. Freeman's time 10th-May-2011, 09:21 PM    #3
Dr. Freeman
In a place outside of time

windows_98_nt_2000ie

NT is best if you want the best logical outcome, it is bad if you don't like being curb stomped by an ethics committee.
and tore the world asunder.
Dr. Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th-May-2011, 02:51 AM   xbox's time 10th-May-2011, 09:51 PM    #4
xbox

windows_vistasafari

I don't see eye to eye with any SF. Even in the same room, its like we would be worlds apart.
Old 11th-May-2011, 04:17 AM   Puffy's time 11th-May-2011, 04:17 AM    #5
Puffy
Candlelight

windows_98_nt_2000ie

I think 'better' is the wrong adjective. Both are best utilised for different purposes. The good thing about being intuitive is innovation, the good thing about being a sensor is maintenance. Changes are cool, but we also need stability which sensors help maintain.

I try not to judge people by personality types - the only 'flagged' types for myself are Se dominants; as an Ni dominant they are the most draining personalities, for myself, to maintain relationships with. Other than friends girlfriends, etc, I don't really know many.

One thing I would also point out is that you can't really judge a person by 'NT' or 'SF' as these categories are too broad. 'SF' could include: ESFJ, ISFJ, ESFP, ISFP. 'NT' could include: ENTJ, INTJ, ENTP, INTP. There might be natural friction between myself and ESFPs (or Ts) but I live with two ESFJs and we get along fine.

The types that come under SF and NT are very different, I wouldn't forget that.
"Life has always seemed to me like a plant that lives on its rhizome. Its true life is invisible, hidden in the rhizome. The part that appears above the ground lasts only a single summer. Then it withers away–an ephemeral apparition. When we think of the unending growth and decay of life and civilizations, we cannot escape the impression of absolute nullity. Yet I have never lost the sense of something that lives and endures beneath the eternal flux. What we see is blossom, which passes. The rhizome remains." - C.G. Jung
Puffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th-May-2011, 10:53 AM   terraxceles's time 11th-May-2011, 03:53 PM    #6
terraxceles
Fufufufu.

windows_xp_2003firefox

Pros and cons of Temperament theory:

Pros: Behavioral generalizations

Cons: Behavioral generalizations
LOL.
terraxceles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th-May-2011, 03:57 PM   Jean Paul's time 13th-May-2011, 10:57 AM    #7
Jean Paul
Ideas from nowhere

windows_vistasafari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Freeman View Post
NT is best if you want the best logical outcome, it is bad if you don't like being curb stomped by an ethics committee.
I swear if I find another person on here who seems to think the same as me i'm going to say this forum has more ENTPs than INTPs
Jean Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th-May-2011, 04:59 PM   thoumyvision's time 13th-May-2011, 10:59 AM    #8
thoumyvision
Mauveshirt

windows_xp_2003firefox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean Paul View Post

I swear if I find another person on here who seems to think the same as me i'm going to say this forum has more ENTPs than INTPs
Of course INTPs think like you, we're the only type which shares exactly the same top two functions (Ne and Ti), we just prefer using them in a different order. The way it plays out is that idea formation is going to be slightly easier to you and analysis is going to be slightly easier for us.

"A straight line may be the shortest distance between two points, but it is by no means the most interesting." -The Doctor

"Reason is itself a matter of faith. It is an act of faith to assert that our thoughts have any relation to reality at all." -G.K. Chesterton
thoumyvision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th-May-2011, 05:26 PM   thoumyvision's time 13th-May-2011, 11:26 AM    #9
thoumyvision
Mauveshirt

windows_xp_2003firefox

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevo4311 View Post
What is good and bad about being an NT
What is good and bad about being an SF
In your opinion which is better?

Personally I think NTs are better because they think about things and act instead of acting on their emotions, which can lead to bad situations. But being an SF has its benefits like being able to communicate with people on a deeper level than most NTs

Better is entirely subjective in this particular question. If you want to have a long conversation about personality type theory then an INTP will probably produce a more enjoyable conversation than an ISFJ.

If you want to get the laundry done on a regular scheduled basis then an INTP is probably not your best bet. An ISFJ, on the other hand, will do it happily; at least as long as they get positive feedback for their service and don't feel taken advantage of.

An ENTJ is probably going to be better at running a military unit than an ESFP. An ESFP will probably be better at entertaining a large party than an ENTJ.

To claim that a group of personality types is better or worse than another is ignoring the weaknesses of the first and ignoring the strengths of the second.

Now, would I rather hang out with an INTJ than an ISFP? Chances are I'm going to have more in common with the INTJ; however, I dated a wonderful ISFP last year and was sad when she called it off.

When it comes right down to it individuality is just as important as personality type. I'd much rather hang out with an ESFJ who is aware of their type weaknesses and has done work to master them than an ENTP who who won't recognize their weak areas and does no work to shore them up.

"A straight line may be the shortest distance between two points, but it is by no means the most interesting." -The Doctor

"Reason is itself a matter of faith. It is an act of faith to assert that our thoughts have any relation to reality at all." -G.K. Chesterton
thoumyvision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th-May-2011, 03:20 PM   nil's time 15th-May-2011, 10:20 AM    #10
nil
drifting

windows_98_nt_2000firefox

Quote:
Originally Posted by A22 View Post
If there are pros and cons of being I/E, S/N, T/F. P/J, then the "ideal" personality should be a 50% of each? 50% ESFJ 50% INTP ?
If that were to happen, then the person would most likely just be full of imbalance and neuroses.

ENTP =/= ENTJ =/= INTJ =/= INTP
ESFP =/= ESFJ =/= ISFJ =/= ISFP

Perhaps the only correlation among the 'temperament' in different types is interests.

You are filtering your perception of NT's being better through your own type. No type or group of types is inherently "better" than another, but, you being presumably INTP explains your aversion to acting based on emotions (Fe inferior), but do you know that all SF's base their decisions on emotions?
nil is offline   Reply With Quote