Go Back   INTP Forum > Within > Introit > Introductions Archive

Old 21st-October-2011, 10:45 AM   Akuma's time 21st-October-2011, 10:45 PM    #1
Akuma

windows_vistafirefox
Default How do you butter your bread?

An explanation on the title in a moment.

A little bit about myself:
My English is quite terrible, so I apologise in advance.
It's my only language, but I've always had trouble with language.

I'm currently studying Computer Science, though I'd rather Art or Psychology.

I think I fit the INTP profile, though being diagnosed with depression I don't know how much that would affect my personality, plus the possibility of deluding myself into thinking that I am one and I'm apprehensive about whether I even have depression.

I can emote happiness for friends, so I could say I'm an INFP, but I couldn't comfort my friends if they're sad or say I missed someone.

Anyway about title:
I take a long time doing things like making food, I take about 30 seconds to a minutes to butter a slice of bread, you guys, take your time doing mundane things slow? I guess I need practice.
(This isn't a euphemism.)
To the untrained eye the “Bowl of Plastic Fruit” might appear to be a prosaic still life, bemoaned by critic and consumer alike. But when viewed as a three-dimensional representation of a bowl of plastic fruit, it becomes scientifically accurate and breathtaking.
Akuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st-October-2011, 01:09 PM   magicMount's time 21st-October-2011, 09:09 PM    #2
magicMount
Redshirt

windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: How do you butter your bread?

Hey, Akuma.
I don't butter my bread actually,that's quite lots of trouble to me
And if I want to eat the buttered ones,I buy them from the bakery
magicMount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st-October-2011, 05:23 PM   Dr. Freeman's time 21st-October-2011, 12:23 PM    #3
Dr. Freeman
In a place outside of time

windows_xp_2003firefox

Everyone knows that the best possible way to butter bread is to melt the butter in the microwave, pour it onto the bread, then put it in the freezer until it solidifies again.
and tore the world asunder.
Dr. Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd-October-2011, 12:53 AM   lukecash12's time 21st-October-2011, 04:53 PM    #4
lukecash12
The Polymath

windows_98_nt_2000firefox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Freeman View Post
Everyone knows that the best possible way to butter bread is to melt the butter in the microwave, pour it onto the bread, then put it in the freezer until it solidifies again.
Sounds more like you like toking it up. Don't worry I won't tell your secret, because I'm a toker myself.

lukecash12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd-October-2011, 04:01 AM   Akuma's time 22nd-October-2011, 04:01 PM    #5
Akuma

windows_vistafirefox

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicMount View Post
Hey, Akuma.
I don't butter my bread actually,that's quite lots of trouble to me
And if I want to eat the buttered ones,I buy them from the bakery
But butter adds special something to a piece of bread that even jam couldn't replace, like lowering your cholesterol.

Quote:
A very creative way to butter bread, I feel an experiment coming on..
To the untrained eye the “Bowl of Plastic Fruit” might appear to be a prosaic still life, bemoaned by critic and consumer alike. But when viewed as a three-dimensional representation of a bowl of plastic fruit, it becomes scientifically accurate and breathtaking.
Old 22nd-October-2011, 08:22 AM   Causeless's time 22nd-October-2011, 03:22 AM    #6
Causeless

windows_xp_2003firefox

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukecash12 View Post
Sounds more like you like toking it up. Don't worry I won't tell your secret, because I'm a toker myself.

And I'm totally trying it.
Causeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd-October-2011, 12:56 PM   Awaken's time 22nd-October-2011, 12:56 PM    #7
Awaken
Gone for good

macosfirefox

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukecash12 View Post

Well that was unexpected.
Awaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd-October-2011, 05:41 PM   digital angel's time 22nd-October-2011, 12:42 PM    #8
digital angel

What kind of bread and what kind of butter should we use for our experiment? Let's try them all.

By the way, welcome to the forum.
digital angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd-October-2011, 08:41 AM   Minuend's time 23rd-October-2011, 09:41 AM    #9
Minuend
is actually a potato- a kawaii potato

With the rib of my fallen enemy!

AGHAGHAGHAGHARRRRRR

*Cough cough*

Uh, choked on my sandwich there.

Man, I knew he was nuts, but goddamn
Minuend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd-October-2011, 09:10 AM   Akuma's time 23rd-October-2011, 09:10 PM    #10
Akuma

windows_vistafirefox

Quote:
Originally Posted by digital angel View Post
By the way, welcome to the forum.
Thank you, I was a little intimidated to post in these forums.
There are a lot of long-winded debates in these threads and I usually don't have conversations.
I just sneak in, lay some poop and leave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minuend View Post
With the rib of my fallen enemy!

AGHAGHAGHAGHARRRRRR

*Cough cough*

Uh, choked on my sandwich there.
Marvellous buttering technique
Old 23rd-October-2011, 11:37 AM   Cognisant's time 23rd-October-2011, 09:37 PM    #11
Cognisant
Condescending Bastard

windows_xp_2003ie

I built a robot to do my buttering.

You may have noticed I am a robot, that's not a coincidence.
Old 12th-December-2011, 04:34 PM   C.J_Finn's time 12th-December-2011, 10:34 AM    #12
C.J_Finn

With a knife.

I can only use the butter that comes in one of those plastic buckets though. If there's only a stick of butter around then I won't bother.
C.J_Finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th-December-2011, 01:37 AM   severus's time 28th-December-2011, 05:37 PM    #13
severus

windows_xp_2003firefox

I take a long time to butter bread, too. I have to get it perfectly even and right to the edges. It's manageable... but tacos on the other hand! They're always cold by the time I get everything on there.
severus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th-December-2011, 03:16 AM   crippli's time 29th-December-2011, 04:16 AM    #14
crippli

windows_98_nt_2000safari

I always thought it was a shame to ruin lovely cream to make butter. And cheese just keeps so much longer and tastes soooo much better. And for frying fleshfat works fine too.

But if I do butter the bread, it will be mostly symbolic. I may even pretend to butter the bread, while actually not applying butter, or just a tiny tiny layer. Done discretely of course, so the deception isn't noticed.
crippli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th-December-2011, 04:12 AM   Oedipus's time 29th-December-2011, 04:12 AM    #15
Oedipus
Jerk

windows_xp_2003opera

I generally focus on getting as much butter on as possible and totally destroy the bread in teh process. Toast is far more robust.
Oedipus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th-December-2011, 04:20 AM   Cheeseumpuffs's time 28th-December-2011, 08:20 PM    #16
Cheeseumpuffs
Sir Albert Darwin the Joker

windows_vistasafari

Well first, I prefer margarine to butter, and the time I take depends. The hotter the bread/roll/whatever is then it melts faster. When it does this then I generally take longer because I prefer it to be more in the solid form rather than soaking into my bread.

This is my buttering process. Hope it was informative.

You're taking this way too serious.
Cheeseumpuffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th-January-2012, 08:17 AM   Midas's time 9th-January-2012, 06:18 PM    #17
Midas
Not a redshirt

windows_98_nt_2000safari

Reads Dr. Freeman's comment.
Reads Dr Freeman's status and signature-
WHEEL OF TIME!

As to the buttered bread, if the butter melts into the bread and is promptly cooled in the refrigerator, does the butter solidify within the bread?
*Experimenting
Old 10th-January-2012, 04:40 AM   Je Pense's time 9th-January-2012, 08:40 PM    #18
Je Pense

windows_98_nt_2000safari

um, I find an S to cook for me, duh.
Je Pense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th-January-2012, 07:25 AM   ohrtonz's time 13th-January-2012, 01:25 AM    #19
ohrtonz

If I am having soup and sandwich, which I often do, I will use the spoon for spreading mayonnaise, then eat soup. Instead of wasting a knife I have to wash. I find it easier to spread mayonnaise and cream cheese with the back of a spoon.
ohrtonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th-January-2012, 08:00 PM   Symbiot's time 18th-January-2012, 01:01 PM    #20
Symbiot
Redshirt

I usually slice off some butter and get real close to the bread to get a good look and angle as I try to spread it. I quickly become frustrated because the butter is too hard and the bread is too soft. I end up with a small amount of butter spread while most of it is in a heap in one spot where the bread is smushed from pressing too hard. I prepare to eat the bread in a spiral pattern, consuming things in an attempted worst-to-best fashion (crust, unbuttered bread, lightly buttered, omg too much butter). While I do this, I consider how other people butter their bread, if the bread is still good, what other butters might be softer, climate/temperature reasons for hardness, the safety and practicality of leaving butter on the counter or in the fridge, and about that guy that melts the butter and pours it on (and if it would be too soggy).

Then, I throw it in the trash because I don't eat bread anymore.
Symbiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th-January-2012, 09:25 PM   NoID10ts's time 18th-January-2012, 03:25 PM    #21
NoID10ts
aka Noddy

windows_xp_2003firefox

Butter is for pussies.
NoID10ts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th-January-2012, 01:21 AM   Gather_Wanderer's time 18th-January-2012, 07:21 PM    #22
Gather_Wanderer
I'm the top supporting actor in my own life's show.

Unless the bread is warm, it always turns into this little glob of yellowyness in the center of a slice that is likely severely punctured/destroyed by my rough buttering with the knife.

For now on, I think I'll just hang a large melting pot of butter over a giant log fire in my backyard, akin to some sort of tribal sacrifical ceremony. When I want a slice, I'll fish it in and pull it out.

Heh, and all YOU folks rely on electricity for the simplest tasks.

Welcome, by the way.

Gather_Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th-January-2012, 05:43 AM   Pizzabeak's time 23rd-January-2012, 09:43 PM    #23
Pizzabeak

Toast the bread then slice some butter on it with a knife, stroke it a few times in succession until there's no more butter on the knife.
Pizzabeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd-February-2012, 04:47 AM   psychopathwannabe's time 3rd-February-2012, 04:48 AM    #24
psychopathwannabe
This too shall pass

windows_98_nt_2000safari

Quote:
Originally Posted by severus View Post
I take a long time to butter bread, too. I have to get it perfectly even and right to the edges. It's manageable... but tacos on the other hand! They're always cold by the time I get everything on there.
Same here.
I will then put it into a toaster to make it hot again, in fact it tastes better too!

I don't know what I like but I know what I don't like.

"I don't much care where, so long as I get somewhere."
psychopathwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd-February-2012, 11:51 AM   P.H.'s time 3rd-February-2012, 11:51 AM    #25
P.H.
Almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea.

I always put excess butter back
P.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd-February-2012, 03:03 PM   Melkor's time 3rd-February-2012, 03:03 PM    #26
Melkor
*Silent antagonist*

windows_98_nt_2000ie

I glare at the butter until it yields and evenly spreads itself on the bread.

Then I torture the bread in my deepest most darkest dungeons until it is perfectly toasted.

Then I eat it while riding at the head of a great host of demons on their way to a massive orgy of bloodletting and violence.

Of course, even with all this, the bastarding butter still ends up on the carpet!

"I will arise and go now, for always night and day
I hear lake water lapping with low sounds by the shore;
While I stand on the roadway, or on the pavements grey,
I hear it in the deep heart's core."
Melkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd-February-2012, 05:18 PM   Dr. Freeman's time 3rd-February-2012, 12:18 PM    #27
Dr. Freeman
In a place outside of time

windows_xp_2003ie

I guess you could use the fires of my sister's Fe to heat the butter, then use the "fire" of my Fe to cool it.
and tore the world asunder.
Dr. Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd-February-2012, 07:23 PM   MsAnthropy_Indefatigably's time 3rd-February-2012, 02:23 PM    #28
MsAnthropy_Indefatigably
The Black One

windows_xp_2003safari

Yeah, I use margarine in a tub like someone said. I don't eat butter on bread unless it came that way, like someone else said.... it's too much work. To me, butter is for cooking and basting....and it's like a delicacy. Nothing that good should just be laying around my kitchen.

MsAnthropy_Indefatigably is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th-February-2012, 01:51 AM   the_s_rabbit's time 4th-February-2012, 07:51 PM    #29
the_s_rabbit

linuxsafari

I used to put up with Country Crock, until the first time I met my in-laws. They only use real butter. So that's all I use now. I cut a chunk off the end of the stick, slice it into two "pats", throw it into the microwave for 12 seconds on power level 5 (out of 10). This results in delicious, spreadable butter for two slices of bread or toast. If I'm eating English muffins, I use more butter and put it in the microwave for 15 seconds. Then I can push the toasted English muffin into the melted butter until they are dripping. Sooooo goood. And yeah, I take my sweet time. Don't wanna mess it up. If I were still using Country Crock I would just throw it on there and not give a crap.

-Charts are fun!
the_s_rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th-February-2012, 04:03 AM   EditorOne's time 4th-February-2012, 11:03 PM    #30
EditorOne
Resident Member

windows_vistafirefox

Hmm. Apparently I have more of a ritual.

I don't eat butter on bread, only on toast. And trying to spread butter out of the refrigerator on toast leads to torn bread (yes, I am clumsy and impatient on many issues involving boring basic sustenance).

So. I pop the bread in the toaster and pop the stick of butter in the microwave for 16 seconds. When the bread pops, I'm ready with easily spread butter that then melts into the toast. I used to leave it heavy but the passing years are taking their toll on my metabolism and I now put excess butter off the knife back onto the stick and put it back in the fridge.

I think, I think I am, therefore I am.
I think.
-- Moody Blues, In the Beginning

Need a public adjuster? (Yeah, you probably do.)
EditorOne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th-February-2012, 04:19 AM   Vrecknidj's time 4th-February-2012, 11:19 PM    #31
Vrecknidj
Resident Member

windows_xp_2003safari

My wife and sons have celiac disease and so we do not have any wheat products in our home. Further, my wife is so reactive to wheat (and gluten from other sources, and corn), that if I eat them, she has a bad reaction when we come in contact.

So, I don't butter bread because I don't eat bread.

In related news, her allergies are so severe that we cannot eat processed foods and we prepare everything we eat from original ingredients. So, cooking often takes hours for us. But we eat really, really well.
Vrecknidj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th-February-2012, 10:00 PM   Cavallier's time 6th-February-2012, 02:00 PM    #32
Cavallier
Oh damn.

windows_xp_2003ie

I don't butter it. I peanut butter it.
Old 30th-March-2012, 03:24 PM   Czech Yes or No's time 30th-March-2012, 09:24 AM    #33
Czech Yes or No
Personality is only a small part of your person.

linuxsafari

Welcome to the party.
Czech Yes or No is offline   Reply With Quote