Go Back   INTP Forum > Within > MBTI & Typology

Old 21st-August-2014, 06:27 AM   #1
Animekitty
A royal color

windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Rectifying All Perspectives into an Uber Model

Triangulation (social science)

Spoiler:
In the social sciences, triangulation is often used to indicate that two (or more) methods are used in a study in order to check the results. "The concept of triangulation is borrowed from navigational and land surveying techniques that determine a single point in space with the convergence of measurements taken from two other distinct points."[1] The idea is that one can be more confident with a result if different methods lead to the same result.

Triangulation is a powerful technique that facilitates validation of data through cross verification from two or more sources. In particular, it refers to the application and combination of several research methodologies in the study of the same phenomenon.[2]

It can be employed in both quantitative (validation) and qualitative (inquiry) studies.
It is a method-appropriate strategy of founding the credibility of qualitative analyses.
It becomes an alternative to traditional criteria like reliability and validity.
It is the preferred line in the social sciences.
By combining multiple observers, theories, methods, and empirical materials, researchers can hope to overcome the weakness or intrinsic biases and the problems that come from single method, single-observer and single-theory studies.

In the coming future machines will take all information on the internet and use cross-contextualization of the historical data sets in a fully connected bayesian network to discover the archetypal relationships everyone and everything has to everyone and everything else. We will soon know what form of interactions are possible in a finite hierarchy tree. Binary can represent all all classifications whereas the point of view modeled by the dunbar number coordinates a nonlinear social dynamic of simulated scenarios of held beliefs of individuals within groups, Intelligence and systematic equilibriums. Science share in all forms make broad generalizations to specific outcomes. The methods by which we will proceed in synchronicity of multiple disparate teams who need not know they are contributing but add to the collective knowledge resources such as wikipedia. What we may think is objective is a subjective accumulation of life experience and this is why definitions or the internal dictionary of childhood developments must be subsumed into a more coherent projections from higher dimensional vector space to linear teaching tools. The Foundation Series marks the first conception of the psychohistory project authored by Issac Asimov. Even if it is only one planet and or solar system the full predictive powers of such an organization headed by human partnership with Artificial General Intelligence shall set the future coarse of all humanity.

Animekitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st-August-2014, 07:39 AM   #2
Brontosaurie
Banned

macossafari
Default Re: Rectifying All Perspectives into an Uber Model

intense as shit yet again

good read!!!
Brontosaurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th-August-2014, 12:38 PM   #3
Animekitty
A royal color

windows_98_nt_2000safari

http://www.kurzweilai.net/forums/top...-with-the-time

Quote:
I'm sorry if I've pushed anyone's buttons. That was not my intention. Many of you might be wondering why I'm suddenly being so pessimistic. The truth is that I have become disillusioned with Man's capability to bring salvation. I have turned to Christ and submitted myself to Him. I will never have the body that I want in this life, but if I serve Christ then perhaps I will get it in the next one.

Christ is a metaphor, has always been one.

No one is saying Christ is not real but to expand consciousness is the only resolution to a failed hope. Without the true living of escapasion nothing is worth more than that moment of epic glory of love and light. Although in this life it is rarely reached does not mean it cannot be so. I grew up with a christian mother but was never taught that everything about Christ was only a glimmer of what can be seen in the bible. Science is not going away anytime soon and gives proof to the final acclimation life has a place for us. In the metaphysical realm there are places of darkness but the light overwhelms it in magnitude. To work toward this liberation in this place of physicality will bring peace. I do not despair, I have seen this realm where all must come to pass, I have seen it in them I see it in you.

Did you ever wonder of why games have become so real, why it is possible for humans to create the magnificent wonders they can. Each passing day the momentum grows. Faith is not lost because we have seen the truth but because we have not. We as humanity are emerging, we have just been born. Time wave zero of internet fractal novelty.

Old 31st-August-2014, 12:22 PM   #4
Blarraun
straightedgy

windows_98_nt_2000firefox

Spoiler:
Quote:
In the coming future machines will take all information on the internet and use cross-contextualization of the historical data sets in a fully connected bayesian network to discover the archetypal relationships everyone and everything has to everyone and everything else. We will soon know what form of interactions are possible in a finite hierarchy tree. Binary can represent all all classifications whereas the point of view modeled by the dunbar number coordinates a nonlinear social dynamic of simulated scenarios of held beliefs of individuals within groups, Intelligence and systematic equilibriums. Science share in all forms make broad generalizations to specific outcomes. The methods by which we will proceed in synchronicity of multiple disparate teams who need not know they are contributing but add to the collective knowledge resources such as wikipedia. What we may think is objective is a subjective accumulation of life experience and this is why definitions or the internal dictionary of childhood developments must be subsumed into a more coherent projections from higher dimensional vector space to linear teaching tools. The Foundation Series marks the first conception of the psychohistory project authored by Issac Asimov. Even if it is only one planet and or solar system the full predictive powers of such an organization headed by human partnership with Artificial General Intelligence shall set the future coarse of all humanity.

What I understand from the above:
In the coming future machines will take all information on the internet and use historical data sets in different contexts in a complete network of evidential probabilities to discover every pattern of connections in the universe.

It is likely to happen ^.

We will soon know what form of interactions are possible in a finite hierarchy tree. Binary can represent all all classifications whereas the point of view modeled by

the dunbar number coordinates a nonlinear social dynamic of simulated scenarios of held beliefs of individuals within groups, Intelligence and systematic equilibriums.

I don't understand , please explain what dunbar coordinates are.

I cannot follow the rest of the post without understanding the preceding sentences, can I?

I think the post could use more clarifications and paragraphs in general, maybe a link to every uncommon word or concept to aid the understanding to someone unfamiliar.
mail preferred

Blarraun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st-August-2014, 12:59 PM   #5
Animekitty
A royal color

windows_98_nt_2000safari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blarraun View Post
We will soon know what form of interactions are possible in a finite hierarchy tree. Binary can represent all all classifications whereas the point of view modeled by

the dunbar number coordinates a nonlinear social dynamic of simulated scenarios of held beliefs of individuals within groups, Intelligence and systematic equilibriums.

I don't understand , please explain what dunbar coordinates are.

I cannot follow the rest of the post without understanding the preceding sentences, can I?

I think the post could use more clarifications and paragraphs in general, maybe a link to every uncommon word or concept to aid the understanding to someone unfamiliar.
IQ and and quality of social groups limits what a single individual understands. If the number of people a person can grasp is finite it is possible to know how they will behave / think. If you can only hold a certain amount of information about others simply you can play a videogame only so many ways before you find the local minima, or local minimum of what is possible given the rules applied. Multiplayer games would have behaviors that can be graphed according to how the players are coordinating. Over time we could make predictions and run all scenarios.

Storytelling follows predefined interactions that take place by how scenarios cannot be random but probability. Novelty arises because we cannot mentally go through all the scenarios but a machine can. Because we can only simulate a limited number of other minds this ability can be mapped with high resolution. The first map is type, then personality and then society. It may get complex but if a computer can have more capacity than the brain and use algorithms far more efficient than we can alone instead of understanding only 150 people it could understand millions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunbar's_number
Old 31st-August-2014, 05:32 PM   #6
Blarraun
straightedgy

It could be an option assuming complete determinism and lack of new patterns emerging from agents themselves. Something similar to Laplace's demon etc.
mail preferred

Old 31st-August-2014, 06:17 PM   #7
Animekitty
A royal color

windows_98_nt_2000safari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blarraun View Post
It could be an option assuming complete determinism and lack of new patterns emerging from agents themselves. Something similar to Laplace's demon etc.
it would be simple math.
they would not be our equals but surpass us
if machines know themselves it will be like us studying ants.
not complete determinism for them but for us

play risk until you have mastered it (humanity)

set theory still not mastered but within the domain of a finite set it can be fully understood.
Old 31st-August-2014, 06:29 PM   #8
Animekitty
A royal color

windows_98_nt_2000safari

go to min 5:30

Old 31st-August-2014, 06:41 PM   #9
Blarraun
straightedgy

Tachikomas, there was a moment in the series when they got creeepy. But overall a very positive portrayal of AI.

Overall most AI future scenarios leave humanity aside and while it's interesting to try to imagine what the future will be like, I think that from my perspective I prefer to focus on what we still can do and not what they will be able to do as that is beyond our capacity to list.
mail preferred

Old 10th-September-2014, 10:48 AM   #10
Animekitty
A royal color

windows_98_nt_2000safari

Old 11th-January-2017, 07:57 AM   #11
Animekitty
A royal color

windows_98_nt_2000safari

The way the brain works it is so simple that there must be a simulation of the planet constantly updated with every individual on earth. It is as simple as this: Wal-Mart sales the products people buy most. They record everything to see what people will buy and stocks the store shelve with those items. Wal-Mart has suppliers and the suppliers have suppliers. People change what they do bassed on what their values are. Valued behavior is (Deep Reinforcement Learning). People need to eat, people need toothpaste, people need things! The brain is designed to learn by evolution so it can survive. A cell must get energy to survive. Energy use by one organism denies energy to another. Everything is connected in that way by physics. Everything effects everything and this means we can detect when something changes. It is how we discovered pluto. The planets wobbled in a way not predicted by a 8 planet model. Anomalies have a cause. They are detectable.

Every person on the planet is a node and is detectable by the disturbances caused in the economy. They are predictable based on the resolution of the model used for each node and the interactions with all other contacted nodes. Information about everything on earth should be in the simulation. The errors in the information can be dealt with through error correction. Shannon–Hartley theorem. In math statistics, a coefficient tells you how correlated two items are. Adding up all coefficients can tell you the weighted probability of the effects an item can have on a person's behavior. A person that sees a soda pop commercial and is thirsty is more likely to buy soda pop. Popcorn commercials make it more likely that people will buy popcorn at varied percentages of the population. Knowing more and more about a person will tell you how they interact with the environment.

As the environment changes and as people change, all this can be predicted with models in simulations. The level of influence things have on each other is can be calculated. The most complex calculation is the human brain. The best way to predict a brain is to recreate it. The brain can be modeled as a directed graph. The graph changes based on reinforcement learning. When people do things on the internet this is detectable and this changes the brain. Some people read Wikipedia all day. Their brain is different from a brain that watches cartoons all day. People that edit Wikipedia influence people that read Wikipedia. People that draw the cartoons influence the people that watch the cartoon. YouTube tries to predict which videos you will watch next and has recommendations on its front page. The brain based on what it wants will choose to do what it does because of those wants and needs. A brain model will act the same way on same input based on the value state of the brain.

On the internet, the hyperconnectivity of everything being capable of connecting to everything else means people are exposed to information that complexifies their brain. Connections are no longer localized but are worldwide. Yet information can still be updated to a brain model with browser history. The more complex a person is the harder they are to predict but this is manageable within a limit. The impossible is still impossible. The exertion of influence is comparable to gravity. Heavier (complex) planets (people) have more gravity (influence). People with greater influence disturb the simulation in what is know as the butterfly effect. This is because their brain is more complex than the model in the simulation. This creates a gross error in the predictive system. Complex items are paid more attention too because of this.

As the resolution and volume of records increase, more and more data will become available to make correlations. This will complexify individuals at an accelerated rate.

http://www.krannert.purdue.edu/acade...ac2_100606.pdf