Go Back   INTP Forum > Within > The Lounge > The Lounge Archive

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 25th-August-2010, 10:21 AM   IzlaRoza's time 25th-August-2010, 05:21 AM    #1
IzlaRoza
Member
 
IzlaRoza's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 49
windows_vistaie
Default Zodiac Sign & Type

So a friend just sent me a link to a site about my zodiac sign. It described me pretty accurately. Alot of the characteristics described were also common characteristics found under my type. So that's when i started wondering, are MBTI type and zodiac signs related?

I guess I'm asking what is your type and zodiac sign? And do you believe that it's related?

I'm a Virgo INTP.
IzlaRoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th-August-2010, 10:50 AM   Minuend's time 25th-August-2010, 11:50 AM    #2
Minuend
will eat your face
 
Minuend's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Norway
Posts: 2,845
windows_98_nt_2000firefox
Default Re: Zodiac Sign & Type

I think there's already a thread like this. Poll included.

You're not really Virgo, though.

Here's why:


Ed: Here's the other thread
__________________
I think minuend is actually a balloon disguised as a human

Man, I knew he was nuts, but goddamn
Minuend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th-August-2010, 11:15 AM   kantor1003's time 25th-August-2010, 11:15 AM    #3
kantor1003
Resident Member
 
kantor1003's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Norway
Posts: 1,536
macossafari
Default Re: Zodiac Sign & Type

I love this clip


Edit: and oh, depending on where you live, you are now up to twice as likely to be a woman/girl. Whazzup? :P
__________________
"When I composed that, I was conscious of being inspired by God Almighty. Do you think I can consider your puny little fiddle when He speaks to me?"

Ludwig van Beethoven to a violinist who complained that a passage was unplayable
kantor1003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th-August-2010, 08:26 PM   snafupants's time 25th-August-2010, 02:26 PM    #4
snafupants
Resident Member
 
snafupants's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 5,026
windows_98_nt_2000ie
Default Re: Zodiac Sign & Type

well, it might be and probably is hogwash, but taurus fits pretty well for me. the other desciptions were not really anywhere near that close. again, could be random. and both those clips were pretty funny.

it fits my family members (4) quite well too, but like everyone else, there are personal reservations. haha that bill nye clip where she kinda believes, what? its like being preggers, you are or you arent. "yeah, im spiritual, but not religious" [spoken in hippie drawl]
snafupants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th-August-2010, 08:45 PM   Animekitty's time 25th-August-2010, 01:45 PM    #5
Animekitty
Senior Member
 
Animekitty's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Land of Enchantment
Posts: 1,490
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: Zodiac Sign & Type

I read a book once (forgot the title) that said weather affects the fetus when you are in your mothers womb. This changes your personality when your an adult. So the two could be related. Data collected of MBTI and the weather where your mother lived during pregnancy could provide a better answer if the research was done.
Animekitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th-August-2010, 08:54 PM   snafupants's time 25th-August-2010, 02:54 PM    #6
snafupants
Resident Member
 
snafupants's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 5,026
windows_98_nt_2000ie
Default Re: Zodiac Sign & Type

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animekitty View Post
I read a book once (forgot the title) that said weather affects the fetus when you are in your mothers womb. This changes your personality when your an adult. So the two could be related. Data collected of MBTI and the weather where your mother lived during pregnancy could provide a better answer if the research was done.
that might be true, but it counters the religious underpinnings to astrology. the belief is that your soul had what edgar cayce would deem a sojourn on another planet. other planets, in this paradigm, are believed to exacerbate or alleviate certain qualities and set one up for another spin on planet earth. dont shoot the messenger, but feel free to quibble about my interpretation/synopsis if you like.
snafupants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th-August-2010, 11:46 PM   EyeSeeCold's time 25th-August-2010, 03:46 PM    #7
EyeSeeCold
Snowblind
 
EyeSeeCold's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: California, USA
Posts: 6,729
windows_98_nt_2000firefox
Default Re: Zodiac Sign & Type

First off I'm an Aquarius, 5w4, INTP.

I wouldn't dismiss Astrology too soon. I think there's still a lot to it that needs to be understood. That said, not everyone will fit their zodiac sign, but I do believe that each zodiac sign has a few MBTI counterparts.

This person did an excellent job, but his experience with some types has led to false attributes. Astrology goes into detail about "soul maturity" so a sign could have multiple possible MBTI types. e.g. An immature Aquarius (INTP) can appear like an ENTP or INTJ by being outspoken or dutiful, respectfully.

What I know for sure:
Gemini: ESTP
Aquarius: xNTP, INTJ
Libra: ENFP

Leo: ESFP
Aries: ESxP
Sagittarius: xSTJ

Cancer: xSFJ
Pisces: IxFP
EyeSeeCold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th-August-2010, 01:40 AM   vavel7's time 30th-August-2010, 01:40 AM    #8
vavel7
Redshirt
 
vavel7's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: leamington spa, UK
Posts: 13
windows_vistafirefox
Default Re: Zodiac Sign & Type

Hi, well I'm an Aquarius with horoscope Aries (& with a lot of Aquarius & Scorpio in my horoscore as well) I know almost nothing about astrology but things begin to becomevery interesting when the whole birthday chart of a person is examined analytically (with all it's planets & other stuff, triangles etc).
Astrology is fun! & although when it comes though to analysis I'm always fascinated by Jung's writings, the theories found in the eastern philosopies (that usually surround staff such as astrology) are not that different...
__________________
vavel7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th-August-2010, 03:51 AM   EyeSeeCold's time 29th-August-2010, 07:52 PM    #9
EyeSeeCold
Snowblind
 
EyeSeeCold's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: California, USA
Posts: 6,729
windows_98_nt_2000firefox
Default Re: Zodiac Sign & Type

Astrology looks at typology in a different way. For instance it says Aquarius would do well in a big city/busy place because of its tendency to be in the background and also because diversity is encouraged. It also captures the INTP in essence as the "holder of all knowledge" and burdens us with the task of using our knowledge to help the world.

It's also interesting how it says that Gemini (ESTP), Libra (ENFP), and Aries (ESFP) are it's best matches.
EyeSeeCold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th-August-2010, 05:46 AM   echoplex's time 30th-August-2010, 12:46 AM    #10
echoplex
Happen.
 
echoplex's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: From a dangerously safe distance
Posts: 1,614
windows_xp_2003opera
Default Re: Zodiac Sign & Type

Yeah, that Bill Nye video is right, and there are actually schools (lulz) of astrology that practice it correctly (again, lulz) with the signs being one behind the conventional system you see in those silly magazines and whatnot.

I was told I'm Capricorn (Jan 11), but I guess if asked I have to say I'm a Sagittarius. To be honest, I can sort of relate to both. I'm pretty reserved and conservative-ish in practice (like Caps), but I'm also interested in 'big' ideas and love adventure (Saggy). Then again, I'm also emotional like Cancers and can be talkative like Geminis. So, I was born in June?

Also, while astrology is likely mostly bs, to be fair you have to consider it in its totality. It's not just about your sun sign, it's about your whole birth chart and how you're supposed to interpret that. That doesn't make it any more legit, but if you're going to dismiss something it's best to at least understand it in proper context.
__________________
small.
echoplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th-August-2010, 08:05 AM   Words's time 30th-August-2010, 08:05 AM    #11
Words
Only 1 1-F.
 
Words's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Order
Posts: 3,207
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: Zodiac Sign & Type

I don't see why I still need to open myself to bday=personality. Where is the logic in this? Granted, reality is not hard stone but to believe this would be to destroy sense itself.

I am not my sign btw.
__________________
"CKSP + YTF + 'e'-continuous" does not work. E-continuous is difficult to ignite and get the engine running. It's possible but very difficult to ignite.
Words is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th-August-2010, 08:37 AM   EyeSeeCold's time 30th-August-2010, 12:37 AM    #12
EyeSeeCold
Snowblind
 
EyeSeeCold's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: California, USA
Posts: 6,729
windows_98_nt_2000firefox
Default Re: Zodiac Sign & Type

Quote:
Originally Posted by Words View Post
I don't see why I still need to open myself to bday=personality. Where is the logic in this? Granted, reality is not hard stone but to believe this would be to destroy sense itself.

I am not my sign btw.
You haven't read enough about Astrology. On the surface it seems like spiritual BS, but an in depth read would reveal Astrology is based on the arrangements of the planets at birth. If you knew your physics you'd know that planets and all other matter affects us through gravity. The atmospheric pressure of the womb during birth can therefore affect our brains during development. All this implies, or better yet, proves that Astrology is scientific at its core.

In addition, Astrology proves that personalities are not set in stone. It is a combined effort of nature + nurture. If someone hardly relates to their Sun sign, it is because they were raised against their natural tendencies, imo ascendants and moon signs etc are nothing compared to the influence of the Sun during your birth.
EyeSeeCold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th-August-2010, 09:37 AM   Words's time 30th-August-2010, 09:37 AM    #13
Words
Only 1 1-F.
 
Words's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Order
Posts: 3,207
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: Zodiac Sign & Type

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeSeeCold View Post
If you knew your physics you'd know that planets and all other matter affects us through gravity.
Alignments affect gravity? Gravity affects personality?

Quote:
The atmospheric pressure of the womb during birth can therefore affect our brains during development. All this implies, or better yet, proves that Astrology is scientific at its core.
Sounds too deductive. Do you have any specifics? How is the process exactly?
Quote:
In addition, Astrology proves that personalities are not set in stone. It is a combined effort of nature + nurture.
Would you consider gravitational forces as nature or nurture?

Quote:
If someone hardly relates to their Sun sign, it is because they were raised against their natural tendencies, imo ascendants and moon signs etc are nothing compared to the influence of the Sun during your birth.
Well, I was certainly not raised against my own supposed "preferences". I'm suppose to be hardworking, methodical, and ambitious but all my life I've skipped classes, idled around and seek present stimulation. In fact, nurture(family) even tried to force these 'J'ish' traits in me and failed horribly.

Furthermore, doesn't this poll show enough relativity?
__________________
"CKSP + YTF + 'e'-continuous" does not work. E-continuous is difficult to ignite and get the engine running. It's possible but very difficult to ignite.
Words is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th-August-2010, 10:28 AM   EyeSeeCold's time 30th-August-2010, 02:28 AM    #14
EyeSeeCold
Snowblind
 
EyeSeeCold's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: California, USA
Posts: 6,729
windows_98_nt_2000firefox
Default Re: Zodiac Sign & Type

I will get back to you, it's late, and I have college tomorrow.
EyeSeeCold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th-August-2010, 10:50 PM   EyeSeeCold's time 30th-August-2010, 02:50 PM    #15
EyeSeeCold
Snowblind
 
EyeSeeCold's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: California, USA
Posts: 6,729
windows_98_nt_2000firefox
Default Re: Zodiac Sign & Type

Quote:
Originally Posted by Words View Post
Alignments affect gravity? Gravity affects personality?

Of course alignments affect gravity. Closer/farther has an effect on the gravitational pull. The gravity has an effect on the air and water pressure of the womb
(think tidal waves), affecting the development of the brain. People born near the same gravitational pulls should have similar mental dispositions. I've read a few articles related to this, but not for the sake of Astrology. I wish I could find one, but I don't have the links to any of them.

Sounds too deductive. Do you have any specifics? How is the process exactly?

I agree, but see above. And proceed to read this: http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/articles/NArtTina.asp It has nothing to do with Astrology, but that is what Astrology is based on: brain chemistry and physics. Most sites won't show it because either they don't know that it runs that deep or they want to dwell on the mystical aspects of Astrology. Serious astrology sites will have at least a natal chart in their site features.

Would you consider gravitational forces as nature or nurture?

Nature, since gravitational forces are not conscious/in control of their actions on the environment. I see nurture as carried out by living beings with personal ambitions. Regardless, personalities are an inseparable mix of both so there is no point in trying to pinpoint everything.

Well, I was certainly not raised against my own supposed "preferences". I'm suppose to be hardworking, methodical, and ambitious but all my life I've skipped classes, idled around and seek present stimulation. In fact, nurture(family) even tried to force these 'J'ish' traits in me and failed horribly.

Forgive me for using my intuition here, but I didn't mean you'd be violently raised against your disposition. I'd like to think that the brain would be able to adapt to the world as needed during development(nurture), since you don't stop growing until early 20s. Levels of chemicals in the body would be adjusted as the brain gets exercise in situations it wasn't already built for.

Furthermore, doesn't this poll show enough relativity?
It seems I've run out of hair splitters , but really as stated in my earlier post I don't assume people to always match their signs. You can attribute that to nurture and immaturity. For a last ditch effort at preserving Astrology's accuracy be sure to check both a person's Sun sign and ascendent. Both represent me fully and I assure you it is not the Forer affect.
EyeSeeCold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st-August-2010, 12:26 AM   Fukyo's time 31st-August-2010, 01:26 AM    #16
Fukyo
spiteful weirdo
 
Fukyo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,647
windows_98_nt_2000firefox
Default Re: Zodiac Sign & Type

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeSeeCold View Post
What I know for sure:
Gemini: ESTP
They actually sound a lot like Ne doms to me from what I've read.

Anyway, I'm a Gemini, and I am nowhere near being an ESTP. What now?
__________________
Get a little bit of bourbon in ya,
Go a little bit suburban and go crazy.
Fukyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st-August-2010, 04:56 AM   EyeSeeCold's time 30th-August-2010, 08:56 PM    #17
EyeSeeCold
Snowblind
 
EyeSeeCold's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: California, USA
Posts: 6,729
windows_98_nt_2000firefox
Default Re: Zodiac Sign & Type

Again, zodiac signs and mbti types are not expected to correlate (for whatever reason). This makes astrology unreliable, but not worthless.

Gemini is characterized first and foremost by hyperactivity and fickleness, they come off as immature toddlers, as it seems they never lose their old ways. They are intellectuals (though not in a way that NTs are; they loathe lengthy, impractical and pretentious theorizing), youthful, persuasive and tend to always show signs of nervousness (constantly checking phone, tapping foot, shaking leg, sighing and looking stessed). They can also be highly gifted in the arts, though curiously they seem to never practice yet always show some talent and skill. They have a need to always be doing something and when that something gets old they look for something new. Geminis live in the physical world, always searching for the next best thing to stimulate them physically, if lucky, intellectually, and sometimes even sexually. Geminis are more likely to use stimulants and inhalants to give them the rush they need. Their main goal in life is to find out the world's mysteries, the more dangerous the better. The saying "curiosity killed the cat" was no doubt meant for a Gemini. Geminis are most likely to be found in sports such as football, basketball and tennis and in the arts as musicians, painters and drawers. Now does that seem like ESTP to you?

It may seem like Ne, but Geminis do not live in the present mental realm, they live in the present physical realm (Se). Though, they are always planning for the next great adventure because of their need to be constantly stimulated. Their weakest area is realizing the implications of their actions (inferior Ni) and a sense of how situations will turn out (this is why they tend to dangerously live life in the fast lane). They love to philosophize (auxillary Ti), but only about subjects directly related to the physical world. They love expressing emotions through carefully chosen words, art and music and give off a jolly and upbeat nature, but would rather not handle the dirty work of addressing feelings (tertiary Fe).
EyeSeeCold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st-August-2010, 06:44 PM   TruthSeeker's time 31st-August-2010, 01:44 PM    #18
TruthSeeker
Member
 
TruthSeeker's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: The Great White North
Posts: 110
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: Zodiac Sign & Type

Ahh...the sweet smell of the fresh air that is freedom of speech. If you tried discussing this over at INTPc you'd get your head smashed in.

I loved those YouTube videos and think astrology's nonsense, but I find it emotionally satisfying...in a way. I like this "mystical destiny" stuff that links some inner essence of mine with the journeys of the stars. Makes me feel like a part of something greater, so some kind of sacred mission. Of course, it's hogwash, but harmless entertainment, no? (I know, not for everyone, but I say it's their fault for taking it too seriously).

Anyway, I'm a Capricorn, which sounds ESTJ-ish. I guess at least they got two functions right, but they're not even in the right positions.
TruthSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st-August-2010, 07:55 PM   avanover's time 31st-August-2010, 11:55 AM    #19
avanover
Fire of Prometheus
 
avanover's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Yuba City, CA
Posts: 99
windows_98_nt_2000firefox
Default Re: Zodiac Sign & Type

Astrology is actually much more complicated than the simple 12 signs. Go get a natal chart to see what I'm talking about. Make sure you know when (exactly) and where you were born. Also, there are different astrological systems. There's the tropical and the sidereal zodiac. Tropical signs stays the same as it was defined years ago and sidereal signs change based on the Earth's tilt (which is about 23.4 degrees). This phenomenon is called Axial precession (precession of the equinoxes). A "Great Year" cycles through all the 12 houses and is about 25800 years. An "Age" is one house of the zodiac and is about 2150 years. There's much debate over which system is the correct one, it's hard to tell because signs that are close to each other have similar qualities. In about 10,000-11,000 years: the signs will be completely opposite, so the debate should be interesting then. Guess we'll have to wait to reincarnate.

Oh, and I'm Aquarius on the tropical zodiac and I'm INTP.
__________________
avanover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st-September-2010, 01:10 AM   Fukyo's time 1st-September-2010, 02:10 AM    #20
Fukyo
spiteful weirdo
 
Fukyo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,647
windows_98_nt_2000firefox
Default Re: Zodiac Sign & Type

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeSeeCold View Post
Again, zodiac signs and mbti types are not expected to correlate (for whatever reason). This makes astrology unreliable, but not worthless.

Gemini is characterized first and foremost by hyperactivity and fickleness, they come off as immature toddlers, as it seems they never lose their old ways. They are intellectuals (though not in a way that NTs are; they loathe lengthy, impractical and pretentious theorizing), youthful, persuasive and tend to always show signs of nervousness (constantly checking phone, tapping foot, shaking leg, sighing and looking stessed). They can also be highly gifted in the arts, though curiously they seem to never practice yet always show some talent and skill. They have a need to always be doing something and when that something gets old they look for something new. Geminis live in the physical world, always searching for the next best thing to stimulate them physically, if lucky, intellectually, and sometimes even sexually. Geminis are more likely to use stimulants and inhalants to give them the rush they need. Their main goal in life is to find out the world's mysteries, the more dangerous the better. The saying "curiosity killed the cat" was no doubt meant for a Gemini. Geminis are most likely to be found in sports such as football, basketball and tennis and in the arts as musicians, painters and drawers. Now does that seem like ESTP to you?

It may seem like Ne, but Geminis do not live in the present mental realm, they live in the present physical realm (Se). Though, they are always planning for the next great adventure because of their need to be constantly stimulated. Their weakest area is realizing the implications of their actions (inferior Ni) and a sense of how situations will turn out (this is why they tend to dangerously live life in the fast lane). They love to philosophize (auxillary Ti), but only about subjects directly related to the physical world. They love expressing emotions through carefully chosen words, art and music and give off a jolly and upbeat nature, but would rather not handle the dirty work of addressing feelings (tertiary Fe).

However you want to interpret a multitude of both type and zodiac sign descriptions, that still doesn't make ESTPs Geminis. And you know why? Because your date of birth has absolutely nothing to do with your psychological type.

It's an absurd notion easily debunked by the fact there are people who's type doesn't match with your typological interpretation of zodiac.
__________________
Get a little bit of bourbon in ya,
Go a little bit suburban and go crazy.
Fukyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st-September-2010, 01:26 AM   Anthile's time 1st-September-2010, 02:27 AM    #21
Anthile
Nothing but contempt
 
Anthile's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,014
windows_98_nt_2000firefox
Default Re: Zodiac Sign & Type

For quite some time now I wonder if there really is something to astrology. No, not what you think. I don't mean horoscopes, alchemy or dubious gypsies. Considering how much influence the sun and the moon have on all life here on Earth, why shouldn't other celestial bodies have influence as well? Of course to to a far lesser degree because of size, distance, etc. After all, changing the position of the sun just a little bit could have tremendous consequences. I doubt that puny Earthlings could foretell the future with it and it certainly wouldn't tell you that you find the love of your life next Friday. But if that was true it would produce patterns and patterns can be observed.
__________________
"Good evening, gentlemen! Please pay attention. I am a reformed vampire, which is to say, I am a bundle of suppressed instincts held together with spit and coffee. It would be wrong to say that violent, tearing carnage does not come easily to me. It's not tearing your throats out that doesn't come easily to me. Please don't make it any harder."

~Maladict, Monstrous Regiment
Anthile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st-September-2010, 01:39 AM   EyeSeeCold's time 31st-August-2010, 05:39 PM    #22
EyeSeeCold
Snowblind
 
EyeSeeCold's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: California, USA
Posts: 6,729
windows_98_nt_2000firefox
Default Re: Zodiac Sign & Type

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukyo View Post
However you want to interpret a multitude of both type and zodiac sign descriptions, that still doesn't make ESTPs Geminis. And you know why? Because your date of birth has absolutely nothing to do with your psychological type.

It's an absurd notion easily debunked by the fact there are people who's type doesn't match with your typological interpretation of zodiac.
I guess my post was misunderstood.

The Gemini archetype is that of the ESTP. A typical ESTP shows characteristics of a Gemini. Nowhere in my post did I clam that all ESTPs are Geminis nor did I claim that all Geminis are ESTPs. Even at the beginning of my post I stated that Astrology was unreliable i.e. inconsistent, I know that already. That is why I don't take Astrology to heart, but I also don't take it lightly because it has just as much to offer in typology as other systems.
EyeSeeCold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st-September-2010, 11:22 AM   Thaklaar's time 1st-September-2010, 05:22 AM    #23
Thaklaar
Member
 
Thaklaar's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: League City, TX
Posts: 297
windows_xp_2003ie
Default Re: Zodiac Sign & Type

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
For quite some time now I wonder if there really is something to astrology. No, not what you think. I don't mean horoscopes, alchemy or dubious gypsies. Considering how much influence the sun and the moon have on all life here on Earth, why shouldn't other celestial bodies have influence as well? Of course to to a far lesser degree because of size, distance, etc. After all, changing the position of the sun just a little bit could have tremendous consequences. I doubt that puny Earthlings could foretell the future with it and it certainly wouldn't tell you that you find the love of your life next Friday. But if that was true it would produce patterns and patterns can be observed.
There is some evidence that planetary alignments (specifically of Venus, Earth, and Jupiter) may have an effect on solar cycles. And solar weather does have an impact on Earth. But that still doesn't make traditional astrology any less silly.
__________________
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, it is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning, it is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Thaklaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd-September-2010, 11:32 PM   Nerd.'s time 3rd-September-2010, 06:32 PM    #24
Nerd.
New and Improved!
 
Nerd.'s Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 83
windows_98_nt_2000firefox
Default Re: Zodiac Sign & Type

Astrology is a clever way to track the movement of the stars. Humans are distinct from other animals in their burning desire to predict future events. Astrology is in the fabric of many societies for these (and likely many more) reasons. Further, it is quite possible that the vague descriptions resemble personality types. It would be shocking if they did not. There are so many ways for one to interpret his or her "sign" that eventually, one of the descriptions will most likely fit. The need for categorization will be satisfied.

In order to claim that celestial activity has a direct impact on a person's fate/personality, open to accurate interpretation, and can be applied usefully to daily life, one must know which system to use. The popular Zodiac is some neo-Babylonian adaptation using twelve or thirteen signs. The Chinese Zodiac based upon years. Many Aboriginal zodiacs exist using similar and different cycles. Which ones are correct?


I agree with Anthile and Thaklaar. The sun is a key component in life on earth. More than the energy source, the sun is a driving force of the circadian rhythm. The effects of the moon on [large-scale] biological systems are equally undeniable. It is not rational to discount other, nearby celestial bodies and the physical forces they may exert on our planet, from having some impact on living things. However, to say they affect one’s personality and overall character is silliness.

I'm a Virgo.
__________________
No.
Nerd. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th-September-2010, 12:29 AM   IfloatTHRUlife's time 3rd-September-2010, 07:29 PM    #25
IfloatTHRUlife
Member
 
IfloatTHRUlife's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: the eastern shore of the USA
Posts: 420
windows_xp_2003ie
Default Re: Zodiac Sign & Type

I dont beleive in astrology, knowing how gravity works, the human body is so small that its mass isnt large enough to be effected by any gravity aside from the earth and moon.

But just for giggles, i have known for a long time that im a Gemini, and always found it interesting because it is known as "The great twins", which i have always perceived as, having multiple personalities or something to that effect. Which i obviously dont have 2 personalities but i do find that when you rationalize and analyze everything, you run into a lot of inconsistancies and i often contradict myself. Like how i am often miserable and can hate things about myself, but at the same time i adore myself, and my personality.

In other words im out of my mind, i should probably look into astrology more, so i can blame it on the sun.
__________________
IfloatTHRUlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th-September-2010, 12:48 AM   EyeSeeCold's time 3rd-September-2010, 04:48 PM    #26
EyeSeeCold
Snowblind
 
EyeSeeCold's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: California, USA
Posts: 6,729
windows_98_nt_2000firefox
Default Re: Zodiac Sign & Type

Quote:
Originally Posted by IfloatTHRUlife View Post

But just for giggles, i have known for a long time that im a Gemini, and always found it interesting because it is known as "The great twins", which i have always perceived as, having multiple personalities or something to that effect. Which i obviously dont have 2 personalities but i do find that when you rationalize and analyze everything, you run into a lot of inconsistancies and i often contradict myself. Like how i am often miserable and can hate things about myself, but at the same time i adore myself, and my personality.

In other words im out of my mind, i should probably look into astrology more, so i can blame it on the sun.
That's one way to interpret the twins. I've always took it as someone being shifty, saying one thing one day, but something else the other day so that it seems like it's two different people. Not trying to say you're wrong or anything, but the self contradiction in our thinking, imo, is due to non-attachment to ideas not dual personalities.
EyeSeeCold is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Zodiac sign addictedartist Old Philosophy & Faith Subforum Archive 6 17th-October-2012 10:09 AM
Polyamory & Type INTP Kellhus INTP Archive 17 1st-April-2012 04:15 AM
What's your sign? Smooch The Lounge Archive 22 10th-June-2011 05:36 AM
MMDI & Type Dynamics Wish MBTI & Typology Archive 15 23rd-November-2009 11:59 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:44 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Template-Modifications by TMS



no new posts