Go Back   INTP Forum > Within > MBTI & Typology > MBTI & Typology Archive

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 16th-October-2010, 02:52 AM   hamsham's time 15th-October-2010, 08:52 PM    #1
hamsham
Redshirt
 

Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default INTP to ENFP. The transformation

Hey everyone. I haven't contributed much to this forum, but I have been reading a lot of articles that people have posted. I just wanted to share my story with you guys.

I used to be an INTP. However, early this year everything changed. I'm now an ENFP. I'm curious to see if anyone else has ever gone through any kind of dramatic personality change.

I used to be reserved, philosophical, shy -- a die-hard INTP. In the middle of January, my mind began thinking about other things -- about a girl that went to my school. My mind went into overdrive. I didn't understand why I all of a sudden liked her. All I could think about was her. I don't know if it was because of hormones or because of my excess of thinking, but I was consumed by thoughts about her. My only problem was that I was shy. I was a terrible conversationalist. I didn't have the guts to approach anyone I did not know, let alone I didn't care to.

In the midst of my mind going into overdrive, I shared my dilemma with my best friend. He seems to be an ISFJ. He said that he actually knew my crush's brother, and he agreed to help me with my shyness and help me approach her. Ofcourse, I told him that I did not want to meet her at school for fear of me crawling back into my introvert shell and appearing as too unemotional. I told him that I'd rather meet her out of school, when the best was brought out of me while I hung with my friend.

Eventually, I met my crush's brother. He appeared to be a nice guy. But I think my friend spilled the beans about my crush on his sister.

One day, my best friend asked me to help him plant magnolia trees in his back yard. I agreed. As I helped him dig the holes in his yard, I noticed my crush's brother drive up into the driveway. He and my best friend's brother began talking. They walked out in the yard and acted like they weren't doing anything. Eventually, they started intentionally trying to piss me off. I didn't think much of it at first, but they began making fun of me for liking his sister. I thought that my chances of ever talking to her were ruined. Not only was I angry at them, but I made a fool of myself trying to defend myself. When my emotions came out, they were very childish. That night when I was lying on my bed, I was possibly the maddest I had ever been in my life. I experienced a landslide of almost every emotion.

After the traumatic event, I still liked my crush, but I began trying to forget about her. I became angry at myself for even beginning to think too much in the first place. I forced myself to stop thinking when my intellectual curiosity was sparked. Instead of becoming a shut in because of the incident, I ironically became more extroverted. Overtime, I became more social. I became less philosophic and became more of a jokester who lived with optimism.

As of right now, every time I take a personality test it shows that I am an ENFP. Every description of ENFP fits me perfectly.

My question to you, the INTP forum, is:
Has any one of you experienced a dramatic personality change?

Some days I wish that I was still an INTP, but I enjoy the childish optimism that my new ENFP self holds. Even my friends noticed a change in my personality. They said I was definitely less quiet and more open.
hamsham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th-October-2010, 03:12 AM   Words's time 16th-October-2010, 03:12 AM    #2
Words
Only 1 1-F.
 
Words's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Order
Posts: 3,207
macossafari
Default Re: INTP to ENFP. The transformation

Are you aware of the fact that you are actually presenting an argument here?

Mainly:
What is personality?

what is type?

----

I apologize for the sudden intrusion in your excited self-development. I uh...er..congratulate you on this 'change'.

And yes, dramatic personality change I have had. (I will not share any specifics.)Though, I'm prone to specify the change into 'development'.
__________________
"CKSP + YTF + 'e'-continuous" does not work. E-continuous is difficult to ignite and get the engine running. It's possible but very difficult to ignite.
Words is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th-October-2010, 03:19 AM   The Gopher's time 16th-October-2010, 01:20 PM    #3
The Gopher
Since potato's are in fashion I'll be one of those.
 
The Gopher's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,765
windows_vistafirefox
Default Re: INTP to ENFP. The transformation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamsham View Post
and became more of a jokester who lived with optimism.
Not much has changed then.
__________________
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adaire
“You’re like the illicit lovechild of Red Baron and Melkor, except more fluffy"
I should point out that I do not always agree with what I say.

The Gopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th-October-2010, 04:02 AM   EyeSeeCold's time 15th-October-2010, 08:02 PM    #4
EyeSeeCold
Snowblind
 
EyeSeeCold's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: California, USA
Posts: 6,768
windows_98_nt_2000firefox
Default Re: INTP to ENFP. The transformation

I don't know your whole back story or current situation, but I will say this: you can change your behavior, but you can't change who you are inside. Whether you socialize more or not, your source of energy still comes from introversion or extroversion. I'm willing to bet you are actually INFP and just gained some confidence.
__________________
"It's a cold world out there... Sometimes I think I'm getting a little frosty myself..."

EyeSeeCold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th-October-2010, 04:04 AM   Glordag's time 15th-October-2010, 10:04 PM    #5
Glordag
Pensive Poster
 
Glordag's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 411
windows_98_nt_2000firefox
Default Re: INTP to ENFP. The transformation

I can't decide if this is a serious post or not...

All I can say is that I doubt that you actually changed your type in that fashion. If my understanding of MBTI is correct, and/or if the basic assumptions of MBTI are correct, then I think that it would take a long period of time of completely refocusing how you experience the world and how you make decisions in order to change type. That's assuming that it's even possible, which I'm not sure about at all.

I suppose it would be unfair to just throw that out there without offering an alternative explanation for what might have unfolded in your scenario. Being an extrovert does not automatically mean that you're sociable. You may enjoy people and things more than dealing with ideas and concepts in your own internal world, but anxiety, shyness, or other circumstances might keep you from interacting with others. Perhaps you just managed to deal with whatever circumstance was holding you back.

Another alternative is that you're still introverted, but discovered how to better make use of your extroverted functions. Many introverts have decently well developed extroverted functions. As an example, I have gone through several periods in my life where I've gone out and partied for the entire weekend most weeks of the year. People thought I was a blast. The truth is, I hated it - it took me a while to realize that going out so much was actually a large factor in some ongoing depression I was having. I -NEED- most of my time to be alone. It was a great revelation.
__________________
Glordag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th-October-2010, 05:59 AM   Anthile's time 16th-October-2010, 07:00 AM    #6
Anthile
Nothing but contempt
 
Anthile's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,014
windows_98_nt_2000firefox
Default Re: INTP to ENFP. The transformation

It almost pains me to say this but from any neoroscientific, this doesn't make any sense. Changing your type is about as likely as a guy spontaneously becoming a woman. It just doesn't happen unless someone fiddles massively with your body. So either you're an INTP deluding himself into thinking he's an ENFP, vice versa or something completely different. Tests, especially online, mean less than nothing.
__________________
"Good evening, gentlemen! Please pay attention. I am a reformed vampire, which is to say, I am a bundle of suppressed instincts held together with spit and coffee. It would be wrong to say that violent, tearing carnage does not come easily to me. It's not tearing your throats out that doesn't come easily to me. Please don't make it any harder."

~Maladict, Monstrous Regiment
Anthile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th-October-2010, 08:39 AM   echoplex's time 16th-October-2010, 03:39 AM    #7
echoplex
Happen.
 
echoplex's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: From a dangerously safe distance
Posts: 1,614
windows_xp_2003opera
Default Re: INTP to ENFP. The transformation

I think that when people say their type has changed, they're not actually claiming their brain has undergone some impossible/highly unlikely change, they're just using typology terminology for descriptive purposes, which is incorrect, but does potentially help to explain how their behavior has changed (since typical type descriptions are pretty well-known around here).

For instance, INTP --> ENFP here doesn't actually mean they've changed in any essential way, it just means their behavior now matches the ENFP descriptions and no longer those of INTP. It describes a change in behavior, nothing more.

Of course, describing personal development this way confuses people who are under the interpretation of type describing an unchanging phenomenon. Basically, type means something quite different to the OP than it means to most of us. He/she might as well be talking about a completely different system, because their evaluative approach is entirely different, even though it uses the same terminology.
__________________
small.
echoplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th-October-2010, 08:47 AM   Words's time 16th-October-2010, 08:47 AM    #8
Words
Only 1 1-F.
 
Words's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Order
Posts: 3,207
macossafari
Default Re: INTP to ENFP. The transformation

Quote:
Originally Posted by echoplex View Post
I think that when people say their type has changed, they're not actually claiming their brain has undergone some impossible/highly unlikely change, they're just using typology terminology for descriptive purposes, which is incorrect, but does potentially help to explain how their behavior has changed (since typical type descriptions are pretty well-known around here).
I agree and I think this sort of understanding must always be paired with this type of situation. This, instead of simply brutalizing on the irrelevant 'relevancy' of the detail. Lessen the judgmental approach where it should.
__________________
"CKSP + YTF + 'e'-continuous" does not work. E-continuous is difficult to ignite and get the engine running. It's possible but very difficult to ignite.
Words is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th-October-2010, 09:50 PM   preilemus's time 16th-October-2010, 04:50 PM    #9
preilemus
 

Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 818
macossafari
Icon12 Re: INTP to ENFP. The transformation

What you are describing sounds very similar to cycles I have gone through as well. My guess is that over time you'll go back to the way you think of yourself normally. Personality & behaviour are not the same thing.

As for your current self, if I could go by my own behaviour as an indicator, you're acting like this because it's easier to forget things this way. The whole incident you described is still probably incredibly painful for you to think about, with all the self-guilt and everything else. I can't imagine brooding over it all is anything you would like to put yourself through right now. You'll cool off eventually though, once you're ready to deal with what happened.
preilemus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd-September-2011, 10:12 PM   stevie's time 3rd-September-2011, 10:13 PM    #10
stevie
Redshirt
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1
windows_xp_2003ie
Default Re: INTP to ENFP. The transformation

Well, for those that say it can't be done - there are at least two of us who have done it. I started my freshman year of college with a MBI showing me as INTP. Once reading the breakdown I totally agreed that it was absolutely ME, as I had been up through that time. Beginning of my sophomore year I met a really fun, outgoing girl who lived down the hall and we switched roommates so we could room together. We were roomies until we graduated. We both ended up as psychology majors so at some point our Jr or Sr. years we had to retake, administer, and interpret MBIs during one of our courses. Imagine my amazement when my answers that time around ended up placing me in the ENFP category, but again, I completely agreed with the assessment. Why the change? Because my social butterfly friend had helped boost my confidence, make me braver and more outgoing, and we had both joined various committees along the way during which I discovered I had natural leadership abilities and really loved the limelight. VOILA - not so instant extrovert (took at least 2 years, but I definitely "changed").

What helps with going from one extreme to the other is that you can see both sides of the coin later on. In arguments you tend to "get" both sides and the reasons for why people do things or say things differently. In finding solutions to problems you can more easily weigh all the pros and cons and troubleshoot potential issues.

At times I have drifted back to introvert occasionally, but extrovert always wins out in the end. I have uprooted myself from a place I lived for 38 years and moved to a different state, made all sorts of new friends, started a meetup group for people who enjoy going out on weekends, and frequently speak to random strangers in stores, shops and restaurants for no reason other than being polite. The "original" me never would have done any of that. And even though I was an introvert type - I still had lots and lots of friends my entire life and was still a "leader" with regards to friends and teaching, but on many, many occasions I was always told - you're so quiet and shy, you should smile/talk/laugh more.

Now, I laugh a lot, smile often and you can hardly get me to shut up! But I am also much more aware of my friends and family's feelings than I used to be. I used to never even notice other people's feelings, didn't express my own, and was, to be quite frank, rather close to a "borderline" personality disorder. Luckily thanks to my outgoing college roomie who was big on delving into "why" people feel this, think that, etc. I also became less of a thinker and more of a feeler, which has served me well in my adulthood.

I think I've got the best mix of all since it's all still mishmashed up in there together.
stevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd-September-2011, 10:40 PM   Dimensional Transition's time 3rd-September-2011, 11:40 PM    #11
Dimensional Transition
Bill Cosbor, conqueror of universes
 
Dimensional Transition's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: the Netherlands
Posts: 1,165
macossafari
Default Re: INTP to ENFP. The transformation

ITT:

INTPs being happy (and thus more confident and aware of others) for the first time since a long time and thinking they've turned into extroverted feelers now.
Dimensional Transition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th-September-2011, 12:02 AM   blarg's time 3rd-September-2011, 07:02 PM    #12
blarg
Muhahahaha. Ha. Ha.
 
blarg's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Right behind you
Posts: 99
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: INTP to ENFP. The transformation

Agree with DT. The OP is probably an INTP whose 4th function started kicking in.
blarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th-September-2011, 01:12 AM   kibou's time 3rd-September-2011, 08:12 PM    #13
kibou
Member
 
kibou's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 93
windows_vistasafari
Default Re: INTP to ENFP. The transformation

& this is why we need a forensic, physiologically observable method of reading people's innate configuration so it's not confused with people's various development during the course of life. ;D

http://intpforum.com/showthread.php?t=10971
kibou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th-September-2011, 01:24 AM   alrai's time 4th-September-2011, 01:24 AM    #14
alrai
Banned
 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Leicester
Posts: 124
windows_vistasafari
Default Re: INTP to ENFP. The transformation

*claps*
typical intuition leaping to conclusions, plus we'll just throw one idea there, another at over there.VOILA. "behold! A masterpiece". No its disastrous compilation of paranoid "guesses". so i would advice you not build on them.
and leadership skills don't come natural, at least for INTP's, they were learnt through experiences, not theory, or my very very special friends.
alrai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th-September-2011, 01:42 AM   LabRat's time 3rd-September-2011, 07:42 PM    #15
LabRat
Redshirt
 
LabRat's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 15
windows_vistasafari
Default Re: INTP to ENFP. The transformation

A perfect INTP will have no problem "imitating" those they are around most. Our ability to perceive others actions and their reasoning behind them allow us to develop an infinite number of personalities to use in any given situation, that being said those of us who find the confidence to be outgoing and sociable tend to still need our down time to recuperate and put on the face so to speak. Anyway i have no problem believing someone could incorrectly think they've changed because they're answering the MBTI questions as the person they're imitating would.
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th-September-2011, 02:03 AM   alrai's time 4th-September-2011, 02:03 AM    #16
alrai
Banned
 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Leicester
Posts: 124
windows_vistasafari
Default Re: INTP to ENFP. The transformation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabRat View Post
A perfect INTP will have no problem "imitating" those they are around most. Our ability to perceive others actions and their reasoning behind them allow us to develop an infinite number of personalities to use in any given situation, that being said those of us who find the confidence to be outgoing and sociable tend to still need our down time to recuperate and put on the face so to speak. Anyway i have no problem believing someone could incorrectly think they've changed because they're answering the MBTI questions as the person they're imitating would.
Haha. Y-O-U A-R-E -A- C-L-O-W-N.
alrai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th-September-2011, 02:35 AM   LabRat's time 3rd-September-2011, 08:35 PM    #17
LabRat
Redshirt
 
LabRat's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 15
windows_vistasafari
Default Re: INTP to ENFP. The transformation

Then you get the joke? I was afraid i sounded too literal...
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th-September-2011, 02:42 AM   alrai's time 4th-September-2011, 02:42 AM    #18
alrai
Banned
 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Leicester
Posts: 124
windows_vistasafari
Default Re: INTP to ENFP. The transformation

alrai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th-September-2011, 11:13 AM   pjoa09's time 4th-September-2011, 06:13 PM    #19
pjoa09
dopaminergic
 
pjoa09's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: th
Posts: 1,744
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: INTP to ENFP. The transformation

Not possible for that extent.

To go from INTP to ENFP your personality would have to be mutilated. I am talking about leg on head and a hand in ass mutilated. Like Ed Gein stuff.

The furthest I could see is ISTP and ENTP as possible transformations.
__________________
"I believe, whatever doesn't kill you, simply makes you stranger." -The Joker

"It'd be easier to just drink yourself into depression. Aspirations are way too much effort." -redbaron
pjoa09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th-September-2011, 11:24 AM   Artsu Tharaz's time 4th-September-2011, 09:24 PM    #20
Artsu Tharaz
easily entertained
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: /~\
Posts: 1,187
windows_vistafirefox
Default Re: INTP to ENFP. The transformation

Imagine if you supressed your Ti: you would have no clear judgement process, so you would learn to use perception on its own, which means Ne becomes dominant (not strictly true: Ni could become dominant too), and if you keep supressing Ti then Fi will become auxiliary.
__________________
kick it old school

Artsu Tharaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th-September-2011, 01:06 PM   pjoa09's time 4th-September-2011, 08:06 PM    #21
pjoa09
dopaminergic
 
pjoa09's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: th
Posts: 1,744
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: INTP to ENFP. The transformation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artsu Tharaz View Post
Imagine if you supressed your Ti: you would have no clear judgement process, so you would learn to use perception on its own, which means Ne becomes dominant (not strictly true: Ni could become dominant too), and if you keep supressing Ti then Fi will become auxiliary.
Wouldn't that mean he would 'aspire' for extroverted/extraverted (which one is it? extroverted is the correct word but every damned MBTI site seems to use the spelling : 'extraverted' and the wikisocions are the only guys using 'extroverted' which is the correct spelling) thinking?

I think Te is a long shot in any form. I can't see myself imposing ideas or schedules on others in any form. ENFPs are no exception to this. They need you to believe what they believe in even if they believe that God is a sexually promiscuous slut who craves for her children's reproductive fluids.

Maybe I encountered extreme ENFPs but from where I am standing I'd think an INTP would always notice emergency exits and blunt objects whenever an ENFP is around.
__________________
"I believe, whatever doesn't kill you, simply makes you stranger." -The Joker

"It'd be easier to just drink yourself into depression. Aspirations are way too much effort." -redbaron
pjoa09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th-September-2011, 01:14 PM   Artsu Tharaz's time 4th-September-2011, 11:14 PM    #22
Artsu Tharaz
easily entertained
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: /~\
Posts: 1,187
windows_vistafirefox
Default Re: INTP to ENFP. The transformation

INTP and ENFP are about what world of data you deal with. You have a natural configuration which means some data sets are inherently better to deal with others, but that doesn't mean you're necessarily going to be dealing with that data.

Functions are habits. Your mojo determines the set which best resonates with you.
__________________
kick it old school

Artsu Tharaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th-September-2011, 01:31 PM   pjoa09's time 4th-September-2011, 08:31 PM    #23
pjoa09
dopaminergic
 
pjoa09's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: th
Posts: 1,744
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: INTP to ENFP. The transformation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artsu Tharaz View Post
INTP and ENFP are about what world of data you deal with. You have a natural configuration which means some data sets are inherently better to deal with others, but that doesn't mean you're necessarily going to be dealing with that data.

Functions are habits. Your mojo determines the set which best resonates with you.
So.. in the case he encounters that INTP data set won't he depress the supressed? I have to say... side note.. Te would be very helpful.

Have you gone over to the Dark Side? haha Pod'lair. No but really it is intriguing. Seems very 'hybrid-ish' at the moment.

In personal view, habits is what makes a person. That gradual molding into someone who grows astray of things that caused discomfort and grew fond of those that didn't.
__________________
"I believe, whatever doesn't kill you, simply makes you stranger." -The Joker

"It'd be easier to just drink yourself into depression. Aspirations are way too much effort." -redbaron
pjoa09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th-September-2011, 06:38 PM   SkyWalker's time 4th-September-2011, 07:38 PM    #24
SkyWalker
observing y'all from my UFO. inevitably coming down & joining y'all for mundane stuff... when out of fuel...
 
SkyWalker's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 986
windows_98_nt_2000ie
Default Re: INTP to ENFP. The transformation

He is/was probably not INTP and/or not ENFP. I can simulate any type, that doesnt mean i AM that type.

To change your function preference you have to burn everything you have, physically, mentally and bonding-wise.
You have to go through hellish pain, crash and burn and experience death. Only then can you rise again in a new form. The phoenix rises from the ashes. But you have to be ready to destroy and leave everything. like the story of sodom and gomorrah, if you look back to your old ways, you get pulled in again.

Probably only 0-3 people of the entire human race ever managed to pull that off Maybe buddha and some secret kundalini yoga master chief
SkyWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th-September-2011, 03:19 AM   Logic's time 5th-September-2011, 07:19 PM    #25
Logic
Banned
 

Join Date: May 2010
Location: New Westminster, Canada
Posts: 174
linuxfirefox
Default Re: INTP to ENFP. The transformation

Sky, no one has ever been able to do it and no on ever will. You claiming that you can simulate any type actually sounds like what an INFJ can do. Have you tried and played around with that idea yet?

To the OP, you didn't change your type from being an INTP to an ENFP you merely grew to becomming a more actualized type, whatever that may be. There's nothing to say what type you are anyways so technically it isn't even correct for anyone to identify you as an INTP or ENFP in the first place. If you want to actually know for certain than you'll have to create a 10 min video under proper lighting conditions and submit it to Pod'lair.
Logic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th-September-2011, 03:26 AM   Masterlord's time 5th-September-2011, 10:26 PM    #26
Masterlord
Banned
 

Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 89
macossafari
Default Re: INTP to ENFP. The transformation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logic View Post
Sky, no one has ever been able to do it and no on ever will. You claiming that you can simulate any type actually sounds like what an INFJ can do. Have you tried to play around with that idea a bit? Your avatar also looks really guruish as well which only makes makes me think even more so that you probably are an INFJ.

To the OP, you didn't change your type from being an INTP to an ENFP you merely grew to becomming a more actualized type, whatever that may be. There's nothing to say what type you are anyways so technically it isn't even correct for anyone to identify you as an INTP or ENFP in the first place. If you want to actually know for certain than you'll have to create a 10 min video under proper lighting conditions and submit it to Pod'lair.
Only INFJs have the power to simulate any type? lol.
Masterlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th-September-2011, 03:32 AM   Artsu Tharaz's time 6th-September-2011, 01:32 PM    #27
Artsu Tharaz
easily entertained
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: /~\
Posts: 1,187
windows_vistafirefox
Default Re: INTP to ENFP. The transformation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logic View Post
Sky, no one has ever been able to do it and no on ever will. You claiming that you can simulate any type actually sounds like what an INFJ can do. Have you tried to play around with that idea a bit? Your avatar also looks really guruish as well which only makes makes me think even more so that you proabably are an INFJ. Because you're teaching everybody the wrong kind of information would further tell me that you are probably a False Guru INFJ. Not to be offensive, but just telling you what I think is going on with you.

To the OP, you didn't change your type from being an INTP to an ENFP you merely grew to becomming a more actualized type, whatever that may be. There's nothing to say what type you are anyways so technically it isn't even correct for anyone to identify you as an INTP or ENFP in the first place. If you want to actually know for certain than you'll have to create a 10 min video under proper lighting conditions and submit it to Pod'lair.
Hahahahahahah I freaking love Pod'lair.

SkyWalker is a False Guru Nai'Xyy. He is feeding you toxic lies, we offer you growth. Come now, my child, the gates await you. We cannot interfere with Coach. He is at the creative peak of his life, the age where the greatest revolutions have been spawned, and he is of the same configuration as the greatest revolutionaries, and was raised under them also. He is an anomaly, that outlier in the population whose understanding has risen to a level far above any other, to which not even Nietzsche could meet (though he could predict its coming). And through this wondrous creation, you can see as his perfected ideas come flowing out from him, and the truly miraculous impact they have on those around. Join now or you will miss the boat altogether when the floods come to cleanse the earth. And when finally the Nai'Xyy tribe unleashes its fire upon the world, at a time where the whole world seemed to be about to end, they created a new world - the next stage of human evolution, one step closer to perfection.
__________________
kick it old school

Artsu Tharaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th-September-2011, 03:36 AM   Logic's time 5th-September-2011, 07:36 PM    #28
Logic
Banned
 

Join Date: May 2010
Location: New Westminster, Canada
Posts: 174
linuxfirefox
Arrow Re: INTP to ENFP. The transformation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterlord View Post
Only INFJs have the power to simulate any type? lol.
Actually yes. The combination of Nai and Xyy create exactly the sort of mind needed for imaginary friends and mental imaging which all goes under simulating. I'm not saying that it isn't possible for other Mojos to do as well but the Nai'xyy is especially equipped to do this sort of thing.

Both Vai and Nai are the simulators in the psyche. The higher you have these up in your hierarchy the more easier it is to do. The special position of having Nai as the source in combination with Xyy as the tandem gives the person the awareness needed for people. Since personality types are a factor of that it makes perfect sense that Sky is capable of simulating these types and how they would act and behave and its all based in the future too.
Logic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th-September-2011, 03:41 AM   Masterlord's time 5th-September-2011, 10:41 PM    #29
Masterlord
Banned
 

Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 89
macossafari
Default Re: INTP to ENFP. The transformation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logic View Post
Actually yes. The combination of Nai and Xyy create exactly the sort of mind needed for imaginary friends and mental imaging which all goes under simulating. I'm not saying that it isn't possible for other Mojos to do as well but the Nai'xyy is especially equipped to do this sort of thing.

Both Vai and Nai are the simulators in the psyche. The higher you have these up in your hierarchy the more easier it is to do. The special position of having Nai as the source in combination with Xyy as the tandem gives the person the awareness needed for people. Since personality types are a factor of that it makes perfect sense that Sky is capable of simulating these types and how they would act and behave and its all based in the future too.
Have you had imaginary friends?
Masterlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th-September-2011, 03:46 AM   Masterlord's time 5th-September-2011, 10:47 PM    #30
Masterlord
Banned
 

Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 89
macossafari
Default Re: INTP to ENFP. The transformation

I don't understand. Are there different levels in nai (Like Supersaiyan 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 SSJ etc?)

So, with this premise in my mind...then your leader Thomas (who has had imaginary friends) is probably an Ascended Nai'Xyy mojo?

I'm wondering because I was typed Nai'Xyy...but I've never had imaginary friends, but my Xai'Nyy friend who was typed has had imaginary friends all her life. Just my two cents.
Masterlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th-September-2011, 03:54 AM   Logic's time 5th-September-2011, 07:54 PM    #31
Logic
Banned
 

Join Date: May 2010
Location: New Westminster, Canada
Posts: 174
linuxfirefox
Default Re: INTP to ENFP. The transformation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterlord View Post
Have you had imaginary friends?
Sure, but mine are typically of people who I already know. So I can completely absorb the personality of someone and I can then play that personality out in real time and have a conversation with them. It's pretty cool actually, My Nai gives me the ability to also see how the other person would react to what I say or don't say, do or don't do. Nai alpha's are quite weird, especially the Nai'xyy. I can also have conversations out loud as though I'm talking to someone right in front of me. This is all an ability that the Nai simulator provides. I really like to do impersonations too and creating personalities from just a accent.

Here check out the video below to get the sort of idea that I'm talking about.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterlord View Post
I don't understand. Are there different levels in nai (Like Supersaiyan 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 SSJ etc?)

So, with this premise in my mind...then your leader Thomas (who has had imaginary friends) is probably an Ascended Nai'Xyy mojo?

I'm wondering because I was typed Nai'Xyy...but I've never had imaginary friends, but my Xai'Nyy friend who was typed has had imaginary friends all her life. Just my two cents.
There sort of is, but it isn't just attributed to just Nai, all powers are capable of being developed more and more to an infinity. There's certain principles about the all of the Powers that can be developed but also can be avoided, it depends on the individual and if they want to develop that aspect of their Power.

(You were read as a Nai'xyy not typed. Yes, there is a difference in definition)

Nai'xyy can have imaginary friends but they don't necessarily have to. The Nai'xyy can make an idea come to life in there own mind, something that no one would ever think to personify. Carl Sagan is just such an example with how he refers to "The Cosmos."
Logic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th-September-2011, 04:13 AM   Artsu Tharaz's time 6th-September-2011, 02:13 PM    #32
Artsu Tharaz
easily entertained
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: /~\
Posts: 1,187
windows_vistafirefox
Default Re: INTP to ENFP. The transformation

Nai'Xyy probably know that everyone thinks imaginary friends are silly, and they can't help but believe it too.

Btw what's the difference between read and Typed?

Is it that read implies giving off the signals, so if this was wrong, it just means you were giving off the wrong signals, whereas Typing doesn't have such a fallback?
__________________
kick it old school

Artsu Tharaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th-September-2011, 04:44 AM   kibou's time 5th-September-2011, 11:44 PM    #33
kibou
Member
 
kibou's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 93
windows_vistasafari
Default Re: INTP to ENFP. The transformation

@Logic it is worth noting that other mojos are able to act characters, though the methods are different. Nai over Xyy in particular has the quality of becoming a character, especially to an extent that it's done 24/7 and that often Nai'xyys that don't introspect into their Nai&Xyy are not self-aware of doing this (also Nai'xyys that have only been part of one culture).

Nyy'xai have a similarly cagey quality as Nai'xyy, although the gamestyle is different. Pretty much all of the Romantics (among a handful of other mojos, including the other Nai alpha, the Nai'zyy) are prominent in acting, so there are different ways that one acts, but the N'xez (the Nai'xyy and Nyy'xai) often fall victim to thinking the "character" they're playing is their real self and find self-identity quite confusing.
kibou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th-September-2011, 04:46 AM   Logic's time 5th-September-2011, 08:46 PM    #34
Logic
Banned
 

Join Date: May 2010
Location: New Westminster, Canada
Posts: 174
linuxfirefox
Default Re: INTP to ENFP. The transformation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artsu Tharaz View Post
Nai'Xyy probably know that everyone thinks imaginary friends are silly, and they can't help but believe it too.

Btw what's the difference between read and Typed?

Is it that read implies giving off the signals, so if this was wrong, it just means you were giving off the wrong signals, whereas Typing doesn't have such a fallback?
It's spelled Nai'xyy, notice the 'x' in xyy isn't capitalized because it shows that it's the tandem more clearly. It's also why when Mojos are written like this //(:+, :+:(//) with the tandem put in brackets.

Nai'xyy are very secretive because society as a whole doesn't like the Nai power for what it is. Talking about imaginary friends shouldn't be considered weird like it is today. It should be seen as nothing more than normal.

I thought I explained the difference between Mojo Reading and Personality Typing Artsu. I suppose I'll do it again.

Mojo Reading implies noting the cues manifesting and noticing the way they are coming off the person and then coming to understand that they are a certain Mojo. It isn't that the person is giving off the wrong signals, that isn't possible. A Nai'xyy for example cannot help but give off the distinct signals that only they have. No matter how hard I try I could never mask that I'm a Nai'xyy. My Xyy is definitely higher than my Zai and it shows even when I'm modulating because my face has to drop to become less animated rather than Adymus whose face has to rise to become more animated. The natural position for my face is to be more expressive and Adymus's face is most natural being at Zen.

Personality Typing has to do with putting someone into a particular category that isn't defined or is defined but isn't exact. A personality type is like a suit that you can put on or take off. I can wear a police uniform but take it off and put on a doctors lab coat or a lawyers. You can slip into anything and be anything you want to. That's exactly what I mean by when I refer to a personality as nothing more than just a motif of ideas.

A persons Mojo isn't something they could change like they could they're personality. It would be like changing genes.

@Kibou

Thanks for sharing.
Logic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th-September-2011, 04:58 AM   Artsu Tharaz's time 6th-September-2011, 02:58 PM    #35
Artsu Tharaz
easily entertained
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: /~\
Posts: 1,187
windows_vistafirefox
Default Re: INTP to ENFP. The transformation

You subtly used the assumption that a discipline is to be defined only by the material which has thus far made it up, rather than the essence of what it is trying to do. Being accurate doesn't make it not Typing.
__________________
kick it old school

Artsu Tharaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th-September-2011, 08:55 AM   Logic's time 6th-September-2011, 12:56 AM    #36
Logic
Banned
 

Join Date: May 2010
Location: New Westminster, Canada
Posts: 174
linuxfirefox
Default Re: INTP to ENFP. The transformation

Maybe I can answer your question from approaching it differently Artsu.

To Type: With typing you get just enough information about the person and then that's it, your done, it's ended. You're basically labelling someone. You either are this type or you aren't. That's the sort of mindset of how typing works. A type is a simplified box and is approached in a very binary sort of way.

To Read:
When reading someone you're constantly seeing the same person from a different perspective which allows for new ideas to come out. Reading is organic, an ongoing process, and artistic as well. Once you've read someone as a Nai'xyy it isn't the end because you don't know what type of Nai'xyy they are or what type of game-style they're playing. When you read a book there are all sorts of things that strike you from just the first glance and there will continue to be more things that grab your attention the more times you read through the same book. The same could be said with a movie as well.
Logic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th-September-2011, 08:59 AM   Artsu Tharaz's time 6th-September-2011, 06:59 PM    #37
Artsu Tharaz
easily entertained
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: /~\
Posts: 1,187
windows_vistafirefox
Default Re: INTP to ENFP. The transformation

Sounds to me like it's still Typing, i.e. putting them in the box for their mojo, but then going more in depth with individual development. Still starts with Typing.
__________________
kick it old school

Artsu Tharaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th-September-2011, 11:38 AM   Logic's time 6th-September-2011, 03:38 AM    #38
Logic
Banned
 

Join Date: May 2010
Location: New Westminster, Canada
Posts: 174
linuxfirefox
Arrow Re: INTP to ENFP. The transformation

To Type is to identify, that's it.

To Read is to Identify and interpret strings of symbols, expressed over time, forming a language, in order to derive meaning.

"Brushes off shoulders"
Logic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th-September-2011, 12:10 PM   Artsu Tharaz's time 6th-September-2011, 10:10 PM    #39
Artsu Tharaz
easily entertained
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: /~\
Posts: 1,187
windows_vistafirefox
Default Re: INTP to ENFP. The transformation

It still sounds to me like that is Typing. =|
__________________
kick it old school

Artsu Tharaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th-September-2011, 01:01 PM   pjoa09's time 6th-September-2011, 08:01 PM    #40
pjoa09
dopaminergic
 
pjoa09's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: th
Posts: 1,744
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: INTP to ENFP. The transformation

When you read shit goes awry.

When you type you stick to the stereotype.

I prefer typing.

Because I am still reading myself. Every hint of another letter I am gnawing on it and seeing what can seep into my INTP.
It's annoying.
I was fed INTP.
I question INTP.
I then I read all the descriptions and get frustrated because sometimes they are quite close.
__________________
"I believe, whatever doesn't kill you, simply makes you stranger." -The Joker

"It'd be easier to just drink yourself into depression. Aspirations are way too much effort." -redbaron
pjoa09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th-September-2011, 02:25 PM   ₲uardian's time 6th-September-2011, 09:25 AM    #41
₲uardian
Eccentric Stranger
 
₲uardian's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 93
macosfirefox
Default Re: INTP to ENFP. The transformation

Another "I don't wanna be an INTP" thread.
__________________
And he will save us now
And he will take us
underground
Where we'll never be bound by love
Or the nightmares above
₲uardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th-September-2011, 02:35 PM   thoumyvision's time 6th-September-2011, 08:36 AM    #42
thoumyvision
Mauveshirt
 
thoumyvision's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Posts: 256
windows_98_nt_2000firefox
Default Re: INTP to ENFP. The transformation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ₲uardian View Post
Another "I don't wanna be an INTP" thread.
And here I thought it turned into another "lets argue about Pod'lair thread".
__________________
"Etiquette is a set of rules people use so they can be rude to each other in public." -Patrick Rothfuss

"A straight line may be the shortest distance between two points, but it is by no means the most interesting." -The Doctor

"Reason is itself a matter of faith. It is an act of faith to assert that our thoughts have any relation to reality at all." -G.K. Chesterton
thoumyvision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th-September-2011, 06:41 PM   Logic's time 6th-September-2011, 10:41 AM    #43
Logic
Banned
 

Join Date: May 2010
Location: New Westminster, Canada
Posts: 174
linuxfirefox
Arrow Re: INTP to ENFP. The transformation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artsu Tharaz View Post
It still sounds to me like that is Typing. =|
Well Artsu, Reading is a much more specialized kind of typing that it doesn't deserve the title of just being typing because that wouldn't do it justice.

For Example: Take a look at the words Taping and Recording. You could say that taping is a form of recording but it wouldn't be accurate to just say that alone. Recording is a really generalized term that's used to encompass many different things and the word can be used in many different contexts as well. Taping however is a much more specialized term that's referring to a very specific kind of recording. You could say that you're recoding a dvd but you can't say your taping a dvd.

I want you to look at that definition of Typing and Reading again. You can see that there's much more to Reading than just identifying something and putting it into a category of defined criteria. With Reading you're on a continuously mission of deriving more and more from something. It's very investigative in that sense. You can observe and read the universe as well and still come to new vistas of understanding that unlock a new discovery. You can't get that with just Typing something. Reading implies a scientific quest to understand something more and more and it never ends. With Reading you can actually learn something that causes you to re-think the criteria that you use to define what a type is in the first place. Reading is a complete and organic process, where as Typing is just a flimsy decision.
Logic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th-September-2011, 06:55 PM   crippli's time 6th-September-2011, 07:55 PM    #44
crippli
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,258
windows_98_nt_2000firefox
Default Re: INTP to ENFP. The transformation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logic View Post
Personality Typing has to do with putting someone into a particular category that isn't defined or is defined but isn't exact. A personality type is like a suit that you can put on or take off. I can wear a police uniform but take it off and put on a doctors lab coat or a lawyers. You can slip into anything and be anything you want to. That's exactly what I mean by when I refer to a personality as nothing more than just a motif of ideas.

A persons Mojo isn't something they could change like they could they're personality. It would be like changing genes.
So it's analogous to dressing someone off in public, compared to just comment on their clothes?

It's also interesting to note that it doesn't bother people so much, as compared to physically dressing them off in public. You will still not get further then the skin. As to now you propose that you are able to really show other people how they are?
crippli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th-September-2011, 08:33 PM   SkyWalker's time 6th-September-2011, 09:33 PM    #45
SkyWalker
observing y'all from my UFO. inevitably coming down & joining y'all for mundane stuff... when out of fuel...
 
SkyWalker's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 986
windows_98_nt_2000ie
Default Re: INTP to ENFP. The transformation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logic View Post
Sky, no one has ever been able to do it and no on ever will. You claiming that you can simulate any type actually sounds like what an INFJ can do. Have you tried to play around with that idea a bit? Your avatar also looks really guruish as well which only makes makes me think even more so that you proabably are an INFJ. Because you're teaching everybody the wrong kind of information would further tell me that you are probably a False Guru INFJ. Not to be offensive, but just telling you what I think is going on with you.
Hmm haha, me INFJ? I dont think so... so I have already attained guru status in your eyes???

About changing type:
I said that maybe 0-3 people actually did it (buddha etc), which was a joke: it actually means that probably 0 people did it in reality. That was the pun intended.
So I have said the same as you repeated after me. I dont understand why you think I am against you when I actually say the same?
I have never opposed you personally, neither here or somewhere else. So why the opposition?

I detect that this ungrounded oppositional attitude of yours might block or color your "Logic", and thus can make others wary of your actual "Logic"?

I actually am and have always been open to podlair and all your ideas (which is currently exactly equal to podlair)...

I like you, but i dont like that you say "this is the truth and it is unquestionable". That is not logic, that is feeling (faith/belief, identity/belonging to a group).

There is nothing unquestionable. Everything is questionable, especially to Ti-guys.

You should not ever say you are 100% right, because there exists no map (nor will it ever exist) that can represent the territory for 100%.
SkyWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th-September-2011, 09:10 PM   EyeSeeCold's time 6th-September-2011, 01:10 PM    #46
EyeSeeCold
Snowblind
 
EyeSeeCold's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: California, USA
Posts: 6,768
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: INTP to ENFP. The transformation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logic View Post
Spoiler:
Well Artsu, Reading is a much more specialized kind of typing that it doesn't deserve the title of just being typing because that wouldn't do it justice.

For Example: Take a look at the words Taping and Recording. You could say that taping is a form of recording but it wouldn't be accurate to just say that alone. Recording is a really generalized term that's used to encompass many different things and the word can be used in many different contexts as well. Taping however is a much more specialized term that's referring to a very specific kind of recording. You could say that you're recoding a dvd but you can't say your taping a dvd.

I want you to look at that definition of Typing and Reading again. You can see that there's much more to Reading than just identifying something and putting it into a category of defined criteria. With Reading you're on a continuously mission of deriving more and more from something. It's very investigative in that sense. You can observe and read the universe as well and still come to new vistas of understanding that unlock a new discovery. You can't get that with just Typing something. Reading implies a scientific quest to understand something more and more and it never ends. With Reading you can actually learn something that causes you to re-think the criteria that you use to define what a type is in the first place. Reading is a complete and organic process, where as Typing is just a flimsy decision.
Why can't you guys just be honest about your work?

Reading and Typing are both done from initial assumptions of what it is to be something. To do any, you must first Observe. Mojo Reading is a Dynamic Observation. Typing is a (Dynamic &(but conclusively a))Static Observation. No problem, it's just Observation. But when you Interpret these Observations to mean something you're no different than other forms of typology in terms of methodology.
__________________
"It's a cold world out there... Sometimes I think I'm getting a little frosty myself..."

EyeSeeCold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th-September-2011, 06:00 AM   pjoa09's time 7th-September-2011, 01:00 PM    #47
pjoa09
dopaminergic
 
pjoa09's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: th
Posts: 1,744
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: INTP to ENFP. The transformation

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoumyvision View Post
And here I thought it turned into another "lets argue about Pod'lair thread".
He sees the bigger picture.
__________________
"I believe, whatever doesn't kill you, simply makes you stranger." -The Joker

"It'd be easier to just drink yourself into depression. Aspirations are way too much effort." -redbaron
pjoa09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th-September-2011, 06:40 AM   Artsu Tharaz's time 7th-September-2011, 04:41 PM    #48
Artsu Tharaz
easily entertained
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: /~\
Posts: 1,187
windows_vistafirefox
Default Re: INTP to ENFP. The transformation

@Logic

I never said anything that contradicts anything you are saying.

In your example you said taping is a form of recording.

I am saying that reading is a form of typing.

Why do you dispute something that doesn't go against what you are saying?

I feel that there is dishonesty for the sake of marking distance.
__________________
kick it old school

Artsu Tharaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th-September-2011, 11:41 PM   SkyWalker's time 8th-September-2011, 12:41 AM    #49
SkyWalker
observing y'all from my UFO. inevitably coming down & joining y'all for mundane stuff... when out of fuel...
 
SkyWalker's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 986
windows_98_nt_2000ie
Default Re: INTP to ENFP. The transformation

yes why are you podlair guys so oppositional, so spiteful, so angry, so defensive? we did not ask for that.
SkyWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th-September-2011, 02:12 AM   nanook's time 8th-September-2011, 03:12 AM    #50
nanook
a scream in a vortex
 
nanook's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: germany
Posts: 973
windows_98_nt_2000firefox
Default Re: INTP to ENFP. The transformation

i censor the more provocative version of this:

people perceive and learn differently according to their type. they will subsequently do "reading" in different ways. teaching them otherwise is impossible. you can only teach them to think of what they are doing as if they would be doing something that's different from what they actually do and to talk about it accordingly. not a good idea.

sure, we try to make people see something like we do. i do the same.

it just never works. which is why i don't believe in people, lol, but that was another thread.
nanook is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
young enfp, changed to entp, now intp sorenlaw Introductions Archive 29 5th-October-2012 02:46 PM
Former ENFP becomes INTP? hansvb Introductions Archive 13 18th-August-2012 06:32 PM
The longgg adventure for an ENFP to the INTP forum! (: Kaylene Introductions Archive 33 28th-December-2011 07:25 PM
New ENFP Philosophy- INTP Objectivity Needed Jchazard Old Philosophy & Faith Subforum Archive 9 24th-December-2010 02:27 AM
INTP turned ENFP Starfruit M.E. INTP Archive 8 10th-January-2010 12:04 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:19 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Template-Modifications by TMS



no new posts