• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Absence from the forum

Words

Only 1 1-F.
Local time
Today 5:17 AM
-->
This is not good...disappointment as a reason is very disappointing.

Deleted member 1424

Well I will be in Texas for the next week; probably without Internet access.

Farewell. :dontbelieve:

Infinite Regress

Local time
Today 4:17 PM
-->
Well fellow INTPs,
I have immensely enjoyed your discussions, have learnt alot and highly regard all members.

I wish you all the best for future endeavours :)
Take care.

JoeJoe

Knifed
Local time
Today 6:17 AM
-->
For the moment I'm back but it's well possible that I will disappear again without so much as a... what do you call it... wink of an eye?... whatever... without so much as anything. :p

bananaphallus

found out
Local time
-->
I've decided to leave the forum. It's been swell, success. Rod Stewart.

Love and happiness and tumescence,
bananaphallus

YouTube- Pampers Commercial - Forever Young

Edit: ...bit disappointed by the glaring paucity of consequent posts suffused to a satisfactory degree with effusive lament/sympathy, decided to come back. : )

Dormouse

Mean can be funny
Local time
-->
Dammit, why do people keep leaving...

In any case, you'll be missed and stuff. Your posts were of interest.

Fare thee well.

Hawkeye

Banned
Local time
-->
I will be gone for *insert length of time here*.

I'm constantly in a state of flux and have been for quite a while now. I have procrastinated far too long. I've got to the point where I am now angry that I get nothing done and so I'm throwing a spanner into the works.

Since I currently lack self control in time management, I am disconnecting myself from this forum until I fix it. I am always glancing these forums when I have more important work I have to do.

I will return one day and so I will leave with an apt Japanese phrase.

じゃまたね

;)

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
Today 1:17 AM
-->
Will miss you Hawkeye. I've been busy forced to do taxes. Hate it. It's a job for xSxx's. So peek in every once in a while. I may have some issues of interest.

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
-->
I've been busy forced to do taxes. Hate it. It's a job for xSxx's.

Words,

xSxx's shouldn't take it personally because I'm not sure. What I'm supposing is that taxes are about very specific things. One-by-one-by-one unrelated taxable issues had to be addressed. I'm fond of thinking and intuition and I'm stopped cold by their tax rules. Tax rules are meant to be followed not inquired into. Isn't the specific nature of things "S" territory?

I was having fun on this forum intuiting about a lot of things. I can juggle many things at once as long as any one doesn't seduce me. Gradually taxes forced me to abandon posting and other things and I lost involvement.

I will let you be the judge if this is a good or bad happening. I suppose I'm partly guilty of what you said.

Words

Only 1 1-F.
Local time
-->
Can "Intuitors" be interested in details for what they are?

Can "Sensors" be interested in ideas for what they are?

Is information preference really that strict? Is there a distinct separation? Or are there levels?

--

The idea of seclusion is what hit me...

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
-->
Can "Intuitors" be interested in details for what they are?

Can "Sensors" be interested in ideas for what they are?

Is information preference really that strict? Is there a distinct separation? Or are there levels?

--

The idea of seclusion is what hit me...

Well phrased Qs. "Can "Intuitors" be interested in details for what they are?"
What world are we in? Is what goes on in this INTP forum details for intuitors? After all there are a lot more temperaments and more outside of that. That can't be a good answer if this is a world of its own once one is in that world. For INTPs, Si is the tertiary function. Seems to me an INTP would find it hard to be interested in a sensory detail without trying to broaden out on what it means going to their higher functions. I would need more sensory examples to explore this and right now can't think of any. I plead poverty of ideas here.

"Can "Sensors" be interested in ideas for what they are?"
I have no idea why I think of wine tasting. An Se might think about where a certain taste comes from. An Si might wonder about the chemistry. Does this rise to the level of "idea"? Does it connect to anything else?

"Is information preference really that strict? Is there a distinct separation? Or are there levels?"
Levels or gradations?

Let's take some xSxx people from my notes: Barbra Streisand, Marilyn Monroe, Woody Harrelson, Tom Cruise, Clint Eastwood, Bruce Willis, Lyndon Johnson, George Bush, Bill Clinton, Dr. McCoy (Star Trek).
These are all S's. Are they interested in ideas or immediate situations? I'd guess far more the latter.

Now I don't know how to classify ideas. Are they thinking or intuition?
All those with sensory as their dominant function have intuition as their inferior one. Doesn't mean some can't cultivate their inferior function.

Words

Only 1 1-F.
Local time
-->
Well phrased Qs. "Can "Intuitors" be interested in details for what they are?" What world are we in?
I have to admit, I can almost never relate to your line of thinking...

Is what goes on in this INTP forum details for intuitors?
Are you trying to identify those two types of information? I wonder if they can really be divided into two. What about nonsense? Are those details or ideas?

That can't be a good answer if this is a world of its own once one is in that world.
...?

For INTPs, Si is the tertiary function. Seems to me an INTP would find it hard to be interested in a sensory detail without trying to broaden out on what it means going to their higher functions.
Have you ever been directly interested in detail? Perhaps a hobby or something?

"Can "Sensors" be interested in ideas for what they are?"
I have no idea why I think of wine tasting. An Se might think about where a certain taste comes from. An Si might wonder about the chemistry. Does this rise to the level of "idea"? Does it connect to anything else?
I still find this division of information quite confusing...

"Is information preference really that strict? Is there a distinct separation? Or are there levels?"
Levels or gradations?
Is there a difference?

Think of it as, who's the most sensory intuitive(or intuitive sensor) person you know?

All those with sensory as their dominant function have intuition as their inferior one. Doesn't mean some can't cultivate their inferior function.

I don't agree with the hierarchy determining people's level of "like" with the different methods.

Anthile

Steel marks flesh
Local time
-->
Wrong thread, guys.

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
-->
I have to admit, I can almost never relate to your line of thinking...
I think I've been talking to my head instead of to you. Can you either tell me something about you or point to a message of yours which already does? Then I might be able to better talk to you instead of so abstractly. Or would you rather avoid that? :D

Are you trying to identify those two types of information? I wonder if they can really be divided into two. What about nonsense? Are those details or ideas?
Give me an example of nonsense. Freud said all things have meaning (paraphrase).

When one selects a world, that is a specific world. Once one is inside that world, one can go anywhere. That is non-specific.

Have you ever been directly interested in detail? Perhaps a hobby or something?
As a juvenile I used to collect stamps. I never was interested in their stories, but rather in accumulating sets. What was missing, what their value was, whether I could afford to buy to complete a set, the difference of possible colors, whether I had enough duplicates to trade. I did look at details to identify what the stamp was. But that was a subordinate interest. I guess there was some detail in that hobby.

If I'm after a general idea and it is blocked by details that fail to service that idea, I will stubbornly go after the missing details. The details may be specific, but that's an accident of the general situation.

I still find this division of information quite confusing...
Me too so far. I believe someone wrote on this forum, "sensors are concrete; intuitives are abstract." That is a pretty clean distinction. What is hard is to identify.

Is there a difference?
I define gradation as variation on a fixed level. I define level as higher than a part and lower when it is a part of something.

Think of it as, who's the most sensory intuitive(or intuitive sensor) person you know?
I don't know if I know anyone. Let's ask Adymus is he knows.

How about a sport's coach? They could be intuitive in their choices but all the choices would be about sensory specific things. Or someone skilled at talking about wine tasting to the public.

I don't agree with the hierarchy determining people's level of "like" with the different methods.[/QUOTE]
What did you just say?:confused:

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
-->
Can you guide us right? People tend to stray.

Tyria

Ryuusa bakuryuu
Local time
-->
I'll be gone for some time. See everyone around.

cheese

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 4:17 PM
-->
Be sure to come back!

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
-->
Be sure to come back!
Once you've gone, feel free to come back but only when you decide to return where your arrival will be anticipated.

Cavallier

Oh damn.
Local time
Yesterday 10:17 PM
-->
I'm feeling ill. I think I might duck out for a while.

Causeless

Local time
-->
Yeah.... Too ashamed to show my face for awhile.

Kuu

>>Loading
Local time
Yesterday 11:17 PM
-->
The next few days will be pretty hectic for me and then there is airplanes and hotels and finally settling down on a new permanent place... So my internet connection and therefore my forum / irc presence will be sporadic and severely limited.

Hopefully it won't last more than a week.

Still once it is all set I'll now be on a different time zone, from my current GMT -5 to GMT +2 so I'll be able to nag different people in IRC without having to stay up all night. :^^:

Fukyo

blurb blurb
Local time
-->
Still once it is all set I'll now be on a different time zone, from my current GMT -5 to GMT +2 so I'll be able to nag different people in IRC without having to stay up all night. :^^:

So where are you now in my timezone? :p

Kuu

>>Loading
Local time
-->
So where are you now in my timezone? :p

If I told you how will I be able to sneak inside your basement in the middle of the day and snuggle you with my sticky tentacles while you are sleeping?

I thought I had told you it would be a surprise! Don't be so impatient, my loathsome mistress... bad things only happen to those who wait.

Sparrow

Banned
Local time
-->
I'm leaving. Thanks for putting up with me. I'll soar like a sparrow. Let it be known that the sparrows are flying again!

Oh, well...you know what, I've decided to stop hating the world and people...it is what it is and I can't really change much for others, so I'm going to start thinking about myself! Woot! I wish I was in some kind of jungle right now, swimming near a waterfall...waking to the sound of monkeys playing tag...all alone with some animals or something...damn...life really is long...anyways, I made a trip today and I buried some stuff that was once treasured by me...yeah...I'm burying the past. INTPf is part of this past.

Oh, I don't think I've made any friends, so all you neutral people...thanks for not hurting my feelings :mad:

Aphasia

Local time
Today 1:17 PM
-->
*Slightly anxious* Well, I'm back. A whole bunch of things happened so I haven't come here for a while, and I won't be around as much as I was, but still, it's kinda exciting to return :)

FusionKnight

It's not my fault!
Local time
Today 12:17 AM
-->
So, I'm a little bit back... Lol. I just popped back after a long hiatus because I was thinking of all of you, and realizing what a crappy friend I am. I just hope as a bunch of INTPs you understand my situation... :slashnew:

Not much is new with me, except that I'm now unemployed, trying the house-husband thing for awhile. Thinking about going back to school for architecture now that I don't have any more excuses. Tired of shoveling snow, tired after Christmas, and generally suffering from low self-esteem (INTP???).

Just started shaving with a straight razor.

How have you all been?

Auburn

Luftschloss Schöpfer
Local time
-->
Dear Internetz,

It's finally my turn to leave also. I've watched as many friends here have faded away - and wonder why I don't. Lingering hopes, I guess. The possibility they'll orbit back here someday, or the chance that an old thread or two is revived. Not enough reason anymore..

Heh, I finally made it to 1000 posts.. as silly as that may seem that was probably something that kept me here - a goal I set out to accomplish long ago and wanted to end it. So now I'm done..

I've said all I have to say, and exhausted myself in reaching out to you. I have nothing left to offer everyone here... and I've grown stale of redundant conversations (including the so called 'intellectual' conversations which just become a push-war of premeditated conclusions/assumptions which never gets anywhere - and not a genuine desire to together come to higher truth.) It's nauseating.. ..but now I'm just complaining..

And it's not just you. The internet use to be a haven for the outcasts, the place where those who were rejected from society could congregate away from it. But now everyone and their mom is on the internet.. and it has become just like any other place - therefore equally true of this place as the world, i don't belong here anymore. I bid you farewell, the few who remain..

2yosx93.jpg
family.

Minuend

pat pat
Local time
-->
Ah, I get that exact feeling of not belonging in the world. Sometimes I wonder why I bother. There's really nothing for me here. Just repetition.

If people keep disappearing like this, I'll truly end up alone.

nexion

coalescing in diffusion
Local time
-->
This thread is... so depressing. But we will all have to leave at some point. I only really stay here for the people. But I suppose that I, too, will have to leave before too long.

I am sad to go to this thread and see that Auburn has left... I have not been here long before he left, but of the posts of his (hers?) that I read... he(she?) is so so genuine...

We all walk alone. I have no reason to stay here. But I don't consider that any of the time I have spent here, or even any of the time I will spend here, is wasted. Still...

What Auburn has said resonates with me greatly. All of it. I wish I could run away... I am starting to feel that time does not favor us. The light that we tried so desperately to shine upon the outer reaches of universe has long dimmed and died... we are nothing anymore, if ever we were. We have lost everything, and now we are just waiting for death, for that is the only true release. This is just yet another truth that we have hid...

You are all so beautiful... but perhaps I will not leave just yet. Dear God, I am far too young.

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
-->
^ Auburn gave me my first Visitor Message.

It is bittersweet to see old members leave and not return. Not to mention to the burden that is placed on the new generation to live up to sense of community that used to be.

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
-->
^ Auburn gave me my first Visitor Message.

It is bittersweet to see old members leave and not return. Not to mention to the burden that is placed on the new generation to live up to sense of community that used to be.
Members leave and attrition is normal. The "community" such as it is evolves. New members make it different but remember the old members and incorporate them into the "new" community for it does not die. It becomes ...

Tyria

Ryuusa bakuryuu
Local time
-->
I will be on hiatus for an extended period of time.

I will be able to receive messages if they are sent.

Anling

Local time
-->
Hello. Instead of leaving, I have actually finally come back. It's been a while.

Waterstiller

... runs deep
Local time
-->
I've decided to drop in for a brief moment to say where I've been.

In Vermont. And doing pretty well! Seems like forever ago when I was on here.. and sad.. and..

there was a lack of color.

And now there is much color. And I rarely have access to the internet. For half the year, actually, no electricity. So no glowing rectangles aside from the window on my wood stove.

And I work for the boys and girls club. It's lots of fun and very rewarding.

And I don't really care about MBTI.. or reading anything in particular aside from poetry.

Hope all are well. <3

Auburn

Luftschloss Schöpfer
Local time
-->
Waterstiller!
Glad to know you're alive!
(with the internet world, you just never know, y'know?)

jameslikespie

Local time
-->
Hello all, I will also be leaving. I haven't contributed much to the forum, so i'm pretty sure no one will care, but I wish you all the best.

Minuend

pat pat
Local time
-->
I don't really post much these days anyway, but I'm gone roap trippin' for a week.

Minuend

pat pat
Local time
-->
I don't have energy to reply to all your PMs. Will get back to you later.

Minuend

pat pat
Local time
-->
I think I've become out of place here, and are probably seen as arrogant and too elaborate. Seeing the new type of members, I'm probably more of an annoyance than an interest, so to speak.

It goes both way. I's rare that I read a post where I actually learn something, see something from a new perspective. It happens so seldom that I can actually remember the last post I found enlightening.

Perhaps I've just outgrown this place. And others who have, moved on leaving only the novice. Time to seek a new forum, I guess.

I might pop in if I need some contact information from someone. I might come back sometime if I find myself missing this place.

I wont be checking back on this thread, so I wont be reading any comments on this post.

If anyone need to contact me, I'm still frequently on IRC

And if Latte keeps hanging around- we live together so he would probably be thrilled to function as my answering machine. He likes it.

Alice?

Local time
-->
I think I've become out of place here, and are probably seen as arrogant and too elaborate. Seeing the new type of members, I'm probably more of an annoyance than an interest, so to speak.

It goes both way. I's rare that I read a post where I actually learn something, see something from a new perspective. It happens so seldom that I can actually remember the last post I found enlightening.

Perhaps I've just outgrown this place. And others who have, moved on leaving only the novice. Time to seek a new forum, I guess.

I might pop in if I need some contact information from someone. I might come back sometime if I find myself missing this place.

I wont be checking back on this thread, so I wont be reading any comments on this post.

And if Latte keeps hanging around- we live together so he would probably be thrilled to function as my answering machine. He likes it.

I've always enjoyed reading your posts. Good luck on your new forum ventures.

Hawkeye

Banned
Local time
-->

My+people+need+me_e76e9b_3963563.gif

Bye bye

Polaris

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 6:17 PM
-->

Well...I will miss your presence here. You are interesting. I don't find many people interesting.

<3

Top Bottom