• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Another Cyberattack,,

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 12:39 PM
-->
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/27/technology/global-ransomware-hack-what-we-know-and-dont-know.html

Sorry to be blunt here, but come on.. who are these dumb people getting infected with this thing?

It's exactly the same vulnerability as for the Wannacry attack. That one was acceptable, although the patch for the vulnerability came out one month before the attack. So those victims were dumb, but not severely dumb. But this time – after the first attack, you still didn't install the patch? In that case you kinda have yourself to blame.

Pyropyro

Magos Biologis
Local time
Today 8:39 PM
-->
Okay, our University actually had a patching/ upgrade drive a few days after the first attack. Lots of tech dudes went to different departments patching both old and new machines up but I think it was done in just a few days.

So yeah, it's not excusable if you got your pants down in this attack.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
Today 6:39 AM
-->
I was doing a normal search on a brain simulation I knew about to share with others and the first link, when I clicked on the site, after ten seconds a new tab opened saying warning infection detected. A close window block appeared with red stuff behind it on the new page tab. The website got hacked/infected. The first link it the one. The Truth About Spaun. I reported the infected site to Google. I hope they see the message.

T13WAtc.png

Top Bottom