• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

any of you read any of the Immanuel Kant

aswe323

Redshirt
Local time
Today 7:19 AM
-->
in specific the Critique of Pure Reason.
i am considering reading it.
any thought?

Tannhauser

angry insecure male
Local time
Today 8:19 AM
-->
I read about half of it, and then relied on various other sources to understand the gist of it. Extremely dense read (with sentences sometimes spanning half a page), but in the end quite structured and clear. Very different from, say, gibberish like Derrida.

But obviously a must-read if you're interested in epistemology.

Artsu Tharaz

The Lamb
Local time
Today 6:19 PM
-->
I also read part of the book. I found it to be repetitive, although probably it wasn't and the ideas being expressed each section were new, still though I found it hard to get too far through. There were certainly some interesting ideas in it, however I haven't really returned to it like I have with say, Plato or Nietzsche.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
Today 2:19 AM
-->
Would love to dedicate the time to reading that material. I always get such good ideas from reading about philosophy. Unfortunately, I don't think I could stick with it long enough.

DaDaMan

Dissident Resident
Local time
-->
No,too thick, too dense.

I am familiar with his ideas though.

Turnevies

Local time
Today 8:19 AM
-->
Seems interesting to me, if I ever find the time. But the first philosophical work on my current reading list is Bertrand Russell's history of western philosophy, in order to get a good overview before getting too specific at once.

EditorOne

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 3:19 AM
-->
I read it and I understood it just fine, so fine that the professor accused me of reading ahead to the next philosopher when I pointed out some deficiency or other in Kant's expositions. However, it was 48 years ago and mercifully the brain cells that dealt with that have evaporated; all that remains is the soft, warm almost-memory of doing something clever. :D

doncarlzone

Useless knowledge
Local time
-->
Yes I read most of it (or the essential parts rather). Read Prolegomena instead, it's a shorter more condensed version which he wrote afterwards due to the length of the Critique.

And don't just jump right into it without any prior knowledge of his terminology and philosophy. Ideally, you would want to either read some external articles (i.e. Stanford), or watch some lectures going through the theme of the book etc. beforehand. Most likely you will just give up because you will be too bored. I like Kant though, but I also had to read him as a part of my studies.

JansenDowel

Local time
Today 7:19 PM
-->
Karl Popper is better! He addressed Kant in Conjectures and Refutations. Popper argued with more clarity and precision than anyone before him.

gilliatt

Local time
-->
Being an Objectivist, Kant is the exact opposite. Sure I would read his book, understanding he is the man who closed the door of philosophy to reason. Yes, his purpose was to save the morality of self-abnegation and self-sacrifice. A mystic that attempted to save us all from reason. And Kant's 'phenomenal' world, 'nominal' world. And we don't really exist! Oh Kant, stop trying to save religion. All my philosophy professors grew out of Kant..you can't prove you exist silly, Neo-mystics. One good one was A is A; Hold on, maybe A is sometimes B. All the nonsense!

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
Just posting here so I have a string of six.

epovietnam1

Redshirt
Local time
Today 2:19 PM
-->
Những mẹo giặt quần áo chóng vánh hiệu quả vÃ* hÃ* tiện

Giặt giÅ© lÃ* má»™t công việc hết sức quen thuá»™c vá»›i tuốt tuá»™t các há»™ gia đình. Tuy nhiên, việc giặt xống áo không phải chỉ lÃ* “tống†hết tuốt luốt áo xống vÃ*o máy giặt vÃ* ấn nút. BÃ*i viết sau đây sẽ chỉ dẫn bạn má»™t số mẹo giặt quần áo nhanh chóng, hiệu quả vÃ* hÃ* tiện kể cả giặt bằng máy hay giặt tay.

Cách giặt tẩy cổ áo vÃ* ống tay

VÃ*o mùa hè, thÆ°á»ng phần cổ áo vÃ* ống tay áo rất dá»… bị bẩn do chúng ta tiết ra mồ hôi rất nhiá»u. Khi giặt, trÆ°á»›c hết bạn cần Ä‘em áo xống ngâm cho Æ°á»›t Ä‘á»u ở phần cổ áo vÃ* ống tay áo. Sau đó, bạn bôi lên má»™t lá»›p kem đánh răng, rồi dùng bÃ*n chải chÃ* nhẹ má»™t đôi phút, hoặc bạn cÅ©ng có thể xát vÃ*o đó má»™t Ã*t muối ăn vÃ* dùng tay vò nhẹ, sau đó có thể cho vÃ*o máy giặt vÃ* giặt thÆ°á»ng ngÃ*y. NhÆ° thế, thì phần cổ tay vÃ* ống tay áo sẽ sạch hÆ¡n. ngoại giả, khi đã phÆ¡i khô áo xống, bạn hãy rắt má»™t Ã*t phấn lên (loại phấn rôm của trẻ em) sau đó bạn dùng bÃ*n ủi, ủi nhẹ, nhÆ° thế ở lần sau bạn giặt thì phần cổ vÃ* ống tay sẽ sạch nhanh hÆ¡n.

C:\Users\quoct\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.jpg

Bạn cần phải chú ý rÃ* vết bẩn ở cổ áo cÅ©ng nhÆ° ống tay khi giặt

Cách chống áo xống bị phai mÃ*u

Äối vá»›i các loại áo quần được lÃ*m từ sợi bông, đồ len mÃ*u Ä‘á» hoặc tÃ*m, nếu dùng nÆ°á»›c pha vá»›i giấm để giặt thì mÃ*u sắc sẽ luôn được giữ tÆ°Æ¡i sáng bóng nhÆ° má»›i. Äối vá»›i các áo xống má»›i khi mua vá», trong lần giặt trÆ°á»›c tiên bạn cÅ©ng có thể ngâm trong nÆ°á»›c muối khoảng 10 phút. Có nhÆ° váº*y thì mÃ*u sắc của xống áo sẽ luôn được tÆ°Æ¡i sáng nhÆ° má»›i.

Cách giặt áo da

Khi bạn giặt áo khoác da, trÆ°á»›c tiên, bạn hãy dùng nÆ°á»›c ấm để tẩy sạch các vết cáu bẩn có trên áo, sau đó dùng bÃ*n chải tẩm nÆ°á»›c xÃ* phòng vÃ* chải nhẹ, tiếp theo hãy dùng nÆ°á»›c lau sạch, rồi Ä‘em áo phÆ¡i vÃ*o nÆ¡i mát, tránh phÆ¡i những nÆ¡i có ánh sáng mặt trá»i trá»±c tiếp. Sau khi áo đã khô, bạn hãy sá»* dụng má»™t Ã*t si dùng cho Ä“ da để đánh lên áo, để giúp cho mÃ*u sắc của áo quần tÆ°Æ¡i sáng hÆ¡n.

LÆ°u ý: Tuyệt đối không nên phÆ¡i áo da dÆ°á»›i trá»i nắng nóng hoặc dùng lá»*a hay máy sấy để hong khô áo.

dùng bột giặt, nước giặt hiệu quả

NgoÃ*i những Ä‘iá»u trên, thì việc sá»* dụng bá»™t giặt cÅ©ng rất quan yếu, trong bÃ*i viết trÆ°á»›c, nÆ°á»›c giặt tuy mắc hÆ¡n nhÆ°ng dùng kiệm Æ°á»›c vÃ* hiệu quả hÆ¡n bá»™t giặt. Ở đây chúng tôi xin giá»›i thiệu thÆ°Æ¡ng hiệu nÆ°á»›c giặt Epo đến từ Thái Lan, vá»›i những Æ°u Ä‘iểm vượt trá»™i sẽ giúp bạn chóng vánh đánh bay vết bẩn trên má»i chất liệu cÅ©ng nhÆ° an toÃ*n cho bạn vÃ* cả gia đình

C:\Users\quoct\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image002.jpg

NÆ°á»›c giặt Thái Lan Epo mang lại hiệu quả cao đối vá»›i tất thảy các chất liệu vải​

Top Bottom