• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Ask an ESFP

iAmMe

HereIAm
Local time
Today 1:12 AM
-->
Ask away. I'm extremely bored at the moment...

ProxyAmenRa

Here to bring back the love!
Local time
Today 3:12 PM
-->
What do you think of serious career driven introvert types?

Tannhauser

angry insecure male
Local time
Today 6:12 AM
-->
Is it normal for ESFPs to have an introvert fetish?

iAmMe

HereIAm
Local time
-->
What do you think of serious career driven introvert types?

How serious? And how introverted? It depends. Too much seriousness isn't good for anyone. Laughter is good for the soul. Career driven is great in any type. Unfortunately, in this world it's almost a necessity and I'm all for work satisfaction. I wish I had more drive towards my career. I have no problem with introverts as a whole, except when it's too hard to bring them out of their shell and out of their heads. I need conversation and laughter.

iAmMe

HereIAm
Local time
-->
Is it normal for ESFPs to have an introvert fetish?

What does this even mean???? Lol. Like do I have a fetish for introverts?? That's so weird. Hahaha...

Um...let's go with no. I love extraverts and introverts the same. But I do think in the long run an introvert will balance out my liveliness. But not too quiet, I couldn't stand if he was too quiet. I need stimulation. Lol.

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
Today 5:12 AM
-->
What occupies your mind?

What does your mind do when you are alone?

iAmMe

HereIAm
Local time
-->
Generally when I'm alone, I'll find something to occupy my mind.F or example, surfing the internet, reading or watching youtube or some tv show. Alone time is not generally spent in our heads. If I get bored of that, then I'll do things. Clean, sing, cook, call a friend. We don't like to stay still for very long and if we are still, our brains like to be stimulated from the outside. Our preferred way to be stimulated is via people.

That said, when we are in our heads, I find that more than likely we are thinking about other people. I daydream about people in my life or sometimes even like characters from a book. We'll come up with little stories and scenes in our head.

Or, the only other thing I think about is all the stuff I need to do during the day. Then I do those things. It's not that our inner lives are boring. But we find the outside much more fascinating.

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
What subjects interest you?

Nebulous

Local time
-->
Are you actually an ESFP or are you just a troll

iAmMe

HereIAm
Local time
-->
What subjects interest you?

Music, theater, and dance. I love to sing and perform. I read a lot, but it's mostly fiction novels. I have my favorite TV shows that I watch. As far as intellectual persuits, I actually like psychology. I didn't think that was weird until I started reading about my type and it makes sense why other ESFPs wouldn't like it. But I think that my interest in it has way more to do with people and much less to do with the theories behind the applications. If it's not applicable to my life then it becomes very hard to digest. I can understand theory, but after a certain point, I stop caring unless I can see it in action.

Anyway, those are my interests on a daily basis. That and lately this mbti stuff, which I sort of grouped in with the psychology. Overall, I definitely fit in that performer title that Keirsey gave us. I've been told many times that I'm singing when I wasn't even aware that I was doing it. It's crazy. I guess I do live life as if on stage.

iAmMe

HereIAm
Local time
-->
Are you actually an ESFP or are you just a troll

LOL. I'm an ESFP. LOL. I don't troll. You guys do that.

I'd much rather be posting on an esfp forum, but most of them don't actually care about this personality stuff. So here I am. My social life right now is rather lacking cus I just moved and haven't made many friends yet. So I'm taking solace in the internet. Sue me.

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
Today 4:12 PM
-->
Do you like daggers?

iAmMe

HereIAm
Local time
-->
Do you like daggers?

You mean like the knife??? I hope I'm not missing some social reference here and that question really is as straightforward as it seems.

No. I don't like daggers. I'm not particularly fascinated with any weapon. I don't know if that has more to do with my type, my gender, or simply the way that I was raised. I mostly a peaceful person. Unless I'm watching some crazy action movie or something. Lol.

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
What brings you to INTPf of all places?

Nebulous

Local time
-->
why do you say "lol" so much

iAmMe

HereIAm
Local time
-->
why do you say "lol" so much

I'm actually laughing. Lol. I guess I could switch to I legit find these questions funny. And my replies. You guys are amusing and I guess amuse myself too. Lol.

iAmMe

HereIAm
Local time
-->
What brings you to INTPf of all places?

Well, I said before that my social life is lacking. So that's why I'm on a forum. Why INTP? A few reasons. INTP has every function different from me and in a way are the hardest for me to understand. Socionics says that Ti is my vulnerable function. Maybe that's why your so hard to understand. But mostly, I have an intp friend who I have the funnest time with just trying to figure him out and laughing at his social blunders and I guess I'm kind of doing that now while listening to your questions.

I find INTPs to be hilarious, but I also feel like maybe you guys don't understand ESFP either so here I am.

Like INTJ can be funny, but they like to argue/ debate too much on things that I don't find interesting. I like INTP when I encounter it. But that's very rare so here I am encountering it. How else am I supposed to meet an INTP? You guys never go out. Lol.

ProxyAmenRa

Here to bring back the love!
Local time
Today 3:12 PM
-->
LOL. I'm an ESFP. LOL. I don't troll. You guys do that.

I'd much rather be posting on an esfp forum, but most of them don't actually care about this personality stuff. So here I am. My social life right now is rather lacking cus I just moved and haven't made many friends yet. So I'm taking solace in the internet. Sue me.

We have a Sydney Australia meetup group.

peoplesuck

is escaping
Local time
Today 12:12 AM
-->
How many mental disorders have you self diagnosed?:cthulhu:

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
Today 4:12 PM
-->
Soft or hard shell tacos?
What's so bad about racism?
If you were suddenly turned into a burrito but only you knew, would you even taco 'bout it?

iAmMe

HereIAm
Local time
-->
How many mental disorders have you self diagnosed?:cthulhu:

How badly am I going to be hurt? Just a cut? Then I'd go fast. If I knew I was gonna get hurt really bad then I'd go slow. Unfortunately, it's not something we know in advance.

Nebulous

Local time
-->
How badly am I going to be hurt? Just a cut? Then I'd go fast. If I knew I was gonna get hurt really bad then I'd go slow. Unfortunately, it's not something we know in advance.

what

Teax

huh?
Local time
-->
iAmMe said:
I'd much rather be posting on an esfp forum, but most of them don't actually care about this personality stuff. So here I am.
Oh we don't actually care, but we look like we do. Or was it the other way around... I forget...

How often do you feel like you overlooked something?

What do you think about base-jumping?

Does the word "Pinky-Pie" ring a bell?

How do you feel about base-jumping?

Are there many things in this world, of which you are 100% sure about?

Will you be my big sis?

Which one of these questions do you think is the trick question?

iAmMe

HereIAm
Local time
-->
How often do you feel like you overlooked something?

What do you think about base-jumping?

Does the word "Pinky-Pie" ring a bell?

How do you feel about base-jumping?

Are there many things in this world, of which you are 100% sure about?

Will you be my big sis?

Which one of these questions do you think is the trick question?

1. Everytime I make a decision in my life. So basically all the time.

2.The thought alone puts my stomach in my throat. I can see how people find it fun. But I could never be that bold and I hope no one I love will ever be that bold.

3. No. Not at all. What is that?

4. It's scary. It makes me wanna throw up. It gives me the chills and makes me wanna kiss the ground I walk on. Lol.

5. I'm 100% sure about my feelings toward the people I love. That's probably it. How can anyone be sure of anything in this world?

6. Yes. Lol.

7. Um...question #6???

Teax

huh?
Local time
-->
It was #7, but there are no wrong answers here :) Would you have answered differently to #6 if you thought it wasn't a trick question?

Could be any of these
lemon_meringue_pie_slice_charm_by_fatallyfeminine-d6v04st.jpg
ysod2LBE.png

hot_pink_and_white_pi_symbol_keychain_or_keyring-rc5037447390c4ec894f16eb34c4e3b5f_x7j3z_8byvr_324.jpg

So, sis, if I followed you everywhere you go all day, would you consider me a nuisance or company?

Do you cook well? Do you cook for others often?

Did this thread help with that boredom?

Imagine you come back from vacation, and you have no mail, no messages. How would you feel?

Would you rather accidentally overhear how some1, tells some1 else, something nice about you, or would you rather have a friendship-hug instead?

Could you spend one day without saying a singe word?

What fascinates you about people-in-general?

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
What type am I? I am sure I am an introvert and a perceiver, but what about the middle two?

iAmMe

HereIAm
Local time
-->
It was #7, but there are no wrong answers here :) Would you have answered differently to #6 if you thought it wasn't a trick question?

Could be any of these
lemon_meringue_pie_slice_charm_by_fatallyfeminine-d6v04st.jpg
ysod2LBE.png

hot_pink_and_white_pi_symbol_keychain_or_keyring-rc5037447390c4ec894f16eb34c4e3b5f_x7j3z_8byvr_324.jpg

So, sis, if I followed you everywhere you go all day, would you consider me a nuisance or company?

Do you cook well? Do you cook for others often?

Did this thread help with that boredom?

Imagine you come back from vacation, and you have no mail, no messages. How would you feel?

Would you rather accidentally overhear how some1, tells some1 else, something nice about you, or would you rather have a friendship-hug instead?

Could you spend one day without saying a singe word?

What fascinates you about people-in-general?

My answer would have been the same. Lol.

Depends on how well we get along. If you took on that annoying little brother quality, then probably a nuisance. But if i considered you a friend... then you'd be more company.

I cook okay. Mostly I just eat my own food. My current living situation in life doesn't really allow for a whole lot of hosting. But I can see myself doing that.

Definitely helped with boredom. Lol.

... ... After a day, I'd be alright. Call everyone I missed and go about my life with no hard feelings.

I dont know. Both of these are equally great.

No. Definitely not. Even if I see absolutely nobody for the whole day. I'll probably make some statements into the outerworld. Lol. I guess I'd talk to myself. Is that extremely weird???

People... I guess it's the fact that even though we're all fashioned by the outside world we all have such different stories. Little nuances that make us all different. I love to learn from people and learn about people. And I like the spontaneity of people. You never know how anything is going to go when you're talking to another person. There's so many different variables and variations of conversations that can happen. This is a hard question. I guess if I had to sum it up, I'd say that I value the individuality in people. Very Fi for sure.

iAmMe

HereIAm
Local time
-->
What type am I? I am sure I am an introvert and a perceiver, but what about the middle two?

I don't know anything about you. Lol. You're here, so there's a high likelihood of you being and INTP. I mean, there's a pretty big difference between ISFP and INTP. You've got it down to 4 choices. Process of elimination? And don't neglect to look at how the tertiary and inferior functions play into the personality type.

The more you learn about the cognitive functions, the easier it'll be to figure out which ones you lean toward.

Nebulous

Local time
-->
you've said "lol" fifteen times so far
edit: SIXTEEN

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
I don't know anything about you. Lol. You're here, so there's a high likelihood of you being and INTP. I mean, there's a pretty big difference between ISFP and INTP. You've got it down to 4 choices. Process of elimination? And don't neglect to look at how the tertiary and inferior functions play into the personality type.

The more you learn about the cognitive functions, the easier it'll be to figure out which ones you lean toward.

The disparity between ISFP and INFP is an extreme one. Ironically enough I am a pass between deciding on these two types at the foremost of the conundrum.

iAmMe

HereIAm
Local time
-->
you've said "lol" fifteen times so far
edit: SIXTEEN

Thanks for the update. Why is such a big deal that I like to laugh and share my laughter with others? Fine, I'll stick to emojis. Or a simple "hahahaha".

iAmMe

HereIAm
Local time
-->
The disparity between ISFP and INFP is an extreme one. Ironically enough I am a pass between deciding on these two types at the foremost of the conundrum.

ISFP vs INFP can be a lot harder to decipher. When I first got into Myers Briggs, I was also a little uncertain if I was an ESFP or an ENFP. On the surface when you just look at behaviors it can be really hard to tell Se and Ne apart. Both INFP and ISFP can be very artistic and are very caring and nurturing.

I'm not an expert so I can only tell you what I know. Ne is usually more about brainstorming and new ideas and concepts. Ne is usually accompanied by a lot of "what if" statements. And the Ne artist is probably better at articulating their conceptions. INFP is more likely to have an idealist mentality. Their thoughts are more likely to be about humanity as a whole versus the individual people. And also, INFPs are known for being amazing active listeners. They'd probably make a great counselor, like the xNFJs.

On the other hand. Se is about living in the moment and spontaneity. It's about experiencing for the experience, not for the ideas and concepts that arise because of the experiences, but the actual act itself. ISFP is going to be less concerned about mankind as a whole and more concerned with connecting to individuals and effecting their lives on a one on one basis. They're less idealistic like the typical "NF" and more realistic and grounded in the real world. Real facts and details. And taking in real facts and details about individuals. Not as many novel ideas that come from nowhere.

Also, I find that xNFPs want appreciation more than the xSFPs. Although, all Fi types in general want people to be true to themselves. xNFPs are known for doing this mental "door slam" when someone really screws them over. They will completely shut them out if their lives as a way of coping. xSFPs are known for being the most generous. We don't keep tally of how much we give and we usually aren't waiting for something in return for our generosity. We can be very forgiving about a lot of things.

I can't think of anything else. Maybe watch some youtube videos that compare types? I hope that something in here helps you figure it out.

Teax

huh?
Local time
-->
Don't sweat it sis, INTs are sensitive to patterns, but there's nothing wrong with "lol".

What's your attitude towards video-games?

When you needed some work done, was it easier if you announced it, or did you feel more motivated if you kept it secret and only shown-off the final result?

So you don't troll at all? You wouldn't even consider continue using "Lol" to see if you can provoke another post on that subject? :)

What if I tagged along all day, but didn't say much? Just.. maybe.. nodded... Would you still get bored?

Imagine a TV glitch made the entire world see your last dance. Dream come true or a nightmare?

How often do you misplace things?

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
ISFP vs INFP can be a lot harder to decipher. When I first got into Myers Briggs, I was also a little uncertain if I was an ESFP or an ENFP. On the surface when you just look at behaviors it can be really hard to tell Se and Ne apart. Both INFP and ISFP can be very artistic and are very caring and nurturing.

I'm not an expert so I can only tell you what I know. Ne is usually more about brainstorming and new ideas and concepts. Ne is usually accompanied by a lot of "what if" statements. And the Ne artist is probably better at articulating their conceptions. INFP is more likely to have an idealist mentality. Their thoughts are more likely to be about humanity as a whole versus the individual people. And also, INFPs are known for being amazing active listeners. They'd probably make a great counselor, like the xNFJs.

On the other hand. Se is about living in the moment and spontaneity. It's about experiencing for the experience, not for the ideas and concepts that arise because of the experiences, but the actual act itself. ISFP is going to be less concerned about mankind as a whole and more concerned with connecting to individuals and effecting their lives on a one on one basis. They're less idealistic like the typical "NF" and more realistic and grounded in the real world. Real facts and details. And taking in real facts and details about individuals. Not as many novel ideas that come from nowhere.

Also, I find that xNFPs want appreciation more than the xSFPs. Although, all Fi types in general want people to be true to themselves. xNFPs are known for doing this mental "door slam" when someone really screws them over. They will completely shut them out if their lives as a way of coping. xSFPs are known for being the most generous. We don't keep tally of how much we give and we usually aren't waiting for something in return for our generosity. We can be very forgiving about a lot of things.

I can't think of anything else. Maybe watch some youtube videos that compare types? I hope that something in here helps you figure it out.

K, you hit ISFP, INFP and their E counterparts. What about the thinking types ie. INTP and ISTP?

Alias

empirical miracle
Local time
-->
Question: Are you going to give yourself a profile pic?

Also, welcome to the forum.
I decided to post now because I couldn't come up with a good question until now.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->

*Facepalm* I said the difference between ISFP and INFP, not INTP and ISFP.

iAmMe

HereIAm
Local time
-->
Don't sweat it sis, INTs are sensitive to patterns, but there's nothing wrong with "lol".

What's your attitude towards video-games?

When you needed some work done, was it easier if you announced it, or did you feel more motivated if you kept it secret and only shown-off the final result?

So you don't troll at all? You wouldn't even consider continue using "Lol" to see if you can provoke another post on that subject? :)

What if I tagged along all day, but didn't say much? Just.. maybe.. nodded... Would you still get bored?

Imagine a TV glitch made the entire world see your last dance. Dream come true or a nightmare?

How often do you misplace things?

I don't play them but not because I'm against them. I just never got good enough at one to really like playing. Only like guitar hero when it was still popular. But I watch people play sometimes and it's not exceedingly boring.

It's definitely better for me to tell people about things that I plan to do. I'm much more likely to do it then. By telling people, I feel like I'm being held accountable. I need that or many things probably would not get done.

Um I've never tried to provoke something on purpose. Not online or in real life. But sure...I'll probably continue to use "Lol" for the simple fact that I was always genuine when I used it and it's quicker than hahaha...lol. I guess when I see someone type "lol", my eyes sort of glide over it and it simply gives tone to whatever was stated. I never saw it as a problem or an annoyance or anything.

I talk alot. So while quiet is okay silence is much harder. I like to know I'm being heard or there's really no reason. So, are you actively listening? I'd probably start saying stupid stuff until you reacted. Or be funny to try to get you to laugh and lighten up. Complete silence sounds like an impossibility. Eventually you'd break. So I probably wouldn't get bored because I'd have fun trying to make you have fun. Lol.

Neither. I'd be nervous-excited. Apprehensive? Can we change it to the last song I sang?? Then it would be a dream come true. Dancing, I'm less confident in. That could potentially be embarrassing, especially if it's the entire world.

I use to lose things all the time. I'm much better now, but it's partly because I rely on habits and partly because I know myself and I try real hard to counteract my natural inclination to put things down anywhere. I still misplace things, but not everyday. I have a pretty good idea about where most of my possessions are. I guess my system could be improved upon but I don't know when that'll be...

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
I have another question, indulge me. have you ever seen the movie 'Missing Misssy'?

iAmMe

HereIAm
Local time
-->
Question: Are you going to give yourself a profile pic?

Also, welcome to the forum.
I decided to post now because I couldn't come up with a good question until now.

Sure thing. :)

I actually had no plan to, but since you asked...

iAmMe

HereIAm
Local time
-->
*Facepalm* I said the difference between ISFP and INFP, not INTP and ISFP.

Wait... are you actually torn between ISFP and INTP??

As far as the differences between INTP and ISTP...you're on an INTP forum...why not start a new thread and ask them? It's what I would do. Don't ask the one miscellaneous ESFP here.

In all honesty, I'm not as familiar with these two types anyway. Introverted thinking is so foreign to me. I don't think I could do it justice and I don't want to try to explain it under the eyes of all of the INTPs who actually use Ti and can explain it much better than I can.

Just start a new thread... What's the difference between INTP and ISTP?

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
I've started many a threads that have to do with "what type am I?" My first post on this forum was an inquiry (very poorly worded I might add) on whether I was INTJ or INTP. That was over 3 years ago. I just ask because I thought it would be funny for me to ask someone who doesn't know me at all what type I am and tbh, was just fishing for a fresh perspective. I do that a lot actually; not so much online, but more irl I will ask a question to someone I don't know very well about something where I have no idea what they know about that subject in hopes that they have something interesting to say about it. Its one of those things that you don't get a great result too often but its so easy to do its worth it to ask and when you do get a good result, its like I won a million dollars or something.

Top Bottom