• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

"Authoritarian" types gone bad - a field guide

GYX_Kid

randomly floating abyss built of bricks
Local time
Today 9:24 PM
-->
If any likely type to get evil and power-hungry happens, this is an extremely rough set of tips for gaining experience.

ESTJ / ESFJ: More traditional, inside-the-box type. Will tell you to obey them. (ex. certain bosses and teachers that anyone will have sometime in their life)

Weakness: N-type cold sociopathy. You won't have authority to them if you're low in a mental rank of theirs, so fighting with fire is often futile. Might be a short-sighted rat, provided a maze.

ENTJ / ENFJ: Will use anything as a tool, and try to manipulate you into obeying them. (ex. Bill Gates, Cartman)

Weakness: S-type sudden aggression at the right moment. Requires blunt stopping them in their tracks; they use a "be the steamroller" decision-based mentality. Dealing well with any hostile ENJ requires at least basic mastery of war-minded waiting and decision making. They will create the maze, but at the same time they fear being cornered and eaten by an intelligent and tough rat.

ISTJ / INTJ: Tries to rule silently, may not seem as arrogant in most interactions. (ex. Nurse Ratched, Light Yagami)

Weakness: Extroverted leadership? Hasn't really ever been my fight, if anyone else knows well maybe you could fill this in.

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
Today 1:24 PM
-->
Interesting.

SkyWalker

observing y'all from my UFO. inevitably coming dow
Local time
Today 10:24 PM
-->
Basically you talk about bad Te-doms (ESTJ/ENTJ) and bad Fe-doms (ESFJ/ENFJ).

Whether Ni or Si works in the background of the dominant function doesn't change much.

The bad Te-doms are like vampires/narcissists, they want to secretly take you down, but protect themselves and flee if they might be injured (their T-selfishness is stronger than their F-hate)
Te-doms cannot sacrifice themselves in total or unlimited. (Te-doms can only sacrifice temporarily/partially for greater gain: if the long term gain for self outweighs the short term loss. But this is not sacrifice, this is investment into the self)

The bad Fe-doms are like werewolves, they protect their group (even if they are the only member left, e.g. a lone-wolf, a borderline personality disorder) and take themselves down in battle (their F-hate is stonger than their T-selfishness)
Fe-doms can sacrifice themselves totally and unlimited. This sacrifice is not an investment for the self, it's an investment for the group (even if its a NULL-group with no members left, then its just an investment into the rationality of the group that you leave behind).

Fe-doms can slay Te-doms in confrontational one-on-one battle. Because the Te-dom is afraid to get hurt and the Fe-dom is not. Te-doms can only slay Fe-doms by cunningly back-stabbing them when they are not expecting it. (from the front Te-doms are unable to win from Fe-doms).

BTW they only act this way if they see you as the enemy. If they see you as a friend they will act as good Te-doms / good Fe-doms (so they are only as bad as they view you!)

The Te-dom-enemy can however pose-as-your-friend (to indirectly/secretly take you down while preserving the self). The Fe-dom cannot, it would make him sick (it prefers direct/confrontational, since it does not need to preserve the self).

Reverse Transcriptase

"you're a poet whether you like it or not"
Local time
-->
Why the hate on Bill Gates? I'm not even convinced that he's an ENTJ. I don't think you really understand Gates any more than I do, and you're just throwing out his name because he founded a company which ended up growing to be gigantic & somewhat annoying.

Artsu Tharaz

The Lamb
Local time
Tomorrow 6:24 AM
-->
Yeah, Bill Gates shouldn't be there. I doubt he's even Te, let alone an overly authoritarian one.

GYX_Kid

randomly floating abyss built of bricks
Local time
Today 9:24 PM
-->
haha my bad, i heard that he is ENTJ, but true- not necessarily a dysfunctional one

dark

Bring this savage back home.
Local time
Today 4:24 PM
-->
Forgive my lack of possible knowledge, but are these the only types within the Authoritarian types? Could all the types not have this form or similar to show it in this manner? :confused:

Lot

Don't forget to bring a towel
Local time
-->
ENTJ / ENFJ: Will use anything as a tool, and try to manipulate you into obeying them. (ex. Bill Gates, Cartman)

I have an ENTJ room mate who is this way. I find this approach to life very disturbing. I'm always scared that ENTJ's and ESTJ's are plotting against me, to fit me into their little puzzle. But ENTJ's by far are the scariest, because they are so prone to back stabbing and advance them selves by any means. My room mate seems to think you're only human if you can match wits, and even then the second you stop following his plan he'll get very upset, irrational, and use anything he can think of to put you down so that you'll submit to his will out of fear. Luckily his INFJ wife has tempered him quite abit over the last 2 years, and I think he's scared of me or maybe he actually likes me.

I really think that Skywalker has a pretty sound take on the subject. Leads me to believe I must study the subject more. Any good sources?

SkyWalker

observing y'all from my UFO. inevitably coming dow
Local time
Today 10:24 PM
-->
I guess I'm the source. I get it from a giant mix of things.

- google Sam Vaknin Narcissism.
- wikipedia pages of NPD, ASPD, HPD and BPD
- read classic vampire and werewolf folklore, including weapons and remedies

Artsu Tharaz

The Lamb
Local time
Tomorrow 6:24 AM
-->
An inventor?

He must be ENTP.

CBadfeather

Local time
Today 3:24 PM
-->
My favorite way to deal with ESTJ's is to blatantly mock the way they presume they're in charge. and just to treat their orders like they were suggestions or jokes. :elephant:

Owfin

ISTJ
Local time
-->
I have a bad tendency to micromanage when I am in a position to do so. I do not trust myself with large amounts of power.

I think ESTJs are generally cool, but as this is describing ones gone bad... bad ESTJs behave like bad ENTJs, except the bad ESTJ is more, "Well, you are gonna not listen to me? Huh, huh? Well, look at all the X and Y and Z that are gonna go wrong." whereas bad ENTJs are "Just DO this ****!"

Top Bottom