• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Baroque Music Anyone?

Razare

Local time
Yesterday 8:01 PM
-->
I have a good internet radio station I listen to (very few adds) that plays mostly baroque classical, the only kind of classical I enjoy.

http://www.sky.fm/classical/

Check out their Chillout station too.

http://www.di.fm/chillout/

They have a bunch of radio stations on their main page, if you like techno/trance. Their classical guitar and piano station isn't bad either.

Ermine

is watching and taking notes
Local time
Yesterday 5:01 PM
-->
casually playing guitar in my mental arena
I have a thing for baroque music too. My favorite hymns are all baroque period style, and I could listen to Bach's violin and cello suites for hours on end.

And luckily in my music theory class, we've mostly focused on baroque styles and music theory rules from that time period. It's a revelation knowing how they pulled off chord transitions so well, among other things, and being able to write my own music in that style while incorporating other things.

chocolate

Local time
Yesterday 5:01 PM
-->
Thanks Razare! I like baroque and have wanted to learn more about it for quite some time now.

Kidege

is a ze
Local time
Yesterday 6:01 PM
-->
I love baroque music, as well as baroque dance (as in the movie Le Roi danse, for instance). Can't say I know a thing about musical theory, though.

(And maybe I dreamed about this thread last night. Would explain the odd harp and... yeah)

cheese

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 10:01 AM
-->
I like Baroque music. I love the classical (in the general sense) era.

The music is likely to be better because the lower-quality stuff has presumably been weeded out over the years. Unfortunately with contemporary music we must suffer the truckloads of dirt for the few little gems that exist. Future generations will benefit from time, just as we have.

mathy

Local time
Yesterday 7:01 PM
-->
I do like Baroque (and most classical for that matter). Thanks for those links! Will be sure to keep those for future use.

(I danced ballet for 15 years, the style of music brings back some wonderful memories for me.)

Top Bottom