• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Board Gone Back To 2017 May 15

Ragnar

A Master From Germany
Local time
Today 2:16 AM
-->
Greetings

Sadly the forums were hit by a php malware usually seen in WordPress and Joomla.

MW:JS:GEN2?malware.generic_jsobfuscator.1.2

This affected javascript working at the least.

The hosts kindly rolled back to the 15 May --- which took about 12 hours --- as the first blacklist notice dated from 20th May. It's rather awful so many posts have been vanished, and it is regretted by all staff.

As for new software; most immediately it may be updated to the latest of the 3.8.xx series, but it will be needed to leave vBulletin for a safer make.

:elephant:

We really need a Te Deum smilie with monks tolling out bells from Tosca.

:rip:

Best wishes to all

Ragnar.

JR_IsP

Overthinker in Chief
Local time
Yesterday 9:16 PM
-->
Wait... does this mean that the forum will be shutting down?

When is this going to happen?

Is there any choice in another hosting sites?

JR_IsP

Overthinker in Chief
Local time
-->
Just realized the date on the corner, checked my statistics and threads..... Dude, that's so wrong. I'm sorry for all.

kora

Omg wow imo
Local time
-->
INTPf time travellers. This means Serac never existed amongst other things.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
INTPf time travellers. This means Serac never existed amongst other things.

Lol, that's true!

I mean, it sucks to lose two weeks of posts, but it's kind of humorous to erase a member from existence by simply rolling the clock back two weeks. Oh dear. Will he reappear at the appointed time again?

Never fuck with time travel. Things always get lost.

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 2:16 PM
-->
thedarkcastle.freeforums.net

There are ads but it's currently not costing me anything, please save the link somewhere in case we need a fallback site.

There's also intpf.net but it's having certificate issues?

Pyropyro

Magos Biologis
Local time
Today 9:16 AM
-->
okay, so who let the Weeping Angel touch the forum?

Local time
-->
"It was a dry cold night, and the wind blew keenly, and the frost was white and hard. A man would die to-night of lying out on the marshes, I thought. And then I looked at the stars, and considered how awful if would be for a man to turn his face up to them as he froze to death, and see no help or pity in all the glittering multitude."

Rixus

I introverted think. Therefore, I am.
Local time
-->
Have we gone back far enough to prevent the demon Covfefe from being summoned?

There are so many time travel references that it's difficult to pick which. Should we go to the Nietzschien thread and lie in wait for the armada of Nietzschien ships to arrive and prevent their tyranny? They have a legend about the battle of Witch Head after all.

Or something a bit more classic and mainstream, "no. There's one more thread. And it must be destroyed also."

Or shall we just hope that the malware that left the forum in ruins in our time just wanted to hear some hump backed whales singing? We'll just need to recharge those Klingon crystals before we can grab a pair of whales and go back.

The Gopher

President
Local time
Today 11:16 AM
-->
Test

Edit: I bet someone out there is creepy enough to have saved the entire posting and thread history. Shame we don't know anyone that creepy. (He says actually not sarcastically)

kora

Omg wow imo
Local time
-->
Guys it's okay gopher saved the thread

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
^^ Friends, fellows, and countrymen, that's Mister Gopher fulfilling his campaign promise to be a good president of the forum and why he was elected in a unprecedented landslide over less-meticulous opponents during the heated election of just a few months ago.

Unlike some presidents who seek to preserve by policies of isolationism and persecution and excessive tweetstorms, Mister Gopher puts his money where his mouth is and has now taken steps to preserve the most vulnerable of our posts in a time of great turbidity in this electronic landscape we all love so much.

It is wonderful to behold that the faith we have placed in this highest office of the forum and the person filling it has been diligently reciprocated by this measure of foresight and redundant data storage. (Note: Please ignore the typo "creepy" in prior announcement, he meant to say "weepy" in terms of "tears of gratitude" for his act of foresight.)

If there are any questions or further kudos, please feel free to submit them in writing. I'll be over here hiding in the bushes.

6QwCckQ1_400x400.png

Reluctantly

Resident disMember
Local time
Yesterday 3:16 PM
-->
Call me crazy, but this all feels like a setup for Gopher to gain political points. I think he setup the whole thing so he could be the hero.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
Call me crazy, but this all feels like a setup for Gopher to gain political points. I think he setup the whole thing so he could be the hero.

^^ fake news.

Rixus

I introverted think. Therefore, I am.
Local time
-->
I can't be fake! I saw a You Tube video about it!
It showed someone who might have been The Gopher using a computer. It proves he was orchestrating the entire thing!

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
It showed someone who might have been The Gopher using a computer. It proves he was orchestrating the entire thing!

Someone paid $25 million to get Andy Serkis in a greenscreen suit -- its all lies! Lies lies lies!!!

Pyropyro

Magos Biologis
Local time
Today 9:16 AM
-->

Totally legit, I have a still from the vidya:

[BIMG]https://dcassetcdn.com/w1k/submissions/932500/932888_a552.jpg[/BIMG]

Top Bottom