• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Change thread titles or username?

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
Yesterday 10:38 PM
-->
You don't have the option to, though maybe a mod do or can, except, I recall there being a decision say no to preserve the archives for the history of the board.

Deleted member 1424

Generally usernames won't be changed to keep a necessary level of consistency on the forum. You can request thread title changes, but it's up to the mod in question. I'd personally avoid changing the titles of older established threads, but for things like typos or rephrasing newer thread titles for clarity, I don't mind.

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
-->
Generally usernames won't be changed to keep a necessary level of consistency on the forum. You can request thread title changes, but it's up to the mod in question. I'd personally avoid changing the titles of older established threads, but for things like typos or rephrasing newer thread titles for clarity, I don't mind.
I'm thinking of requesting the "Link Dump" thread title for review. Maybe just Link Collection or something similar, as well as a name change if at all possible, although to something similar to what I have now to not cause much trouble.

Deleted member 1424

Thread is done.

I'd consider a very minor change, after all I used to be 'Adair' once upon a time, and boy that just does not look right. Problem with username changes is that once you do one, then everybody wants to change and then suddenly no one knows who anyone is anymore. The spirit behind the rule is to prevent that.

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
-->
Thread is done.

I'd consider a very minor change, after all I used to be 'Adair' once upon a time, and boy that just does not look right. Problem with username changes is that once you do one, then everybody wants to change and then suddenly no one knows who anyone is anymore. The spirit behind the rule is to prevent that.
Okay, thanks. Let me know if there are any other problems.

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
-->
Can you or someone delete the first post in this thread?

thx

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
-->
Can a mod delete my post here, as I no longer agree with it.

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
-->
Hey. I was wondering if an admin could change the name "Dovid" to "David"? It's the same name with a different tongue. I put Dovid because I was led to believe that's how it's said in the original language (not English), and just to get a point across, which I think it had gotten.

Top Bottom