• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Conversation with redbaron

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
Today 4:38 AM
-->
redbaron you replied.
Yes, I've noticed. You have the habit of psychoanalysing people, and asking personal questions without ever putting yourself in a similar situation of vulnerability. It's quite manipulative actually, the way in which you are so neutral and deadpan, yet continuously probing others for personal information.

Generally interactions of this nature are more give and take, people expose a little bit of themselves under the premise that maybe someone will identify with what they've exposed and in turn, will expose a little bit about themselves. Interactions with you don't have this mutually beneficial nature really.

With your interactions, you ask all the questions and prompt other people to give you all the information about themselves, while diverting any inquiries into your own underlying motivations or desires with, 'humour' or by answering the question in such a convoluted and/or abstractly verbose manner that it doesn't really reveal anything.
Those seem like possibly true statements. Standing by itself it seems like a fair possibility. Don't I deserve a defense ... especially if it's not true? In the first place your statement is general and stated without proof. If you give no example I can't tell you what is going on. It's like being accused of being a pedophile, a communist, a liar, a betrayer or some such other accusation without evidence.

Can't say it's the kind of interaction I enjoy being part of.

And no, I don't really have much positive to say about this obsessive and creepy thread.
Yet you interjected yourself into it with an accusation. And what if other readers believed you? You called the thread, "creepy." Would you call that objective?

You said something about psychoanalyzing others? Am I doing that to you? If you think I'm hiding something, why don't you be up front and ask me? Ask me what you like? If you don't find my answer adequate, ask again. Then you can accuse me of not answering, not being honest, hiding something, being "creepy", or whatever else you have in mind.

Fukyo

blurb blurb
Local time
Today 9:38 AM
-->
4926612_orig.jpg

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
Today 7:38 PM
-->
Well, at least this thread serves to highlight exactly what everyone means when they talk about you being obsessively creepy. The reason I'm not going to bother responding to this I've already elucidated on:

redbaron said:
You have the habit of psychoanalysing people, and asking personal questions without ever putting yourself in a similar situation of vulnerability. It's quite manipulative actually, the way in which you are so neutral and deadpan, yet continuously probing others for personal information.

I'm not going to be your next Lyra, no matter how badly you want it.

And mods, I request this thread stays open for the time being.

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
-->
So Fukyo. You present your reaction but without words. No accusation? That's okay, but I'm not too eager to have moderators all over me. redbaron is intelligent enough. Do you think it's okay for him to engage me? After all I'm being accused of stuff. Who would like that?

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->
Playing the victim card again, very original BAP.

Kuu

>>Loading
Local time
Today 2:38 AM
-->
jesus-facepalm.jpg

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
-->
Okay redbaron. You requested this thread stay open. What would you like as ground rules? I hope that one of the rules is I or anyone who has an alternative view can't say anything and only BAP bashers can. Anyone with an alternative view out there? Help?

Also redbaron, I won't make you a Lyra but not sure what that means.

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
-->
Okay. Let me try again. All topics on the INTPf are okay unless they are about people or are emotional. Is that what I have wrong? Never discuss people or anything that upsets anyone in particular?

Qualification: It's okay to discuss people as long as it's not one of us. It's okay to discuss emotion as long as no one gets upset.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
Hey guys, what's u...

.....ohhhh.

:walkout:

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->
Here, I'll explain it to you again:

redbaron said:
Generally interactions of this nature are more give and take, people expose a little bit of themselves under the premise that maybe someone will identify with what they've exposed and in turn, will expose a little bit about themselves. Interactions with you don't have this mutually beneficial nature really.

You want an example? In your OP you've asked me no less than eight questions, while playing the victim card by asserting that what I'm doing is, 'like calling someone a pedophile'.

Say I bother to answer all eight questions, you'll follow it up with more. You've framed the entire post in such a way that the entirety of the interaction revolves around me revealing things about myself in a public arena.

The reason people fall for it is because of how you frame it. By conflating my remarks with that of accusing someone of pedophilia, it serves to make it look like I'm being unfair or rude. So when you do this to people, their natural motivation is to try and clear up discrepancies, because they don't want to look like they're unreasonable, or judgemental or whatever other negative trait you've conflated to their actions.

Which really only leaves me with two possible scenarios:

- you did this innocently, unaware of the implications of what you wrote
- you did this knowingly, aware of the implications

Either way, there's no point in me taking you seriously. You're either emotionally retarded or emotionally manipulative.

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->
BAP said:
Okay. Let me try again. All topics on the INTPf are okay unless they are about people or are emotional. Is that what I have wrong? Never discuss people or anything that upsets anyone in particular?

Qualification: It's okay to discuss people as long as it's not one of us. It's okay to discuss emotion as long as no one gets upset.

Another example of the kind of victim-card framing that I'm talking about. Again there's really two options here:

- you're either unaware that you're inaccurately paraphrasing the forum's rules, or
- you're aware that you're inaccurately paraphrasing

So you're either just oblivious or being deliberately coy. Either one does not really make for enticing and mutually beneficial communication.

The problem is you do this so often, that it's hard for people to actually believe you when you act as though you're doing it to satisfy some genuine curiosity. So now I'll ask you a question, but I'm not going to give you any information about myself first. I just want you to answer all my questions impromptu.

What's your underlying motivation for making this thread BAP? What did you hope to achieve about it?

Feels a bit unfair doesn't it, being publicly asked to reveal things about yourself from someone who isn't being at all receptive to you?

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
-->
What's your underlying motivation for making this thread BAP?
Impromptu? My motive is anger. Anger at being accused of stuff. Anger at having a thread closed I worked hard on so no one tomorrow can come to my defense. Anger at feeling bullied by you and a number of mods who gang up on me. Anger at myself for not defending myself.

What did you hope to achieve about it?
Enlightenment. You are right. Everyone is facepalming and only I don't know why. Frustration. I want to know what I've done wrong in your eyes because I don't think everyone wants to bash me.

Feels a bit unfair doesn't it, being publicly asked to reveal things about yourself from someone who isn't being at all receptive to you?
No. Wrong. Totally fair. Absolutly fair. I don't mind at all revealing myself. What I do mind is being ganged up on by every moderator in the book.

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->
BAP said:
What I do mind is being ganged up on by every moderator in the book.

And how do you think the moderators feel when your threads just spill over into discussions like this, where moderators now have to sit here and curtail to the participant's sensibilities? They don't get paid for this shit, they moderate the forum on their own time and I'm sure they'd rather enjoy the experience here without having to coddle people like preschoolers.

You stir up a hornet's nest of drama, literally singling out moderators in public, name-dropping Absurdity (among others) in threads and alluding to their, 'unfairness' in much the same way that you conflated my post with accusing you of being a pedophile.

And you're surprised the moderators are at a loss for patience with you?

You make threads where you publicly single people out, then frame their arguments in a way that implies they're attacking you. If you make a specific thread about a specific person, specifically asking them to reveal personal information about themselves in public, don't be surprised if people are annoyed.

Even if you personally say nothing bad about the person, it creates a place for other members to speculate about X and Y traits of a person and immediately puts them under a spotlight they didn't ask for.

It's like me making a thread called, 'Ask Fukyo' and telling everyone to ask questions about Fukyo, and Redbaron and everybody else gets to speculate about Fukyo. I mean, what would you expect Fukyo's reaction to be?

In fact, what would your reaction be? Because it seems that when people speculate about you, it makes you angry and feel defensive. You've just said as much. So, are you starting to understand how other people might feel the same when you publicly declare open season for people to speculate about them?

TheScornedReflex

(Per) Version of a truth.
Local time
Today 9:38 PM
-->
Bahahahahahaha!

Deleted member 1424

I think that's an errant hair, not a nipple.

At least I hope. :phear:

Cavallier

Oh damn.
Local time
Today 1:38 AM
-->
Maybe it's lint?

...I...I can't look away...

TheScornedReflex

(Per) Version of a truth.
Local time
Today 9:38 PM
-->
I just want to touch it..

In Mother Russia, nipple milk you!

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
-->
Originally Posted by redbaron
What would you say if we stop accusing each other of stuff and just talk about ourselves?
Which really only leaves me with two possible scenarios:

- you did this innocently, unaware of the implications of what you wrote
- you did this knowingly, aware of the implications

Either way, there's no point in me taking you seriously. You're either emotionally retarded or emotionally manipulative.
When I read that I immediately thought, he's offering me A or B. I'll look at it and show him C which was missed. Okay. I won't do that. It's A. I'm emotionally retarded, but only on this particular issue. I know people will be upset. What is impossible for me to tell is how upset. Maybe that's why I ask them about themselves.

I am so neutral (do you buy that?) I thought I would hop into a known upsetting situation and neutralize it. That's what I meant by explain. But you can't make an omelette without breaking eggs the saying goes. Are people upset because I'm breaking eggs?

Now what about me? Why would I want to be neutral (assuming you buy that?) I wouldn't call it an obsession. I'd call it hatred. The moment the side tips one way or the other, I become inwardly angry. (Angry is the only emotion I can think of ... not quite right.) Why? Because in my life I've been robbed of values. Every time I see a "J" attitude that's a person with values. They have something I don't and can't have. That's unfair. Now what do I do? Challenge the value and be of social value because now I'm being fair to the other side when I'm angry because life was not fair to me? Or do I keep quiet because challenging someone's values is upsetting to them?

Ex-User (9086)

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 8:38 AM
-->
I recommend listening to some music and relaxation. I doubt this is in any way more important or helpful than your other activity elsewhere. Being obsessive is bad for you.

Cannot this thread be resolved in PM's instead of a public one on one showdown?

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
-->
I recommend listening to some music and relaxation. I doubt this is in any way more important or helpful than your other activity elsewhere. Being obsessive is bad for you.

No. Can't be resolved with PMs as they won't answer. Are you suggesting I PM redbaron? I need his okay for that.

I think the problem could be to name the problem without getting anyone upset.

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->
BAP said:
Now what do I do? Challenge the value and be of social value because now I'm being fair to the other side when I'm angry because life was not fair to me? Or do I keep quiet because challenging someone's values is upsetting to them?

What can I say? Do whichever one you think is best. But I think you're wrong about people being upset because you challenge values. They're upset because of things I've previously mentioned. You put them under a spotlight, paraphrasing them in such a way that frames the argument as though you're being victimised.

And let's talk consistency. Say someone wants to challenge your values, should they keep quiet just because challenging your values is upsetting you?

Blarraun said:

Given the history of how situations like this end up when people try to, 'resolve' them privately and then they spill over into the forum and cause the moderators headaches with some endless back and forth, "he said she said" travesty...No.

Which is why I requested this thread stay open, because at least that way there's an open and public discussion/paper-trail over whatever unfolds regarding this perceived issue.

Say I went the other way and got upset and I wanted it closed, then what? BAP complains that mods unfairly close threads (again) and that whole topic starts anew. Or maybe instead of that he starts to send me long PM's full of prying questions that I don't like. You could speculate any number of possibilities, but I don't really see a need for this to go to PM's - which you're not allowed to post, and therefore any interactions and therefore problems that occur within them enter that realm of, "he said she said".

And more than that, what message does that send out really? If you act like a victim you'll be rewarded with moderator pity and your wishes shall be granted? Maybe that's fine once, but when it becomes an actual trend and the mods finally lose their patience, you get what we have now. BAP has played the card of innocent neutrality for so long and dragged out so many issues that moderators wanted to lie dormant, to the point that I can only assume it becomes quite literal and physical stress/frustration for them.

So for that reason if anyone was to ever PM or VM me with an 'issue' like this, I'd just tell them to either bring it up with the moderators initially or to make a public complaint about it.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->

But how else am I suppposed to enjoy this bucket of popcorn and 64 oz soda??

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
-->
Needs work. You can keep butter off the popcorn and take a 32 ouncer instead. Substitute some nice rabbit food and get a juicer.

Ex-User (9086)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Given the history of how situations like this end up when people try to, 'resolve' them privately and then they spill over into the forum and cause the moderators headaches with some endless back and forth, "he said she said" travesty...No.

Which is why I requested this thread stay open, because at least that way there's an open and public discussion/paper-trail over whatever unfolds regarding this perceived issue.
That is what I have left unvoiced, let this be a form of a processual problem solving that will benefit or close the right things.
After pulling several strings the puppet master should feel the movement of his doll. This show is forced, but there may be an entertaining conclusion.

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
-->
We agree on that. Public discussion will leave a trail. I'm stlll worried about ground rules. Will you have control over the thread closing? Will I get the door slammed if I mess up? Not to forget I hope to be informed should I mess up and would like the chance to self-correct without a door slam. I keep in mind I had a thread, "Agreeing to disagree."

What can I say? Do whichever one you think is best. But I think you're wrong about people being upset because you challenge values. They're upset because of things I've previously mentioned. You put them under a spotlight, paraphrasing them in such a way that frames the argument as though you're being victimised.
I withhold a response to that unless you want me to speak.

And let's talk consistency. Say someone wants to challenge your values, should they keep quiet just because challenging your values is upsetting you?
Feel free to challenge my values. I think you're getting there. What would bother me is a hit and run. Hit me and then close the thread. That's a loser for me.

BAP has played the card of innocent neutrality for so long and dragged out so many issues that moderators wanted to lie dormant, to the point that I can only assume it becomes quite literal and physical stress/frustration for them.
RB pardon me if I skipped some stuff. It's okay if you wish to renew them but the above caught my attention. I admit I favor neutrality and you may ask me about that if you wish. I don't get into that because I'm not asked. I do have an "Ask BAP" thread but no one asks me personal questions, one of the things you said I don't respond to. Too dangerous?

I wrote the Explain thread because I was highly motivated to explain. I hoped to try and get feedback and clarify any communication failures. I actually love to try to explain things. I wanted to neutralize that upsetting topic. This is where the moderators came in. What puzzles me is why they didn't leave it alone? Why didn't they lay back? What if they jump in here right now? I'd feel derailed right away.

You speak of my making myself a victim. I will use the word, "censorship." Suppose someone else comes along and wants to discuss a topic. How controversial can it get? Suppose half the people are enjoying the topic and the other half are upset? What do we do? We can close the thread because half the people are upset. We could say to the upset people, "Hang in there, wait in the background, see what happens. Maybe your grievances will be addressed." We could reprimand and punish those who brought up the topic in the first place. What to do?

Suppose the decision is censorship? Is it closed for all time? Is it a hot potato not to be touched? If the issue is a person what if he's gone? That would mean no interruptions by him and the topic can be discussed until everyone is satisfied. Think psychology or sociology. Maybe this forum isn't ready for that. Maybe it needs a greater maturity. Or have I just said the wrong thing ... again?

BTW: You pointed out I try to interrogate others while revealing nothing of myself. Damn. I find myself asking you more questions instead of addressing my motives. I'm compelled to ask you, "How am I doing so far?"

Latte

Preferably Not Redundant
Local time
Today 9:38 AM
-->
I'm compelled to ask you

Relax your body and try to inhabit the other's perspective. If it doesn't work, have patience and sit for a while and maybe something else fruitious emerges.

It appears to me that you have a tendency to allow relatively discrete thinking to be a crutch where other ways of processing information is vastly superior and you impose the usage and handling of this crutch upon others by making their responses to such to a large degree a necessary component in this processing as well as forcing them to adopt and conform to it for the conversation.

Human communities are to some extent viewable as overlapping-function modular computation, but taking it too far is very taxing for indviduals. Sometimes one has to figure out things for oneself or just let things be, for the sake of others.

I harbor you no ill will and like some of your posts a lot, but I have at times been guilty of simply not responding to you in some cases where the topic interests me and I felt I have something to say. Also I sometimes don't read your input in some threads because your way of communication is quite taxing in a way that to me seems like it should be unnecessary. I know several others also have adapted the same habit in regards your posts. Which is sad, because you often have unique and weird perspectives on things.

If the manner in which you sometimes act... the way of acting which is the principal grievance uttered to you in this thread... if it is truly necessary to enable you to personally develop understanding, the utalitarian solution probably lies with you to make conversing in that manner less necessary. One way to do so is to attempt to develop or take into use alternate paths to understanding, something which is executable within the mindspace you currently operate.

Also, in cases where understanding or net benefit to others does not seem like the primary goal, taxing others in this manner will not merely tend to be regarded as less than courteous.

In closing, assuming you aren't pretending not to understand the nature of the behavioral pattern there are grievances against, you don't need to ask more questions. Quite the contrary. You need to derive things, and probably in ways that aren't your go-to ways, but ways nonetheless likely available to you. If you can't find any such way with conscious effort, I recommend intensive meditation for several hours per day over some weeks at minimum or substance intake induced psychedelic experiences, though the latter can be risky.

edited for errors in phrasing

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
-->
Thank you Latte. I'll keep what you said in mind. My wife tells me I'm a "Type A" personality. Always moving around, getting into things sometimes where I don't belong. I can't please everyone and it looks like I've more than displeased some. Unfortunate. I'd like to see if I've exhausted redbaron yet. I need his enlightenment where I'm in the dark.

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->
BAP said:
I wrote the Explain thread because I was highly motivated to explain. I hoped to try and get feedback and clarify any communication failures. I actually love to try to explain things. I wanted to neutralize that upsetting topic.

That's the thing, the topic is already neutralized. Lyra's been gone for a long time, everyone else is over, except you it seems. The only person who is conceivably still upset is you.

No one needs an explanation. The drama between Lyra and you and Lyra et al. went on ad nauseum. The only person who still hasn't moved on is apparently you.

What's sad is that the same patterns are now forming in this thread and it looks like I'm the next Lyra, and I wonder if in light of what I've just told you, you're even capable of leaving this topic alone.

To note, other people don't make threads just to talk about other people's specific motives. Although I'm not fazed by it, the premise of this thread is pretty much the same as the Lyra thread and sets the stage for this whole thing to end up much the same way.

As it is, I'm going to be less responsive from this point. I wonder if you're capable moving past this, without bringing me into every second thread you contribute to like you did with Lyra.

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
-->
That's the thing, the topic is already neutralized. Lyra's been gone for a long time, everyone else is over, except you it seems. The only person who is conceivably still upset is you.
There is a misunderstanding here. I was and am not upset at all by the Lyra thing. Forget it. I was cool. Take a look at my writing in that thread. Does it show any sign of upset?

Guess where the upset is coming from? It's coming from the censorship. It's coming from those who interrupted my work on that thread. Now to be fair I know they came from the premise predicting upset. But I say it didn't happen. I did at least a C+ to B+ job on being fair. Even Lyra might approve because I wanted to honor his work. And what's wrong with anyone reviewing and commenting favorably on his work?

Already neutralized? I wanted to go over and summarize it for those who asked about the topic. I don't recall how or who brought it up, but that's what I wanted to do. Believe me I can look at things with many perspective. In mathematics, people are not content to prove something once*. They want to prove it many ways from many points of views plus simplification. The purpose is simplified understanding. Looks like I failed for those who interrupted. Looking back I failed for them.

What's sad is that the same patterns are now forming in this thread and it looks like I'm the next Lyra, and I wonder if in light of what I've just told you, you're even capable of leaving this topic alone.
It's hard for me to answer that. I've had many discussions. I recall one with Proxy on economics. I can leave that alone because we left it at a point where we agreed to disagree. I've had many many conversations on this forum where the topic is dormant and left alone. Why is this one different? You say you are the next Lyra. Can't be. You are too tough. You aren't like him at all.

To note, other people don't make threads just to talk about other people's specific motives. Although I'm not fazed by it, the premise of this thread is pretty much the same as the Lyra thread and sets the stage for this whole thing to end up much the same way.
I don't follow you. Can you explain what you mean?

As it is, I'm going to be less responsive from this point. I wonder if you're capable moving past this, without bringing me into every second thread you contribute to like you did with Lyra.
Hmm. I don't know what to make of that. What would you say to bringing someone new into this thread? ... not those who have already bashed me or you. Someone with a different view. What would you say?

*Did you know the Pythagorean Theorem has proved dozens of ways? Fascinating stuff.

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
-->
Depends if they are dangerous, inflammatory, lies, gossip, solutions to problems, creative, informing, etc.

Why, do you have one? Is it secret?

Kuu

>>Loading
Local time
-->

No one needs an explanation. The drama between Lyra and you and Lyra et al. went on ad nauseum. The only person who still hasn't moved on is apparently you.

^^^

There is a misunderstanding here. I was and am not upset at all by the Lyra thing. Forget it. I was cool. Take a look at my writing in that thread. Does it show any sign of upset?

Guess where the upset is coming from? It's coming from the censorship.

Already neutralized? I wanted to go over and summarize it for those who asked about the topic. I don't recall how or who brought it up, but that's what I wanted to do.

Hmmmmm...

Baron I forgot to thank you last year for reminding me of harassments and obsessions. I'm sure you are eager to help me out. Thank you especially for reminding me of that "L" obsession. I had forgotten about it until you brought it up. Do you want me to resume the obsession and report back to you ... or would that be taken as harassing you?

After all I recall a mistake I made with L and I am slow learning all the lessons.

Added: I don't want to forget this: Please. Please. Please let me know if you feel I'm harassing you so I can intensify said harassment and I will cease immediately.

1-4-4. I started to write this morning about how I would look back on the L experience for its relevance to my questioned Fe adjustment as it is today. But I stopped, not because I don't want to but because it's tiring. I need to be more obsessed guys. Redbaron do you want to be my muse? Egg me on?:D I read your stuff. You are a pretty good critic. Don't answer that.

Last night that guy named "........................." mentioned closure. Closure itself is a topic. What I am supposed to do? Create a thread on that or talk about it myself? Closure is what I lack on the moderator-BAP controversy. It's the bringing out of Inter-group dynamics that's been percolating in my mind that isn't closed and would bring closure. The trouble is I don't want any Inter-group dynamics to focus on the moderator-BAP controversy.

Closure.

I wasn't thinking of the L thing. I can try to close that anytime. With that I made a mistake of not catching something at the very beginning and I wanted to say what it was and see if I could fix it. Since it's history, most won't be interested.

1-16-14. I don't think my first clash, the one with "L", is a hot issue just now, so I'm reluctant to pursue it. Most people who know about it know the overall issue and probably consider it closed. It is not closed, but dormant for me because I think "F" or feeling people are an interesting issue.

:rolleyes:

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
-->
I have enjoyed my conversion with redbaron and got to know him a little better. I have learned an awful lot. Here is what I've learned:

1. Talking to redbaron causes a lot of facepalming.
2. Others see me as "absolutely creepy."
3. I want redbaron to be Lyra another poster but that's not going to happen.
4. I like to play victim cards but since others have played that, I lack originality.
5. Sometimes another poster will drop by, feel embarrassed and leave.
6. If I called someone a pedophile, it would be like calling someone a pedophile, but not exactly like a pedophile.
7. I am either innocent or knowing but can't be sure if both.
8. I'm either aware or unaware that I'm paraphrasing forum rules.
9. That I'm motivated to make this thread and that is unfair ... or something like that (mis-paraphase).
10. I'm capable of mis-paraphrasing.
11. Naked men with large nipples chest appendages can be peeping Toms.
12. Moderators aren't paid to coddle preschoolers.
13. Moderators are impatient with "hornet's nests of drama."
14. Single people become annoyed when I frame they are attacking me.
15. Do not make a thread called, "Ask Fukyo" else Fukyo has a reaction.
16. Name-dropping Absurdity could be unfair and absurd.
17. When people speculate about me it makes me angry which causes speculation.
18. Some people will laugh at our conversion out of the blue and not give a reason.
19. Chest appendages can draw a lot of interest.
20. If other people had conversations like this one, they might learn what I just did.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
I don't know whether to rate this thread as 5 stars for the entertainment or 1 star for the endless frustration.

Maybe we need to re-architect the entire thread rating system, which is obviously deficient as it is incapable of handling this thread. Hhhmmmmm.... yes. By jove, I think that's it! Can the mods move this into the Feedback section? You guys have a LOT of programming to do!

Base groove

Banned
Local time
-->
A public message to BigApplePi,

Habituation is the very most basic form of learning, along with sensitization, its opposite.

"Habituation is a form of learning in which an organism ceases to respond to a stimulus after repeated presentations."
"Sensitization is a learning process where repeated administrations of a stimulus results in the progressive amplification of a response."

Another interesting thing about sensitization is that it is deemed "non-associative" which means this: the response is no longer contingent on a specific stimulus, instead a response is given to a whole spectrum of similarly classed stimuli. In humans, it can appear as irritable or exacerbated mood and overt frustration.

What does this mean to you??

Hint: both of these basic psychological phenomena are relevant to this thread and beyond ...

Ex-User (9062)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Convo w/ redbaron derail and warning

I'm actually surprised to think about even the possibility of having a "dialogue" with redbaron going.
I'm pretty much used to one-liners.
@all: do you want to make an old man look like he doesn't comprehend the basic rules of human exchange of ideas??

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
-->

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
-->
A public message to BigApplePi,

Habituation is the very most basic form of learning, along with sensitization, its opposite.

"Habituation is a form of learning in which an organism ceases to respond to a stimulus after repeated presentations."
"Sensitization is a learning process where repeated administrations of a stimulus results in the progressive amplification of a response."

Another interesting thing about sensitization is that it is deemed "non-associative" which means this: the response is no longer contingent on a specific stimulus, instead a response is given to a whole spectrum of similarly classed stimuli. In humans, it can appear as irritable or exacerbated mood and overt frustration.

What does this mean to you??

Hint: both of these basic psychological phenomena are relevant to this thread and beyond ...
You've got it. It means I'd rather talk about ideas. We can start with the idea of Lyra ... I mean the idea of redbaron ... no. I mean the idea of whether or not people can be gossiped about ... no ... I mean whether the way people ACT can be talked about.

Begin here:
1. _______________
2. _______________
3. _______________

Base groove

Banned
Local time
-->
Hey look man I'm not gonna be the one to play your silly game. If you grasped those concepts so well you would be able to use them to your advantage.

Cherry Cola

Banned
Local time
-->
Protip to BAP: Stop trying to "fix" anything about the situation, take a break from posting for a few days, reread the whole thing starting in whatever thread things took a wrong turn ending with this one, keep on not posting for a few days again.

You need to clear your head of this shit and then take it in as a whole from an outsiders detached perspective; hence what I suggested you do.
Remember that forums are social places, they are for the most part governed by norm, to a certain degree you simply have to fit in and realize that no matter how logical you think you're being it doesn't matter if you're stepping on toes; poking your nose and being annoying. It doesn't matter what you points you make or what faults you spot in others when all that takes place in this thread which is but just a branch on a tree.

And speaking of logic, if you look at things inductively then you are always at the heart of these repeated conflicts.

Finally, for gods sake stop trying to "fix" shit.

Ex-User (9062)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Hey look man I'm not gonna be the one to play your silly game. If you grasped those concepts so well you would be able to use them to your advantage.

Aha.
If something's really f*cking stupid you will incorporate it into your thinking and make an advantage out of it?
Good idea.
On the paper.

Base groove

Banned
Local time
-->
Aha.
If something's really f*cking stupid you will incorporate it into your thinking and make an advantage out of it?
Good idea.
On the paper.

I want to know what you mean by this, would you mind explaining it a different way?

Top Bottom