• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Criticism of Radical Acceptance

Duxwing

I've Overcome Existential Despair
Local time
Today 4:25 PM
-->
You lucked out that Polaris is quite grounded and mentally resilient and found no offence. But you really could have wrecked someone's day/week/month by carelessly trashing on someone's open wounds. This kind of joking should only be done with people you know enough to be certain they won't mind, and even then it's just best not to.

Yeah. >_<

Don't post when angry. Nor with bad sleep. Triple check your judgment. And do remember people aren't logicbots.

Yes.

Cool-headed apology appreciated.

:)

-Duxwing

Local time
Today 10:25 PM
-->
The idea of 'radical acceptance', or, what may also be called 'unconditional love', is nihilistic, and self-contradictory - it denies or represses one's own judgment and feelings.

It is a destructive idea which feigns morality.

The idea dis-arms and subverts defensive mechanisms within a population.

It makes people passive, inhibiting their resistance, and reducing their sensitivity.

It is totally immoral.

It appeals to emotion, to those who lack historical perspectives, and thus, lack or fail to understand boundaries, or those who otherwise are able to perceive them, and recognize an obstacle in relation to their objectives, and thus, wish to destroy them.

Ex-User (13503)

Local time
Today 9:25 PM
-->
*scans through thread* Nothing ITT seems to actually be about radical acceptance. It seems like OP presents a flawed understanding, and others run with it. Looks like AngelOne tried though.

True radical acceptance is learning not to give a shit about things beyond your control. What's so bad about that? Learn what you can from the experience and move on.

Seteleechete

Together forever
Local time
Today 10:25 PM
-->
Huh, I thought radical acceptance was supposed to be justification/acceptance of "radical" actions, of course it's a thin line what counts as justification/acceptance and what counts as understanding in that hypothetical debate.

Ex-User (13503)

Local time
Today 9:25 PM
-->
Huh, I thought radical acceptance was supposed to be justification/acceptance of "radical" actions, of course it's a thin line what counts as justification/acceptance and what counts as understanding in that hypothetical debate.
Nah, it's a concept used in DBT. It has a pretty broad application, but it's especially useful in xNFx folks.

Actually, scratch that. I won't limit its applicability.

Top Bottom