• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Display of Intuition through artistic ability

ProblumSOlvR

Bull****
Local time
Today 6:51 AM
-->
I drew this with a plain paper mate ink pen.I have drawn very little in my life only once to this level of focus.I drew what I saw on the cover of Fahrenheit 451° on my second try because you will notice a small line where I went to start the top of his head.It is not perfect but you can be the judge.

Attachments

• IMG_20140414_113322_612.jpg
    IMG_20140414_113322_612.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 291

ProblumSOlvR

Bull****
Local time
-->
I am wanting to know if any other INTPs have an astounding ability with near non in practice.

TheManBeyond

Banned
Local time
-->
Objects in the mirror might look closer than they

Brontosaurie

Banned
Local time
Today 7:51 AM
-->
i've found practice usually just frustrates my ability to keep my "shit" together when drawing. but i suspect that's because i never really committed to a routine.

i saw something really interesting on this blog called "ribbonfarm" which i think the user Absurdity linked in a thread some time back.

http://www.ribbonfarm.com/2014/11/05/dont-surround-yourself-with-smarter-people/

it's not so much about what the title says. i specifically refer to the bit about "philosopher's insomnia" which i reckon an INxP thing (or perhaps xNxP). it's a hyper-awareness of the risk of getting perceptually trapped in some specific skillset, such that one abhors practice and the honing of whatever talent one discovers. the INxP is often described, and i think succinctly, as more concerned with potential than with execution, development and attainment, and we can get bored with anything that we have defined the rough nature of and thus reduced to a "formula". compare to an Ni type who can comfortably spend a life perfecting what they have determined to be their definitive stylistic amalgam.

computerhxr

Village Idiot
Local time
Yesterday 10:51 PM
-->
Yes, I am the same way. I can pick up new artistic mediums at an advanced level without practice.

I have always considered science and art to be one in the same. I am an engineer by profession, but an artist at heart (and profession).

The sad thing is that engineering is in much greater demand than art. I am transitioning to more art and marketing and less engineering because it is an extremely taxing profession. I recharge by artistic expression which makes be a better engineer.

Many have considered it to be a natural talent, but I am just focused and determined in every pursuit that I take (if I'm passionate about it). To me, art and creativity is very technical and concrete, as well as abstract and expressive. Copying art is more technical than abstract which is a left brained function.

The following video is a dominantly right brained artist that understands the universe from an abstract perspective. At about 4:40 he explains how he uses intuition to paint which results in a very interesting technical and creative piece of art.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MJTb4cAcTc

He suggests that creating Mandalas is a great way to connect the left and right sides of the brain. Meditation is another way to balance your cognitive flow.

ProblumSOlvR

Bull****
Local time
-->
My argument for its birth from intuition is that I took small lines and intersected them to complete the big picture.I focused on the degree and length of the lines to get an intuitive guess of where they should stop.I have an OK picture memory so I know it is somewhere in there.When I focus all my attention outward I stop thinking only seeing the smallest details(almost like the meditation I listened to when my mind sayed to stop drawing a line or size proportionate) my mind told me what my eyes could not see.I'm referring to my mind as intuition.My mind knew the picture, while I analyzed the smallest lines it told me where to put them to for the final result.Like a puzzle. I am also about as good at coping pitch,I'm pretty good at singing.Like an INTP I don't like attention so virtually no one knows of either talent.

ProblumSOlvR

Bull****
Local time
-->
To the man beyond.INFP I know being observant and thinking isn't really your thing so I would like to point out your on an INTP forum.

k9b4

Banned
Local time
Today 3:21 PM
-->
Idk, I think drawing skill is more of a sensing thing.

I think using intuition in drawing would be making the drawing mean something which is not immediately obvious.

TheManBeyond

Banned
Local time
-->
Objects in the mirror might look closer than they
To the man beyond.INFP I know being observant and thinking isn't really your thing so I would like to point out your on an INTP forum.

In fact i studied technical drawing with autocad, solidworks and overall stuff related to design in a technical vocational course (idunno how it is exactly called in english) so even if i am an XNFP it is not that weird to me. :rolleyes:
As for free hand drawing i think i'm relatively good for the little time i spend practicing it. I just prefer to skip technical stuff, i just can't follow. Imo it is more a S thing and for me it's quite boring.

this one is an attempt at one national geographic cover (not the best pic tho)

uXcdNYF.jpg

this one is original:

0Y4N3cO.jpg

ProblumSOlvR

Bull****
Local time
-->
It is a sensing thing.To see it but intuition to recreate it.If you have ever seen someone draw who can't which is most.It usually comes out distorted large on one side completely uneven.They focused on that small area then another and when they bring it all together it looks like crap.They where trying to draw what they see, I drew what my mind saw.The two pictures where quite different in size so there is that compensation.I don't draw often at All when I do its to this detail otherwise its too easy and boring.But that kind of focus is draining to me, I just want to stop so my mind if free to think.I have been wondering if Im on the ASD or have aspergers because of my high attention to detail and can remember what I was thinking when I was 4.I started talking very young 8months whole sentences, an uncle pointed it out saying I shouldn't be talking I'm too young.When he said that to me I did not speak when he came around.To computerhxr maybe I'm a strong left brain thinker.From what I've read Einstein was a right brain thinker but then we share INTP how does that work am I actually INTJ or something.

Top Bottom