• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Do you actively try to be the worse person?

Nick

Frozen Fighter
Local time
Today 10:44 AM
-->
Simply to let everyone else outshine you, seeing how everyone else works and how relationships evolve over-time.

Pfness

Local time
Today 2:44 PM
-->
Simply to let everyone else outshine you, seeing how everyone else works and how relationships evolve over-time.

I wouldn't say actively being the worst person, but I do get what you're implying. I tend to do the same thing for observing people in order to see how they act in a non-threatened/non-competitive state. I don't think this is specific to INTP's though as I've seen all sorts of people employ or admit to doing this kind of behavior.

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
Today 5:44 PM
-->
I don't even have to try.

computerhxr

Village Idiot
Local time
Today 12:44 AM
-->

Yes. No one likes a know-it-all. Plus, most people don't care to have deep or intellectual conversations. I've always been embarrassed by my abilities because other people have to work hard to be good at things, and it's easy for me so I try to do a bad job.

It's tough when I meet people who have above average intelligence. They are used to being the smartest person in the room so they get super jealous when they aren't. I just try to steer the conversation in another direction. It's intellectual vanity and it's just as bad as being caring too much about how you look.

Also, I've noticed that people's eyes glaze over when I try to have an intellectual conversation with them. I started using this forum so that I could find other people that I could relate to. I feel like I've only met maybe 4 people here that I can relate with. The rest of them are so reactive to different opinions that you can't even have a real conversation with them. I guess they are used to being the smartest person in the room too, so everything they say must be fact. Um... Anything anyone ever says is opinion regardless of what the facts are.

The people who I enjoy the most are philosophers, hippies, and wise old men. They are the easiest to communicate with and it's impossible for anyone to outshine anyone else.

I'm assuming you do the same?

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->
I've been taking notes. Really want to try my hand at being a dick;)

There's no trick to being a dick. Just stick yourself in any hole you can find with total disregard for consequences.

Direwolf

Local time
-->
Damn im not a philospher, hippie or old man. Ah well by default im the smartest person in this room. So... I have that. In regards to the thread, not always but it is fun to try your hand at being a dick, but i cant do it for that long

computerhxr

Village Idiot
Local time
-->
Damn im not a philospher, hippie or old man. Ah well by default im the smartest person in this room. So... I have that. In regards to the thread, not always but it is fun to try your hand at being a dick, but i cant do it for that long

Hahah! I know what you mean. I am very selective about being a dick to only those who are deserving of dickery. It's fun sometimes.

Philosophically speaking, can anyone really be a dick? Like if someone is a dick in the middle of a forest, and no one is there to be dicked around, is that person really a dick?

Or, if someone thinks about being a dick all of the time, but never takes any action; is that person a dick? :rolleyes:

StevenM

beep
Local time
Today 3:44 AM
-->
Philosophically speaking, can anyone really be a dick? Like if someone is a dick in the middle of a forest, and no one is there to be dicked around, is that person really a dick?

I presume his existence is still predominantly a dick, but the terms become more complex. In that moment, he is better defined as a prick.

Or, if someone thinks about being a dick all of the time, but never takes any action; is that person a dick? :rolleyes:

Then it may be appropriate to define him a dickhead.
:phear:

Idunno

Local time
Today 8:44 AM
-->
I presume his existence is still predominantly a dick, but the terms become more complex. In that moment, he is better defined as a prick.

Then it may be appropriate to define him a dickhead.
:phear:

Wow i didnt know dick, prick, dickhead were all separate adjectives to describe a person. What is a dickwad?

Being an arrogant intp named Richard doesn't help at all in this sense :rolleyes:

Pyropyro

Magos Biologis
Local time
Today 3:44 PM
-->
I don't prefer to be the worst person in the group since I have a "he get things done" reputation to take care of. However, if people are being a load then I simply leave the organization. I do check them from time to time but their development isn't my priority for study.

Direwolf

Local time
-->
Hahah! I know what you mean. I am very selective about being a dick to only those who are deserving of dickery. It's fun sometimes.

1st para: it can be cant it? I shall only use my power of dickery for good!!!

2nd: he could still be a dick, like take a squirrels nuts?

3rd: he is a dick head. He is being a dick- in-his-head. Hence dickhead. I get the feeling though people use that term for different meanings. Ah well still applies.

On a rare occasion if im haveing a fleeting moment of empathy ill be a mega dick to take the heat of someone that is only being a situational dick( sad from something at home so directs anger at others)

computerhxr

Village Idiot
Local time
-->
1st para: it can be cant it? I shall only use my power of dickery for good!!!

2nd: he could still be a dick, like take a squirrels nuts?

3rd: he is a dick head. He is being a dick- in-his-head. Hence dickhead. I get the feeling though people use that term for different meanings. Ah well still applies.

On a rare occasion if im haveing a fleeting moment of empathy ill be a mega dick to take the heat of someone that is only being a situational dick( sad from something at home so directs anger at others)

1st: Yeah, I am nice to pretty much everyone except for dicks.

My downstairs neighbor kept parking his truck in front of my garage so I would have to deal with him before I could leave. When he has company over, he has them park in front of my garage too. He's got like 200lbs on me, and he keeps trying to intimidate me.

One day I was taking my mom out for mothers day, and he parked blocking the entire driveway and said something incoherently as I passed by.

I turned around and said, "Wha'd you say?!" And he's like... "Can you be quieter, I was trying to make a call."

Me: "We walk on egg shells trying not to make noise, and this is the first time I've had my mom here and I'm taking her out for mothers day."

Him: "We'll can you try to be quieter?"

Me: "Are you serious?"...

Then he keeps repeating himself and coming up with reasons that didn't make sense. He also said we were the quietest neighbors he's ever had. At some point I lose it.

Me: "You're just an asshole! You park in front of my garage like an asshole, you pound on the walls like an asshole, and you're the noisiest fucking neighbor here."

... Yeah, he pounds on the walls 3 times each time he hears anything. After he does it a few times I start stomping on the ground 3 times to let him know I get the message. Hahaha... It shakes the building when I stomp.

Him: "I do it so that you know..." I cut him off because I've been telling my GF that he is just waiting outside to be a dick, and he just voluntarily said he does it to on purpose.

Me: "You're a fucking asshole!" ... I go on calling him names while he just says more to piss me off.

I was waiting for him to hit me or something but he's really passive aggressive.

It was awesome! He doesn't mess with me anymore.

His truck is several feet longer than any other truck in the parking spaces. Here's how he parks...

[bimgx=600]http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag448/computerhxr/oversized-truck_zpsd1b7ba44.jpg[/bimgx]

He never takes the hitch off.

[bimgx=600]http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag448/computerhxr/oversized-hitch_zpsf01883eb.jpg[/bimgx]

You can see my car parked next to it. It doesn't even reach the end of his extended cab. I'm thinking of buying a truck that's exactly the same and parking it in my spot so that he can't ever park in his spot again.

He ended up getting another truck with duel back wheels. He has such a hard time parking it, and he already scratched it. Hahaha!

2nd: I was referring to the fact that someone needs to be offended for someone to be a dick. People try to be dicks to me sometimes but it doesn't bother me, so are they really dicks?

3rd: Hahahah! I love it!

Direwolf

Local time
-->
What a dick!!! People get big cars like that because their compensating. Im not saying everyone does it to compensate but all dicks do.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
Today 3:44 AM
-->
I don't even have to try.

I think you deserve a "Walter H. White Humility Award" for this.

---

*reads rest of thread*

:ahh: Wow, we hit Initial Dick Saturation at post #4 and never looked back....

Helvete

Pizdec
Local time
-->
But what when you just can't find a hole? :o

Helvete

Pizdec
Local time
-->
There's no trick to being a dick. Just stick yourself in any hole you can find with total disregard for consequences.

But what when you just can't find a hole? :o

Sent from my GT-S5839i using Tapatalk 2

Top Bottom