• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Forum Death Pool

Local time
Today 11:20 PM
-->
Seeing as the glorified hall monitors have adjusted the rules in such a way that nearly anything can now be considered a banworthy nuisance, which users are next to be cast off the mountain, and when? This isn't about who you want to be banned, just who you think will be.

Pick a user and give an exact date you expect them to be banned. If they're banned on that date or within 1 week before or after that date, you win! :cheerleaderkitties:

*Winners get to choose week long user titles for anyone who chose the wrong date for the user in question that month. Multiple user titles will rollover on a weekly basis until all are used.

Choices rollover on a monthly basis, so you get only 1 anticipated ban date per user per month. However, a pick made several months ago is still valid if the ban date falls into place!

June's more than half gone, folks! Get your picks in!
bkt-bill+5.jpg
*user title lasts 2 weeks if the banned user has 1,000 or more posts or has been a member for at least 6 months.

Local time
-->
June picks:

THD: August 14, 2014
Salmoneous: November 19th, 2014
Cognisant: March 13th, 2015
Cherry Cola: October 4, 2014
EyeSeeCold: January 8, 2015
Quicktwist: July 12, 2014
Duxwing: July 30, 2014
Lot: June 24, 2015

TheScornedReflex

(Per) Version of a truth.
Local time
Tomorrow 10:20 AM
-->
I would put me down, but I'm not active enough to cause any trouble or be noticed. Right fascists mods? :angel:

Local time
-->
crimethink!!

THD will be rendered unperson by thinkpol before the end of the summer solstice 2014.

Pyropyro

Magos Biologis
Local time
Tomorrow 6:20 AM
-->
*Reads the rules then raises hand*

Is lollygagging allowed?

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
Today 3:20 PM
-->
TheHabitatDoctor said:
*Winners get to choose week long user titles for anyone who chose the wrong date for the user in question. Multiple user titles will rollover on a weekly basis until all are used.
What if you picked yourself and won?

xlDarhQ.jpg

The Gopher

President
Local time
Tomorrow 8:20 AM
-->
I thought the title was "Deadpool" and went to look for Reflex.

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 11:20 AM
-->
THD: September 11th 2014

Cognisant: When the seventh seal is broken and a host of angels descend from heaven to punish him for his crimes against humanity and the natural order.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
Today 6:20 PM
-->
THD: September 11th 2014

Cognisant: When the seventh seal is broken and a host of angels descend from heaven to punish him for his crimes against humanity and the natural order.

Cognisant: June 20, 2014: Banned for delusions of grandeur.

*Reads the rules then raises hand*
Is lollygagging allowed?

:confused:

It depends: How big is the lolly?

Latte

Preferably Not Redundant
Local time
Tomorrow 12:20 AM
-->
Latte for harassing Latte through naming Latte in this thread July 2014.

The rules were always all-encompassing when it came to possible interpretation. Now that what constitutes being a nuisance is clarified (albeit still quite broad), the parameters for being banned according to the moderation guidelines are actually more narrow.

The previous, broader definition just wasn't strongly enforced, as many people whose consistent behavior was considered a nuisance by the majority of the mods were/are not banished to the shadow realm from whence they came upon the realization that they were in fact, a nuisance.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->

Oh why oh why do people always hurt the ones they love most?

ae2f0f8089.png

20th of June, 2014.
Jennywocky banned for misinterpreting the time-gap, creating a space-time discontinuity.

I consider that a Value-Added Service, not a hindrance.
smiley-taunt013.gif

It's a space-time discontinuity! THAT ROCKS!

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I'm like herpes, you'll never be rid of me :D

Cavallier

Oh damn.
Local time
-->
June picks:

THD: August 14, 2014
Salmoneous: November 19th, 2014
Cognisant: March 13th, 2015
Cherry Cola: October 4, 2014
EyeSeeCold: January 8, 2015
quicktwist: July 12, 2014
Duxwing: July 30, 2014
Lot: June 24, 2015

But...but...I LIKE most of those people.

*fades into the darkness leaving everyone to wonder: What does she mean by "most"?* :D

Local time
-->

The rules were always all-encompassing when it came to possible interpretation. Now that what constitutes being a nuisance is clarified (albeit still quite broad), the parameters for being banned according to the moderation guidelines are actually more narrow.

The previous, broader definition just wasn't strongly enforced, as many people whose consistent behavior was considered a nuisance by the majority of the mods were/are not banished to the shadow realm from whence they came upon the realization that they were in fact, a nuisance.
Sure, but that doesn't give me an excuse to make this thread or use the phrase "glorified hall monitors," now does it? :p
But...but...I LIKE most of those people.

*fades into the darkness leaving everyone to wonder: What does she mean by "most"?* :D
"most" = the majority of the 8 listed = 1-3 heads on the chopping block. Looks like someone's getting a user title...

Hawkeye

Banned
Local time
-->
Hawkeye - 20/21st June 2014

Reason: Thinking the admins are complete muppets for altering the rules to the most vague bullshit ever.

(Cirrusly, sum of dem sugessions are hillaryiously dum",)

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
Is it considering cheating to set yourself up like that?

Hawkeye

Banned
Local time
-->
Is it considering cheating to set yourself up like that?

It's not in the rules, besides, what do I have to gain? ^^

Giumbai June 2014
Reason: Poor Spelling and Grammar

I would like to add to my personal banning reason and it will go as follows:

• Using the above as a case study to highlight how stupid some of these rules are because non-native English speakers are bound to make mistakes. :D
  • Getting on the admin's tits.
  • These posts will no doubt be classified as passive aggressive.

TheScornedReflex

(Per) Version of a truth.
Local time
Tomorrow 10:20 AM
-->
Hawkeye won by losing? Mother fucker!!! Does that mean Cavvie gets to choose custom user titles for us?

Grayman

Soul Shade
Local time
-->
I figured I'd made on at least one persons list considering my collection of warnings. Then again I think making it on THD's list would mean I get to stay. He seems to have picked a group of people that are more established and have shown an ability to stay within the expectations.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
Hawkeye cheated. No fair!

The Gopher

President
Local time
Tomorrow 8:20 AM
-->
Gotta admit, Hawkeye chose the best way to go out.

Steven Gerrard

Singing or frowning
Local time
-->
I am impressed Habitat Doctor. I am off the same mind.

What would be more interesting to me is to measure the percentage of newcomers who are banned in online communities with usernames and persona's. I would hypothesize that the average is that %60 of new members are banned.

Which if it is true, is an astonishing figure to me.

Was Hawkeye a mod?

When are you going to get banned Habitat Doctor?

Local time
-->
I only added people who were currently logged in when I made the OP.

Grayman: June 30, 2014
Paradoxparadigm7: December 19, 2014
Animekitty: September 8, 2014
ApostateAbe: September 14, 2014
Own8ge: July 15, 2014

Local time
-->
  • Using the above as a case study to highlight how stupid some of these rules are because non-native English speakers are bound to make mistakes. :D
  • Getting on the admin's tits.
  • These posts will no doubt be classified as passive aggressive.

I am impressed Habitat Doctor. I am off the same mind.

What would be more interesting to me is to measure the percentage of newcomers who are banned in online communities with usernames and persona's. I would hypothesize that the average is that %60 of new members are banned.

Which if it is true, is an astonishing figure to me.

Was Hawkeye a mod?

When are you going to get banned Habitat Doctor?
Hawkeye wasn't a mod. :slashnew: 60% is a bit high.

Sometimes in order to get banned you've got to do/say/type something (because words hurt for some reason)
picture.php
and then invite the mods to consciously 1) recognize and then 2) ignore their favoritism towards you. But obviously there's a ridiculous amount of effort required and newcomers don't get banned because madmin apparently need to see 1000+ posts and/or 6 months to figure this out, because that favoritism doesn't exist.

"Hey... I'm just going to leave this rule over in the corner unenforced for extended periods of time and dredge it up when I feel like it, okay? No... no I won't bother the potted plants."
lc1.png
lc2.png

lc3.png
picture.php

loveofreason

echoes through time
Local time
-->
I'm mortified.

You cut long cat in half! :eek:

paradoxparadigm7

Local time
Today 5:20 PM
-->
I only added people who were currently logged in when I made the OP.

Grayman: June 30, 2014
Paradoxparadigm7: December 19, 2014
Animekitty: September 8, 2014
ApostateAbe: September 14, 2014
Own8ge: July 15, 2014

It's like seeing your tombstone. Eerie...In keeping with my massive ego, I want Dec 19th to be declared a forum day of mourning for all eternity and a funeral dirge composed by Architect in my honor.

Cherry Cola

Banned
Local time
-->
I don't think I been warned even once. You guys will all lose, don't you understand that if you agree with the mods all the time like me you can call anyone a cunt? cunts

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
Today 5:20 PM
-->
If it happens, it happens. I am not going to worry about it.

Local time
-->
I don't think I been warned even once. You guys will all lose, don't you understand that if you agree with the mods all the time like me you can call anyone a cunt? cunts
I don't think I've ever been warned by madmin either. But...
madmin apparently need to see 1000+ posts and/or 6 months to figure this out
I think this is true. The whole "we give chances" spiel is just a cover story. At this rate I could probably photoshop mods into bukkake scenes and still not get banned because I'd put a cute little emoticon at the end of the sentence signalling sarcasm. :angel:

This post itself is probably a worse offense than Hawkeye ever committed, for example, but hey, the unpredictability is what keeps the game exciting! (Anyone want to double down on PNB's ban date for moi? If I make it past June 28... :D)

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
-->
I don't I've ever been warned by madmin either. But...
I think this is true. The whole "we give chances" spiel is just a cover story.
Honestly curious here, what do you mean? Look at the last 10 bans.

1. Ribald - I don't remember the circumstances
  2. The Void - Dupe of permabanned Psychic Child, was allowed to stay for a significant time
  3. Transcendent - Dupe
  4. Godofdogs - Dupe
  5. BigApplePi - Publicly warned, was a member for over 4 years.
  6. Variform - Not sure if warned
  7. Snafupanties - Dupe
  8. Somfoolishfoole - Not sure if warned
  9. Base groove - Publicly warned
  10. Hawkeye - Reportedly warned through PM, was a member for 5 years

Local time
-->
pfft... Facts don't allow me to blatantly whore attention or... do whatever it is that I'm doing.

So.... so all of the last 10 actual individuals (discounting void dupes, but not void and his 900 posts) form this wonderful J-curve when time is the x axis. Never noticed that. Thanks. :D

That increased frequency definitely increases my death pool pick odds.

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
-->
So.... so all of the last 10 actual individuals (discounting void dupes, but not void and his 900 posts) form this wonderful J-curve when time is the x axis. Never noticed that. Thanks. :D

That increased frequency definitely increases my death pool pick odds.
Eh, there is no guarantee that the curve is sustainable or even will increase. Could just be a backlog of issues piling up.

pfft... Facts don't allow me to blatantly whore attention or... do whatever it is that I'm doing.
Oops, my bad. Back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Cavallier

Oh damn.
Local time
-->
I don't think I've ever been warned by madmin either. But...
I think this is true. The whole "we give chances" spiel is just a cover story. At this rate I could probably photoshop mods into bukkake scenes and still not get banned because I'd put a cute little emoticon at the end of the sentence signalling sarcasm. :angel:

This post itself is probably a worse offense than Hawkeye ever committed, for example, but hey, the unpredictability is what keeps the game exciting! (Anyone want to double down on PNB's ban date for moi? If I make it past June 28... :D)

Only Cog can get away with bukkake scenes. He's got all those pretty robots.

I'm am still talking to the guy who comes bleating to me every time he thinks he might know a member with a dupe account? Remember how I told you to stop?

Based on that information alone I think this whole betting system is rigged. :eek: Nobody has a hope with you playing both sides dear.

I have ways of silencing you that don't involve banning you know.

Last edited:

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
more dirt!
Tell us everything!

[bimgx=400]http://images.idiva.com/media/content/2012/Apr/relationships.jpg[/bimgx]

PS. You edited that post, but it's too late! I know everything! BWA HAHAA

...I have ways of silencing you that don't involve banning you know.

:eek:

backout.gif

Local time
-->
Oops, my bad. Back to your regularly scheduled programming.
hehe... This might provide some entertainment :D:

https://encyclopediadramatica.es/Mod

The Moderators' Creed

Almost without exception, moderators will operate under the following guidelines;

1. What's good for the goose is definitely not good for the gander - in short, established board members are allowed to rip the piss out of n00bs but should the n00b under fire actually fight back and start winning, a mod will step in (often by locking the thread, see "Mod powers" below) before the established member starts losing too much face.

2. Law of the Post Count - an unwritten internet law that states that the likelihood of a poster being moderated, regardless of the merits or otherwise of their post, is inversely proportional to their relative post count. The Law also states that the truthiness of any post is directly proportional to the post count of its creator. (However to those in reality, the higher the post count, the bigger a loser in real life the person is and the less worthy their opinions are. But mods and admins like high post count people as they're basically minions in their army.)

3. This Is Not A Democracy - a phrase invoked when a moderator has been seriously pwned for making a crap decision, and will not (or, more likely, cannot) justify the decision in public.

4. I'll see how I feel - a decision made by a moderator does not have to be consistent, but instead will often be arrived at through gut instinct and with absolutely no regard to whether or not a forum rule has been breached. Can often result in double standards, a basic requirement for any self-respecting forum.

5. Lets just take this to PM - When a moderator has been called out for being a faggot and a Nazi. Rather then face the masses and actually admit to being an epic failure, they hide behind the cozy barrier of a PM and hide from the public like bitches.

6. You Don't Need No Stinkin' Thick Skin - Since every mod (especially older ones with high post counts) is an asshole, there is often a rule in a forum that you should bring your "thick skin." Moderators however do not need to adhere to these rules. If anyone is being an asshole to them, they can simply throw a hissy-fit and ban you without recourse.

Mod powers

There are a variety of tools that a moderator can employ in order to carry out his or her duties efficiently. These range from the basic (editing of posts, maybe even deleting of posts) to the advanced (locking of threads, avatar and signature alteration).

These powers are there to be routinely abused; for example, a thread can be locked yet some moderators will still post on it regardless, denying a basic right of reply to the OP or the poster who apparently caused the thread to be locked in the first place.

As a result, moderators are often some of the worst (or best, depending on your point of view) internet trolls, which doesn't stop them from accusing others of trolling at every opportunity. Should a moderator start losing an argument on a thread, they will often use the aforementioned powers, like deleting fucking everything, in order to attempt to beat a dignified retreat. Either that, or go running to the admin.

Moderator Induced Necrosis

The law: - "The older that a forum becomes, the more reasons that Moderators find to ban the members". Eventually so many people have been banned and so many posts inevitably produce hair trigger responses from the forum administrators that the dreaded condition "Moderator Induced Necrosis" begins to set in. Moderators become more concerned with their own status than the health of the forum and posters begin to drift away to other places where they can speak their minds without having to kowtow to a bunch of people who have been overcome by their own self-importance. In the final stage, all that is left in the forum are (a) the Moderators, (b) the occasional newbie who has wandered in by mistake, soon to leave, (c) the forum arselickers and (d) one or two trolls with the energy left to be entertaining. Soon after that, like a sun collapsing of old age, the forum dies, with only about ten members talking to each other about the same things over and over again, stubbornly soldiering on out of sheer inertia or perhaps even nostalgia. The irony is that if only the forum founders -- who have often left a previous forum in disgust at the lack of freedom of speech - remembered their origins and removed the collective sticks from their anuses then the forum would probably have survived.

Local time
-->
I'm am still talking to the guy who comes bleating to me every time he thinks he might know a member with a dupe account? Remember how I told you to stop?

I have ways of silencing you that don't involve banning you know.
Coventry (putting me on the entire forum's ignore list) is over-rated. :p

And I think there were only 2 instances of reporting dupes (something that actually, you know, violates the rules). And I most definitely stopped afterward, so...

*EDIT: This was a third, but I don't think I ever told you specifically, just Kuu a long time ago, before I was christened madmin.

Lot

Don't forget to bring a towel
Local time
-->
hehe... This might provide some entertainment :D:

https://encyclopediadramatica.es/Mod

The Moderators' Creed

Almost without exception, moderators will operate under the following guidelines;

1. What's good for the goose is definitely not good for the gander - in short, established board members are allowed to rip the piss out of n00bs but should the n00b under fire actually fight back and start winning, a mod will step in (often by locking the thread, see "Mod powers" below) before the established member starts losing too much face.

2. Law of the Post Count - an unwritten internet law that states that the likelihood of a poster being moderated, regardless of the merits or otherwise of their post, is inversely proportional to their relative post count. The Law also states that the truthiness of any post is directly proportional to the post count of its creator. (However to those in reality, the higher the post count, the bigger a loser in real life the person is and the less worthy their opinions are. But mods and admins like high post count people as they're basically minions in their army.)

3. This Is Not A Democracy - a phrase invoked when a moderator has been seriously pwned for making a crap decision, and will not (or, more likely, cannot) justify the decision in public.

4. I'll see how I feel - a decision made by a moderator does not have to be consistent, but instead will often be arrived at through gut instinct and with absolutely no regard to whether or not a forum rule has been breached. Can often result in double standards, a basic requirement for any self-respecting forum.

5. Lets just take this to PM - When a moderator has been called out for being a faggot and a Nazi. Rather then face the masses and actually admit to being an epic failure, they hide behind the cozy barrier of a PM and hide from the public like bitches.

6. You Don't Need No Stinkin' Thick Skin - Since every mod (especially older ones with high post counts) is an asshole, there is often a rule in a forum that you should bring your "thick skin." Moderators however do not need to adhere to these rules. If anyone is being an asshole to them, they can simply throw a hissy-fit and ban you without recourse.

Mod powers

There are a variety of tools that a moderator can employ in order to carry out his or her duties efficiently. These range from the basic (editing of posts, maybe even deleting of posts) to the advanced (locking of threads, avatar and signature alteration).

These powers are there to be routinely abused; for example, a thread can be locked yet some moderators will still post on it regardless, denying a basic right of reply to the OP or the poster who apparently caused the thread to be locked in the first place.

As a result, moderators are often some of the worst (or best, depending on your point of view) internet trolls, which doesn't stop them from accusing others of trolling at every opportunity. Should a moderator start losing an argument on a thread, they will often use the aforementioned powers, like deleting fucking everything, in order to attempt to beat a dignified retreat. Either that, or go running to the admin.

Moderator Induced Necrosis

The law: - "The older that a forum becomes, the more reasons that Moderators find to ban the members". Eventually so many people have been banned and so many posts inevitably produce hair trigger responses from the forum administrators that the dreaded condition "Moderator Induced Necrosis" begins to set in. Moderators become more concerned with their own status than the health of the forum and posters begin to drift away to other places where they can speak their minds without having to kowtow to a bunch of people who have been overcome by their own self-importance. In the final stage, all that is left in the forum are (a) the Moderators, (b) the occasional newbie who has wandered in by mistake, soon to leave, (c) the forum arselickers and (d) one or two trolls with the energy left to be entertaining. Soon after that, like a sun collapsing of old age, the forum dies, with only about ten members talking to each other about the same things over and over again, stubbornly soldiering on out of sheer inertia or perhaps even nostalgia. The irony is that if only the forum founders -- who have often left a previous forum in disgust at the lack of freedom of speech - remembered their origins and removed the collective sticks from their anuses then the forum would probably have survived.

So mean. THD is a naughty boy :cutewhitekitten:

You'll be missed. At least we'll always have Colorado... if you know what I mean :angel:

Absurdity

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
So is this your way of trying to pull the same stunt as The Introvert where you attempt to get banned because you can't stop coming back to this place through willpower alone?

Local time
-->
So is this your way of trying to pull the same stunt as The Introvert where you attempt to get banned because you can't stop coming back to this place through willpower alone?
Nah... Even if I did I'd probably come back anyway. For the most part I just believe myself and a few others are given too long of a leash in preference to most others, which is something I both enjoy and disagree with. So hey, might as well make an example of myself to the best of my abilities, amirite?

Top Bottom