• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Guess the IQ of the user above

AndyC

Hm?
Local time
Today 1:17 PM
-->
I figured since we had the "what is your IQ" thread, this wouldn't be taboo... Maybe.
The title says it all. I think it's alright because you could simply choose not to post and avoid it altogether.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
Yesterday 10:17 PM
-->
132 but possibly higher.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
Yesterday 9:17 PM
-->
117 for quick twist :cat:

ChainsofAssery

Redshirt
Local time
-->
I don't know anyone here, but I'll take a gander on Anime. 126.

Sandglass

Pixelated
Local time
Yesterday 8:17 PM
-->
I'll say 126 for ChainsofAssery. All I know about you is what you'd guess for someone you don't know.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
AK thinks I am the dumb one.

AK: 135

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
AK thinks I am the dumb one.

AK: 135

It's always relative.
I scored 113 on some test and you got 105 on some test.
But we both have a mental illness, that messes up the score.
You can become smarter just by believing in yourself.

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->
No im 0

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
A person I know with an IQ of 170 says my IQ is 118.

I made this comment on a blog:

Pumpkin,
Practicing for IQ test is cheating but what about the Flynn effect and sampling and norming.
You said that the raven’s matrices is not a culture fair test. Today children have much more complex toys and social relationships than they did in the past. I never had a tablet when I was 8.
Philosopher is now on about me being a nerd. I do give credence to his theory but he still presents it as being a negative thing. I voted for Trump, my verbal IQ is 132 but he eludes to autists being brain washable. His deep state research is kind of making him cynical. He feels that cynicism is being mature and from that perspective by his theory that makes me immature. I don’t see it that way. If we are to drop that emotional intelligence exists and theory of mind is a better construct, then maturity has different dimensions to it so he may be lacking on some dimension of maturity whereas I have on dimensions of maturity much higher levels than his. What do you think about dimensions of maturity? I am not schizo but my theory of mind is really high and philosopher is very convinced that he knows “The Truth”. Remember he is INTJ and sees the master plan whereas I am INFJ and have feminine intuition (even though I am male).
Also, what do you think of me being able to finish the ENIGMA Hanayama Cast Metal Brain Teaser Puzzle in 20 minutes?
(If philosopher can’t tell, I want him to like me)

My WAIS 4 IQ

ttVWr5m.png

nOjClGs.png

My SAT-IQ

8NPgqWU.png

My Facebook IQ

myxYCmh.png

Edit: Four more comments.

You still need to explain the difference between full-scale IQ and (g). Given that IQ tests are unable to measure the total coordinations aspects of an individual’s brain, it should be assumed that all IQ test imprecisely measure (g). My (g) is 17 points higher than my FSIQ. (and I still have low energy)
The number of people born in the USA in 1987 with a (g) of 155 should be around 468.
Another thing to look into is creativity.
Can someone be highly intelligent but uncreative?
I think that people who make video games are highly creative.
I think people who draw are highly creative.
The personality type ISFP is supposed to be good at drawing.
Creativity may have to do with energy levels.
What is the relationship between mental manipulation, working memory and creativity? (what is mental adaptation?)

If the wais 4 is not a perfect measure of (g) what would my (g) be if you added my SAT scores with my Wais 4 scores PP?
I am still trying to figure out ADD.
According to Amen Clinics there are 7 types of ADD.
The best I can describe it is that I feel stuck all the time.
I read that the Stroop test is a measure of executive functioning.
I scored 135 on the Stroop test.

When I talk to people it is hard for me to think up ideas fast. It is hard for me to think up anything even by myself. My brain just stops and I get anxiety. I don’t know what to do so I start doing something else. I don’t read books anymore because I don’t feel calm enough and I cannot sustain attention. I remember I used to have lots of ideas but I don’t anymore. It takes to much effort now. I remember I would play video games but I have lost my creative drive. I don’t do anything all day except reading internet forums. It fluctuates as to what requires mental effort at times. I tried learning computer programming some time ago but could not figure it out. I don’t do much because there is nothing to do.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Environmental_enrichment

On the wais 4 my (g) is 130. I scored 1471 on the SAT.
(g) is not the same as FSIQ. mine is 113.
I retain allot but I am really slow. My working memory is just 95.
Crystallized intelligence is long term memory. (my processing speed in 86)
I am completely dependant of my verbal and perceptual intelligence to understand ideas and concepts because I am slow and have poor working memory. (PIQ 121, VIQ 132) What I do is try to understand the overall big picture as to why something is right or wrong. I have trouble explaining myself because of the number of steps involved. If I was faster I would have probably created A.I. by now but I have problems with all the steps involved. But I do know that I am right in most instances.
I understand abstract things because I think allot and compare it to my crystalized knowledge. I practice thinking not memorizing. So I am good at it. I pay attention to how others behave so I also understand people.
Recently people think I have been taking new medications but the last time they changed was 6 months ago. It wasn’t my medications, I just felt better because I dealt with my emotional problems. I feel bad because I feel stupid. I feel stupid because I am slow and have low working memory. This gives me low self-esteem. Medications don’t fix self-esteem issues.
I was in gifted programs at school because I understood things and the teachers thought I was smart. I did well in the quality of my work. I knew allot and scored high on science and vocabulary and essays. I read all 7 foundation novels by Issac Asimov in high school. That adds up to over 2,100 pages of text. I read all the time and read more than 20 books over 300 pages long in school.
IQ tests miss cumulative knowledge because of low sampling rates. The wais 4 test never asked me if I read Isacc Asimov. If they did my (g) would be much higher. Facebook does much better at sampling and network analysis:

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->
In earnest I think your IQ is about 115 animekitteh, so there u go

AndyC

Hm?
Local time
-->
I normally score off the charts in mathematics. Abstract reasoning normally varies from ~130 to something around 140. The one proper IQ test I took I was anxious and had a few deficits, I managed to score in the 'superior' (120-130) range. The test was to see if my patterns of intellect followed conventional ADD patterns etc. and if I needed help for school by treating my ADD. They said there was a huge discrepancy between my math and verbal vs IQ, not that they gave any 'scores' or percentiles. The problem with full-scale IQ tests is that it tests discrete fields of intellect when information is rarely discrete and some people know how to interpret information so that it suits their preference. This is a poor example in a few ways but take someone learning Latin, that would help build a bridge between mathematical and verbal information. They may not do well on a verbal IQ test, but they add a mathematical nature to the semantics upon which they comprehend when reading a text. Mind you, that's only one issue with IQ tests, I could go on, but they are good for general approximation. Interesting AnimeKitty that your processing speed was so low, how did you do the test? And do you think IQ can be increased via any sort of training we have today?

AndyC

Hm?
Local time
-->
You say you have ADD AK? Do you know if it's from slower or faster brain waves, i.e. excessive alpha vs excessive beta?

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
Interesting AnimeKitty that your processing speed was so low, how did you do the test? And do you think IQ can be increased via any sort of training we have today?

You say you have ADD AK? Do you know if it's from slower or faster brain waves, i.e. excessive alpha vs excessive beta?

I had an EEG scan and an MRI scan but they would not tell me what they saw. The reason I came to know I have ADD is that my doctor was going to prescribe me Strattera. I looked it up and it is for ADD. My insurance would not pay for it. I don't know what my brainwaves are but different ADD medications do different things so perhaps you can help me find out how Strattera works? I do think that if I took the medication my IQ would go up. IQ is a measure of brain functioning and anything that improves brain functioning increases IQ.

Edit to add: I am diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder. My emotional pain has been acting up again.

AndyC

Hm?
Local time
-->
Strattera is for hyperactivity (adHd), not entirely sure what that entails. I have excessive beta brainwaves, which explains my erratic and jumpy thought processes. Increasing IQ is something that we've seen in studies but it's something we barely know how to do, even with medication, although I can certainly affirm that my own intelligence experienced a jump thanks to Ritalin (focus) and other things, I also worked hard towards this having an interest in the idea of genius. I think it's too hard to analyze my own experiences, but I can share some of what I know if you like.

Shieru

rational romantic
Local time
-->
for you AndyC, i'd guess perhaps 120. Animekitty, i think it would probably depend on the subject(s) being tested, but in general you may come out ~110. you might score higher in abstract thinking from what i've seen, perhaps 120-140.

Rixus

I introverted think. Therefore, I am.
Local time
Today 4:17 AM
-->
From what I've seen, I'm gonna go with 135-140.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
Rixus: 142

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
Evaluating IQ as I know it is much like the way Google page rank algorithm works. Every link votes.

Shieru (132)
Rixus (128)
AndyC (138)

I also worked hard towards this having an interest in the idea of genius. I think it's too hard to analyze my own experiences, but I can share some of what I know if you like.

I'm interested.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
It's always relative.
I scored 113 on some test and you got 105 on some test.
But we both have a mental illness, that messes up the score.
You can become smarter just by believing in yourself.

I finally think you are INFJ because of this comment. The Fe is what I am seeing here. What you are saying is BS, but its meant to console me so I understand it in that regard.

Rixus

Local time
-->
I finally think you are INFJ because of this comment. The Fe is what I am seeing here. What you are saying is BS, but its meant to console me so I understand it in that regard.

I still think Anime is INFP. Every INFP I've known seem to display more Fe than Fi - or perhaps they mimic it by using FiTe much as INTP's mimic Te by combing TiNe. Notice how the comment suggested using Anime's own experiences to map onto yours and interpret how he believes you feel. Which would suggest FeTeSi to me, and a will to use Fi in an unselfish manner.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
I still think Anime is INFP. Every INFP I've known seem to display more Fe than Fi - or perhaps they mimic it by using FiTe much as INTP's mimic Te by combing TiNe. Notice how the comment suggested using Anime's own experiences to map onto yours and interpret how he believes you feel. Which would suggest FeTeSi to me, and a will to use Fi in an unselfish manner.

Pretty much all the Fi doms I know who type themselves that way are selfish fucks.

AndyC

Hm?
Local time
-->
Evaluating IQ as I know it is much like the way Google page rank algorithm works. Every link votes.

Shieru (132)
Rixus (128)
AndyC (138)

I'm interested.

IQ can definitely increase given neuroplasticity, we simply suck at finding ways to engineer it for the person without a cognitive disability. The issue with neuroplasticity is that 'rewiring' doesn't necessarily mean making wires, that is, to improve in one aspect the cells in your brain can only come from other regions of the brain. An example of this is Transcranial Stimulation. I don't need to say much because it doesn't take much research to find this stuff out. The best thing for a direct increase in IQ score is probably Relational Frame Theory according to studies. Look at this particular study, in the beginning, he also makes note of other studies which have had success https://www.researchgate.net/public..._general_intelligence_and_scholastic_aptitude
Look into neurofeedback and brainwave entrainment, these would probably be very good for your processing speed and ADD.
Image streaming is like monks and Qi, I had my friend give it a go without success, and I am yet to attempt it. All you have for IS is anecdotes and a crappy experiment. I've looked through heaps of forums, these 2 are perhaps the best:
http://personalitycafe.com/entp-for...g-i-q-nonsense-image-streaming-blah-blah.html

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/brain-training/d-p0sjpe3FU[226-250]

I'll add any more if it comes to me.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
IQ can definitely increase given neuroplasticity, we simply suck at finding ways to engineer it for the person without a cognitive disability. The issue with neuroplasticity is that 'rewiring' doesn't necessarily mean making wires, that is, to improve in one aspect the cells in your brain can only come from other regions of the brain. An example of this is Transcranial Stimulation. I don't need to say much because it doesn't take much research to find this stuff out. The best thing for a direct increase in IQ score is probably Relational Frame Theory according to studies. Look at this particular study, in the beginning, he also makes note of other studies which have had success https://www.researchgate.net/public..._general_intelligence_and_scholastic_aptitude
Look into neurofeedback and brainwave entrainment, these would probably be very good for your processing speed and ADD.
Image streaming is like monks and Qi, I had my friend give it a go without success, and I am yet to attempt it. All you have for IS is anecdotes and a crappy experiment. I've looked through heaps of forums, these 2 are perhaps the best:
http://personalitycafe.com/entp-for...g-i-q-nonsense-image-streaming-blah-blah.html

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/brain-training/d-p0sjpe3FU[226-250]

I'll add any more if it comes to me.

Just an anecdote, but when it comes to changing the rewiring of neurons, they don't actually change paths - not really. What they do is change position getting closer or further from different other neurons.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
^ Shameless plug. (I'm joking, I know why you say this)

Seteleechete

Together forever
Local time
Today 5:17 AM
-->
Let's say 118.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
I have a theory that I just came up with now.

Its about adaptive use vs. specific use of knowledge. What I am thinking is that people that are not perfectionists in the way they apply knowledge are on average smarter than people who try to "save" the knowledge they learn about to use it for the "perfect" timing. Adaptive knowledge would be like learning something and then immediately finding a use for it. These people who do this will prolly be smarter on average since they will retain more of this knowledge than someone who waits to use it. Examples of this type of circumstance is found in learning new words, for example. People who hear a new word and try to use that word right away are likely to remember the word which over the long term will increase their vocabulary scores in IQ tests and things like that. It works like this with pretty much everything. It works for both concepts, ideas (fluid intelligence) and memorizing (crystallized intelligence) type things. I happen to be very poor at this. Key note is that it has to be a new piece of info, it can't be something you have already seen.

AndyC

Hm?
Local time
-->
Being constantly impeded with information, adaptive use of new knowledge could not enhance one's intelligence. The adaptive process would still be used on information, but that is information that is preferential to whatever goal or interest the individual has. This adaptive process is only so useful as it correlates and connects various chunks of information together, this is the differentiation process by which familiarity is achieved. The adaptive process beyond which you describe is not articulated or methodical. This is the most basic function upon which we perceive, differentiation that is. Intelligence is one's ability to differentiate and become familiar through articulate and intuitive adaptive processes.

If I misconstrued your theory, I'll tackle my alternative interpretation. IQ could not increase through the method of applying newly learnt info to a scenario, only your memory of what you applied. This method is too discrete, articulate and time-consuming to cause, if any, general increase in intelligence or familiarity.

Rixus

Local time
-->
INFP

http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Luna_Lovegood

hJR6OLf.jpg

INFJ?

me

ccXSQWa.png

Looking at puffy and higs in comparison and me being male, I could be INFP.

I published a book that only an INFP would write.

https://www.amazon.com/Wizard-Gauze-Jeremy-Wilson/dp/149071894X

I definitely think INFP and I always have. The reason is because I hear feeling in almost everything you type - I can even feel it sometimes. While ISFP's (IME) tend to be very selfish and attempt to satisfy their own Fi by appealing to the Se constantly, INFP's tend not to be so selfish. However, your feelings appear to be more influenced by internal dynamics that we aren't always privy to, which suggests Fi dominant to me.

Further evidence of this and how it maps onto Ne and Si can be found by looking no further than your user name. It took a little while to figure out who you actually were because of the projection of anime onto your persona - which is something you seem to instinctively attempt to hide your feelings behind. I've known other INFP's who try to keep their feelings internalised, but it is so evident it's like trying to hide an elephant in the room. In your case, I think it's because you've said before now that your adult role models were absent growing up and you idealised the way people treated each other in certain anime's and cartoons. I think your afraid of rejection because you've had some failed social experiences, and instinctively (by instinctively I mean an Ne reaction to the world around you) hide behind a cute anime persona because that's your ideal - so you project it onto what you believe would be your ideal if we were us.

So yeah, INFP. An INFJ under the same circumstances would adopt a more Chameleon like approach and alter their persona to what each forumite or thread wanted to see in each conversation, something their NiFe allows them to do far quicker and more instinctively than the rest of us. Whereas you tend to have a more constant persona.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
Being constantly impeded with information, adaptive use of new knowledge could not enhance one's intelligence. The adaptive process would still be used on information, but that is information that is preferential to whatever goal or interest the individual has. This adaptive process is only so useful as it correlates and connects various chunks of information together, this is the differentiation process by which familiarity is achieved. The adaptive process beyond which you describe is not articulated or methodical. This is the most basic function upon which we perceive, differentiation that is. Intelligence is one's ability to differentiate and become familiar through articulate and intuitive adaptive processes.

If I misconstrued your theory, I'll tackle my alternative interpretation. IQ could not increase through the method of applying newly learnt info to a scenario, only your memory of what you applied. This method is too discrete, articulate and time-consuming to cause, if any, general increase in intelligence or familiarity.

You are making a few assumptions about my post.

1) I am not saying one can increase your intelligence which I already touched on in one of my responses to AK. This is a subtle point I am making here. I am saying people have a natural disposition to either keeping info to be used at a more opportune time or whether they will use as much new information that the come across to good use. Its about utility. If you can find a use for everything, you are supremely efficient.
2) To correct your thought process here on my idea, I am saying the more we can use as much info that comes to us the smarter we are. Its a sliding scale not on a binary dichotomy. We are never going to be able to use all the information we come across, but the more information we can use the smarter we will be. It goes beyond compartmentalizing and grouping info. Yes we naturally do that but it isn't as efficient as using as much info as possible.
3) Utility and memory are tied. The more new things you utilize the smarter you will be. What I failed to mention, but what I was thinking is that there needs to be repeated use of that info so that you remember it. Yes, I realize this means it is literally impossible to use all the info you come across but that isn't my argument. My argument is essentially the more efficient you are, the smarter you are. Obviously we are limited by time and we can only do so much in a given time. Its about being as efficient with that time as possible by utilizing as many different strategies as possible and remembering them.

Grayman

Soul Shade
Local time
-->
What no one above me... im at top. You all upside down. Do it wrong you do. I never find last post it always there.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
Grayman (136)

Seteleechete (129)

AndyC

Hm?
Local time
-->
AK, I think we should only score people who have chosen to post on this thread.

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
Today 12:47 PM
-->
I'm talking as a member, not a mod.

Does this thread make anyone else feel 'icky'? I feel really uncomfortable even coming here and saying anything, like I should be walking on glass.

I'm not really interested in anyone guessing my IQ. You can, but I guess I just don't see how this even approaches being relevant to actual IQ. This, added to my views on IQ as something largely irrelevant to meaningful outcomes.... It feels like a snow-globe world has been constructed as a monument to insecurity.

Why do you care about IQ so much? It's not even real. It's a predictor of other real things. Why would an adult care what their predicted academic achievement would be? It just seems so removed from its intended purpose when used this way. I mean...

A person I know with an IQ of 170 says my IQ is 118.

Having a high IQ doesn't make you just magically know everyone else's IQs. If that was the credential they presented for telling you your intellectual value they can safely be ignored. Why do you need this sort of validation?

AndyC

Hm?
Local time
-->
That was the hesitation I described in the OP.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
Having a high IQ doesn't make you just magically know everyone else's IQs.

Sarcasm aside if a person did the research then it would not be magic. I feel your agitation but I suspect it comes from feeling judged yourself and you don't like it when people judge you or anyone else. But that is not a reason to dismiss that objectivity can be obtained.

If that was the credential they presented for telling you your intellectual value they can safely be ignored. Why do you need this sort of validation?

He never said anything nor acted in any way that I observed to suggest he felt superior to me to make me feel inferior. I was kind of hesitant to ask him questions because it seemed to me he was very uncertain how I view him. He did not want me to see him as better than me and start asking all kinds of questions he did not know. He saw me as a little kid that he really did not know how to make me understand what he understood. He tried to teach me what negative pressure was in roof design but I did not get it. So he really did not know what to do. It made me sad I could not talk to him like an adult. I don't have adults in my life. I don't have anyone I can talk to who I can be honest with and that will teach me how to be an adult. My father was never there for me. I feel abandoned. And I have no one to look up to. All I wanted was to have a father but I never had one. My mother has the mind of a child and I cannot go to her for help at all. No one ever helped me. No one understood me. I can't rely on anyone. I have no one I can trust. If I can't trust anyone then I can never feel comforted. I will always feel rejected. I'm not worth anything to anyone. I want someone smarter than me to like me. Because I am not an adult. But I have no one.

AndyC

Hm?
Local time
-->
I think people who claim something as crazy as an IQ of 170 are probably trying to look superior, sorry AK but I doubt I will know anyone over an IQ of 150 in my lifetime, unless I work in a smart field later on.

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->
I think people who claim something as crazy as an IQ of 170 are probably trying to look superior, sorry AK but I doubt I will know anyone over an IQ of 150 in my lifetime, unless I work in a smart field later on.

yes i am superior

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->
dost thou mocketh me?

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
-->
It's not taboo. It just makes me cringey. I'm not saying not to do this, but I guess... asking why you even wanted to do it in the first place? Because the judgement my mind jumps to immediately is some sort of insecurity.

But this won't fix said insecurity in the case my knee jerk assumption is correct. So in posting here, I was hoping to clear things up for you, me, or both.

Sarcasm aside if a person did the research then it would not be magic. I feel your agitation but I suspect it comes from feeling judged yourself and you don't like it when people judge you or anyone else. But that is not a reason to dismiss that objectivity can be obtained.

No. If they had researched it they still wouldn't be able to give you a number off the top of their head. That's 100% bullshit. But even if they could, you would introduce them as someone who had researched it. IQ is many levels of abstraction away from what can be readily observed from a direct social interaction. Sure you can probably guess when someone is above 100. You can probably tell the difference between someone who's 120, and someone who's 160. But giving a number like 118? Anyone w/ 170 IQ who knows anything about IQ would know better than to give a single number. Especially for someone like you who is not a typical case.

You feel as if dismissing IQ is ignoring reality. But IQ is an indirect measure of an already hypothetical construct (intelligence), which in turn predicts other outcomes. It's not reality, merely a shadow of it. Now take those three leaps (testing IQ, inferring intelligence from IQ, inferring outcomes from intelligence), and add everything that comes from making this judgement based on social cues on a sample size of one mentally unhealthy person. You can't draw real conclusions from this crap.

AndyC

Hm?
Local time
-->
It is cringy but I had to see what it would conjure up. I say no more IQ threads.

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
-->
I'm not telling you that you need to stop. I'm having a conversation.

If anything, if it's making people uncomfortable, we should pursue it until we find some resolution.

AndyC

Hm?
Local time
-->
It's cringy, and as a result is partly destroying the culture of the forum. If IQ is making people uncomfortable we should avoid it. People will always be made uncomfortable by it and the thread being public, it is a detriment to the forums appeal. That was the taboo, but I figured since no one cared about the other IQ thread I could go about creating this thread. The description of your disgust with the thread gives me the impression that it betrays your visions for the forum.

Top Bottom