• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Happiness Test.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
Today 3:18 AM
-->
https://www.pursuit-of-happiness.org/science-of-happiness/happiness-quiz/

You don't actually need to enter any information to see your results. You will still get your results if you leave it blank and his submit.

5Em4yV9.png

Niclmaki

Disturber of the Peace
Local time
Today 4:18 AM
-->
You scored 47 out of 115 points.

Amazing. Also, the ad on the first page, “JOIN THE FIGHT AGAINST DEPRESSION” lol. What are we gonna do? Go punch depression in the mouth, and stomp all over it?

Happy

sorry for english
Local time
Today 7:18 PM
-->
You scored 100 out of 115 points.

YOUR RESULTS: You are a happiness expert!

Well, it’d be pretty bad if I had this forum name and didn’t score at least this high...

How come you guys are so miserable?

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 8:18 AM
-->
How the hell is happiness a virtue.

"I do not praise the land where milk and honey flow" - Zarathustra

I'm happy for whoever is happy though

Niclmaki

Disturber of the Peace
Local time
-->
Happiness is overrated. So is being sad or miserable.

However; if I feel myself being pulled towards an emotion strongly, I just go with it until it has run its course. It can be fun.

I don’t stop and analyze if I am happy, or miserable very often. If I do, the answer is neither 99% of the time.

P.S. Slight rant, I hate how people ask “how are you doing?” How the fuck am I supposed to know? My thoughts are not ever on my feelings. Always disrupts my flow of thought, cause then I have to ask myself, “how is you” and the answer back is always, “lol idk” . And I asks again, “well figure it out quick cause this asshole asked us and needs an answer”. “Just say good, or well, cause that’s all they really want to hear back even if you do have problems”. “Oh, right”

Happy

sorry for english
Local time
-->

However; if I feel myself being pulled towards an emotion strongly, I just go with it until it has run its course. It can be fun.

I don’t stop and analyze if I am happy, or miserable very often. If I do, the answer is neither 99% of the time.

P.S. Slight rant, I hate how people ask “how are you doing?” How the fuck am I supposed to know? My thoughts are not ever on my feelings. Always disrupts my flow of thought, cause then I have to ask myself, “how is you” and the answer back is always, “lol idk” . And I asks again, “well figure it out quick cause this asshole asked us and needs an answer”. “Just say good, or well, cause that’s all they really want to hear back even if you do have problems”. “Oh, right”
All of this is unhealthy man (and reminiscent of my younger self tbh). If you’re turning your back on your emotional self, how can you ever expect to be in control of your thoughts? Seeing yourself as either ‘thinking’ or ‘feeling’ is very narrow-minded.

Try some mindfulness practice or something. You’ll be amazed at how much more rounded a person it would make you, and bring your critical thinking and problem solving abilities to a new level.

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 8:18 AM
-->
Problem with happiness is that it's fragile. When things inevitably go to shit, what level of self-hypnosis will you need to remain happy? Stoicism > happiness. (or maybe stoicism is happiness, in particular freedom from fear of being unhappy)

Happy

sorry for english
Local time
-->
Problem with happiness is that it's fragile. When things inevitably go to shit, what level of self-hypnosis will you need to remain happy? Stoicism > happiness. (or maybe stoicism is happiness, in particular freedom from fear of being unhappy)
They’re not mutually exclusive. I’d say adopting stoic teachings would aid you in the quest for lasting happiness.

(I say this as someone who doesn’t currently leave the house without my trusty pocket copy of the Meditations of Marcus Aurelius.)

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->

I don't actually think this test is looking at happiness, but instead well being. A general sense that gives one a sense of value and enhances the experience of life.

Niclmaki

Disturber of the Peace
Local time
-->

All of this is unhealthy man (and reminiscent of my younger self tbh). If you’re turning your back on your emotional self, how can you ever expect to be in control of your thoughts? Seeing yourself as either ‘thinking’ or ‘feeling’ is very narrow-minded.

Try some mindfulness practice or something. You’ll be amazed at how much more rounded a person it would make you, and bring your critical thinking and problem solving abilities to a new level.

Eh, I was speaking mostly in hyperbole. And I think you may be projecting a bit.

I just don’t feel much, if you ask me how I feel about something, I’ll have to meditate on it for a long time, or manufacture some fiction quickly. (For an analogy, it’s like someone rushing up and asking, “what do you think about the trade relations between Niger and Madagascar?!” - uhhh)

Maybe I am totally out of touch with my emotional self though, but I think not. It just takes a considerable amount to shove me anywhere. If you call that “unhealthy”, so be it.

Different people are different, after-all.

Polaris

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 9:18 PM
-->
80 of 115.

I consider that pretty good in terms of how this test determines "happiness".

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
80 of 115.

I consider that pretty good in terms of how this test determines "happiness".

Yeah, the test is pretty generous in terms of getting a high score. I know there were several things where I was in the middle and one that was lower I think, but I still got a really high score. I know one person got a 116/115 so...

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
Today 1:18 AM
-->
You scored 70 out of 115 points.

YOUR RESULTS: You are practicing many life skills that contribute to your happiness.

The great news is that, by learning new skills (and a little work can go a long way), you can make yourself even happier. Find out how

Top Bottom