• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Hello From A Newbie

Geauvoir

Local time
Tomorrow 3:22 AM
-->
Hey! I've never been on a forum before so I'm not sure how to post. I have read the General Rules though. Tell me if I'm doing anything wrong.

I was an INTP for many years but recently switched to being an INTJ. I think MBTI is rubbish except for good entertainment value though. Mainly here because being an introvert in online school, I don't meet many people in real life. My interests are poetry, writing, art, and productivity. I have two cats and an old hamster. Well, that's my introduction, I suppose.

EndogenousRebel

mean person
Local time
Today 2:22 PM
-->
Welcome. Feel free to indulge in any type of conversation you want. It's likely someone here will bite if it's novel enough. The topics you mention are appreciated here. Though many including myself have strong opinions on productivity culture.

Rook

enter text
Local time
Today 10:22 PM
-->
hey Geauvoir, welcome! don't worry about the rules too much, you can basically start a thread about anything

dr froyd

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 8:22 PM
-->
the requirement for posting happens to be owning 2 cats + 1 hamster, so welcome

Geauvoir

Local time
-->
Welcome. Feel free to indulge in any type of conversation you want. It's likely someone here will bite if it's novel enough. The topics you mention are appreciated here. Though many including myself have strong opinions on productivity culture.
Is there something controversial about productivity that I don't know about?

EndogenousRebel

mean person
Local time
Today 2:22 PM
-->
Is there something controversial about productivity that I don't know about?
The culture around productivity is actually very much debated in a lot of circles. Typical criticism around mainstream culture such as unreal expectations and ethical dilemmas some people find they have to make.

I personally do think work is good for the soul. I saw your first productivity post, I'm sure if that's the type of post your making for you'll find what your looking for, don't let me discourage you.

birdsnestfern

Earthling
Local time
Today 3:22 PM
-->
Welcome Geauvoir! May I ask what your name means or symbolizes?

Geauvoir

Local time
-->
Welcome Geauvoir! May I ask what your name means or symbolizes?
My dad's name starts with G and I crossed it with Beauvoir from Simone de Beauvoir, who is a philosopher I respect greatly. A little tongue-in-cheek because my dad is absolutely not a feminist.

birdsnestfern

Earthling
Local time
Today 3:22 PM
-->
Excellent! Thank you! Welcome.

Top Bottom