• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Heros and Villians

Apathy

Local time
Today 1:23 PM
-->
Well I dont know if you guys will agree with me but in regards to stories I think the INTP type makes out to be one of the best Hero Personality types. Think about it:

You have your everday carefree person only wanting a simple relaxing life. Suddenly some major even occurs and they are thrust into a dangerous situation and then manipulated into a situation of responsibility that they dont want. The stress and pressure get to them, but instead of breaking down when they crack, they take charge and solve the problems with a vengence and concise well thought out plans.

Isnt this a similar plot to a lot of stories. The Modest Hero that doesn't want to be a hero. The internal conflict with himself as he realizes that he's the one that must do what needs to be done.

What do you guys think about this?
Can you guys think of some good Heros that have the INTP personality?

How about for Villians? They would probably turn out to be the Cold-blooded detached Killer types. I think I even saw Hitman as a career type for us once.

grettiron

Redshirt
Local time
Today 3:23 PM
-->
hero? hell no. villain definitely. evil, shadowy, cold, merciless villain that takes pleasure in the suffering of his enemies.

Waterstiller

... runs deep
Local time
Today 12:23 PM
-->
What would the INTP Hero's motivation be?

And the whole Hero thing seems like too much annoying maintenance. "Really? You're falling off a building again?"

An INTP villian would be largely unproductive - scheming for the fun of it but never really doing anything. The only way an INTP could be a villian is via someone finding hir notes and putting them to use.

Radioactive_Springtime

Local time
-->
maybe a byronic hero, but I see the INTP more as the Obi-Wan style mentor than the actual hero.

Jesin

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Eh, there are so many different types of hero. I don't think there's really much justification for choosing INTP.

Really, from what I've seen, ISTP is more likely.

Kuu

>>Loading
Local time
Today 1:23 PM
-->
INTPs as Heroes? Hell no. Definitely anti-hero. Byronic as Radioactive_springtime says. (I didn't knew that term existed :)) Or if a villain, a very Faust-like villain.

Bahamut

Redshirt
Local time
Today 8:23 PM
-->
I imagine a shadowy figure that seems to fight both the hero and villain equally.

Dissident

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 4:23 PM
-->
I imagine a shadowy figure that seems to fight both the hero and villain equally.
Thats us!

Welcome to the forum, by the way.

Ermine

is watching and taking notes
Local time
Today 12:23 PM
-->
casually playing guitar in my mental arena
Well I dont know if you guys will agree with me but in regards to stories I think the INTP type makes out to be one of the best Hero Personality types. Think about it:

You have your everday carefree person only wanting a simple relaxing life. Suddenly some major even occurs and they are thrust into a dangerous situation and then manipulated into a situation of responsibility that they dont want. The stress and pressure get to them, but instead of breaking down when they crack, they take charge and solve the problems with a vengence and concise well thought out plans.

Isnt this a similar plot to a lot of stories. The Modest Hero that doesn't want to be a hero. The internal conflict with himself as he realizes that he's the one that must do what needs to be done.

What do you guys think about this?
Can you guys think of some good Heros that have the INTP personality?

How about for Villians? They would probably turn out to be the Cold-blooded detached Killer types. I think I even saw Hitman as a career type for us once.

According to your theory, any person can be a great hero. We're certainly not the only unassuming people with great ability. That potential can go for anyone. However, I've found that people constantly keep turning to the INTJ personality for villains. Especially evil geniuses.

As for INTP heroes, my favorite would be L. from Deathnote.

James Black

Local time
-->

This could spur a whole "heaven vs hell vs humanity" story.

Wait a second...

I've got a story to write!

Aphasia

Local time
Tomorrow 3:23 AM
-->
Heaven vs hell vs humanity? I think I heard of something like that before. Perhaps Good Omens (by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman), although it doesn't actually involve any epic fights or anything.

INTPs will probably make substandard heroes, though

ElectricWizard

Local time
Tomorrow 3:23 AM
-->
We'd probably procrastinate on the whole Saving the World thing.
Certainly, we could be helpful in terms of thinking about strategies and such, but actually doing the heroic stuff? We'd not only be unwilling heroes, we'd also be pretty bad heroes too.

GYX_Kid

randomly floating abyss built of bricks
Local time
-->

INTPs notoriously lack execution style/ability.
i highly agree with this otherwise ^ but i think it would take more of an INTJ or something to put into action a fine-tuned plot like that. the P would probably defeat the enemy in a more silent, seemingly effortless way that was intuitive yet didn't involve many exciting explosions. but yeah, mostly agree- this is exactly what happens when they get thrown into situations forcing them to have some willpower and be a modest hero.

an INTP could be something of an untouchable, bias-less god who just floats there and doesn't care either way...definitely detached, but more empty-blooded than cold-blooded to really be much of a motivated killer.

...speaking of which

how about
ryuk008.jpg

and what do you know, this too
As for INTP heroes, my favorite would be L. from Deathnote.

anyway i thought ISTP's were the hitmen

Dr. Freeman

In a place outside of time
Local time
-->
anyway i thought ISTP's were the hitmen

I think what they were trying to say is that the INTP's objectivity/detachment would be useful if you are a hitman.

GYX_Kid

randomly floating abyss built of bricks
Local time
-->
I think what they were trying to say is that the INTP's objectivity/detachment would be useful if you are a hitman.
no doubt. like niko from GTA4, wonder what his supposed type is. maybe some ability to be firmly grounded in the moment gets exchanged for some more ability to flip on/off attachment to things.

Wolf18

a who
Local time
-->

You have your everday carefree person only wanting a simple relaxing life. Suddenly some major even occurs and they are thrust into a dangerous situation and then manipulated into a situation of responsibility that they dont want.

I disagree. SPs make the best heroes. I think we make much better villains. We are cold/detached, unemotional/uncaring, calculating, innovative, and bored.

I don't believe in heroes or villains. Anyone can make mistakes and do great things as well; sometimes at the same time.

SW

KidHybrid

Redshirt
Local time
-->
I can agree to an extent. INTPs would make a good anti-hero opposed to the natural do-gooder type. Their callus and cold behavior with a means to do well could potentially work but I definitely wouldn't say most heroes are INTP.

Fghw

Local time
-->
I'd more likely be a villain. There are no obligations or expectations involved.

Top Bottom