• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

High and bored

UnoriginalUser

Redshirt
Local time
Today 1:06 AM
-->
Title says it all

Edit: I kinda like playing fallout shelter and messing with thirsty dudes from chatiw
And r/random

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
Today 12:06 AM
-->
You call yourself high, but you are bored. Clearly you are not high enough. Or you could cut out the drugs and you will never be bored.

onesteptwostep

Junior Hegelian
Local time
Today 2:06 PM
-->
We dont have a lot of druggies here but welcome!

UnoriginalUser

Redshirt
Local time
Today 1:06 AM
-->
My reply got detected as spam and blocked for some reason.
Apparently taking out the quotes was the fix.

Quicktwist: I know.

Serac: I'll try to elaborate more now that I am not under the influence. I'm part sad loser, part person that's trying to get their shit together. Got a retail job, but got it after years of just breathing and waiting to die. Picked up smoking, stopped abusing alcohol. Got no friends, stopped talking to both all the toxic people in my life and the people I was toxic to. I don't have the artistic talent to make it in the carrers I'm drawn to, so I'm probably just going to settle for graphic design. My hobbies are very few and far between, but I've been trying to pick up new (not drug related) ones. Started cooking for example.

Onesteptwostep: Thank you.

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 5:06 AM
-->
sorry about that, that was a bit blunt.

with regards to topic –

these various activities – are they remedies against boredom, or active forms of escapism?

Happy

sorry for english
Local time
Today 4:06 PM
-->
I don't have the artistic talent to make it in the carrers I'm drawn to, so I'm probably just going to settle for graphic design.
Little bit of reality advice for you:
Creative careers only seem from the outside to require substantial artistic ability. Sure, a natural aptitude for lateral thinking is advantageous, but all you need to pursue a creative career is an initial interest that can be cultivated. All the skills, including the ‘being creative’ part, are attainable through immersion.

Basically, what I want to say, is that you shouldn’t allow a self-perception of inferior ability bar you from a creative career if that’s what you want. Go and just do it.

(I’m saying this as an architect, who started out adulthood as a meat worker/slaughterer with no prior creative skills. It’s really not an impossible feat to break into the creative world.)

Mythik22

Redshirt
Local time
Today 1:06 PM
-->
I don't have the artistic talent to make it in the carrers I'm drawn to, so I'm probably just going to settle for graphic design.
Little bit of reality advice for you:
Creative careers only seem from the outside to require substantial artistic ability. Sure, a natural aptitude for lateral thinking is advantageous, but all you need to pursue a creative career is an initial interest that can be cultivated. All the skills, including the ‘being creative’ part, are attainable through immersion.

Basically, what I want to say, is that you shouldn’t allow a self-perception of inferior ability bar you from a creative career if that’s what you want. Go and just do it.

(I’m saying this as an architect, who started out adulthood as a meat worker/slaughterer with no prior creative skills. It’s really not an impossible feat to break into the creative world.)
SO! It’s been a while, I randomly thought I’d try to check up on my intp forums after a few yrs away and this reply made me realise how much I miss getting/giving empathetically realistic advice from other likeminded internet weirdos.
Anyway! Bless you, thank you, and I wholeheartedly agree ^^

..Now if only I could remember my fkn ancient password for this site #pproblems

Top Bottom