• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Hosting a VTTRPG (preparation)

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
Today 12:12 AM
-->
Re: Hosting a VTTRPG (preperation)

I will go by Cog's suggestion of average gold.
They vastly increased the prices from the DnD 3.5, the budget is tight.

yeah, you're telling me... But I feel worse for the guys who need to buy armor and real weapons. I don't think anyone can afford Masterwork anything. I would give you some of my gold but I only have 3-4gp left.

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
Today 1:42 PM
-->

Wizards get a free masterwork item in pathfinder. +1 dagger puts me up on the frontline :)

Ex-User (9086)

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 5:12 AM
-->

yeah, you're telling me... But I feel worse for the guys who need to buy armor and real weapons. I don't think anyone can afford Masterwork anything. I would give you some of my gold but I only have 3-4gp left.
I have two characters to equip in fact. My eidolon needs some gear too.
I traded off fancy clothes for food, I feel bad.
Wizards get a free masterwork item in pathfinder. +1 dagger puts me up on the frontline :)
This is .... pathfinder?

Oh you are talking about a spell, funny.

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
-->

No seriously. Bonded objects are free and of masterwork quality (as well as giving you a free spell).

Edit: In fact, I don't see any reason why it would have to be a dagger. I could go to town with a masterwork Dai-katana if I could bloody lift the thing XD. It would be a short-lived advantage, but fun :)

Absurdity

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 9:12 PM
-->

Where is everyone making their characters

Why is this so much work

Ex-User (9086)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->

No seriously. Bonded objects are free and of masterwork quality (as well as giving you a free spell).
This is not worth losing the familiar, at least reconsider having a dependable cat and a skill bonus with it.

Enhanced familiars can fly, carry wands and cast their own spells :).
Your choice, just adding the information.

Where is everyone making their characters

Why is this so much work
Jenny mentioned aiding oneself with a Hero Lab

It would be good to have an online reference for our character sheets.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->

LOL!

yeah. It's a knife fight, and Mister Wizard is inviting everyone to par-tay.

west-side-story-knife-fight.jpg

This is not worth losing the familiar, at least reconsider having a dependable cat and a skill bonus with it.

For whatever reason, the witch has a bitch of a time with familiars -- pretty much if she loses the familiar, she's really hosed. Pretty much for me it's get a little familiar, hide it somewhere on my person, and don't use it for anything but the various bonuses and the spell storage.

...until enhanced familiars, at least like you said.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->

Jenny mentioned aiding oneself with a Hero Lab

It would be good to have an online reference for our character sheets.

There's a few aids out there. Hero's lab is great, but it can get pricey if you start adding in a lot of components. I've been upgrading for about a year now on it and have the add-on's to make anything.

If people Google around, they might find some Excel spreadsheets designed for character generation + there's this place here:
http://www.trovetokens.com/pathfinder.html

The trovetoken generator isn't comprehensive but handles basic charactergen for pathfinder.

Ex-User (9086)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->

A few links work below:
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/extras/character-sheets

Well, here is a fillable form that could be uploaded. Not going to pay 25 dollars for hosting character sheets online. Although the options these paid tools provide are convenient, quite recommendable.
I'm using this bb

https://drive.google.com/previewtem...=public&urp=https://www.google.com.au/&pli=1#

but I'll require a word docco or two to detail inventory and backstory.
Nice one, no need to complicate things with this.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->

Image change:

ac762a3b3704ec1fae602e3f8ed7c896.jpg

(except she's got a dark hood and her skin looks a little more human. But the creepy gaze is about right.)

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
Today 2:12 PM
-->

Human Female
Ranger

W8Ir6XX.jpg

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->

Woo hoo! We actually needed some more fighter types (so far I think there's just the barb and the eidolon). What's Gopher playing?

EDIT: Oh, yeah, there's the inquisitor.

EDIT2:
1. Human Wizard (Hadoblado)
2. Half-Orc Dirty Fighter (Absurdity)
3. Half-Elf Summoner (Blarraun)
4. Tiefling Witch (Jennywocky)
5. <race> Barbarian ((͡° ͜ʖ ͡°))
6. Human Ranger (redbaron)
7. Human Magus (The Gopher)
8. Half-Elf Alchemist (kuu)

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Panzergrenadier
Local time
-->

Oh yeah I forgot to mention I'll be awarding bonus experience for good roleplaying, which is anything I find particularly interesting, funny, dramatic or simply well performed "in character" dialogue.

How will we be role-playing, I haven't ever used the mentioned website. Are we expected to perform on web cams? I don't have one in that case.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->

I just created an account there tonight. Do you have a laptop? Most of the new ones come with a built-in camera.

But I think he means how you play your character. you aren't required to be an actor on the webcam. It's more of how you stay in character and do something interesting as your character. The better story you contribute to, the more reward ye shall reap.

Kuu

>>Loading
Local time
Yesterday 10:12 PM
-->

I would like to join in but uncertain of my time availability ._.
Also last time I did something like this it was pen and paper and it was over a decade ago. :ahh:
It wouldn't be a bad idea to help out those less experienced on the character making etc...

Anyway, if can manage:
Karina Hein. Half-elf alchemist.

Steampunk_costumes_Leder_Joe.jpg

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->

That armour looks really useful Kuu. So much so I'm going to put on own really useful set of armour.

MHHhu8w.jpg

The Gopher

President
Local time
-->

Woo hoo! We actually needed some more fighter types (so far I think there's just the barb and the eidolon). What's Gopher playing?

EDIT: Oh, yeah, there's the inquisitor.

EDIT2:
1. Human Necromancer (Hadoblado)
2. Half-Orc Inquisitor (Absurdity)
3. Half-Elf Summoner (Blarraun)
4. Tiefling Witch (Jennywocky)
5. <race> Barbarian ((͡° ͜ʖ ͡°))
6. Human Ranger (redbaron)
7. <race> <class> The Gopher

I'm still deciding hold up! Magus or Rogue or Bard I think.... I'll work it out. But race is human.

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
-->

If anybody needs help with anything I'm happy to assist.

Cog you may want to set a limit on number of players. It's tempting to go large, but this is already going to be tricky enough as it is over the internet. The more people, the less that gets done, the more people sit around waiting for their turn to do something, the less invested the players.

A few players are likely to flake, it comes with the territory. There is however a critical mass at which everybody just decides it's a good idea and you end up with 15 players. It's something to think about anyway.

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
-->
I've decided not to go necro. It's too much added pressure on an inexperienced DM, and it creates a lot of complications with the party. I'll be a dedicated caster of some sort, probably a lot more general.

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 5:12 PM
-->
Yes entries are closed, Kuu was last in, sorry Proxy.

I'm going to start doing up character sheets tonight, after this weekend THERE WILL BE NO MORE CHANGING SHIT because c'mon guys I got enough on my plate :ahh:

And don't worry about dice rolling, roll20.net provides that and all the pre-game stuff has been decided.

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
-->
Nuuuu proxy!

It may be worth having backup players given that there will be time zone issues and a line-up full of stanky flakers.

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I've got people I work with lined up too, I'm expecting about half of them to drop out so if I lose a few here I might not have to run two games from the same resources.

I always have a contingency plan :D

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Are we expected to perform on web cams? I don't have one in that case.
No cameras, I wanna run this in the nude.

You suspect it isn't true but you don't know~ :D

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
But I think he means how you play your character. you aren't required to be an actor on the webcam. It's more of how you stay in character and do something interesting as your character. The better story you contribute to, the more reward ye shall reap.
My aim is to reward people for not treating this as a videogame, so if you have a joke build or focus on non-combat skills I have an excuse to keep you up to speed with (or ahead of) the more combative players.

I'm still deciding hold up! Magus or Rogue or Bard I think.... I'll work it out. But race is human.
A bard could be VERY REWARDING if you can sing...
Poetry also works.

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Why is this so much work
Tell me your name, race, class and I'll tell you the starting GP and the number of ability points you'll have to begin with, don't bother creating a character sheet I'm currently doing that for you, if you decide to spend your gold pre-game that's fine but you'll need to tell me what you spent it on.

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Source your gear from this site, assume average prices, I will check!
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment---final

If I have to go looking elsewhere for your equipment and find pictures for it on the night I'm going to be unhappy, you don't want to make me unhappy, I have dice for that :twisteddevil:

The Gopher

President
Local time
-->
My aim is to reward people for not treating this as a videogame, so if you have a joke build or focus on non-combat skills I have an excuse to keep you up to speed with (or ahead of) the more combative players.

ahh perfect... I think I will need that.

A bard could be VERY REWARDING if you can sing...
Poetry also works.

See I'm working on the singing.... but I haven't decided to grace anyone with my voice yet. I would also be the worst poet in the region but hey I could give it a shot! :P

*puts on sunglasses*

"Yo Yo Yo we got the gangsta bard, He's rappin and he's sacking and he's gonna go hard."

... and this is why Bard probably isn't my first choice.

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Yes, bad singing will get you killed.

Not by me.

Kuu

>>Loading
Local time
Yesterday 10:12 PM
-->

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Then you're going to love it when I give you dice macros.

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
-->
Not today

I cries everytime T-T

You could roleplay the bloke from your avatar. Combat roles are often best for people coming to terms with the basics. While a bard might suit your personality, it's a class best used by those that already have a firm grasp of at least one of the domains their skill-set encroaches on. I've played with four bards so far, and all of them wished they were something else because they either didn't have the understanding to exploit the bards inherent versatility, or the temperament for what is essentially a support role.

The Gopher

President
Local time
-->
Yeah I won't be going bard but the puns would have been amazing.

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->
Okay so we just choose gear once we have our gold? Well this just became much less complicated (:

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
Yeah I won't be going bard but the puns would have been amazing.

You don't have to wear "bard" on your arm to have moxie, Gopher.

....more seriously, Fezzik the giant strongman was good at rhymes. You will drive Jessa nuts, but personally I think stuff like that is hilarious.

I agree with hado about class complexity. Bards are cool, but fighters are the simplest for new players to use and feel effective with.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
Nuuuu proxy!

It may be worth having backup players given that there will be time zone issues and a line-up full of stanky flakers.

Yeah, still curious about the times. Sundays aren't great for me.

Ex-User (9086)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Cog give the GMT time this will be generally played, because I have a feeling that I won't be able to keep up if this is going to cost me the entire night before monday, etc.

Generally we have to decide on a time when NA AU and EU would be availible.

And 8 players is quite a lot, even for an experienced GM, but we will see.

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Saturday is my preference too, or late Friday night.

So here's how it's coming along...
picture.php

Hey Blarraun could I persuade you to find another picture that isn't all white?
I'm currently having this discussion with Jennywocky, I just think the tokens with higher contrasts in them still look like people whereas your current pic and her new one end up looking like white squares.

At the end of the day it is your character and I'll use whatever pic you choose*.

*1: By Monday.

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Gregory & Karina's profiles are looking pretty sweet, everyone PM those backstories to me ASAP!

Ditto for your name, class, and picture.

By Sunday afternoon I'll start making threats!

Ex-User (9086)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I will use the same picture but I will give a black background around, the picture is good and I like it. I wanted him to have white hair and this look. Well, maybe I will find something better, let's leave it pending.

AU time is 8 hours earlier for EU, so if you start 22 then it's 14 in EU. It is also 7 hours from EU to US, 15 hours of difference in total.
I could go with 1 am sat Australian time and 17 fri EU time, anything earlier would be impossible. This would be 10 fri US time so it looks even less possible.

Earliest manageable US time let's say 17 it's 0 EU and 8 AU. I think we could have a single long meeting during the weekend that way, what do you all think?

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
Saturday is my preference too, or late Friday night.

I'm good with either of those times.
When I say Sundays aren't good for me, I mean they're pretty much not gonna happen. I'm on alternating schedules for Sunday, and;
Sunday #1 (the best of the two): I'm busy from noon-6pm EST (GMT -4)
Sunday #2: Busy from noon-midnight EST (GMT -4)

----

BTW, instead of "Jennywocky" on the image there, it should be "Jessa." No last name. She's like Prince or Madonna -- she needs no last name, bwa ha ha.

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
-->
I'm predisposed every second Friday night (AU time). No exceptions.

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I'm good with either of those times.

BTW, instead of "Jennywocky" on the image there, it should be "Jessa." No last name. She's like Prince or Madonna -- she needs no last name, bwa ha ha.
Any surname?

Btw a backstory would make me very happy (pm'ed to me).

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
Any surname?

Btw a backstory would make me very happy (pm'ed to me).

Let me think on a surname, but it wouldn't be something she uses. It would be something others call her out of fear.

Are any of these images workable?

Here was the full size (made with more contrast) for that other pic:

I still like this one the best, simply because of the look on her face.

PS. I hope you fighters are good at your jobs. I think maybe the alchemist (?) and the witch can handle a bit of healing but we won't have a dedicated warder/healer type.

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Jenny the second works well and I can put the third in your profile, sound good?

Top Bottom