• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

How Old Are You?

CrayCrayPoTayTay

the combined knowledge of mankind is infinitely fi
Local time
Today 2:09 AM
-->
When you get this question from people, do you tend to initially struggle with extensive calculations surrounding the basis for the question? Have you associated your own personal stigma with your response? I'm mainly feeling this forum out still, might have signed up prematurely; not sure how many other INTPs I'm really meeting on here.

Latte

Preferably Not Redundant
Local time
Today 9:09 AM
-->
I used to have to think about almost every time to come up with the correct answer, but now I just answer what the age of my SO is automatically and often don't even notice it is incorrect.

I may not be INTP so don't put me in your anecdotally based database for pattern searching. Even though it is based.

Oh and yeah I tend to consider why someone might ask it but I don't give a shit because I'm a strong independent ex-president with a lemon-eating face who doesn't need no being hurt about other people's generalizations of me due to their ageism actually just kidding it hurts a lot ;_;;;;. But I try to pretend I don't understand until they implicate themselves as thinking in an erroneous fashion when it comes to judging me based on my age and then I slam down the hammer of polite and courteous manipulation or confrontation that serves to uproot or negate the preconceptions of the demographic I am identified to be in, at least in my case. Unless it's a lost cause. We need to get off this Island.

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
Today 4:09 AM
-->
When you get this question from people, do you tend to initially struggle with extensive calculations surrounding the basis for the question? Have you associated your own personal stigma with your response? I'm mainly feeling this forum out still, might have signed up prematurely; not sure how many other INTPs I'm really meeting on here.
Yes I have to struggle. I hate this Q because every so often the answer changes. Every year I think. I have to get my last age and add one everytime but when does one do that? The other technique is to memorize my birth date, look at some calendar and subtract. But that entails double checking as I can be off by ten years. Then the question arises as to whether I've chosen the right calendar. Sometimes an old calendar just lies there against the wall and I haven't changed it. What then?

BTW lately it's been Q'd whether I'm an INTP or not. I can't answer that for you. You could give us all a test or somethin'.

Base groove

Banned
Local time
-->
How old are you? - yah I just answer them. I guess they have a right to know if they're curious enough to ask. I have many things to hide, but hiding your age is stupid because it's impossible.

BTW lately it's been Q'd whether I'm an INTP or not. I can't answer that for you. You could give us all a test or somethin'.

Questioned by you.

PmjPmj

Full of stars.
Local time
Today 8:09 AM
-->
No.

"Twenty-Eight".

Job done.

You bloody weirdo ;)

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
-->
RU speakin' to me buster? How old RU anyway?

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
Today 5:39 PM
-->
I don't like this question, I can't think of any good reason to ask it.

NormannTheDoorman

Rice is love. Rice is life.
Local time
Today 7:09 PM
-->
A lot of people say I look older than what I really am. My body just matured faster than usual. But to quench their curiosity I normally answer them.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
I don't like this question, I can't think of any good reason to ask it.

Serial killer quota?

Gotta target your victims correctly....

I just usually ask myself why they want to know, unless there's a specific context that is self-explanatory.

Polaris

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 9:09 PM
-->
I rarely get asked about my age, except in the self-explanatory contexts as Jenny said, so I'm not that bothered. People ask when they cannot seem to reconcile my physical condition/appearance with my history/experiences. Then they do a double-take, which is always a little bit amusing.

Edit: forgot MBTI: probably INTP

nanook

a scream in a vortex
Local time
Today 9:09 AM
-->
my biological clock works different, so it hurts to say the number, especially when people can't see my face. it seems people age faster, the older they get, but i do not, so the gap seems to become greater. i started out with 1 year delayed school entry, then 2 year delayed entry into puberty, but the peak of puberty seemed like 4 years delayed and now it looks like 8 years behind. i'm 36 and many people at 30 look older than me. i notice that on dating sites. i feel like maybe 28 or so, in terms of how i relate to life. as a character. and the softness shows in my body, even though i am balding. (some people bald at 19, i did at 29, it's meaningless, has probably to do with how nutrition affects some genes though)

but in terms of cognitive development and education, i feel easily 36 or older. and knowing the age of forum users would be important to me. i treat 16 year old punks who don't know anything differently from 50 year olds who don't want to know anything.

i'm not intp

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->
I tell them the question is a misnomer. Age is irrelevant and the question is annoying.

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
-->
When you get this question from people, do you tend to initially struggle with extensive calculations surrounding the basis for the question?
I struggle with wanting to know if they are xSxx. That means they want to know specifically and for me it changes every minute so answering drives me nuts unless I know the answer within the allotted minute.

I struggle with wanting to know if they are xNxx. That means they want to get a ballpark feeling. I always answer they are younger than I am unless I know they are older than I am in which case I wonder how old they are and it becomes a struggle to see who goes first. I have not taken up the case where it's a tie and don't want to think about that since I may not be an ISTP.

Hawkeye

Banned
Local time
-->
I often reply with: "how old do you think I am?".

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
-->
I tell them the question is a misnomer.
I had to look up that word since English is my native language.

Age is irrelevant and the question is annoying.
Irrelevant? What do we put on your tombstone?:rip:

Annoying? Are you sure you are being completely objective?

Hawkeye

Banned
Local time
-->
I had to look up that word since English is my native language.

Misnomer is an English word. :confused:

How old do you think I think you are?:D

I think you think I am between 25 and 32 years of age.

Also, based on my birthday I have calculated that I was a "Christmas Present". (Uuuurgh...)

Grayman

Soul Shade
Local time
Today 1:09 AM
-->
I always examine every answer to determine how it might be received and how it might be used.

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
-->

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
Also, based on my birthday I have calculated that I was a "Christmas Present". (Uuuurgh...)

Based on my birthday and being early, I was my father's birthday present.

Based on my sister's birthday, she might have been a valentine's day baby.

Spirit

ISTP Preference
Local time
-->

-leaning toward a TiSe preference

When I was younger people would say I seemed older.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
The question of age still seems pretty irrelevant unless it's in a specific context for some type of work, or health insurance, or maybe dating. Otherwise I'm wondering why they want to know and what they'll use the age marker to confirm or write off.

Flowers and incense.

For you, also, matchbox cars to play with.

(and a large circle of protection so that you don't rise from the grave.)

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
-->
Flowers and incense.
I will do that but will add:

Born: Twentieth Century
Died: Twenty-First Century

The above all with provisions for alterations just in case.

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
-->
Misnomer is an English word.
If it is I'm not responsible. "Not my fault", he said.

I think you think I am between 25 and 32 years of age.
So that's what you think? Think thank thunk. I wonder why you thought I thunk that? Thank you for playing.

Grayman

Soul Shade
Local time
-->
Irrelevant? What do we put on your tombstone?:rip:

Died in her 20's. Generally a very serious person except when she can open up with her female lover and let herself laugh. Sees most confrontation as beneath her. Hard worker that gets paid more and is younger than those she works with. Hates generalizations and hates when people remind her of how young she in the workplace. She is very professional in the workplace and others feel inadequate around her.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
Died in her 20's. Generally a very serious person except when she can open up with her female lover and let herself laugh. Sees most confrontation as beneath her. Hard worker that gets paid more and is younger than those she works with. Hates generalizations and hates when people remind her of how young she in the workplace. She is very professional in the workplace and others feel inadequate around her.

That's a very big tombstone... or 2pt type.

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
-->
Just put "Died in her 20's" with a link. No sense wasting good marble concrete.

peoplesuck

is escaping
Local time
Today 3:09 AM
-->
So it IS normal to have to try and remember your age, thought it was just me.-intp

Helvete

Pizdec
Local time
-->
I usually just reply "Old enough to drink" and that is normally sufficient.

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->
For you, also, matchbox cars to play with.

(and a large circle of protection so that you don't rise from the grave.)

Wow! Matchbox cars? F-for me? You know me so well! :hearts:

Don't worry about the circle though, I have lots of worm friends. I'll have great company down there in the dirt. I promise I'd never rise from the grave :angel:

Polaris

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 9:09 PM
-->
^Tombstone reads:

Born male
Died female
Shagged everything on two legs in between
Loved cats
No, you won't get her money - it's for the cat​

Koosy

trace.
Local time
Today 10:09 AM
-->
I usually ask them why do you care. If I find the reason to be reasonable, I'll most likely tell my age.

Laurence

Viscount
Local time
-->
I think if one is under 30, or over 60, one should hesitate to give an age. If you fall into one of these two classes then age immediately defines you regardless as to whether it would be an accurate definition. "Under 30" and you are determined to be energetic and a bit dumb (sorry) due to lack of experience. "Over 60" and you are thought to be slow and a bit out of it as a result of aging. Facts are however that there are exhausted young people and there are innovative older people. If one is 30-60 then assumptions are withheld until someone knows you.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
I'm old enough.

Budthestud

BAMF
Local time
-->
I generally answer my age whenever asked. However, if you get pwned by some little kid while playing an online video game, you have 2 options, DO NOT answer them, or just say you are 8 yrs old.

beeurd

Redshirt
Local time
-->
I generally try and make people guess. If they say something under 30 then I feel good about myself.

nexion

coalescing in diffusion
Local time
-->
I tell them my age. I care very little for questioning their motives and reasoning for asking the question, at least as I am answering. It depends on the context though.

Saiyan Pride
Local time
-->
Twenty-one as of midnight.

Inappropriate Behavior

is peeing on the carpet
Local time
-->
I've answered "8/4/67, whatever that makes me now" before. You do the math, I'd rather not. I try not to keep the answer in my head and I'm very good at it. Not remembering things is sometimes easier than remembering those things. Not always. Some things I wish I could forget especially if it is now useless/outdated/trivial information.

Top Bottom