• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

How to identify INFPs: They steal lawn gnomes

Reverse Transcriptase

"you're a poet whether you like it or not"
Local time
Yesterday 5:13 PM
-->
Seriously. It's almost pathological. Two INFPs I've been close to have both been prolific lawn gnome thieves. I was just browsing OkCupid and found a cool girl (who's probably INFP-- they're my type, after all) and one of her interests is "lawn gnomes".

Does anyone have any more anecdotal evidence to support or detract from this theory?

Cheeseumpuffs

Proudly A Sheeple Since 2015
Local time
-->
I know an INFP who would not turn down Lawn Gnomes if given the opportunity and an ENFP who gives them as birthday gifts....

Reverse Transcriptase

"you're a poet whether you like it or not"
Local time
-->
That's it. I know how I'm going to meet INFPs. I'm going to start a lawn gnome hunting meetup group in Seattle. Long walks + minor trespassing = romance.

ProxyAmenRa

Here to bring back the love!
Local time
Today 10:13 AM
-->
We stole all of the town's lawn gnomes and placed them on one front lawn facing the house.

Melllvar

Banned
Local time
Yesterday 7:13 PM
-->
Reverse, this has to be like your third INFP thread. I think you may have a fetish.

dark

Bring this savage back home.
Local time
Yesterday 8:13 PM
-->
Interesting, so if I wanted to lure an INFP girl up to my room, all I would need to do is print off posters that said I had lawn gnomes in my room and hopefully I'd have some not creepy ladies coming to look for them :D.

Cheeseumpuffs

Local time
-->
Interesting, so if I wanted to lure an INFP girl up to my room, all I would need to do is print off posters that said I had lawn gnomes in my room and hopefully I'd have some not creepy ladies coming to look for them :D.

Printing out fliers would probably be cheaper, but a more effective method would probably be to leave a trail of gnomes meandering up to your house. They won't be able to stop themselves.

dark

Bring this savage back home.
Local time
-->
Well, I live in a dorm, so... leaving a trail of gnomes would be difficult. Though leaving a paper trail of gnomes may work just fine!

Going to capture myself some INFPs soon! Will inform you guys of my discoveries :D

And to think, I thought lawn gnomes served no purpose. :elephant:

Dimensional Transition

Bill Cosbor, conqueror of universes
Local time
Today 2:13 AM
-->
This thread...

81NwG.jpg

Jelly Rev

Local time
-->
lol they soo would steal lawn gnomes or at least the ones I know would.
Magical creatures+spontaneous activity=INFP BAIT

They would spontaneously stop their car look at it and think I want that. Then they would spend the next 5 min indesicively looking for the perfect getaway spot, almost hitting a light pole. The INFP would then park the car in an awkward postion and proceed to go grab the gnome. When (s)he grabs it (s)he will turn back and have the most devilishly cute smile. (s)he will freeze up for like 5 seconds before realizing (s)he is supposed to run back to the car.

Now the INFP with the gnome in their possession will name it, give it a back story and may even communicate with it.

I will also attempt to create an infp trap. Im thinking a lawn gnome underneath a box propped open with a twig and a string for me to pull it. I will set these traps up around INFP watering holes like bookstores, gardens, alone on parkbenches during sunsets, whenever its raining(im srs they like rain, prolly reminds em of some emotional pain lol)

GYX_Kid

randomly floating abyss built of bricks
Local time
Today 1:13 AM
-->
My freshman year roommate started to make an entire music album about gnomes.
He may be an INFP.

Pride

Local time
-->
How the hell can you even stand the presence of people who think stealing lawn gnomes is FUN?!?

Deleted member 1424

I had a friend a very long time ago, who did something similar with lawn shrines.
He said they were of a form of idolatry, so he didn't feel guilty.

:confused:

xbox

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 1:13 PM
-->
I have a friend who is INFP. I should randomly ask "So what about them lawn gnomes.."

Jelly Rev

Local time
-->
How the hell can you even stand the presence of people who think stealing lawn gnomes is FUN?!?

unpredictable, fairytale-like, spontanenity, logically unstructured, whimsical, feeling with depth. why INFP's are INTP bait. They have the depth without the logical structure we have, soo cute an innocent.

Cheeseumpuffs

Local time
-->
INFP's are INTP bait

So Garden Gnomes are INFP bait and INFPs are INTP bait?

And it seems all of us INTPs are planning on collecting Gnomes to trap INFPs....

SO.

Our traps would attract INFPs who would then attract INTPs who have gnomes with them for the purpose of catching INFPs?

Pride

Local time
-->
unpredictable, fairytale-like, spontanenity, logically unstructured, whimsical, feeling with depth. why INFP's are INTP bait. They have the depth without the logical structure we have, soo cute an innocent.

It is hard for me to be attracted to this type of girl. Whimsical and innocence I like; introvertedness I cannot stand.

I almost have to date an extrovert.

Cheeseumpuffs

Local time
-->
It is hard for me to be attracted to this type of girl. Whimsical and innocence I like; introvertedness I cannot stand.

I almost have to date an extrovert.

It's all personal preference. People want different things.

Jelly Rev

Local time
-->
Our traps would attract INFPs who would then attract INTPs who have gnomes with them for the purpose of catching INFPs?

sounds like INFP's win.

Meer

Jermbl
Local time
-->
I have a lawn gnome that I liberated, with some other people, of course. One of them might have been INFP, maybe, but probably not.

I think it has something to do with that movie 'Amelie', for some reason?

Top Bottom