• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

I'm Often Afraid..

UfarkTheRipe

Insectile Projectile
Local time
Today 12:03 AM
-->
.. that what I'm thinking shows on my face.

Anyone else? Discuss!

own8ge

Existential Nihilist
Local time
Today 6:03 AM
-->
Whaha! I know right?!

(We both are Ni dominants, maybe it's that?)
Anyhow, I myself am rather good in making other people think I can see what they think by their facial outlook. So I actually provoke this in other people. I myself have begun to stop to be afraid that my thinking shows in my face, as am I rather aware of my social expressionism (Fe). I'm learning to do so, by learning from an ENTP mate of mine. He is really good in laying the vulnerability and shame on the opposing communicator rather than himself. I, and like an ENFJ mate, do the vice versa, we put the blame (concern) on ourselves. While that ENTP, blames in on others (and this will provoke the blame feeling on the opposite person). Sorry for the digress

Etheri

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 7:03 AM
-->
I think I can hide my face fairly well...
Then again, I can read who enjoys a party and who doesn't within seconds. Then again, we're talking about parties and clubbing, I doubt it'd be hard to read the dislike of most of your faces ;)

Solitaire U.

Last of the V-8 Interceptors
Local time
Yesterday 11:03 PM
-->
I rarely look at faces, especially my own.

Adrift

Adrift
Local time
Today 1:03 AM
-->
I'm not afraid of it but now I'm curious as to what shows through...

Ocofan

Engineer
Local time
Today 5:03 PM
-->
I don't think people can read small expressions on my face, I would say too many people out there cannot tell the difference between a forced smile to be polite and an actual smile. Most of the time when people approach me they use small talk and most of the time I'm not interested - I know it's rude but it's too energetically demanding for me to feign interest, and they just don't get the basics of body language. I'm not really an eye contact person so I don't usually catch small facial expressions. I usually get nervous easily and feel the blood rush to my face and have been told its very noticeable so I guess it depends on the severity of your reaction, depending on the scale of the information you've been told or the degree to which something can 'shock' you would make a noticeable response. But I'd say the majority of the time people won't catch you.

On second thought I notice where peoples eyes go more then facial expressions - I occasionally see a quick glance towards my beer belly, and think not to wear whatever shirt i'm wearing again because it draws attention to it lol.

Absurdity

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 11:03 PM
-->
When I'm upset it's usually plainly evident in my expression. Other than that I've been told I am difficult to read, and my default expression is inscrutable. I rarely display any enthusiasm and most people can't tell when I'm pleased by something. This has led numerous people to come to the conclusion that I don't like them or that I'm depressed, which I don't mind since it usually means they leave me alone.

I've also been told that it's difficult to tell whether I'm drunk or not unless I've gotten to the point where I lose control of all my actions, then it is obnoxiously apparent.

Reading the expressions of others isn't something that comes naturally, but I can be pretty perceptive of body language when I focus. When I really push myself I can even be said to be somewhat charismatic, but this is by way of calculation and careful study rather than any sort of natural ability. Hold eye contact longer than usual but not to the point of being creepy, mirror the body language of the other person (have to be subtle so the person doesn't realize what you're doing). It can be a fun experiment at times, although very taxing.

Top Bottom