• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Incident of the Week Past

Ragnar

A Master From Germany
Local time
Today 6:38 PM
-->
Tragically, on the 15th a database went west, and since then the site was inaccessible. Michael and others from URLJet worked incredibly since. I supplied spare databases and they weren't accepted, from my personal Full Back-up of the 13th --- the R1 back-up system URLJet use didn't work --- finally with much additional work today Michael installed the complete back-up of the 13th mentioned.

Therefore posts from 14th to 15th went into the aether. And actions too.

Our regrets.

It has been a strenuous 6 days, but mainly for Michael.

Put not your trust in back-ups.

Ragnar

A Master From Germany
Local time
-->
Note also, as with notice at the top, intpforum cookies should be wiped out before logging in if possible, if you see the OOPs message XF favours, log out or don't log in, destroy the cookies if any, then log in.

Passwords are not dependent on cookies.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
Today 11:38 AM
-->
Lemonade spilled on my modem last Thursday. I am at the library. When I do get my new modem in the mail I will wipe cookies. Chrome has options not to wipe passwords and other selected items. Usually Chrome has "stay longed in" perm activated. It is rare I need log in, for month even I stay longed in to INTP form.

So the database moved from Europe to America?

Ragnar

A Master From Germany
Local time
-->
Nah, URLJet has always been one of the shining lights of America, Cheyenne, WY to be exact. I rather think it was Kansas City before...

Still, nearly a week's struggling... Sometimes I thought it gone, cos if back-ups don't work I couldn't recreate it from memory.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
Today 12:38 PM
-->
How do I delete my cookies for this site only?

Ragnar

A Master From Germany
Local time
-->
You don't have to, since you're in.

:cheerleaderkitties:

But if you ever wanted to, on Firefox for example, go to preferences, privacy, show cookies --- type in as much of the site as you want in search, such as 'intp' --- and either select and remove individual cookies or 'remove all'.

The latter only takes out those of the searched category, not all cookies.

Pyropyro

Magos Biologis
Local time
Tomorrow 1:38 AM
-->
Hi Ragnar. Thanks to you and your team for fixing the website. I thought you guys were down forever.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
Today 12:38 PM
-->
You don't have to, since you're in.

:cheerleaderkitties:

But if you ever wanted to, on Firefox for example, go to preferences, privacy, show cookies --- type in as much of the site as you want in search, such as 'intp' --- and either select and remove individual cookies or 'remove all'.

The latter only takes out those of the searched category, not all cookies.

Thank you for explaining.

MaximeV

Redshirt
Local time
Today 7:38 PM
-->
After deleting all the cookies I still couldn't get in. I figured there are probably more people with that problem, so I wanted to let you know.

I made a new account.

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
Tomorrow 3:38 AM
-->
such dedication

Ragnar

A Master From Germany
Local time
-->
After deleting all the cookies I still couldn't get in. I figured there are probably more people with that problem, so I wanted to let you know.

I made a new account.

I'll ask around, but I've no idea why this would happen: have you tried your real account with a different browser ?

Incidentally, we're quite uninterested in people having extra accounts here. Sock-Puppetry is the Hobgoblin of Little Admin Minds.

Just remember, he who lives more accounts than one, more deaths than one must die.

[ I really miss post-titles. ]

Pyropyro

Magos Biologis
Local time
Tomorrow 1:38 AM
-->
I'll ask around, but I've no idea why this would happen: have you tried your real account with a different browser ?

Incidentally, we're quite uninterested in people having extra accounts here. Sock-Puppetry is the Hobgoblin of Little Admin Minds.

Just remember, he who lives more accounts than one, more deaths than one must die.

[ I really miss post-titles. ]

I think we should let cases like this pass if the technical issue remains unresolved. Just to balance it out with the protocol on extra accounts, may I suggest the following:

1. have new account PM a mod to identify their old account.
2. have Mod confirm that they are who they supposed to be.
3. ban old account and publicly announce/explain that the new account is the continuation of the old one.

Ignore this suggestion if said tech issues are addressed.

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
On my phone, after clearing all browser data, couldnt log in with chrome, firefox + 2 others.

Ragnar

A Master From Germany
Local time
-->
URLJet asks: 'Have they cleared cookies after logout? --- Please ask them to do this, then report back if clearing cookies allowed them to login after this logout issue.'

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Well, for me it worked only after installing a completely new browser (firefox beta for android). Dunno if that's because of the browser itself or because the others didn't clear all the data properly.

scorpiomover

The little professor
Local time
-->
Ah. Well, shame that you had so much trouble.

Glad that INTP forum is back up.

Lemonade spilled on my modem last Thursday.
What a waste of lemonade. :shame:

Top Bottom