• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Indie games

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
Yesterday 11:34 PM
-->
The Last Night

This is a short, moody, cyberpunk adventure game in the spirit of Flashback & Blade Runner. Made in 6 days by two young brothers living in Paris : Tim Soret & Adrien Soret. Original music & sound design by Laurent Lozano. Additional tracks by Chemise & Scratch Massive.

I can never get enough of this one even though it's extremely short; it's such a shame that so few developers experiment with the genre.

What are some other cool indie games out there?

Happy

sorry for english
Local time
Today 5:34 PM
-->
The Binding of Isaac comes highly recommended from me.

Cheeseumpuffs

Proudly A Sheeple Since 2015
Local time
-->
Have you heard of Skyrim? It's a pretty underappreciated game by this relatively unknown developer called EA (which is a pretty witty (imo) abbreviation of ElectronicArts).

Yellow

for the glory of satan
Local time
Today 12:34 AM
-->
I don't know what indie games means. You mean like open-source? I've mentioned it before, but I'm still obsessed with the game Tales of Maj'Eyal (ToME).

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
-->
A full Metroid 2 remake in the style of Super Metroid: http://metroid2remake.blogspot.com/p/about-project.html

If you preferred the side scrolling style and thought Fusion wasn't enough.

@Yellow I don't want to discourage contributions, but if a definition is really needed I guess I was thinking of a project made without the constraints of a deadline or company profit.

INTPaleoant

Epistemologist
Local time
Today 6:34 AM
-->
The Cat Lady
Eldritch
FarSky
Her Story
The Novelist
Remember Me
Shelter
Slenderman: The Arrival
Styx: Master of Shadows
theHunter: Primal
Year Walk

theboogieman

Redshirt
Local time
Today 2:34 PM
-->
I'm a huge fan of indie games.

Some of my favorites are:

- FTL
- Rimworld
- This War of Mine
- 7 Days to Die
- Door Kickers
- Project Zomboid
- Hotline Miami
- Terraria
- Mount and Blade: Warband
- Frozen Synapse/Frozen Cortex

Ex-User (9086)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
From stuff (I think) you'd like:
Transistor (awesome story driven tactical rpg)
SuperHot (cleverly simplistic tactical fps)

Have you heard of Skyrim? It's a pretty underappreciated game by this relatively unknown developer called EA (which is a pretty witty (imo) abbreviation of ElectronicArts).
You mean Bethesda Softworks? EA would be a pretty witty shorthand for Bethesda...

(or explain the joke here)

TAC

Inspectorist
Local time
-->
Surgeon Simulator is a must
Braid is a classic
Rogue Legacy
Broforce was pretty entertaining
I love Indie Games

Cheeseumpuffs

Proudly A Sheeple Since 2015
Local time
-->

It's not so much a joke in the classical sense in that I'm not trying to make anyone other than myself laugh.

I just thought it was funny at the time to suggest Skyrim because it's not an indie game (also dropping the Elder Scrolls from the title makes it funnier to me for some reason). And then I figured if I was going to try and pretend it was an indie game, I should mention the "indie developers" and I thought it would be no fun if I actually got the developer right, so I decided to talk about EA as if they were the developers.

TheScornedReflex

(Per) Version of a truth.
Local time
Today 7:34 PM
-->
- Mount and Blade: Warband

I've poured so many hours into this game. I conquered the entire map as the Khergit Marshal then decided to carve myself a kingdom when the other factions re-emerged. Needed those homies and managed to marry into a family. Pretty good for a commoner mercenary captain lol.

Love how you start with nothing. Hate being captured and having to rebuild my company. Merchant riches help here. I did make a living as a manhunter for awhile whilst I leveled up and built up my force.

Jesus, i could talk about this game for hours.

I can't wait for Bannerlord to come out.

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
-->
From stuff (I think) you'd like:
Transistor (awesome story driven tactical rpg)
SuperHot (cleverly simplistic tactical fps)

You mean Bethesda Softworks? EA would be a pretty witty shorthand for Bethesda...

Yeah superhot was worth a try, and I have transistor bookmarked somewhere.

fwiw TES' degree of freedom is a miss for me. I think a dragons and swords type rpg in the first person sounds pretty cool, but the last two games have felt empty and lonely (similar to GTA once you complete the story). Imo it's crucial for immersion to have an atmosphere of liveliness and aesthetic in the taverns, towns, and market squares, which includes the music/OST.

Top Bottom