• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

INTPs in Healthcare

54000m

Redshirt
Local time
Today 4:46 PM
-->
For those of you INTPs who have ever had careers in healthcare (whether that was as a physician, dentist, pharmacist, nurse, x-ray technician, whatever), what was your experience like? How did you feel about what you were doing? What made you choose that career track in the first place? Do you have regrets about it?

I assume that any "helping profession" is going to be a major drain on an introvert's social energy. And if so, is the money/benefits/security/whatever worth the trade off?

54000m

Redshirt
Local time
-->
If House isn't an INTP, I imagine an INTP would think and feel much like he does (at least internally... whether or not they could keep it to themselves, I dunno...).

Columbo

Detecting...
Local time
-->
Is House from the tv show an INTP?

his extrovertedly strategic positioning within dynamc social situations would probably brand him more INTJ than intp...imo

that said, house probably wouldn't exist in healthcare outside of a tv drama show crwator's mind: society is way too ESF and far too many layers of administrators and the like would cut a billiant -yet ascerbic- character like house out of any actual real life healthcare scene. society and ESF admin types want feel good results not hard core excellent results with less fluffy bedside manner. no: the house character wouldn't be allowed

cheese

Prolific Member
Local time
Tomorrow 3:46 AM
-->
his extrovertedly strategic positioning within dynamc social situations would probably brand him more INTJ than intp...imo

that said, house probably wouldn't exist in healthcare outside of a tv drama show crwator's mind: society is way too ESF and far too many layers of administrators and the like would cut a billiant -yet ascerbic- character like house out of any actual real life healthcare scene. society and ESF admin types want feel good results not hard core excellent results with less fluffy bedside manner. no: the house character wouldn't be allowed

Cool fact: Surgeons come 5th in a ranking of professions with the highest number of psychopaths. Lamely, doctors came 9th on the opposing side (lowest number of psychopaths). This actually surprised me because almost every doctor I've met has been an NT with a learnt/perfunctory bedside manner and a naturally cutting or cavalier attitude.

The soft side of healthcare (caring, support, feeling happy) has real effects on health so there's solid reason to keep assholes out of the business.

Top Bottom