• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

INTPs think they smart.

Who is most intelligent?

• the INTP

Votes: 17 34.7%
  • the INTJ

Votes: 8 16.3%
  • the INFP

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • the INFJ

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • the ISFP

• the ISFJ

• the ISTJ

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • the ISTP

• the ENTP

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • the ENTJ

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • the ENFP

• the ENFJ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • the ESTJ Derp

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • the ESTP

• the ESFJ

• the ESTJ

• Total voters

own8ge

Existential Nihilist
Local time
Today 5:19 AM
-->
:beatyou:

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 6:19 PM
-->
Thus far three idiots took the bait, two smartasses decided to be contrarian, I was the ENTP and somewhere around here there's a lurking ISTJ.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
Today 1:19 AM
-->
Architect's busy, but I can fill in if you've submitted the correct paperwork.

Deleted member 1424

Everything I've read associates INTJs with the highest IQ. I figure at least one person should vote for them.

Cheeseumpuffs

Proudly A Sheeple Since 2015
Local time
Yesterday 10:19 PM
-->
Everything I've read associates INTJs with the highest IQ. I figure at least one person should vote for them.

Nah, I know an INTJ and I'm smarter than he is.

And that one case is definitely indicative of the entirety of INTJkind.

Minuend

pat pat
Local time
Today 6:19 AM
-->
this is like one of my top favorite polls 2014 top top 10/10

if i have to use my gangstas to assume who was the intelligentest, well I guess INTPs are kinda high up thar. But what do you expect hangin on INTPforum and most of your friends being from therhein

there is also a distinct type that are drawn to this site and who simultaneously identify as INTP

in contrast to like infjforum who all creeps identify as and will drag down the average IQ of

weeeeeee

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
Yesterday 11:19 PM
-->
creative smart N
artistic smart S
people smart F
book smart T

iterate if need be

creative people smart NF

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
:ahh: my bottom smarts...

Ex-User (9086)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Intuitive dominants and introverted sensors (savants) would/could have the highest potential, relying/trying to rely on the mbti theory.
So ENXP 10/10, IXTJ 9/10, IXXP 8.9/10, then it's pretty unimportant but probably really close to each other, with variances more due to genetic abnormality rather than being consistently typed here or there.

Sure, there is no way many people could stand to be demoted, which is fun.

paradoxparadigm7

Local time
Today 12:19 AM
-->
Introverted intuitives as a group. I'm torn between INFP and INTP. Voted for INFP. They probably embody both book and people smarts.

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
-->
I claim ESFP but it isn't there. There are two ESTJ slots?

Pyropyro

Magos Biologis
Local time
Today 1:19 PM
-->
I think we should define what smart is first.

Polaris

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
In my biased experience, ENTJ, ENFP, ENTP

The ENFPs and ENTPs seem to dominate in the gifted schools. But that is just some aspects of smart. INTPs are interesting, but useless.:p

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
-->
I think we should assume that what's generally understood to be meant by "smart" is ability to grasp (from a catalog of various) concepts and/or decent proficiency in at least one assigned discipline, with social graces being a supplemental category or perhaps the other half to it. If one, on paper, only excelled in interacting with people someone else would say they weren't smart because they weren't that interested in math. However, one doesn't necessarily need to be adept at sciences in order to be successful (should we define success?), and one's savoir faire could still be apparent in most situations. So all that's really needed is one's own specialty in at least one discipline and it can be seen how they're smart with it... If one were able to exercise everything they would be smart.

Analyzer

Hide thy life
Local time
-->
In my biased experience, ENTJ, ENFP, ENTP

The ENFPs and ENTPs seem to dominate in the gifted schools. But that is just some aspects of smart. INTPs are interesting, but useless.:p

Yes, INFP's and INTP's are superfluous.

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I think we should define what smart is first.
Intelligence is the ability to adapt one's behaviour to achieve a desired outcome.

In other words not how much you know but how fast you learn.

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
Today 4:19 PM
-->
ENTP's are out then since they don't learn anything.

Minuend

pat pat
Local time
-->
Why was the poll made anonymous? This is now moot. I'm sending an complaint to the High Coincell.

Brontosaurie

Banned
Local time
-->
hmm ENTP and INTJ more often give me the "d'oh should've thought of that" vibe than other types. i guess that's an ok measure of the kinds of properties associated with intelligence. although i can't make a strict distinction between intelligence and good really. the more i think about it the more they collapse. like pretty much everything... whatever

Cherry Cola

Banned
Local time
-->
I am INFJ. With my Ni -which isn't shackled by the rigid imperative morphology of Te- I have seen the truth: INFJ's are the smartest, they have the most holistic understanding of being.

RadicalDreamer31

Local time
-->
Doesn't matter how smart you are, if you can't overcome your slothy slothy instincts. I'm so lazy...

StevenM

beep
Local time
-->
NT's are good planners, designers, philosophers.
NF's are good counselors and can have a skillful emotional intelligence.
SJ's, are good at.... making a successful life...idk...
SP's are good at things too. I'm having a hard time generalizing it though.

StevenM

beep
Local time
-->
Stupid Jerks make me feel bad about mhself too.

Yes, there we go.

NF's are great at making people feel good about themselves.

SJ's are incredible at making us N's feel like worthless pieces of crap.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
Yes, there we go.

NF's are great at making people feel good about themselves.

SJ's are incredible at making us N's feel like worthless pieces of crap.

"Shame on you for saying something like that! What kind of human being are you???"

^^ like that? :D

StevenM

beep
Local time
-->
"Shame on you for saying something like that! What kind of human being are you???"

^^ like that? :D

Nah, that sounds like an NF when you hurt their feelings.

SJ's are like:

"My daughter has 2 full-time jobs, goes to school, babysits, and cuts grass for people. You aren't hurtin' yourself any. You don't amount to anything in the world. There is something inherently wrong with you. Nobody likes you. You need serious help. The skills that you have are useless and worthless. Don't you think you should be more like 'x'? Don't you think that you could be a little more ....normal?"

"You don't do 'x'. You don't do 'y' or 'z'. There is nothing you do that makes you worthy as a person. Now, I have to tell everyone I know and spread the word, and warn them of how pathetic you are. "

edit: even better - "You can't make it on your own. You won't go far without my help"

Sorry, I'm venting :walkout:

Helvete

Pizdec
Local time
Today 4:19 PM
-->

SJ's are like:

"My daughter has 2 full-time jobs, goes to school, babysits, and cuts grass for people. You aren't hurtin' yourself any. You don't amount to anything in the world. There is something inherently wrong with you. Nobody likes you. You need serious help. The skills that you have are useless and worthless. Don't you think you should be more like 'x'? Don't you think that you could be a little more ....normal?"

"You don't do 'x'. You don't do 'y' or 'z'. There is nothing you do that makes you worthy as a person. Now, I have to tell everyone I know and spread the word, and warn them of how pathetic you are. "

edit: even better - "You can't make it on your own. You won't go far without my help"

The counter is to play really really dumb and nice. They'll just like you and feel sorry enough to just do the stuff for you (the tedious things to get you on your way to doing anything). They'll lose telling you all that crap as hopefully they'll think you're too stupid/cannot help yourself. Once that's over you'll be left alone.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
NT's are good planners, designers, philosophers.
NF's are good counselors and can have a skillful emotional intelligence.
SJ's, are good at.... making a successful life...idk...
SP's are good at things too. I'm having a hard time generalizing it though.

im listening to star wars music right now so have to add this:

52725085.jpg

DrSketchpad

Local time
-->
To be attuned to the force peacefully (in other words without turning to the dark side) you have to maintain calm and keep emotions to a minimum (In my admittedly limited experience this is the least traveled route of the ENFJ) I think it's more the area of the INTJ because of Ni foresight and Te judgement.

Local time
-->

SJ's are like:

Good synopsis of the SJ mind.

F*&^ all SJs. Can't stand them.

Local time
-->
The counter is to play really really dumb and nice. They'll just like you and feel sorry enough to just do the stuff for you (the tedious things to get you on your way to doing anything). They'll lose telling you all that crap as hopefully they'll think you're too stupid/cannot help yourself. Once that's over you'll be left alone.

I'm going to start a thread on "How to Deal with SJs" and use your quote here as the catalyst. I'd like to know how to implement psychological ju jitsu on them. I view them as the enemy of civilization (at least when they get too much power. If they are maintaining roads, putting bricks and mortar together in order to maintain roofs over the NTs' heads, food production for supply to cities, keeping the prisons well run then perhaps they are useful).

Cherry Cola

Banned
Local time
-->
What should be asked is which type has the greatest potential for intelligence? The answer: INFJ ofc

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
What should be asked is which type has the greatest potential for intelligence? The answer: INFJ ofc

Wait, I thought it was the INTPs who were always told, "OH U HAV SO MUCH POTENSHUL"!!!

Brontosaurie

Banned
Local time
-->
Wait, I thought it was the INTPs who were always told, "OH U HAV SO MUCH POTENSHUL"!!!

yeah INxJ are try-hards operating constantly at maximum capacity.

INTP's can do anything. but things are stupid.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
INTP's can do anything. but things are stupid.

gawd, that's such a t-shirt / bumper sticker.

INTPs: We can do anything
...but things are stupid, so we don't.

Yellow

for the glory of satan
Local time
-->
I was under the impression that ENFP have the highest IQ on average, so, I voted ENFP. But now that I have gone to find the studies I thought I saw years ago, I can't find them. In fact, I can't seem to find decent studies to support any type. Just a lot of conjecture, anecdotes, and poor/self-report studies pointing to INTP and INTJ.

Brontosaurie

Banned
Local time
-->

StevenM

beep
Local time
-->
Some people can have me profusely face-palming. It's as though they would readily jump off a cliff, and squeal with delight the whole way down, not even worrying about the fate that awaits, until that time came.

That being figurative of course, but some people frequently take a very costly gamble for an unlikely, and worthless prize. And I'm quick to point out that they are 'stupid'.

Yet, I find myself envious at the same time, at how evasive they are of the likely consequences. It seems it isn't a conscious effort; it almost had me believed something metaphysical has taken to them.

Putting aside our conception of 'intelligence'; when assuming the definition of 'ability', these people definitely have possession of something that I seriously lack. Optimism, and an extreme focus on the present moment, a wealthy life of rich experience and connections, luck, confidence and bravery.

Seteleechete

Together forever
Local time
-->
A motivated/ambitious INTP

Top Bottom