• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

INTPs - what are the types of your 5 best friends?

LOLZ9000

Local time
Today 7:24 AM
-->
Or if you don't have 5 best friends, then your top X best friends.

Mine:

INTJ - great deep convos, mostly about interesting topics/theories/concepts
INTJ - great deep convos, mostly about interesting topics/theories/concepts
INFP - great deep convos, more about life than specific topics
INFP - great deep convos, more about life than specific topics
ENTP - 100 mph talking about anything and everything, from light-hearted humor to the abstract, perfect mindmates

PaulMaster

Local time
-->
Or if you don't have 5 best friends, then your top X best friends.

I dont think I have 5 and I certainly dont have 10.

:elephant:

I have no idea. I know a lot of people but I wouldn't call any of them best friends.

The person I'm closest to is an ISFJ. My dad is an ESTP.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
Today 3:24 AM
-->
INTP
ENTP
ENFJ
INFP
IxFJ
ESTJ

Brontosaurie

Banned
Local time
Today 8:24 AM
-->
INFJ
INTJ
ISFJ
ENFP
?ENTP
?ESFP
?INFP
?INFJ

(no INTP, answer anyway)

Rainer

Eater
Local time
-->
INFJ
ENFP
INTJ
ENFP
INTP
INTP
INTP
INxJ

My ex-girlfriend was an ISFP
Strong sensing types are usually offputting to me.

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
INTP
ENFP
ENFP
ENFJ
ESFP

Happy

sorry for english
Local time
Today 6:24 PM
-->
ENTJ
ENxJ
INTJ
INTx
ISTP

kora

Omg wow imo
Local time
-->
ENTP is boyfriend

good friends (two female, two male) are :
INTJ
ENFP
ESTP
ISFJ

me iz INFJ

Yellow

for the glory of satan
Local time
Today 1:24 AM
-->
trap.png

INTPs don't have five best friends!

I have my INTJ, and a very drifted friendship with an ENFP I've known since I was 18. I think I'm still technically the godmother of his children, but we've not even had contact in over a year (not on purpose, we're just both flakes, we both move a lot, and we haven't even lived within 500 miles of each other in like a decade).

I guess my INTJ has a friend he's drifting from that I hang out with when he does, which is like 1-2 times a year. They're an ISTP/ESTJ couple (the woman is the ESTJ, and she not-so secretly hates my INTJ), and an ISFP guy he's worked with a few times who's wife also not-so secretly hates my INTJ, but I've never met her, so she can't count.

Does that count as 5 best friends?
*sobs uncontrollably* Oh god, I'm so lonely!

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
I have one best friend (INTP)... the rest are cannon fodder.
Really, an ESFJ should be on that list, but she's demoted for being an SJ...F.

But I'm quite fond of my ESFP too I suppose.. infact, I think she might be an ESTP.. she's a nice person, and isnt stupid. A sensor.. but not an annoying or boring one.

I wish I knew more ENTP's.

Tannhauser

angry insecure male
Local time
-->
OP is hiddenly bragging that he has 5 friends.

GracelessDancer

Redshirt
Local time
Today 3:24 PM
-->
My friend group last year was made up of intuitives.

ENFP (the ringleader, who liked to give hugs)
INFP (has dreams of becoming the next Shakespeare)
INTP (the most levelheaded one in the group)
ENTP (she had sarcasm battles with the ENFP)
ENFx (was "married" to the ENFP)

I have another friend who's an ENFJ, but she isn't part of the group I mentioned.

Architect

Professional INTP
Local time
-->
Few have more than a couple close friendships, people who claim large friendship circles are most likely including casual friends. Even dominant extroverts or sensors usually have one or two in my experience*. A real friendship takes work and time and we all have lots of demands.

I have one best friend, ISFP, and another close friend (INTP) who is rather a flake. I think he freaks at being too close of friends, its annoying seeing myself from the other side.

Otherwise my family are really also my closest friends, my INFJ wife and INTP son. The rest of my family are family. Hard to bridge the S-N gap with them, not from lack of trying on my side.

Two close friends, ISFP and INTP. I couldn't handle any more than that. Real friendship takes time and some work, I don't bother investing much in casual friendships. Those S dominants on Facebook who claim to have 100's of friends have

* INTP's who bemoan not having a lot of friends are just giving in to their inferior. Really nobody has lots of friends, instead we all have lots of casual friends.

LOLZ9000

Local time
-->
It seems that you assume there is a clear delineation between "close friends" and "casual friends". For me, best friends are those who I can talk to and connect with immediately whether we spoke 10 minutes ago or 10 years ago. It comes from being familiar with each others' souls/natures/minds, and the ability to seamlessly continue where we left off regardless of distance/time away.

This is probably easier for us N-types, whereas S-types likely need more constant contact and filling each other in regarding the details of their lives to feel/remain connected.

I have at least 5+ of the first type of friend, based on how my own definition.

Cherry Cola

Banned
Local time
-->
It seems that you assume there is a clear delineation between "close friends" and "casual friends". For me, best friends are those who I can talk to and connect with immediately whether we spoke 10 minutes ago or 10 years ago. It comes from being familiar with each others' souls/natures/minds, and the ability to seamlessly continue where we left off regardless of distance/time away.

Nicely said man!

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->
INTP
ENFP
ISTP
ENTJ

5 friends sounds gross. I barely see or talk to those four as is :ahh:

Archer

slightly inebriated
Local time
-->
ENTJ
ENTP
INFP

ENTJ is fun to hang out with when she's not being an ENTJ force of nature, we bounce a lot of ideas off each other and provide different perspectives on things. I feel comfortable saying we know way too much about each other.
ENTP is always fun to hang out with, he was a great business partner and is a great friend.
INFP is more relaxed than the other two, we recently got together over coffee and talked for five or so hours. She's incredibly easy to talk to.

Sly-fy

Local time
Today 5:24 PM
-->
I dont think I have 5 and I certainly dont have 10.

:elephant:

I have no idea. I know a lot of people but I wouldn't call any of them best friends.

The person I'm closest to is an ISFJ. My dad is an ESTP.

I`m just going to copy/paste this answer, if you don`t mind. Except my dad`s been dead for 20 years but none the less he was an ESTP, like yours.

The Gopher

President
Local time
-->
Lets see.
Don't know.
Don't know.
ESXP?
Don't know.
Don't know.

Alias

empirical miracle
Local time
-->
I have like a group of 7 (including me) that hang out closely together. 2 are my brothers, so I'll just list off friends regardless of that group.

ENFP dude, he's been close for a few years.
An ENFJ I know, she's cool, but I wish we were closer (physically and metaphorically). She's the most morally reassuring.
ENTJ dude, leader of the group. A bit cocky but he's cool. He gets his hopes up a bit too much.
ENTP guy. He's really hard to type. He does blast ideas constantly, and he's extremely loud and brash.
Wild Card space. I have no idea who to put here, because I can pass by the rest of my friends.

I still do feel lonely. I like Extraverted Intuitives, it's cool I know so many.

Architect

Professional INTP
Local time
-->

This is probably easier for us N-types, whereas S-types likely need more constant contact and filling each other in regarding the details of their lives to feel/remain connected.

I have at least 5+ of the first type of friend, based on how my own definition.

I agree about the part how intuitives are more comfortable without constant contact. The S dominants need more constant, especially proximity contact. However if you include that then I have hundreds of best friends. People I knew well or closely decades ago, I still remember them clearly as you describe, but to conflate that with 'best' friend kills the idea. They're not my best friend anymore, I just haven't forgotten them.

And on that I, even while dominant S types might need more contact, I don't think they easily forget either.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->

It's funny because while I listed some types here, the reality is that despite being my closest friends, I probably see the ENFJ and the ESTJ the most. I eat lunch with the ENFJ once a month, and go visit the ESTJ once every 3-5 months. The others -- well, the INTP would be my closest friend, the one where we can call each other at 2am if necessary without worry if something comes up. But I've only seen him twice in the past six years, and one of those was at my dad's funeral. (We live three hours away.)

I guess for most people, "close" means seeing them a lot. For me, it's more about being in sync with them as you've said so that regardless of time passage, we're still in sync.

But as I get older, there is something to be said for proximity. It would just be nice to be able to be able to spend time more regularly around the people I'm in sync with.

Absurdity

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 12:24 AM
-->
I'm probably an INTJ.

GF probably an INFP or INTP.

Current friends:
ENFJ
INTP
ISTP

Friends who have drifted:
ESFP x 2
ISTP

Xenobot

Redshirt
Local time
-->
I'm not certain I even have one best friend, let alone 5!

Archer

slightly inebriated
Local time
-->
ENTP guy. He's really hard to type. He does blast ideas constantly, and he's extremely loud and brash.

Ha, reminds me of the time when ENTP friend and I were at a sushi restaurant. He had just started dating this cheerleader and was loudly -- and extremely graphically -- describing what having sex with her was like. We were surrounded by families with small children.

dabbu

supreme ruler of the universe
Local time
-->
INFP x2 - i talk to them the most!! they're the ones to start a conversation tho... mostly about daily life (not really interesting but meh... i'm not sure if one of them is actually intp too, i've made friends with him recently)
all infps i've met are adorable!!
INTP x3 - i love to talk to them about theories and mbti in general!! but we almost never talk because no one starts a convo
ENTP - great friend!! he's fun to hang out with. sometimes we talk about deep stuff as well

even though i don't talk to them frequently, i consider them my close friends!! i think one of them actually hates me but w/e

my ex was an intp... it was nice until he got too clingy and i felt suffocated :^|
(i'm an intp!!)

Nebulous

Local time
-->
INTJ- my favorite person in the entire world, ohmygosh. I swear we have some sort of psychic connection. We've been best friends since we were like 11

ISFJ- new friend from school this year. She's so wonderful mygoshh. She's very pessimistic so we get along really well.

~~~
Can I count my imaginary friends?

Silent Sage

Local time
Today 2:24 AM
-->
INTP- Thought she was INFP, I still have my suspicions. ("bestie")
INFP- Friendly people (some peers/associates), (one close friend, maybe)
INTJ- Make for intelligent conversation. (actually, I just listen in on them during debates...so intense)

I'm not good at typing. 3 or 4 people fall into one of those three categories

1 or 2 people might
be
ExFx
and ENTx

AphroditeGoneAwry

Baby in the corner
Local time
-->
INFPs, INTJs, and INTPs (MALES-though I am not as close to them as I wish I were. INTP females are just too weird lol)

Those are my fav types to hang with.

Alias

empirical miracle
Local time
-->
Ha, reminds me of the time when ENTP friend and I were at a sushi restaurant. He had just started dating this cheerleader and was loudly -- and extremely graphically -- describing what having sex with her was like. We were surrounded by families with small children.

Just a few days ago I was reading, so my ENTP friend sneaked up to me, and shouted in my ear. A few moments later I realized what he had said and the joke he was trying to go for, but nevertheless I was confused.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
Friends. They're not just for breakfast anymore. (They're for lunch and dinner too.)

Aviator8

I wanted to be a star, so i irradiated myself
Local time
-->
I don't have 5 friends, but the 4 I have are

INTP-because we understand each other and can avoid others together
INTP-because we understand to respect each other and understand our jokes
INTJ-psychologist who understands me well enough to understand what I say and act correctly on it
ENTJ-military warlord with whom I argue because it is fun

HDINTP

Local time
-->
Man. I have difficulty to define what "Best Friend" really is my whole life. On the other hand I do not have many beings that I remain in contact a lot from my own initiative/or did. If I choose them then there is 2 of them:

1) INTJ - We do not see each other physically. However I do belive it was/is/will be my best friend. He is just timeless...

2) ENFJ - When I last moved so since then...

3) As some of you probably know from my past posts Father is ISTP - But that's different kind of relationship

I

HDINTP

Local time
-->
Funny, my most recent ex was also ISFP.

I am not sure it is "funny" seems rather scary to me :). Anyway I find interesting that ISFPs seem to attract me as well. I never had ISFP girlfriend but yeah seem good option for me. Could it be that they are sensitive and maybe how understanding for oddities...?

Mapple

Redshirt
Local time
-->
(In order starting from favorite friend)

INFP (she's also my girlfriend)
ENFP
INFJ
INFP
ENTJ

And my last friend is an INTP.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
ENFJ x 2
ISTJ

The ENFJ's are the only ones willing to understand me and really listen to what I have to say.
The ISTJ is someone who often has a completely different view on things, but some things we can really see eye to eye on.

And that about does it for who my friends are, two of them are family members.

Georgius

INTP
Local time
-->
INTP - The enneagram type 5 (him) and type 9 (me) difference is really prevalent between us, we can have really deep conversations and really like each other but we never really communicate, he's preoccupied with school work I imagine or he's busy smashing WarFrame again, when we do talk it's great though.

INTJ - Fell in love with this girl, she doesn't return the feelings which kind of hurts but we're still great friends, she enjoys the weird conversation topics, normally she's the one to come up with the conversations topics and I'm the one to come up with the ideas. She either asks for advice or comes up with a strange conversation topic and that usually entertains me for a long time, I don't normally come up with practical solutions - in her opinion, I would totally ward people away with the science of hugs if they asked for one - but I'm pretty good at telling her which ideas are better than others.

INTJ - Really good friend although I never really go out partying with him or anything, with him and the ESFP they say they enjoy being around me as I'm funny and I don't really judge anyone or anything as I'm weirder than them in everyway anyway. I wouldn't really have any meaningful conversations with him but that's because there's no problem I can really help him with that he can't handle himself, unlike the other INTJ this one is far better than me in social situations despite having anxiety - I don't care enough what people think and/or am oblivious to it.

ESFP - Very similar circumstance with the above, he openly says he really enjoys playing games with me but there's never really any other circumstance to talk with because unlike the top two on this list these other two don't really have as much knowledge or interest in gaining knowledge about physics and maths, they're more like professional druggies at this point - they know loads about that stuff.

Local time
-->
- 2 X INTJ (3w4 and 1w9) - both rigid and annoying, happen to be in my family, still like them very much.

- 2 x INFJ (4w5 and 3w4) - first - a nihilistic aesthetically oriented highly sensitive stoner, second - a best friend for 7 years now, possibly an E, can be both silly and intellectual together

- type awesome and mindfuck. Seems like some weird mix between ENTP and ISTP. Probably the first one. The thing I'm sure about is Ti. Actually got ESTP on a test but doesn't fit at all, also according to his own words.

- this eccentric artsy ISFP running around, who I am not supposed to like but I do. Much better click than with INFP-s . In regard of them, no idea if I intimidate them with radical directness, if I'm not "authentic" enough for their cosmic standards, or whatever. They tend to keep distance from me. Turns out they do a good thing.

Curious there don't happen to be other INTP-s on the list. All I know are immature as hell and annoy me. But, as it is said, it takes a bastard to know a bastard.

xbox

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 8:24 PM
-->
INFP - consistent but careful friendship (meh)
ENFJ - adventurous friend
INTP - yeah
ENTP - yeah
INFJ - 1 friend thats kool and chill

CitizenErased

Redshirt
Local time
Today 4:24 AM
-->
All introverted, which is awesome because they have and respect the sacred "me time".

2 INTPs (and the ones I get along better, I'm kind of a MBTI nazi?)
1 ISTP
1 demented INFJ
(I'm receiving applications for the fifth post, haha)

Top Bottom