• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

INxJ and Je

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
Yesterday 8:16 PM
-->
I was wondering what the difference between Fe and Te is. I am supposed to be INTJ yet others have typed me as INFJ in the past. So I am confused. What I think the difference is is this: Fe is essentially flat affect, Fi is more bubbly. INTJ has Fi so has a core humor. Fe really has no core. That is not to say no emotion and no empathy but that it is very detached, Fi is invested / very involved in things.

Te cuts through all the red tape when it comes to what works. It really dislikes speculations that do not align with its goals/agenda. Not to say it does not speculate just that Ti must resolve all thought into a unified theory where Te just wants to get things done. This theory making is what sets apart INFJ from INTJ. Fe is important as a judging function to evaluate in a detached way good and bad but Te does not evaluate it judges how to do something. Ti as a theory in INFJ is the how of a structure, a theory.

So Ni being a vision Te is a way of achieving that vision and Fi is judging the personal meaning that vision has for the INTJ. For the INFJ the vision "Ni" is judged as acceptable or unacceptable and Ti creates a theory around that.

This is why I am INTJ and not INFJ. I have no ethical evaluation around my vision, I just want to create things with Te based on personal meaning Fi. I have no grand ethical theory, I have projects suiting my interests. What I find appealing to do. What is worth my time. Not to say I always succeed. My goals are not limited by practicality so I fail and lose confidence. I am not what may be thought of as INTJ. I have a heart and do not debate in logic like Spock but that is a stereotype. I am as much an INTJ as any other. ideas are important to me. I am ethical but that is not the focus of my cognition.

BurnedOut

Beloved Antichrist
Local time
Today 7:46 AM
-->
MBTI seems more like astrology to me. Now the reason behind joining this forum....Ask them about Karl Marx and you will find them stuttering.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
Yesterday 8:16 PM
-->
Irrational Functions Update: Ne vs Ni

sushi

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 3:16 AM
-->
stop switching types and stick to one.

only you can know your own type and self, people who cliam they know your type better than you know yourself is BSing.

its the difference between NJ and NP.

scorpiomover

The little professor
Local time
-->
I was wondering what the difference between Fe and Te is. I am supposed to be INTJ yet others have typed me as INFJ in the past. So I am confused.
In INxJs, it's the difference that you can see in the behaviours of INTJs and the behaviours of INFJs.

What I think the difference is is this: Fe is essentially flat affect, Fi is more bubbly.
INTJs tend to lean towards displaying psychopathic traits, which is an indicator of flat affect.

INFJs tend towards more emotional expressions and particularly a tendency to behave emotionally in a way that makes others feel good, which tends to result in the INFJ appearing to have a 'bubbly personality' to other people, particularly when younger.

Fi is invested / very involved in things.

Fi is found in INFPs and INTJs. Both types tend to show a strong passion in the things they care about, but little to no interest in things that matter greatly to 99% of the world.

Te cuts through all the red tape when it comes to what works.

Those with the strongest Te are ENTJs and ESTJs. I've had ENTJs are both teachers and bosses. In both examples, they would say "their door is always open" when it came to questions about the work.

When I had questions about the work, my ENTJ boss would spend as much time as it took to address all of my concerns, even when it took an hour to do so, despite the fact that they clearly had a lot of other things to deal with on top.

My ENTJ teacher would take as long as it took to explain questions to classmates, how to solve them, and why it was better to solve things that way. In one case, my ENTJ teachers spent 3 whole days explaining one question to one student who didn't get it wrong, even though everyone else in the class understood it perfectly, and as a result, held up the entire class for 3 whole days.

They both displayed a marked tendency to cut through red tape and ignoring speculations, but only in a very specific way:

My ENTJ teacher had a certain style of teaching. He would explain things in detail, until we all understood, no matter how long it took. Then he would give us 3 times the amount of homework as the other classes.

The consequence of this was that in the first 6 months, we had only covered half the material of the other classes, and were consequently 3 months behind. However, after 18 months of this method, we were 6 months ahead.

Most teachers could have done this. But in the 1st year, their superiors would have been criticising them heavily for such low performance of their students, and would have demanded they change to the usual style of teaching.

My ENTJ teacher didn't care what others thought of his methods, as long as the results spoke for themselves, and would happily take that pressure, no matter how hard it was for him, in the interests of getting a better result.

I have a similar experience with my ENTJ boss. We were in charge of dealing with Y2K. Management had ordered that we sat in weekly meetings run by someone in higher management who was outside of our department. Before the first meeting, our ENTJ boss told us that he had a plan for Y2K, but because of office politics, we had to sit in on the meetings anyway. However, we were to ignore whatever was said in those meetings and stick to his plan.

He probably came in for major flack and pressure from his superiors for doing this. But he didn't care, because he knew that his strategy would work and theirs wouldn't.

It really dislikes speculations that do not align with its goals/agenda. Not to say it does not speculate just that Ti must resolve all thought into a unified theory where Te just wants to get things done.

As I've said, I saw the exact opposite in ENTJs. However, INTJs have often remarked on their dislike of speculation.

I have discovered that younger INTJs, talking about their Ni, tended to say that they focus on their goal, and then just keep heading towards it like a guided missile.

Younger INTJs thus dislike speculation, because it's keeping them from focussing totally on getting closer to their goal, even when those speculations prove beyond any doubt that their goals are unattainable, and therefore are wasting everyone's time.

Fe is important as a judging function to evaluate in a detached way good and bad but Te does not evaluate it judges how to do something. Ti as a theory in INFJ is the how of a structure, a theory.
I have noticed that more mature INTJs tend to say that before they pursue their goals, that they want to perform empirical tests to check if their direction is worth pursuing. This tends to save masses of time trying rabbit holes that have no chance of success, which in turn tends to make them highly productive.

I have discovered that Te is supposed to be about being practical, and this is being practical. Ergo, the desire to question your goals and to put them to empirical testing before wasting everyone's time trying things that won't work, is a function of Te.

sushi

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
introverted intuition is about intense focus on something towards a goal or future, something aspergerish. it is more tunnel vision.

extroverted intuition is more board random, have a general idea of the future, but lack static planning. the difference is not large

sushi

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Ne: reading many books and try to find the best book, but often unfinished

Ni: develop a systematic plan to finish a book for beginning to end, plan yourself ahead to future and reach that point

Daddy

Making the Frogs Gay
Local time
Yesterday 10:16 PM
-->
Honest, you should just forget this type stuff. It is out of grasp for most people anyway, they just drive themselves crazy thinking about this stuff, and if you manage to get close to the truth, you realize it's not that significant in relation to most other self-identity things...

sushi

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
i agree, MBTI type to self identity is not that relevant

Top Bottom