• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Jokes, Games, and Stories

Inexorable Username

Local time
Today 4:50 PM
-->
Things get too heavy here sometimes.
I've been working on improving my sense of humor. It's been a long time coming. In an effort to be more self-disciplined, I've realized that I need to laugh and have more fun in life.

Join me in creating fun.

You can post:
- A "would you rather"
- A joke you've made up or found online
- A funny fact of life
- A hilarious personal story
- A response to the "superpower" question

The superpower question:
Create a superpower with a caveat. The superpower could be anything, but the caveat is an inherent, exceptional drawback to possessing said superpower.
Then answer this - would you still want it?
(For bonus points, select a superpower you think you already have, and its caveat)

Here's an example my nephew gave:
You can have the superpower to be made of sticky gum. You can climb buildings, stretch your limbs to a nearly endless degree - BUT, while you can stick to pretty much anything, you can't control what sticks to you.

Inexorable Username

Local time
-->
Personal story:

I lived with a guy once and his brother was really detached from the world, never had a girlfriend, and just totally didn't get women.

I asked him once if he'd drop me off at the mall (didn't have a car at the time). He drove me there, pulled up to the door, and then turned to me, and straight face asked "Do you want me to wait?"

"Uhhh....No. I want you to sit here in a hot car for the next 6 hours while I try on every pair of size 8 pants mass manufacturing has to offer."

"Oh...Okay...."

"I was kidding Zach. Go home. Thanks for the ride."

He seemed like he was really contemplative when he pulled away. Probably, he had to go home and think about why anyone would need 6 hours to pick up a pair of pants.

Inexorable Username

Local time
-->
Superpower (one that I already have):

The ability to become massively interested in almost virtually any subject matter, and hyper focus to such an insane degree that time, itself, stops.

Caveat: When time restarts, you jump 6 hours into the future and any plans you may have had have gone out the window.

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 9:50 AM
-->
Create a superpower with a caveat. The superpower could be anything, but the caveat is an inherent, exceptional drawback to possessing said superpower.
You have a personal genie that grants wishes but in exchange takes the life of whoever you care about most, the genie is smarter than you and can refuse to grant a wish if it thinks you're trying to swindle it and if you don't care about anyone the genie takes your life instead.

Inexorable Username

Local time
-->
You have a personal genie that grants wishes but in exchange takes the life of whoever you care about most, the genie is smarter than you and can refuse to grant a wish if it thinks you're trying to swindle it and if you don't care about anyone the genie takes your life instead.

Gd! Thats dark! I feel like that’s an easy gift to refuse though. I don’t think there’s anything I want well enough to lose the person I care about the most in my life.

What if the caveat is that you can have the wish, but a day at which you die will be selected, at random, during a natural human lifespan?

So you might end up dying a month from now if you were very unlucky, or towards the end of you’re natural life if you were very lucky, but chances are good it will be somewhere in between those two extremes.

I think that would be an interesting caveat. The reality is that when it does come your time to die, if you know you are going to die, you’re always going to wonder if you chose to do it to yourself.

However, if you were fated to die an early death anyways, the genie may have prolonged your life. There’s no way to tell for sure.

The downside though, is that if you were slated to die a natural death of old age, as most are, you probably have reduced your lifespan.

Top Bottom