• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Let's beat the facial cues horse some more

Rualani

You Silly Willy
Local time
Today, 13:52
An idea has circulated around before that pieces of a persons personality can be picked up through various non-verbal cues. The pattern in which people give off these cues could be used to determine a persons cognitive functions. Interest in this concept has waxed and waned and now I'm here wanting talking about it. I acknowledge that I missed the train, but hey, let's beat this dead horse together :D.

My question is, "Anyone here still experimenting with it". I think I've seen a few posters mention it recently, but I can't remember.

Brontosaurie

Banned
Local time
Today, 14:52
If we assume zero correlation to anatomical features or facial cues, then typology is a dogmatic bullshit idea.

But it's also true that you see what you want to see.

This is a vastly complex field, silly to ignore but foolish to judge in.

Rualani

You Silly Willy
Local time
Today, 13:52
I agree. This being said, I have found an interesting home at cognitivetype for now on that issue. Remembers all the times that English teacher said phrases like ,that being said, was a sin. Noooooooo

Sly-fy

Local time
Today, 22:52
Although people`s mood of the moment is directly linked to their facial features, so that even an INTP who`s having a laugh attack about a brilliant math joke or an ESFP jock who`s feeling depressed can give misguiding cues, 99% of the time I would say that the differences between such extreme types are highly noticeable (to myself anyway, and I`m no expert in facial cueing.)

Noticing who`s an introvert and who`s an extrovert are the easiest differences to weed out by the wideness of one`s eyes, and the level of gleeful enthusiasm therein, followed by who`s a thinker as opposed to a feeler and vice-versa, although I`d most attribute the ability to tell those apart by one`s body language and mannerisms before it becomes apparent by any facial cues. However, whether someone`s a sensing or an intuituve person or a judging/perceiving type are, to me at least unapparent by one`s face that they`re making.

Curious, the only way that I know (or think I know) to spot different types is through the faces that people themselves make in reaction to situations, or the default face that they make (but the word "make" being the key.) I`m not sure if I`d be able to spot whether an unconscious person is this type or that type, simply from the shape of their face, unless of course they wore nerdy glasses or had a fighter`s black eye or scars, or any other obvious, stereotypical clues like that. Is there even a way to tell these things by how a face appears genetically, regardless the artificially made face by the person themself in response to external (and sometimes internal) stimulants?

Top Bottom