• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Marketing strategy

TheManBeyond

Banned
Local time
Today 8:39 PM
-->
Objects in the mirror might look closer than they
OK, so lately i've been listening to this band Crystal Palaces and I really like their music and their aesthetics so I thought one of my songs would fit nicely their genre so I started adding synths digital drums and stuff and I think the result is kind of nice. It sounds as it could be actually them playing my song on their style.
So I was thinking about making a joke video using footage from one of this band concerts and using my song as background. Adding some ambience concert noise and title it as if they were covering my band original song.
I think certainly it will have a lot of views in some months at least among their fans but this can cause a hate reaction on them. So I might get more views on my music and videos but a lot of negative comments and ratings.
Is it worth the fun?
You find it offensive? To be so direct?
I might do more remixes of my songs for other underground artists such as molly nilsson.
The only thing that stops me from doing it right away is the feeling of destroying my own music image.
But at the same time who cares at 2017?
Youtube is full of nobodies with millions of views and even fanbase who's only merit is to have covered some famous song. Why can't I cover myself pretending Its a famous artist? :D

The Gopher

President
Local time
Tomorrow 5:39 AM
-->
Do it, unlist the videos. Show us both and a similar song the artists do. Only then can we tell you if it's a good idea or not.

TheManBeyond

Banned
Local time
-->
gopher my old enemy
yeah, i am doing it atm, thing is i'm not used to produce electronic music so the mix will be raw as fuck, which can be cool perhaps
anyway, i'll post it when i have it
also doing some video for showing it in Instagram without the joke, just personal footage

u all follow me on Instagram:

mosquitospacial

TheManBeyond

Banned
Local time
-->
i am not sure what you mean, but anyway thanks :P

here it is, the fake cover, haha, i couldn't bother to edit it so it fit nicely the whole thing so i just did a small part, the keyboard guy movement is so hypnotic
perhaps if i'm lucky someone will check my stuff

youtube.com /watch?v=a6Q_OvA6okw

Top Bottom