• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

most dangerous technology to humans if left unregulated

sushi

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 8:42 PM
-->
what do you think are the most technology and consequences if unregulated

Brain technology ?
AI and autonomous weapons?
genetic egineering annd biotech?
drugs and chemistry?
nanotechnology
bring people back from dead
viruses and plagues?

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 8:42 AM
-->
The automation of warfare is more about logistics than anything else, before a tank aims and fires it needs to be on the battlefield in working condition with ammo in its magazine and fuel in its fuel-tanks. Building a tank is an effort intensive process, building many tanks is a very effort intensive process, transporting a tank halfway around the world is expensive, transporting many tanks halfway around the world is very expensive. Keeping those tanks armed, refueled and in working order is a very expensive and effort intensive task, anything that reduces the cost and effort lets you deploy more tanks, having better tanks is sometimes advantageous, having more tanks is always advantageous.

One absolutely unbeatable tank will win every battle but an endless supply of tanks will win a war and even the unbeatable tank still needs to be rearmed, refueled and repaired, without that support it's inevitably an inert mound of metal that can't do anything.

An autonomous tank is a gimmick, an autonomous factory will conquer the world.

The most exploitable one, I don't see much difference between mind control, holding a gun to someone's head or making them hopelessly financially dependent on the medicine only your company produces.

sushi

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
drug technology and genetic engineering can really lead to bad consequneces if left unchecked

how much conseqeunces and damage can the technology create.

The automation of warfare is more about logistics than anything else, before a tank aims and fires it needs to be on the battlefield in working condition with ammo in its magazine and fuel in its fuel-tanks. Building a tank is an effort intensive process, building many tanks is a very effort intensive process, transporting a tank halfway around the world is expensive, transporting many tanks halfway around the world is very expensive. Keeping those tanks armed, refueled and in working order is a very expensive and effort intensive task, anything that reduces the cost and effort lets you deploy more tanks, having better tanks is sometimes advantageous, having more tanks is always advantageous.

One absolutely unbeatable tank will win every battle but an endless supply of tanks will win a war and even the unbeatable tank still needs to be rearmed, refueled and repaired, without that support it's inevitably an inert mound of metal that can't do anything.

An autonomous tank is a gimmick, an autonomous factory will conquer the world.

The most exploitable one, I don't see much difference between mind control, holding a gun to someone's head or making them hopelessly financially dependent on the medicine only your company produces.

mind control is worst imo because it strips a person of free will, while your medicine example is only a monopoly.

Niclmaki

Disturber of the Peace
Local time
Today 3:42 PM
-->
In terms of what I think would be an issue soonest... I’d put my money on HUMAN bio-engineering.

99.99% chance only the rich and governments will have access.

How would plebs ever compete with humans+? Sure, there will be moral arguments against unnecessary engineering, but profits, and people with the means generally win out.

It will be dangerous because there would be an even wider gap in class form. It’s amazing it is already not an issue though. So maybe, life would just continue as usual, and no masses would rise up.

Besides that, I’d have to say nano-tech that can interact with the brain directly. I think there was even a mini-youtube series that kinda followed that premise.

onesteptwostep

Junior Hegelian
Local time
Tomorrow 4:42 AM
-->
Probably fire.

ZenRaiden

One atom of me
Local time
-->
I dont know, but currently I am thinking what would happen if they start using really aggressive pesticides in agriculture. I mean the ones being used are already deadly, but they could easly use more agressive ones. The ones currently in use are doing a lot of damage to nature already. Lot of beekeepers keep bees near fields. Then that pesticide gets into honey and than we eat it.

Not to mention the possibility of killing off bees completely.

In medicine there is huge problem with antibiotics.

If cloning becomes a process where a regular guy could clone things in his shed that be crazy. That could soon become reality.

Top Bottom