• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

most supportive types for INTP (imo)

Ex-User (8886)

Local time
Today 7:26 PM
-->
ESFJ, INFJ, ISFP, ENFJ -
I found these ppl very helpful for me, mostly because their support in feeling and everyday routine stuff. My best friend is ISFP and this is probably my most stable relationship, but we are tired of each other when spending too much time together; INFJ - great person for deeper conversations, sharing ideas; ENFJ - my room mate, we have so much to talk about everyday, and we know when to end a conversations, so they are not tiring for us; also we don't have any conflicts, it's one of the smoothest relationships I encountered. ESFJ is purely theoretical, but I knew one ESFJ girl with whom I had a lot of fun and good conversations when we were walking home together every day in high school [currently I'm looking for some ESFJs to verify if they are good for INTP];

types that I found the worst for me, mostly because of tons of conflicts, misunderstanding and lack of support:
-ESFP - the worst, these ppl don't bring any arguments in conversations and yet argue about many things jsut because they 'experienced' something...
-ISTJ - lazy bastards, they won't do anything for you, usually very selfish from my perspective
-ESTP - they're funny, easygoing ppl, but their Ti is lower, so I need to correct them everytime, and their Se is forceful, which I don't like (truly, I think they're just stupid)
-ENTJ - horror if they're you're boss, they have totally opposite methods for achieving stuff; yet they have often same interests and opinions which can be interesting. still - avoid working with them, or work individually
-ENFP - I really like them, but they don't like me... :C

neutral types:
-INFP - I usually have similar opinions with them, but they don't are the people I could be close with, mostly because of lack of support from each other
-ISFJ - lazy like ISTJs, they have lack of initiative in relationship, which make no relationship... I encountered many problems when I tried to close distance with them, also they're quite boring
-ISTP - good fellas, they aren't very supportive, yet I never had any conflict with them, usually easy to understand each other
-ESTJ - they can be very supportive and helpful especially in routine and everyday life or other sensing stuff, but it's not possible to live with them closely because of failure in understanding, they're work people, made to do stuff, not think like us, thinkers (so they want do something, not create an idea)
-ENTP - good mates to work with, maybe the best coworkers, but closer relationship isn't possible
-INTJ - similar to ENTPs, I can work with them and found we can specially complement each other shortages, but still it's very important do work independently and don't go personal, because they're so vulnerable and I couldn't cross their barriers (and never even try to touch them...)
-INTP - rather avoid, we have same weaknesses and pros, in group they are my allies and also competitors

so my post had on purpose to bring some ideas to you, make you to think and I'm open to discuss about INTP-other.types relationships as far as you can correctly and 100% sure type people, because I do (but it was not always easy... I mistaken my dad for INTJ, and he is ISFP xD, so it happens)

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
ESFJs are good as long you interact with them one-on-one. If they invite you to a party or whatever and you suddenly find yourself in a group with 5 ESFJs, you're fucked. In that conversation, the probability that two consecutive sentences will be coherent is practically 0. I would have to be in a very strange mood to follow that shit.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
Today 2:26 PM
-->
I think age level matters. Most of manipulator's complaints seem to be regarding immature / young versions of the type.

I've had a lot more luck with many of the "hated" types in my 30's and beyond. I think at that point people have gotten their shit together, hopefully... plus realize that not everyone is like them and so can better appreciate what others bring to the table. So everyone feels more accessible and that there is a place to meet in the middle.

Personally, for a long period of time, I seemed to sync up best with ENTP, INFJ, INTP, INFP, ISFP, and ISFJ (but I was raised around a lot of ISFJs). Many other types, I could deal with interacting with. I think only the ENFPs really use to irritate me because of the extraverted zeal + the strong Fi core that was focused on personal relevance rather than impartial rationality (whereas the ESFPs might have felt less productive but also more flexible due to shorter focus).

ESFJ doesn't bother me, since I get where they are coming from. I do better one on one, though; a group of a particular type I grasp but don't necessarily sync up with would tire me out.

Anyway, there are varieties within each type, so it's not only possible for someone in the INTP to interact better with certain types than another INTP, but also interact with certain people of a particular type better than other people in that type. *shrug*

baccheion

Local time
-->
I've only had luck getting support by talking to random people anonymously online. In life, there may only be INFJs and other Ne users.

Fe dominants tend to get on my nerves. They are assuming/patronizing, pushy, invasive/meddlesome, certain of their convictions, etc, while having no understanding of who I am. They shouldn't be seen as annoying, however, and should be excused, as they're just trying to get me to open up or clearly it's something wrong with me (but aren't they so kind as to..).

PmjPmj

Full of stars.
Local time
-->
As I have probably mentioned before, my closest friend is an INTP. He seems to connect romantically with xNFJs. His long term partner is INFJ, and she's the right amount of open minded, caring and analytical.

~~~

Local time
-->
-ENTJ - horror if they're you're boss, they have totally opposite methods for achieving stuff; yet they have often same interests and opinions which can be interesting. still - avoid working with them, or work individually
Doesn't sitting around thinking all day require a bit of monetary support?

Ex-User (8886)

Local time
-->
Doesn't sitting around thinking all day require a bit of monetary support?

Actually I'm doing well with my financials, I don't need much and can save money every month. Everything what ENTJ do, I can do as well (I can even be in charge and lead people, but this one tires me a lot and I can be rude to people)

Ex-User (8886)

Local time
-->
I think age level matters. Most of manipulator's complaints seem to be regarding immature / young versions of the type.

I've had a lot more luck with many of the "hated" types in my 30's and beyond. I think at that point people have gotten their shit together, hopefully... plus realize that not everyone is like them and so can better appreciate what others bring to the table. So everyone feels more accessible and that there is a place to meet in the middle.

Personally, for a long period of time, I seemed to sync up best with ENTP, INFJ, INTP, INFP, ISFP, and ISFJ (but I was raised around a lot of ISFJs). Many other types, I could deal with interacting with. I think only the ENFPs really use to irritate me because of the extraverted zeal + the strong Fi core that was focused on personal relevance rather than impartial rationality (whereas the ESFPs might have felt less productive but also more flexible due to shorter focus).

ESFJ doesn't bother me, since I get where they are coming from. I do better one on one, though; a group of a particular type I grasp but don't necessarily sync up with would tire me out.

Anyway, there are varieties within each type, so it's not only possible for someone in the INTP to interact better with certain types than another INTP, but also interact with certain people of a particular type better than other people in that type. *shrug*

because I don't know how you look, I imagined my female INTP friend doing *shrug* :D it was something cool
You're right, I'm still young and all person I was talking about are around 22. Just to clarify - those "hated" types are OK, I talk to them, sometimes I can even like them. But I found they can give me nothing - many ISTJ many times tried to help me, but this help wasn't useful. with ESFP I can only joke, I don't know any ENTJ, but I know how ISTP-ESTJ relationship looks like, they just can't see each other perspectives and I really don't know why I have special affection to ENFPs, but they find me uninteresting.
Hope this will change a bit in future though :)

Ex-User (8886)

Local time
-->
ESFJs are good as long you interact with them one-on-one. If they invite you to a party or whatever and you suddenly find yourself in a group with 5 ESFJs, you're fucked. In that conversation, the probability that two consecutive sentences will be coherent is practically 0. I would have to be in a very strange mood to follow that shit.

I never go to parties ;>
this was my one of the best ideas in life to decide to never go to big events full of people (I even don't like concerts ;p )

PmjPmj

Full of stars.
Local time
-->
multiquote_off.gif

~~~

Local time
-->
Actually I'm doing well with my financials, I don't need much and can save money every month. Everything what ENTJ do, I can do as well (I can even be in charge and lead people, but this one tires me a lot and I can be rude to people)

What about from the perspective of comparative advantage?

PmjPmj

Full of stars.
Local time
-->
I reckon he's currently got about 27 tabs open, researching anything and everything pertaining to comparative advantage in the vain hope he can come back at you with something witty / condescending.

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Does one need to do any research to be condescending to people merely namedropping concepts (from economics of all things)?

PmjPmj

Full of stars.
Local time
-->
Stop condescending me, you shit.

ruminator

INTP 4w5
Local time
-->
ESFJ: My best friend was this. Best connection ever. We related on the Si Ne level and would live in our own little fantasy dream world, very idealistic. I would pose discussions, trying to figure life out, in a very Ti way. She would clear my confusions by filling in the Fe stuff that I missed, bringing me to a more balanced understanding. And hanging out with her was fun because of her Fe, the whole being social thing was something I wanted but wasn't great at, so it was nice to have her take the lead when we were at parties and stuff.

INTJ: I have a thread on here about how much I hate them.

ENFP: I can understand their Ne train of thought, but it gets exhausting sometimes, especially because we can never stay on topic. Their Fi has good insight and is helpful in times where you need advice or are feeling down.

BurnedOut

Beloved Antichrist
Local time
Today 11:56 PM
-->
ENFP, ISTP, INTP, ENFJ, INFJ, INFP, ESFJ, ESFP, ISFP.

INTPs might be quirky but get attention quickly by other types and have supportive friends. This however only holds true for the normal INTPs not fucked up ones.

Sent from my SM-J730GM using Tapatalk

Top Bottom