• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Nacronomics: how to run a cartel

sushi

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 5:02 PM
-->
this is not a fictional book, but I dont know where to put it so it put it here

i thought this will be an interesting read.

sushi

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 5:02 PM
-->
no one else want to be walter white?

EndogenousRebel

mean person
Local time
Today 11:02 AM
-->
Narconomics” is about how drug cartels are taking pages from the playbooks of big businesses like Walmart and Coca-cola. In cases like diversifying into new markets or deciding to collude with a competitor, this might not seem surprising. However, it may come as a shock to find out about the franchising and CSR (corporate social responsibility) practices of drug cartels. Other than being outside access to the justice system, and thus resorting to violence to achieve what contracts, mediators, and courts would do for other businesses, the drug business it turns out is very much a business.

You're telling me criminals operate in the same fashion businesses do? My word, who would've thought

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 5:02 AM
-->
The drugs trade seems too volatile for my taste.

I've noticed there's a factory that specializes in fasteners in each major Australian city, some of them are called "The Nut & Bolt Shop" but I think they're all owned by United Fasteners based in Sydney. Were I criminally minded I'd conspire to have all the store managers and some of the upper management expire under unfortunate circumstances all within a six month period, y'know car crashes, dog attacks, snake bites, boat sank on a fishing trip, shit happens.

And oh look at that I just so happened to have stockpiled fasteners to meet the sudden shortage of supply, how fortuitous for me, and how forward thinking of me to be setting up a factory with machining equipment just as Australia's leading supplier of fasteners went out of business, such a coincidence.

Good thing probable cause isn't enough for a conviction eh?
It's not like I killed them, they mostly died by accident and I was in a different country at the time, maybe I hired contractors to do the deed for me but good luck proving it.

Rook

enter text
Local time
Today 7:02 PM
-->
Bootleggers. If dildoes were outlawed, you get a untaxed commodity where the system is pure: Input and output. Risk increases. In a world where everything is legal, and laws are lax, KFC owners will send their thugs to burn down the McDonalds and crucify the manager. Cartels represent trade in its purest human form, when banditos on camelback raided each other's salt stockpiles and when one tribe drove another from the mammoth killing cliffs. Google, now that is a different dynamic: It is a god.

Try explaining to a caveman what google is: a keeper of knowledge and a museum of human input. He will fall flat on his face, worshiping the thing as God.

cartels are merely governments that have restricted their economies to a small set of activities, they have less bureaucracy and are therefore like the ancient city states of old.

Top Bottom