• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Need for speed

lolzcry

burnin'
Local time
Tomorrow 12:23 AM
-->
hey, I have just arrived from a lifetime for fiction as I assumed philosophy was something to be figured out by the self and I just skim read science on the net. Any recommendations for philosophical books and resources for quantum physics/ astrophysics/cosmology(for beginners) would be welcome. Also fiction which goes quite deep.

ZenRaiden

One atom of me
Local time
Today 7:53 PM
-->
Well beginners are not all the same. There can be beginner in sense like a 5 year old that wants to read about the types of stars or there might be a beginner in sense that he can do math and physics on a very proficient level. EIther one can be easily googled though.
Philosophy - depends where you want to start. The last time I was in university I had one semester of this and all that stuff I already knew from just reading wikipedia so thats that. Id suggest just going deeper. The things what do you want to know? There are many things to learn about philosophy. Sometimes I just listen to 90 minutes philosophy.
But this is just for general overview you wont really learn much of philosophy here...
Astrophysics - this link to a free handbook on astronomy and astrophysics...
Cosmology - http://www.astro.caltech.edu/~george/ay21/readings/Mukhanov_PhysFoundCosm.pdf

ZenRaiden

One atom of me
Local time
-->
Oh and forgot quantum physics.

*The textbook comprises three volumes. The first volume focuses on mechanics, radiation, and heat, including relativistic effects. The second volume covers mainly electromagnetism and matter. The third volume covers quantum mechanics; for example, it shows how the double-slit experiment demonstrates the essential features of quantum mechanics. The book also includes chapters on the relationship between mathematics and physics, and the relationship of physics to other sciences.
In 2013, Caltech in cooperation with The Feynman Lectures Website made the book freely available, on the web site.[4]*

lolzcry

burnin'
Local time
-->
Thanks. Also I tink I would be able to understand complex philosophy but not for sciences
Also any resources on genetics or nuerosciences would be welcome.

ZenRaiden

One atom of me
Local time
-->
Thanks. Also I tink I would be able to understand complex philosophy but not for sciences
Also any resources on genetics or nuerosciences would be welcome.

complex philosophy? I dont know really what you are looking for, but I think anything on logic is pretty good. I think if you start off with logic you are pretty much going to get any sort of thing on google from easy stuff to absolutly terrifying stuff.

For neuroscience. https://cdn.preterhuman.net/texts/s... Cognitive Neuroscience - Mark D'Esposito.pdf

I have this book, but its apparently available on internet.

BurnedOut

Beloved Antichrist
Local time
-->
Go read Critique on Pure Reason. You'd probably have a 1 foot beard by the time you finish the book

Top Bottom