• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Need Help understanding my depression

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
Yesterday 11:26 PM
-->
It seems pretty bad this time. I am not interested in things I used to be interested in. I have headaches, trouble regulating my temperature. Racing thoughts. And blurry thought. I had blackouts before I went to the hospital and could not read. I have irregular sleeping paters because of the temperature. It feels like a fever but mostly it feels I cannot enjoy normal activities like I used to.

I am dysregulated in some way that I don't know of but it feels like my hypothalamus is messed up a little. This was not a problem until that episode I had. I was scared and did not know what was going on. But I went to the hospital and my hypothalamus messed up again. I fixed the holes in my ways and things are better.

Every time I go to the hospital things mess up. I can't enjoy myself. Things get really hot.

I would not even call it depression, Just headache, lack of interest, racing thoughts, and temp regulation issues.

But not having any interest in anything to do does cause sadness which I guess is depression.

This is caused partially by the headache, by the racing thoughts, by the temperature regulation.

onesteptwostep

Junior Hegelian
Local time
Today 2:26 PM
-->
You need to unplug from whatever habits youre doing now and do menial things for a couple of days. That, and there needs to be a way for you to feel cared by someone, like a family member who understands or a friend who can sacrifice some time and energy for you.

Im not sure on what the hotness is, but if youre having racing thoughts and your sleeping pattern is bad, that usually leads into some warped perception on your part and possibly into a psychological episode (that being mania, panic attack, etc).

All in all, make good habits. Dont let the ones you have now hijack your brain chemistry (that being spending a lot of time on the computer, for one, watching too many videos, etc). The brain itself needs rest and normal things to do if it wants to function properly.

sushi

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 6:26 AM
-->
you dont work out and exercise enough

ZenRaiden

One atom of me
Local time
Today 6:26 AM
-->
You seem to have some medical condition and is source of worry for you.

I cannot tell you anything beyond eat better, exercise and sleep better.
Hypo whatever is not the issue and if it is you need to seek medical help instead of this hypochondria.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
The temperature issue is solved, I do not feel like it is fluctuating so much.
The sleep issue is half solved, I'm still restless and have an abnormal schedule.

I am a little high strung about doing things.
I have anxiety and have to move.
I've been trying to defocus so I don't feel the need to move.

I am like an animal constantly moving about because of anxiety.
I need to relax but I can't.
I need to be held but that's no option. I need to self soothe.

BurnedOut

Beloved Antichrist
Local time
Today 10:56 AM
-->
You have correctly diagnosed your source of affliction. Is it purely psychosomatic or organic ? Have you talked to your docs ?

kittyfranklin

Local time
Today 1:26 AM
-->
The temperature issue is solved, I do not feel like it is fluctuating so much.
The sleep issue is half solved, I'm still restless and have an abnormal schedule.

I am a little high strung about doing things.
I have anxiety and have to move.
I've been trying to defocus so I don't feel the need to move.

I am like an animal constantly moving about because of anxiety.
I need to relax but I can't.
I need to be held but that's no option. I need to self soothe.

How are you doing now, about a week later?

It sounds like you have anxiety. Sometimes anxiety causes me depression because it is exhausting.

Are you able to figure out what might be causing you to be anxious right now? This is an anxious time for many.

Definitely doing things to take care of yourself will help. Even just writing on here how you're feeling should do some help, but we need a whole approach to taking care of ourselves.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
Are you able to figure out what might be causing you to be anxious right now? This is an anxious time for many.

The anxiety I have I just have. It has no cause it just is. I will see my doctor soon so perhaps I will feel better.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
I was perscribed gabapentin today.

Something I thought of today in regard to anxiety.
Anxiety either keeps you from doing something or urges you to do something.
For me it is like the breaks and gas are on at the same time.
I do not know whether I am stopping or going.
Lucky I got my meds today.

kittyfranklin

Local time
Today 1:26 AM
-->
I was perscribed gabapentin today.

Something I thought of today in regard to anxiety.
Anxiety either keeps you from doing something or urges you to do something.
For me it is like the breaks and gas are on at the same time.
I do not know whether I am stopping or going.
Lucky I got my meds today.

I hope that helps you.

Reminds me of Fight, Flight, Freeze. Fight/Flight is action. Freeze is inaction. A lot of times they say "fight or flight" but "freeze" was a good addition to that idiom.

I take straight GABA for anxiety. Now brand. 750mg per day on average. Usually at night before bed. I can take another 750mg pill at any other point during the day when I start feeling extreme anxiety. The anxiety it seems to help with most is not necessarily axious thoughts (although it does calm the anxious thoughts) but it helps me mostly with the physical symptoms of anxiety, like the pain/tightness in the chest area (not the heart).

Plain GABA is natural with no long term side effects (that I know of--of course there are rarely any real studies done on natural remedies). The only _short term) side effects I have experienced is a feeling that is similar to an adrenaline rush that can last anywhere from 1-5 minutes (about 10-20 minutes after taking). But that is only if I take it on an empty stomach.

I also take lithium orotate (supplement, Dr Hans Nieper brand--I personally take three to four 120mg pills per day, which is about 13.8-18.4mg of elemental lithium total). for depression/despair, or the feeling of meaninglessness, no motivation, feeling like nothing is enjoyable, even things that would normally be enjoyable to me.

I also take L-phenylalanine (500mg Now brand) for extreme feelings of frustration. I have a problem with just being frustrated easily which I have read is caused by dopamine deficiency. I tried L-tyrosine, but that did nothing for me. L-phenylalanine will take away my extreme frustration about 30 minutes after taking. I take LP at night before bed along with my GABA, but, like GABA, I can take another pill if I feel extreme frustration at another time during the day.

With those three things I cover all the negative "emotions" of fear, sadness, and anger.

Just like our body, our brain needs the nutrients to work properly. When it's not working properly, anxiety and depression happen. The processes of the brain are physical, even though they can have a mental/emotional result due to neurotransmitters, etc. Nutrition can also affect our hormones which also have an effect on our mental and emotional state.

Other than that, I go outside, get sunshine, exercise. I journal, meditate, stretch, yoga, etc. I have problems with eating unhealthy though. But I do try to eat somewhat healthy at least part of my meals.

I'm also part of a 12 step program and I work the steps which has helped me immensely.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
Anxiety I think evolved as a sign of instability. I must do something, I must get away, all very unstable. Also, it feels in me all twisted up. Others extreme heat and sweats. It happens in the amygdala but the effects are different for different people.

Top Bottom