• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

No matter what i try to post

a_ghost_from_your_past

Ujames1978Eternally
Local time
Today 7:18 AM
-->
it is flagged as spam.
What's wrong here?

Your content can not be submitted. This is likely because your content is spam-like or contains inappropriate elements. Please change your content or try again later. If you still have problems, please contact an administrator.

What gives?

Ex-User (9086)

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 6:18 AM
-->
Hey Sal. Welcome back. This forum is just being new user unfriendly by design. Ragnar should have removed those aggressive spam filters after they ceased to be of any use.

It will let you go after you prove to it that you are not reasonable for posting under such restrictions so long.

This forum really doesn't want newcomers (e-mail restrictions, no newbie section), no effort to attract new users. Maybe it's echoing some desire to fade away completely.

a_ghost_from_your_past

Ujames1978Eternally
Local time
-->
I find many aspects of the UI a bit confusing / lacking clarity.
Is there a FAQ somewhere?

1) For instance, i can't figure out how to delete a post or topic.

2) In user privacy settings i ticked off the field "show your online status", but as far as i can tell this doesn't seem to have an effect, since there's that green triangle to the upper left of my avatar and i'm also listed in the "Members Online" section of the main page.

Happy

sorry for english
Local time
Today 5:18 PM
-->
1) that was never an option
2) you’re not showing up as online for me. Perhaps it just shows that way regardless.

a_ghost_from_your_past

Ujames1978Eternally
Local time
-->
1) that was never an option
2) you’re not showing up as online for me. Perhaps it just shows that way regardless.

1) Well, i certainly remember from the time before the new UI was introduced, that it was no problem at all to delete a post. Also quoting was much more straight forward.

2) May be due to me not effectively being logged in and browsing the forum during the past 7-8 days. Not sure.

Ex-User (13503)

Local time
Today 6:18 AM
-->
1. Probably a vBulletin feature not available on xenforo
2. When you're in invisible mode, you can still see yourself on the user list, your username's just in a different color.

Top Bottom