• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Oddities

Santiago

Local time
Today 1:54 AM
-->
I'm wondering what odd things you guys might do. Like I write stuff backwards when I am bored, such as during my calc and physics class today... I decided to take my notes backwards. Anything you guys do that is a little weird?

own8ge

Existential Nihilist
Local time
Today 8:54 AM
-->
When I'm alone and walking in public I tend to do anything to make peoples "WTF moment of the day".

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 9:54 PM
-->
Yelling "quick hide" before someone enters a room, in which I'm the sole occupant.

pernoctator

a bearded robocop
Local time
Today 5:54 AM
-->
Identifying two people who are walking at the same tempo and trying to mentally switch which footsteps belong to which feet.

Answering any question that includes "or" with "yes".

Duxwing

I've Overcome Existential Despair
Local time
Today 4:54 AM
-->
Yelling "quick hide" before someone enters a room, in which I'm the sole occupant.

I'll do that at the soonest opportunity; their terror shall be most amusing.

-Duxwing

Niclmaki

Disturber of the Peace
Local time
-->
I point out oddities in our language.
I had seen some hotdogs on sale with a sticker that said "Reduced Meat" I assumed that meant it was now less than meat. (Which is true)
I had also been horrified by the word "Delivered"
We have a strange language.

Etheri

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 9:54 AM
-->
Whenever I'm walking / travelling / cycling alone, I get occupied in my own fantasy world and, if you're lucky enough, can even find me talking to myself. What's even better than talking to myself, sometimes I make my own sound effects. (Terribly, ofcourse.) Obviously, I press my own mute button when there are people near.

Also, in the summer when it's really hot, I enjoy going out for walks around dawn, around 4 to 5 am. Not for too long, like, half an hour or so. I just enjoy the world when it's quiet.
Then again, I don't think that's odd when you think about it. For one, everyone sleeps. That's a fucking huge bonus. Also, it's still cool rather than the sun frying my brain. Also, I get to watch sunrise while walking around aimlessly, with none around to judge me.

pjoa09

dopaminergic
Local time
Today 3:54 PM
-->
burn shit, smash things, but polite, and relaxed.

wake up 5-6 hours before work just to sit at my office computer.

forget stuff everywhere chronically.

obsess like shit.

Introspective

Local time
-->
Pace around a room repeatedly, mouthing a rant to myself about a (completely trivial) intellectual topic. Still pacing, I rephrase the rant until it's perfect. Then I feel depressed because of the odds that I'll ever get to use it.

...But I write it down and save it, just in case. :D

EmergingAlbert

Local time
Today 3:54 AM
-->
Whenever a thought crosses my mind in which I have the smallest bit of doubt about its accuracy, I attempt to justify its possible inaccuracy by muttering under my breath, "I'ts like baby, well, right, okay, well you know, well I don't know, oh well," all in a very specific manner and accent. How I came up with that random string of words, I have no idea...I've been doing it pretty much all my life. I should modify it so that it doesn't have the word "well" in it so much.

rattymat

Local time
-->
Yeah. I have often talked to myself out loud when outside. Sometimes I pretend I am having a phone conversation with someone, and I have at times imitated certain types of people and accents. Also I have sung improv folk songs in relation to things I observe around me. Oh.. and I have sometimes imitated someone's walking style that was walking near me. Other than that.. sometimes random spinning, running in zig zags and making VROOM VROOM sounds. That's about all I can recall at the moment. xD. I mean, I have plenty of other oddities, but these ones seem in the vein of public folly.

Cheeseumpuffs

Proudly A Sheeple Since 2015
Local time
Today 1:54 AM
-->
I do this thing that's kind of the opposite of what other people have said. Rather than talk out loud when I'm thinking, I have a tendency to be so busy thinking that I forget whether or not I'm actually speaking and may, at any moment, blurt out something like "Oh yeah, I should look that up." as if I'd been holding a conversation already.

Every time I take my phone out of my pocket for whatever reason, when I go to put it back in I'll almost twitch and take it out and put it back in a few times in a row before I actually let go.

As mentioned above I make verbal sound effects for my life.

CCCat

Redshirt
Local time
-->
I sleep in the shower sometimes.. The warm water relaxes me, the endless noise in combination with total solitude and security puts me in a home I never want to leave. I can easily spend from 10:00pm to wee hours in the morning kicked back in the tub with the shower going. I have even at times had to get out to go to work :slashnew:

TheScornedReflex

(Per) Version of a truth.
Local time
Today 9:54 PM
-->
I sleep in the shower sometimes.. The warm water relaxes me, the endless noise in combination with total solitude and security puts me in a home I never want to leave. I can easily spend from 10:00pm to wee hours in the morning kicked back in the tub with the shower going. I have even at times had to get out to go to work :slashnew:

OMG, I do the same thing! Only I generally sleep for an hour before I bang my head or have water go up my nose... And I talk to myself almost constantly but only my side of the conversation. All the other voices are only in my head. Apparently.

Local time
-->
I like to bark at people. Since im 6'2 and fairly built, no one really says anything to me. So I just walk up right behind them, go "RUFF!", and they jump and look back at me. I just give them the "Yeah I heard it too" look.

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
Today 7:54 PM
-->
When I make lists that are in number order I have a habit of writing or typing it out as:

C.

I have no idea why.

Also this:
I have a tendency to be so busy thinking that I forget whether or not I'm actually speaking and may, at any moment, blurt out something like "Oh yeah, I should look that up." as if I'd been holding a conversation already.

Happens to me all the time. I notice something that relates to my train of thought and make a comment, but obviously the people around me aren't privy to my thoughts and to them it's just an off the cuff remark without any context. I've found it's actually quite amusing to people, so I don't worry about it.

joal0503

Psychedelic INTP
Local time
-->
sometimes i find myself sort of floating or walking in a non linear, and ultimately distracted path of orientation.

ill just weave and move around, even jump off a wall now and again. just strange.

ill find myself drifting into fictional conversations, scenarios, or even bizarre acting scenes now and again...

some of it i truly wonder if its organically my own...or a result of some of the various intoxicants i generally have floating around my bloodstream...

either way, yes...its weird.

Wolf18

a who
Local time
-->
When everyone is doing something social at school, I ditch it, find an empty classroom, and explore my mind-map/house/room(s). I can stay there looking through my memories and organizing/classifying them for quite some time. If someone tries to interact with me, I usually lose my train of thought and tell them to leave me alone. This annoys both of us very much. Anyone else ever do this? It's lots of fun.

SW

spinner

Local time
-->
I put off doing boring daily chores, such as shaving, paying bills until im "ready" to do it. I have to be in the right mood. When I am, its easy and I tend to do everything in one shot, and then wait another week before doing anything boring again.

I used to run out of gas because i couldnt stand gas stations.

I pull up to red lights, and if its clear go through if no cops are around with people beeping horns at me behind me who cant believe i intentionally ran a red.

Katy

"Bad Kitty"
Local time
-->
ummm... I pretend I'm an airplane or ladybug in public, complete with whooshing or crashing sounds, depending whether the OH is with me. He's finally gotten into the act :D

I use to have trolley races with myself in the supermarket (I hate shopping) then I had the wee lad as an excuse n we'd race each other, or skip singing, 'Off to see the Wizard' in loud voices :rolleyes:

Magpie

Redshirt
Local time
-->
Zoom.

Bend at roughly 90 degrees, hold your arms straight behind you, run forward, and shout ZOOOOOM.

The idea is to make office drones smile.

PS: Dammit. Skip one post at the end of the thread, be condemned to repeat it. As the prophecy fortold.

alchemist

Redshirt
Local time
-->
Talking to myself either preparing a conversation or practicing a rebuttal but that seems fairly normal around here. I also daydream to fall asleep I lack the comfortable/safe feeling when in bed so I daydream until I fall asleep.

The Lost One

Local time
-->
This kind of links in with the blurting out things out of context. When conversing with people I tend to lead on to conclusions of the topic in my own head, and assume that everyone else around me is also reaching the same conclusions. In reality all that happens is that from a topic like "I think pinapples are tasty" (which is a shit made up topic sorry) I will say something like "But look at my hand I cut it" which seems totally out of context. In my head I have gone through flavour, texture and consistency of pineapple and will remember the time I spiked myself on the top of a pineapple recently. Hence why I cut myself.
That happens on many an occassion, unfortunately it only makes people think I am completely loopy.

Also I hate saying goodbye cause its just unneccessary, so I will end up leaving the social function when I feel like it without telling anyone. Never saw it as a problem but a few people get really annoyed/upset at it :confused:

Yea the practicing the rebuttal thing happens all the time, don't think that is just for INTPs.

Anyone else tired of pretending/lying to save people's feelings, and now just tells the truth absolutely? I started about 6 months ago, and I have only ever got respect from it. I just can't be bothered to pussyfoot around peoples insecurities/anger/emotional-ness anymore so if someone gets angry at what I say then whatever. At least they know the truth.

When I am by myself I put on a random undefined accent and talk about something completely random like making a potato sandwich. Then I will just speak non stop with that accent about why I am offended at why people think it is unusual to make a potato sandwhich etc. Just silly things. Unfortunately last time I did that a girl from my flat walked in and literally thought i was going to kill her with insane potato sandwich knives etc.
Some people take it all so seriously :slashnew:

Also, anyone else give up facebook and never see a reason to go back to it? I havent even been on the site for 6-7 months. People freak out when I say it in public honestly they get almost hysterical.

ArmaAeternitatis

Redshirt
Local time
-->
I always talk to myself out loud. Like nonstop. Also, i often try to spell words in different ways.
Oh and whilst talking to myself, I'll act out made up arguments with my friends or parents.

Oedipus

Jerk
Local time
-->
I'll act out made up arguments with my friends or parents.
I do this. I also often stop talking suddenly mid-sentence. Especially if I'm talking about/explaining something dull because somebody asked me to.

jelly_bean

scientist extraordinaire
Local time
Today 2:54 AM
-->
Also I hate saying goodbye cause its just unneccessary, so I will end up leaving the social function when I feel like it without telling anyone. Never saw it as a problem but a few people get really annoyed/upset at it :confused:

I've always done this. People either get annoyed or think I'm strange. I never really thought anyone noticed when I left without saying anything. Even with people I care about. Never thought it was strange until someone pointed it out.

And if someone notices me leaving the room then I have to pretend like I wasn't leaving and stick around for a while longer until I can finally slip away unnoticed.

Top Bottom