• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Patterns?

Picopico

Redshirt
Local time
Today 1:20 PM
-->
Hey guys. This is the first time i've posted here. Just learned about the MBTI yesterday, and I tested as INTP. I read the thread "You know you are an INTP when...", and I just knew I was one.

--------

I've been "thinking" for the past few years that there are some weird patterns in the real world. Kind of like "archetypal patterns", but in real life. I honestly don't feel like trying to explain it; it's just too hard. But I figured, "hey, if any of these INTP-guys feel the same way, they'll know what I'm talking about". So I am trying luck: If you feel what I feel, you'll know what I'm saying. If not, then just close the browser and go sit on a cactus.

Bye.

PS: Sorry for my bad English... I am Uruguayan :D

Dimensional Transition

Bill Cosbor, conqueror of universes
Local time
Today 2:20 PM
-->
I know what you mean. :)

So many patterns, so much predictable stuff.

Jules

Local time
Today 2:20 PM
-->
That which is organized vs that which is chaos.
Where some can only see chaos, some discern patterns.

smithcommajohn

Do not consume with alcohol
Local time
Today 9:20 AM
-->
Welcome aboard. :)

Humans naturally search for patterns in things even when they do not exist. It is how we are wired. That being said, there are lots of patterns to be found in real life for sure.

Fire up a thread and start a discussion about the ones you see/perceive.

Reverse Transcriptase

"you're a poet whether you like it or not"
Local time
Today 6:20 AM
-->
I was an exchange student in Denmark. Granted, Danish culture is still western... and fairly similar to American culture, on the grand scheme of things. But I saw the patterns of people too. Looking back on it, I can't define a Myers-Briggs type to each person, but the flow was similar. There are the odd rebels-- who rebel for different reasons. The loud obnoxious guys who do whatever. The girls who playful interact... the girls who stand and watch. The cliquish people, the hard workers.

All of the Danes I met, I had the feeling that I had maybe met someone similar in the States.
*nods*

Picopico

Redshirt
Local time
-->
This is amazing. Do you realize that I didn't explain at all what I was talking about, yet everybody who posted here understood?

Wow. Just Wow.

So much organization that it appears like chaos.

Yep, that pretty much sums it up.

pjoa09

dopaminergic
Local time
Today 8:20 PM
-->
A schedule meeting with another schedule to schedule a new schedule for the bigger schedule so the schedules will duly work within the schedules of schedules.

scorpiomover

The little professor
Local time
-->
Yup.

Liked the cactus comment. Not going to sit on one though.

RobdoR

Local time
Today 4:20 PM
-->
Sometimes I look at my hand and ask the question: How many?

That question forces you to define objects and establish boundaries (There are 5 fingers, but when you make a fist, they no longer seem like 5 fingers), but I can't help but think there must be some underlying pattern that it all hinges on. Some explanation that will tell me the difference between a hill and a valley, a bump and a dent.

The problem isn't that the world doesn't make sense...but rather that it almost makes sense. Just when you figure something out, you get to peel back the next layer and begin again.

Top Bottom