• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Personality Test Number Five

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perseus

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 5:21 AM
-->
Personality Test: Number Five

In this test you are required to name the first five famous (or not so famous) people you admire. They should be household names. The ones that come to mind to me are:

Bob Dylan
John Steinbeck
Charles Darwin
Aldous Huxley

and one to be named.

All these are writers, with a bit of science and performer thrown in. I might choose a politician for the other one.

Perseus

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
To make a better test I should choose a poll of a representative of each personalty type!

e.g.

Gandhi
Attila the Hun or O Bin Laden
Winston Churchill
Salvador Dali
Tony Blair
Margaret Thatcher or Bill Gates
Albert Einstein
George Orwell or Sitting Bull
and others to think of ...

Suggestions welcome.

Perseus

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Group
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/intp-type/
You will probably have to join this group first.

Which famous person do you think is most like you?
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/intp-type/surveys?id=2071489
These are my choice of personalities and were done in a bit of a hurry, so I hope they are accurate enough.

The List:

Tony Blair
David Keirsey
Martin Luther King
William Blake
Napoleon Bonaparte
Isaac Newton
Alfred Hitchcock
Charles Darwin
George Washington
George Bush
Attila the Hun
Mother Teresa
John F Kennedy
Tiger Woods
Elvis Presley
Salvador Dali

Perseus

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
There was a mistake in the above. I should have included Michael Faraday instead of Isaac Newton. My error of judgement. Too quick. I should have perceived some more.

I am always cursing Judgers for doing this and I do it myself !!!

Perseus

Prolific Member
Local time
-->

Perseus

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
The reason for these tests is the unsatisfactory nature of the current tests at getting to the personality types. I doubt if these ENTP Snake tests are any better. Most inventions fall by the wayside. The trouble is the person taking the tests may not know the characters of the famous people in question.

Meanwhile, I am coming to the conclusion that these personality type tests are not in favour by lots of people especially the INTJ Hawks. Two reasons are apparent. The first is the Hawks and other judgement types need to come to quick decisions for efficiency and because of their own characters and because they don't like time wasters. Secondly, the nature of intuition does not stand up to scientific method. And lots of time it only works in certain sub-cultures. Take the Intuitive out of his world of the Beano comic and put him in Academia and suddenly his intuition is about as good as a busted paper clip.

Hard graft plodders do not like to see their work undermined by an intuitive Serpent and neither do the Christians. Guards! Guards! there is a Dragon on the loose, call in the Watch!

Dissident

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 2:21 AM
-->
Wow! 6 posts in a row, its a god damned record!!
How would you call this? You hexa-posted?

Ogion

Paladin of Patience
Local time
Today 6:21 AM
-->
Damn, now you interrupted him, perhaps otherwise he could have done a triple hattrick?...9 in a row :p

I understand why you might not be satisfied with the conventional posts, Perseus. Today i guided two persons through the MBTI-Test at humanmetrics (The test is linked at the wikipage of MBTI) - i had to guide them because they don't know english well enough - and they frequently had questions which were hard to answer, to decide. And this test has some 70 questions.

But i think, that really if you want a really reliable way you prbably have to get into a talk with a psychologist. Test in the internet can only be accurate to a certain degree.

i didn't follow your links now, but even of the persons you list here, i don't know many of them well enough to make a psychological assessment. So perhaps that is a downside to your version?

On the topic of alternative way of doing a test, did you look into the test of the Socionicspeople? They do it by having a long (like 30 or 40) adjectives, and first you have to check those that you think that fit you well, and in the next round you check those that are really not you. Then the program makes an assessment on your type. This test takes some time though (For me it was an hour or more to answer it).

Ogion

Perseus

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
i didn't follow your links now, but even of the persons you list here, i don't know many of them well enough to make a psychological assessment. So perhaps that is a downside to your version?

That is the problem. I did the Millon Inventory Test with a psychologist It was a waste of time. Virtually every question I could have answered in more than one way depending on my mood! Maybe a trend could be discerned?

Chronomar

NOPE
Local time
-->
Marie Curie (as is evident from my quotes below)
Lene V. Hau < currently living favorite scientist, not a household name, but should be.
Charles Darwin
Benito Juarez
Diana Jones / Sussana Clarke < (writers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom