• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Plan to take over the world INTP style

Belak

Local time
Today 5:55 AM
-->
I think we should come up with a master plan to take control so we can implement our ultimate goals.

(Sorry if this is already a thread)

Local time
Today 10:55 AM
-->
(Sorry if this is already a thread)

no problem - you won't be able to access that thread until you are initiated into the inner circle.

can you elaborate on your master plan - what goals are you hoping to implement?

we don't just let anyone in you know.

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
Today 9:55 PM
-->
INTP planning is an oxymoron.

OmoInisa

Local time
-->
INTP planning is an oxymoron.
That would depend on the sort of planning you have in mind. True, scheduling planning is the speciality of Te. But associative planning is the territory of Ti. I would imagine that the sort of planning required for world domination would have a greater element of the associative.

Belak

Local time
Today 5:55 AM
-->
no problem - you won't be able to access that thread until you are initiated into the inner circle.

can you elaborate on your master plan - what goals are you hoping to implement?

we don't just let anyone in you know.

Plans to implement a master INTP society through influence and manipulation of power.

Absurdity

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 3:55 AM
-->
That would depend on the sort of planning you have in mind. True, scheduling planning is the speciality of Te. But associative planning is the territory of Ti. I would imagine that the sort of planning required for world domination would have a greater element of the associative.

That doesn't really sound like planning.

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
Today 9:55 PM
-->
This just keeps sounding more and more like the most non-INTP thing ever.

StevenM

beep
Local time
Today 6:55 AM
-->
Alright. Listen up. I'm in charge now.

Everybody just....do whatever. Yeah.

We'll take it from there.

TheManBeyond

Banned
Local time
-->
Objects in the mirror might look closer than they
i mean

3.jpg

Pyropyro

Magos Biologis
Local time
Today 6:55 PM
-->
If INTPs want to take over the world, they'll just play Civ, Total War or any other world domination games. The politics and logistics of world domination needs too much effort.

Anktark

of the swarm
Local time
Today 12:55 PM
-->
My first thought- that seems like a lot of work just so you could do even more work afterwards. If you were one of the Earth's rulers, do you know how much pointless manure is expected from you? Even if we delegated some work to other types, it's still way too much for my taste- since we are what, 2% of all population? Could you imagine a world where 2% of all people have all the authority, even if indirectly?

Nick

Frozen Fighter
Local time
Today 12:55 PM
-->
Us INTPs will just be chilling while the rest of the types nuke themselves from orbit, then we'll walk on over and pick up the scraps. :confused:

dark+matters

Local time
-->
If INTPs wanted to take over the world, I think the best bet would be to make a society in which absolutely everything and everyone is dependent on computers, and the INTPs and only the INTPs would have control over these computers and the knowledge required to operate them.

Or maybe a secondary/primary plan would be to use real drones or robots operated with software that's structured like a computer game? I actually wrote a play about this this semester... LOL Unfortunately, it was a comedy.

How would plans for world domination unfurl for the other types, I wonder? :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJPFSNu_QNs

nexion

coalescing in diffusion
Local time
-->
This thread perfectly resembles what would happen if INTPs did try to plan world domination.

Ex-User (8886)

Local time
-->
why controlling the world? sometimes I dream about controlling every people, giving orders and creating perfect world, but... I think I don't really care enought to do something in this direction. I mean, too much effort.
Enjoy the life seems better.

dark+matters

Local time
-->
I assume that if INTPs took over the world, it would be in order to avoid being controlled. That's why I would take over the world. Either that, or taking over the world would be in the greater service of humanity.

I think INTPs could also take over the world if we created a society in which knowledge, innovation, reevaluation and the pursuit of knowledge was valued, versus valuing the gathering material wealth, the drive to impress friends and family, or the need to settle into comfortable judgments.

RaBind

sparta? THIS IS MADNESS!!!
Local time
-->
The only way intps will take over the world is by getting all other types to implement the parts of the plan they're best at. In fact I'm not even sure if intps want to bother with the planning, so yea some other type preferably the intjs will have to do that too. Planning is beneath intps, they'll occupy themselves with planning the planning.

Yellow

for the glory of satan
Local time
Today 4:55 AM
-->
I think if we were to try to take over the world, there would be a lot of chaos. A few months in, we'd inevitably hit a few snags that could have been avoided, so we'd call a Mulligan. Then, six months would go by smoothly, but we'd think of a new, cooler way to take over the world, so we'd start over yet again. A few months later, we'd be bored to tears and wander away one by one.

A few years into our aimless roaming through the world of chaos we created, we would probably muse, a waffle cone sundae in hand (don't question it), "oh yeah, we totally forgot about that whole world domination thing. Huh. That's probably why there's so much debris on the road..." then we'd shrug and go start a farm or an ice creamery or something.

Honestly, taking over the world sounds like it would be pretty stressful. Maybe we could just help the ENTJs take over the world in exchange for our own little million acre workshop with unlimited supplies. And if they try to go back on the deal, we could call a Mulligan and ask the INTJs instead. Mulligan.

Cavallier

Oh damn.
Local time
-->
Honestly, taking over the world sounds like it would be pretty stressful. Maybe we could just help the ENTJs take over the world in exchange for our own little million acre workshop with unlimited supplies.

Yeah, I'm thinking I'd just mention that I'd like to take over the world sometime soon to my ENTJ. Then forget I mentioned it and turn around 6 months later to discover he'd done it for me as a birthday present. *shrug*

:king-twitter:

Yellow

for the glory of satan
Local time
-->
Yeah, I'm thinking I'd just mention that I'd like to take over the world sometime soon to my ENTJ. Then forget I mentioned it and turn around 6 months later to discover he'd done it for me as a birthday present. *shrug*

:king-twitter:
Oh my goodness, now I know why that smiley exists.

Anyway, if your ENTJ gets too micromanagy (should that have an "e" before the "y"?) with the world, just let me know. My INTJ will be on it.

Mordecai

Nostalgic Time Transcender
Local time
-->
I can totally see how quickly society would collapse under the rule of INTPs. In a world full of INTPs, it could work. However, in a world of very opinionated, emotional, and often irrational humans, the mere fact that INTPs in power would forget to celebrate national holidays, and would never plan anything would incite rebellion. So yeah. I don't think our world domination is happening any time soon.

Reluctantly

Resident disMember
Local time
Today 12:55 AM
-->

I don't know. I can't really agree with that. I don't see Te as regulated by some sort of schedule. Te, as an active kind of thinking, usually has a goal in mind and how it gets there is not really set in stone (much more extemporaneous). The end seems more important than the means for Te, I'd say. So if a Te person uses a schedule, it's probably because they think it will help them reach a goal, rather than being inherent to Te.

But I could say a similar thing for Ti. Though Ti seems more indirect thinking, such as creating a law to create some kind of order, even though it won't always mean people will follow that law; or such as creating a security system or protocol with the idea that it will deter people from wanting to break in, rather than actively having to do something to stop a break in. In a way I'd say Ti focuses more on the means than the end because it's thinking about how to influence or structure reality and not on molding it to a particular shape. Ti could still use scheduling to actively influence and structure reality, though again it wouldn't be inherent to Ti either.

scorpiomover

The little professor
Local time
-->
What for? We INTPs hate to control others, or let others control us, even other INTPs. If we were to take over the world, it would be in a way that everyone would be OK with, and where no-one even realises that we'd be in charge. The head INTP of the world would probably live in a dumpster, where no-one even has a clue about how important he is, and thus no-one would try to assassinate him. Obama would just be a figurehead.

Come to think of it: How would you even know if INTPs are ruling the world? Maybe we are already, and the plan has worked, because everyone thinks we are too useless to do anything.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
Come to think of it: How would you even know if INTPs are ruling the world? Maybe we are already, and the plan has worked, because everyone thinks we are too useless to do anything.

bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

evil-genius-smiley.gif

Yellow

for the glory of satan
Local time
-->
bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

evil-genius-smiley.gif
Okay, yet another perfect use for a seemingly useless smiley. My faith in the INTP collective is increasing. Find an appropriate use for this one, and I will believe that we may be capable of taking over the world.
:mythcreature:

OmoInisa

Local time
-->
I don't know. I can't really agree with that. I don't see Te as regulated by some sort of schedule.

It doesn't march to a schedule. It creates the schedule.

Te, as an active kind of thinking, usually has a goal in mind and how it gets there is not really set in stone (much more extemporaneous). The end seems more important than the means for Te, I'd say. So if a Te person uses a schedule, it's probably because they think it will help them reach a goal, rather than being inherent to Te.

This is all very true. Te is indeed extemporaneous; that's the nature of an extroverted function. And by virtue of being an extroverted judging function, it is goal-oriented in relation to the external object. To cap it off, it is utilitarian in nature, as you've pointed out. But this all makes it more suited to a project planning type of organisation (temporal and hierarchical ordering) than Ti is.

Furthermore, when we speak of 'Te' vs 'Ti' in action, what we're really comparing is of course Te+Pi vs Ti+Pe, since a rational function does not exist in the ether. It must act upon its irrational input.
Given this, we can perhaps see that it is Pi that lends Te its peculiar attributes. The vision arrives already fully-formed, and Te simply arranges it in in the appropriate pattern without further delay.
Conversely, Pe presents information that is not arranged, synthesised or consolidated. Ti takes this extemporaneously gathered input and proceed to synthesize it into an associative framework. This is the stuff of architectural planning.

In a way I'd say Ti focuses more on the means than the end because it's thinking about how to influence or structure reality and not on molding it to a particular shape.

I would say that Ti, as a rational function, is no less focused on an end than Te is. That end just happens to be oriented towards the internal subject rather than the external object. It is absolutely thinking about how to mold reality - to the shape of its subjective framework. :)

OmoInisa

Local time
-->
What for? We INTPs hate to control others, or let others control us, even other INTPs. If we were to take over the world, it would be in a way that everyone would be OK with, and where no-one even realises that we'd be in charge. The head INTP of the world would probably live in a dumpster, where no-one even has a clue about how important he is, and thus no-one would try to assassinate him.

images

Hmm. Yep.

Top Bottom