• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Pokémon Yellow

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
Today 1:19 PM
-->
Remember when Yellow version came out? It was revolutionary because Pikachu followed you around.

I noticed someone here has a Pokémon avatar. Is it safe to say they stopped there, as Yellow is the only game they played, and haven’t played any of the new ones by that logic?

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
Tomorrow 5:49 AM
-->
Nope. Pikachu is just the most popular point of reference in pokemon.

I never played yellow (only the rich kids got that version, I was stuck with a second hand copy of blue during that period). Last one I played was emerald which I thought was a considerable improvement despite the lackluster monster design.

kora

Omg wow imo
Local time
Today 9:19 PM
-->
Fire red was my favourite

Good monster design and you could actually tell because the graphics were alright

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
Today 2:19 PM
-->
I got stuck in the electricity plant.

Damian Doritos

i smell fear
Local time
Today 10:19 PM
-->
Played yellow, pc version of blue and red. Played silver, zafire, ruby, the remake of red which is fire red, emerald and black and white rom for pc emulator. Pokemon snap, stadium 1 and 2 and Pokemon colloseum. Most owned, except for the ones I mention I was emulating on pc.
I think the one I enjoyed the most was silver close to emerald.

Niclmaki

Disturber of the Peace
Local time
Today 4:19 PM
-->
I played pokemon yellow in grade 5, but it was my cousins gameboy. It was alright.

I got my own a year later and played pokemon blue, then silver on it. I think I sunk 80+ hours into pokemon silver. Was the best.

Some years later, I got Emerald and a DSi. It had lost its lustre though and I only played through it twice. With all the others, I played through with all the starters at least once.

Recently, I’ve played the 3DS ones. I’m not sure why so many people call them “easy”, I find it fairly challenging. I don’t exactly do the “Nuzlocke challenge” or anything, but I do put some stupid limitations on my play.
  1. Avoiding most battles if I can (avoiding grass / trainers eyes)*
  2. Rarely purchasing medicine from shops, just using what you pick up*
  3. Just going with a team I find cool, typing be damed. (I tried to go with an all puppy/dog team in Sun)
  4. Not using TMs or giving mons held items.*
  5. Not exploring side areas*
  6. Not caring about abilities or natures.

I play them to have fun. I am disturbed by how many people feel a need to min/max everything in all games these days. I know, it shouldn’t bother me, but it does.

“oH bUt WiNniNg iS tHe MoSt FuN” they tell me. So, half the time they’re playing matchmade games, they’re not having fun? Seems ridiculous.

This concludes my history with Pokemon that no one asked for, and a mini-rant as bonus.

*because I find them tedious and just want to advance the story.

Minuend

pat pat
Local time
Today 10:19 PM
-->
I never played yellow (only the rich kids got that version, I was stuck with a second hand copy of blue during that period).

True dat. I think I bought pokemon blue with my own savings from like birthdays and christmas'. And later I figured out my favorite pokemon, Arcanine, was on the red version. RIP

I tried playing pokemon, maybe 5 years ago or so, but turn based games gets pretty boring with like 4 moves available, so I have no interest anymore.

lightfire

Local time
Today 3:19 PM
-->
I used to play pokemon. I forgot what color it was. I just know I hated all the rattata things everytime I walked in the grass.

Melkor

*Silent antagonist*
Local time
Today 8:19 PM
-->
I had Red and Blue.

My brother who barely had an interest in the franchise but was quite spoilt got Yellow day 1 and by the rules of my family I wasn't allowed to play it or get my own copy.

Much later in life I played it start to finish and 100%ed the pokedex.

All is well in the world!

Top Bottom