• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

?profound? inspiration

Reverse Transcriptase

"you're a poet whether you like it or not"
Local time
Yesterday 10:35 PM
-->
1266944492921.jpg

I'm putting my comments in spoilers, in an attempt to not spoil or pre-bias your view on it. This image was made by someone to help whenever he had bad trips (on psychedelics). I heard something similar from a buddhist friend of mine:
In the course of studying Buddhism I've come to see that the message is not so much that `it'll all be ok` but that `it is ok`.
tumblr_kxiaz7nm8q1qzdlcko1_500.jpg

The next image is gigantic, so I'm putting it in "spoilers". I also <3 <3 <3 spoiler tags. They make posts so much more fun and interactive!
1267747977476.png

It's almost depressing when you acknowledge that it's your fault that you've been doing nothing. But it's empowering to have the realization (or reminder?) that you ARE responsible for it.
1268342923287.jpg

Hey guys, I'm in a kinda shitty time in my life right now from having lost my job and moving back with my parents. Nevertheless, I view this as an important opportunity for me to grow as a person, to appropriately deal with my situation.

These images that have really helped me gain inspiration. I hope they will help you too. (They're mostly from 420chan.org's psychedelic board.)

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 6:35 PM
-->
Seek out others who are depressed, their suffering will make you feel better.
Or I'm just an asshole who's misinterpreted the phrase "misery loves company".

Ooh another interpretation: Avoid people, they'll only make you more miserable.

I think it's supposed to mean: Avoid miserable people, it's infectious.... :confused:

warryer

and Heimdal's horn sounds
Local time
Today 1:35 AM
-->
I thoroughly agree with: you are exactly where you need to be. All is good even though it may not be apparent.

I know this myself having gone through my fair share of "shitty" times. DUI, weeks later wrecking my car, time in jail, shelling out tons of money - yea it does seem pretty awful doesn't it? Especially in the span of 3 months time. Guess what? material things don't matter!

I was privileged to see what it is that really matters in life: people- family, friends... anybody! The ones who truly care about you do so without expectation of reciprocation- they understand your love and love you back no question. All this happened in October and I was celebrating the spirit of Thanksgiving for the first time in my life.

You have already won the uphill portion of the battle in realizing you can frame your mind in whatever way you choose. All that remains is to act. Learn and embrace.

snafupants

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 12:35 AM
-->
The Buddha piece is my favorite. A cluttered mind can keep someone from reaching her/his goals. Figure out what matters to you, train for it, then do it. Simple.

Peace

Top Bottom