• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Recreational drug use/experimentation

What drugs have you used/experimented with recreationally?

• None

Votes: 36 13.3%
  • Caffeine

Votes: 211 77.9%
  • Alcohol

Votes: 205 75.6%
  • Tobacco

Votes: 166 61.3%
  • Cannabis, Hashish

Votes: 183 67.5%
  • Hallucinogens(LSD, psilocybin mushrooms, peyote etc.)

Votes: 116 42.8%
  • MDMA(ecstasy)

Votes: 70 25.8%
  • Amphetamine(speed)

Votes: 76 28.0%
  • Cocaine

Votes: 62 22.9%
  • Raw opium

Votes: 16 5.9%
  • Opiates(Heroin, Oxycontin, morphine, etc)

Votes: 58 21.4%
  • Deliriant drugs(Datura etc)

Votes: 18 6.6%
  • Depressants(Benzodiazepines etc)

Votes: 51 18.8%
  • Dissociative drugs(DXM, Ketamine, etc)

Votes: 53 19.6%

• Total voters

Dimensional Transition

Bill Cosbor, conqueror of universes
Local time
Today 7:03 AM
-->
I was wondering how many INTPs here have experimented with drugs recreationally, and with what kind then. This is gonna be a pretty complicated poll, but I hope the result will be interesting. I know there is another 'drugs' topic, but I really missed a poll.

I have tried caffeine, alcohol, tobacco and cannabis, and will probably keep it that way. Caffeine almost daily, but only in the form of green tea. Tobacco never except for one try once, alcohol very occasionally, cannabis rarely(and definitely not while I'm still suffering from panic attacks and anxiety, I'll wait for that to go over). Hallucinogens seem too dangerous mentally to me, all other drugs just seem too 'filthy' or seriously unhealthy to me. (I know tobacco isn't exactly healthy either, but it was in a joint. I did not like it.)

(Aww, just saw that I wrote opiates instead of opioids, is there a way to correct this? And maybe hallucinogens should've been psychedelics.)

Artsu Tharaz

The Lamb
Local time
Today 3:03 PM
-->
Very interested in trying hallucinogens.

snafupants

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 12:03 AM
-->
By recreational drugs do you mean take these drugs recreationally? That is, many people are prescribed amphetamines as part of ADHD treatment, which is another discussion, and DXM is commonly found in cough syrup, putting the poll number there undoubtedly higher.

Synchro

Local time
Today 6:03 AM
-->
Nice poll, Dimensional Transition, but you left out a few...heh heh heh

GHB
Nitrous Oxide
Amyl Nitrate
Carbon Dioxide (yup, breathing pure CO2...talk about a trip! ... probably the safest way to see hallucinatory vistas, so long as you have someone to pull you out of the dry ice chest before you die....)
PCP (elephant tranquilizer...although you could stretch the benzo's to include this, I suppose...)

can't think of any more...but I'm sure I'm missing a few...OH, there's a new "awake dreaming" drug about to hit the retail market disguised as a bath salt or some such...this one is not supposed to make you take a pair of needle-nose pliers and punch holes in your arm to let the little blue snakes out....heh ehh heh heh ha heoo hoo hah

Dimensional Transition

Local time
-->
By recreational drugs do you mean take these drugs recreationally? That is, many people are prescribed amphetamines as part of ADHD treatment, which is another discussion, and DXM is commonly found in cough syrup, putting the poll number there undoubtedly higher.

Yes. That's why I added recreational because I was already afraid people were going to list their medication used for some sort of illness/disorder.

Nice poll, Dimensional Transition, but you left out a few...heh heh heh

GHB
Nitrous Oxide
Amyl Nitrate
Carbon Dioxide (yup, breathing pure CO2...talk about a trip! ... probably the safest way to see hallucinatory vistas, so long as you have someone to pull you out of the dry ice chest before you die....)
PCP (elephant tranquilizer...although you could stretch the benzo's to include this, I suppose...)

can't think of any more...but I'm sure I'm missing a few...OH, there's a new "awake dreaming" drug about to hit the retail market disguised as a bath salt or some such...this one is not supposed to make you take a pair of needle-nose pliers and punch holes in your arm to let the little blue snakes out....heh ehh heh heh ha heoo hoo hah
I count GHB as a deliriant, PCP as a dissociative. I think you meant GHB as the elephant tranquilizer...
Nitrous Oxide is a whole different thing indeeed. Amyl Nitrate... That's a weird-ass drug I doubt people on here use, but you're right.

Stupid I forgot those... I knew I forgot one, but ah well. It's still fairly complete.

snafupants

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Although drugs like Ketamine and Datura and DXM have a shady reputation, what interests me is the subjective and somewhat organized visions these substances conjure up in the user, especially in higher doses. Where do these visions come from? Are they part of the human psyche from birth? If so, how did they get there? Do these substances give us an inkling of death? I wonder if anyone reading this has taken any of these not-really psychedelics in high enough doses to say something about this phenomenon.

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
Yesterday 10:03 PM
-->
All these votes and no discussion?

Dimensional Transition

Local time
-->
Although drugs like Ketamine and Datura and DXM have a shady reputation, what interests me is the subjective and somewhat organized visions these substances conjure up in the user, especially in higher doses. Where do these visions come from? Are they part of the human psyche from birth? If so, how did they get there? Do these substances give us an inkling of death? I wonder if anyone reading this has taken any of these not-really psychedelics in high enough doses to say something about this phenomenon.

Yeah, that's something that fascinates me too. I haven't taken them though. I'm curious to know if someone has the answer!

@EyeSeeCold: Yeah, where's the discussion :c

Synchro

Local time
-->
Dimensional Transition posted: I count GHB as a deliriant, PCP as a dissociative. I think you meant GHB as the elephant tranquilizer...
Nitrous Oxide is a whole different thing indeeed. Amyl Nitrate... That's a weird-ass drug I doubt people on here use, but you're right.

Stupid I forgot those... I knew I forgot one, but ah well. It's still fairly complete.

Oh, you did a great job, I didn't mean to criticize your effort; your list was hardly stupid...although if you did this again, you might wish to put up a list first and ask for input before creating the poll...the group mind on this sort of thing is more inclusive than any one mind can possibly be.

GHB is not really a deleriant, but the distinction is not worth bothering with; it's a mild drug, and after a certain relaxing effect it simply puts you to sleep...deeply asleep ;) It also releases growth hormone very effectively, and is, as far as I've been able to tell, ridiculously safe, although people do tend to freak out when they can't wake you up and it can be...uh...aggravating to wake up in an emergency room bed with everyone staring at you.

Amyl Nitrate is just a party drug that can be used to heighten orgasms, but it has serious risks; one can stroke out with it or one can precipitate the world's worst migraine.

PCT as a dissociative I'll buy; the one time I took it I stood, rooted to the spot, for an entire day - close enough.

Carbon Dioxide...ah, now there is a mystery...breathing pure carbon dioxide puts one into acidosis, and the visions one has are fantastic, mysterious and ethereal...it appears to be perfectly safe, so long as you have a fail-safe mechanism for stopping breathing it when the suffocation response gets too intense or one passes out - so while one can breathe carbon dioxide by simply putting dry ice in the bottom of a chest and then sticking one's head into the chest, the problem with that method is you have to have someone who can reliably pull you out...a better method would be channel the carbon dioxide up through a hose into a mask which one holds up to one's face without straps; that way, if one passes out, the mask falls away, and one simply breathes oxygen again and wakes up. Nonetheless, not something to be done alone or without a full awareness of the possible risks. And, I cannot say for sure that momentary episodes of respiratory acidosis are not harmful, they just seem to be not harmful - harmful effects might be subtle or insidious - but I can say that dying of respiratory acidosis, once past sufficient consciousness to feel air hungering, does appear to be a peaceful death, perhaps even blissful, and might be considered by people who wish to self-euthanize.

There's also PT-141, Bremelanotide, which, injected, appears to be a true aphrodisiac, and, as I have found out, has the interesting side effect of turning white hair partially black again.

Finally, the disassociative drugs such as ketamine are indeed intriguing...the idea being that one's consciousness is no longer connected to one's body, and it is interesting that reality takes on a distinctly strange quality. I have never wished to use it, because it is no longer used on adults in the Emergency Department, since adult patients usually start seeing the physician as Satan and the nurses as Devil's Spawn....heh heh heh :evil:

Bird

Banned
Local time
Today 8:03 AM
-->
I didn't realize this was INTP specific until
after I submitted my poll votes. I'm
sorry :x

Dimensional Transition

Local time
-->
GHB is not really a deleriant, but the distinction is not worth bothering with; it's a mild drug, and after a certain relaxing effect it simply puts you to sleep...deeply asleep ;) It also releases growth hormone very effectively, and is, as far as I've been able to tell, ridiculously safe, although people do tend to freak out when they can't wake you up and it can be...uh...aggravating to wake up in an emergency room bed with everyone staring at you.

Isn't GHB quite addictive and have a small difference between mild intoxication and coma? I thought it had the same effects as alcohol, which is a deliriant/sedative right?

Aw it's okay, you're not that far away from an INTP, and after all, this is just a rather informal forum poll.

VroumVroum

Local time
-->
More than a third has tried Hallucinogens, seriously? I’ve never even seen any.

You junkies.

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
-->

You junkies.
This is what I say to myself whenever I come upon polls/threads like this. I don't even know why I bother.

paradigmshift22

Redshirt
Local time
-->
I've experiemented with quite a few drugs. The ones which stand out to me are Salvia and DMT. They give you the most access to spiritual realms.

Melllvar

Banned
Local time
-->
I have trouble believing there are four people here who have never even used caffeine. So what, they've never had tea, soft drinks, chocolate or coffee?

It also seems unlikely that more people have tried opiates than ecstasy or cocaine.

Fukyo

blurb blurb
Local time
-->
I have trouble believing there are four people here who have never even used caffeine. So what, they've never had tea, soft drinks, chocolate or coffee?

I have assumed "experimentation with caffeine" would have been taking larger quantities than what is found in a typical diet.

Melllvar

Banned
Local time
-->
I don't know that coffee counts as a typical diet. I can't even drink the stuff because one or two glasses are enough to make me feel all twitchy and weird (which is kind of amusing, considering I've actually done hard drugs extensively and they never bothered me much). The widespread consumption of it without notice only goes to show how acclimated so many people are to its effects.

Sosekopp

Local time
-->
I think I'm sticking to caffeine and alcohol. Perhaps I'll try cannabis some time in the future, but any other of the options in the poll is a clear no-no. The world is already spaced out enough for me. :P

Dimensional Transition

Local time
-->
Yeah I must admit the caffeine option is rather vague... I think I'd count drinking strong black tea and coffee as recreationally using caffeine. The caffeine in green tea, normal cola and chocolate is negligible in it's effects.

@Sosekopp: I'd say try it. The one strong high I've gotten from cannabis was already really spiritual to me. Hallucinogens would be too much for me too. It's amazing the way it completely turns you into someone with PURE objective views. I did get scared as hell though, I wasn't expecting depth and time to change, and to feel as if I was in another dimension, or in a dream, or dead... So start slow, definitely.

You junkies.

How are hallucinogens junkie-like?

shoeless

I AM A WIZARD
Local time
-->
alcohol, tobacco (the only things that particularly saddens me), weed/hash out the aaaaaaasshole, lsd once, ecstasy a couple times, a fair amount of speed, and i'm pretty sure i've had weed laced with PCP (sold it to me that way, i didnt ask for it) so that counts as dissociative.

for the record, when you hit your acid peak you become the picture of a junkie (some guy laughing uncontrollably in his basement at like nothing), but no matter how junkie-like you look or feel, it's still some really fucking cool shit.

kantor1003

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I mostly stick to alcohol (1-2 times a week on average). I do smoke as well though, unfortunately. Regarding other drugs:
-infrequently, I drink some caffeine beverages
-I have tried salvia around 8 times or so, but didn't really find it too enjoying. It is just a confusing ride really. DMT sounds interesting but seems hard to get hold of.
-Weed/cannabis, I have tried a couple of times (around 10 perhaps), but don't enjoy it too much. The main reason probably being that it's not a good mix with alcohol and most of the times I have tried it, it has been while drinking.
-cocaine I have tried it three times on drinking occasions. Never while sober, and I intend it to remain that way. Not sure what I think of it. It is really expensive (around 180$ for 1 gram I believe, which quickly disappears in the course of a night), addictive and the effects don't last for a long time and are pretty mild. I think the high wears off within 15-30 minutes. So you end up taking a lot of bathroom breaks for a moderate, short lasting, highly expensive high. I think I want to keep away from that drug as much as I can really. Pros: really nice combo with alcohol. It wakes you up, makes you more alert, increases euphoria and you end up just wanting to dance/talk and party all night instead of having the alcohol just wearing you down until you become tired and wanting to go to sleep more than anything else.

Artsu Tharaz

The Lamb
Local time
Today 3:03 PM
-->

YOU RUINED THE THREAD. NOW WE HAVE TO MAKE A NEW ONE.

VroumVroum

Local time
-->
How are hallucinogens junkie-like?

Ok they are not. I really don't know the subject.

I only have smoked a little but never alone.

And I had morphine once in a medical purpose. I’ve felt like I was flying above the hospital. I was so light and my parents were speaking really slowly.

Synchro

Local time
-->
Dimensional Transition posted: Isn't GHB quite addictive and have a small difference between mild intoxication and coma? I thought it had the same effects as alcohol, which is a deliriant/sedative right?
Nah, not addictive...there is no habituation mechanism. You DO grow to like falling asleep easily (take enough and there are NO worries about falling asleep!! :)), and it's very nice to get a super boost of growth hormone while asleep (at 60, trust me, I'll take all the growth hormone I can get!!), and I usually get two short sleep cycles a night (tre' cool)

GHB works by binding directly to sites in the Substantia Nigra in the brain-stem; these sites are on neurons responsible for making dopamine: when it binds, these neurons stop putting out dopamine, and the brain goes to sleep. Just like the way the brain normally goes to sleep, except not so easily or predictably. That's all it does, no more. No over-excitation of neurons with neuronal death (meth, cocaine), no toxicity to neurons causing neuronal death (alcohol). What's not to like?

Of course, like all good chemicals with great usefulness, the feds just had to make it ^%*#@!! illegal, so disregard all present tenses in this post; I forgot that I don't actually get to take any of it because of our $*#@!! fascist laws.

PS: re overdose and coma. Naw, just deep sleep. I have read reputable sources who say an overdose just makes you sleep longer, and I can say from my own experience that one time I accidentally took a double dose...as in, hmmm, I forgot I already took a dose and so the dose I just took must make two!!!...I just slept longer, thassall.

Synchro

Local time
-->
A note on another interesting recreational drug:

oxytocin. This is a poly-peptide, a brain hormone that elevates "friendship vibes" (and, with lots of it, you get drowsy and cuddly, like a bear that wants to hibernate). Released in large amounts after sex.

Thought, in current theory, to be lacking in autism.

Trials are being done right now with autistic children: give them a snort of it up a nose, and then measure their sociability...it seems to help.

I can attest that snorting some up the nose (dissolved in water) does make autistic-me friendlier and not quite so mean-as-a-snake...and if I overdo the dose, I do indeed get sleepy and wanna cuddle...

I think snorting oxytocin before going to a party so I'll be a much friendlier and not so mean-as-a-snake person counts as recreational drug use, no?

It's not as good as a bag of cocaine, though, for bringing with to pick up girls...JUST KIDDING GODDAMMIT :angel:

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
-->
A note on another interesting recreational drug:

oxytocin. This is a poly-peptide, a brain hormone that elevates "friendship vibes" (and, with lots of it, you get drowsy and cuddly, like a bear that wants to hibernate). Released in large amounts after sex.

Thought, in current theory, to be lacking in autism.

I've been doing research. I'm pretty sure uneven oxytocin levels, among many other things, influence the attitudes of ExTJ and IxTP, but especially the latter.

Melllvar

Banned
Local time
-->
-cocaine I have tried it three times on drinking occasions. Never while sober, and I intend it to remain that way. Not sure what I think of it. It is really expensive (around 180$ for 1 gram I believe, which quickly disappears in the course of a night), addictive and the effects don't last for a long time and are pretty mild. I think the high wears off within 15-30 minutes. So you end up taking a lot of bathroom breaks for a moderate, short lasting, highly expensive high. I think I want to keep away from that drug as much as I can really. Pros: really nice combo with alcohol. It wakes you up, makes you more alert, increases euphoria and you end up just wanting to dance/talk and party all night instead of having the alcohol just wearing you down until you become tired and wanting to go to sleep more than anything else.

Yeah, cocaine's like the best and the worst drug ever (well, a lot of people that would know say heroin, but I won't go into that debate).

But $180/gram? I'm not sure what the prices are like in your country but in the US it was more like $30-50 a gram ($50 being like the kinda high price since you don't know the guy that well, $30 being like the price for regular buyers). Can't remember what an 8-ball would cost but I remember the prices dropped real fast when buying more (unlike with weed); part of why selling it's so profitable. (Edit: IIRC, think an 8-ball was in the $90 to $150 range, maybe that's what you're thinking of instead of a gram?) But once you get into that shit your tolerance goes up so fast you'll be going through an 8-ball a night all by yourself, and that's for regular people, not the real junkies (note that with cocaine your "night" might last 36 hours or more). Eventually it gets to where you aren't even having fun anymore, you just do the first line because you know how good it's gonna feel, then after that you keep doing a line every 5-10 minutes to avoid feeling like shit for the next four hours (also you start doing bigger lines that probably would have killed you your first time). In the beginning the 'high' lasts forever the come-down's barely noticable, then once you're used to it the high lasts a few minutes and the come-down lasts until you pass out. Which is why I quit and haven't touched the shit in years - it's the best drug ever the first time you do it, then it's all downhill from there.

Anyway, point is that I think you may be getting ripped of severely at $180 a gram, unless it's just super expensive in Europe or something.

Also this is all just speculation. It's what my friend said. I'm totally pure and would never do such things.

warryer

and Heimdal's horn sounds
Local time
Today 1:03 AM
-->
As the only voter for deliriants, I feel it is my duty to say: do NOT ever try them. You cannot tell what is real or not; unlike hallucinogens. It's not fun and you feel like crap the next morning. You become a hollow zombie - and no zombies are not cool.

Cocaine is dumb as Mellvar so beautifully illustrated. Also Mellvar, I would posit that Meth is the worst drug.

Weed is ok (i like alcohol better). Typically used as an escape. Not a good way to escape because it makes you more introspective so you cannot deny whatever it is you are escaping from. Some think that you become more creative as a result, I disagree. I think the creativity results from the willingness and openness it takes to take the drug.

Hallucinogens are AWESOME. The secrets of the universe unfold. THIS is where the real creativity comes in. If you ever wondered what a different perspective on life felt like, this is the one for you. I think everyone should be required to try these at least once. I heard its not to difficult to grow mushrooms. Do your research.

I've taken amphetamines to get work done, would not use recreationally for same reason as cocaine. see: adderall

Opiates in the form of pills are decent recreationally. Feels good but, tolerance builds fast. Can get best friend vibes from other people when on these.

Dissociatives are.... interesting... Not really good or bad. Really weird. If you take enough you lose your sense of self. Sometimes that can send you into panic mode because it also feels like you're dying. If you let it go and enjoy the ride then it can be fun: kind of like being just an observer.

That's my reviews on what I've done. I don't do much of anything anymore mostly because of laws and job. Take it for what it is.

Solitaire U.

Last of the V-8 Interceptors
Local time
-->
Cocaine is like playing in the mud...fun for awhile but ultimately just another dirty way to get your kicks. When I was a kid I sold the shit to finance my proclivity for methamphetamine, and always had more speed than I could use.

Back in those days I'd pull out my little bag-o-speed and offer to party out my friends. They'd look at it and ask "Why is it all clear(/brown/otherwise-un-cocaine-appearing)?" I'd say "It's crystal, not coke." and they'd be like "Oh! Um...no thanks man, I ain't into THAT stuff. Be careful dude...I heard that shit'll eat away your vital organs and drive you insane!" Always struck me as funny to hear this from someone after selling them an 8-ball for $180 and watching them smoke up the whole thing in an hour without so much as offering to kick me down a courtesy line. I'd think to myself, "Yeah, I'm gonna die just like you, but at least I'm not crawling around on the floor looking for imaginary rocks(of cocaine) I 'might' have dropped and trying to smoke the kitty-litter I find instead." Shit, 3.5 grams of speed would last me two weeks, and was cheaper to boot (Locally-produced product...still gotta pay those importation tariffs, even with fuckin' coke!).

Admittedly, I don't know much about 'recreational use'. Drugs have always been an 'All or nothing' situation for me, and with the economic feasibility of speed it was easy to go on for years with nary a problem. Anyway, I just never saw the merits of dabbling.

And here I am, ironically enough...still alive and kicking. The status-quo informs that enough of me should have rotted away by now to kill me, but my teeth haven't started falling out and my mind hasn't dulled. Hell, the sleep-deprivation alone should have been enough to do me in, say the medical pros. But 'Professional' is just 'Bullshit' with an official stamp of approval. 99% of contemporary popular belief regarding drug use is bullshit of the highest purity, and all it takes to deal with the other 1% is good old common sense.

Anyway, even if I die tomorrow it'll be with no regrets. Call me filthy for not wanting to sleep a third of my life away.

shoeless

I AM A WIZARD
Local time
-->
for the record, i think it's super weird to call meth "speed". at least where i am, meth is meth and speed is speed, basically speed is what you'd get in the states as crushed up ritalin or adderol or whatever, but here it's synthesized like anything else, basically the residue of cocaine. but that's just me, the language is different everywhere.

also regarding the prices of coke, here it's about €70/gram (that's about $95 i guess). i've never done it myself, mostly 'cause i'm too poor and nobody i hang out with particularly wants to, but yeah. it can be expensive, i guess it depends on your area and how common it is there.

Solitaire U.

Local time
-->
Just to clarify, the term 'speed' as used in the US generally refers to any illicit substance with amphetamine-like characteristics. Over the years it has become synonymous with slang terms such as "Black Beauties" "Yellow Jackets" "Bennies" "Crystal" Crystal Meth" "Meth" "Crank" and many others.

For example...If I was addressing a room full of cocaine users and produced a bag containing a whitish crystalline/powdery substance with the intention of identifying it as Methamphetamine, and wanted to avoid any problems that might result were it to be mistaken for the somewhat similar-appearing cocaine, I might say "This is meth/crank/crystal..." and be guaranteed at least a few responses of "Huh, what's that?". But if I say "This is Speed." I'm guaranteed to be universally understood by all the cocaine users, who will interpret it as "This is NOT cocaine...it is that other substance that often resembles cocaine but has a markedly different range of effects that might not be of interest to cocaine users."

That said, I will also advise that I have never, at any time during my 30-odd years as a drug culture participant, heard of Ritalin, Adderall or any other legally-prescribed medication referred to as Speed. The events described in my previous post predate Adderall's 1996 introduction by a full decade. I have never used Adderall, but I am familiar with it's composition and feel I have enough experience with it's various illicit cousins to accurately predict it's range of effects. Now, it's entirely possible that a clandestine market for "crushed-up Adderall" has developed since I've been away, but if such a market exists it is in no way related or comparable to markets for any illicit substance classifiable as 'speed'. There is simply no way a seasoned meth user would ever consider Adderall or Ritalin acceptable substitutes for methamphetamine. Yes these substances are chemically-related but the relation stops there.

Finally, I'll advise that methamphetamine is not "basically the residue of cocaine", nor is it in any way derived from cocaine, and is in fact totally different in both chemical composition and range of effects to cocaine.

TylerRDA

One of the wonders of the world is going down
Local time
Yesterday 11:03 PM
-->
Meth is great.

For treating ADHD.

Props to all the recreational users who make getting my prescription a pain in the rear.

Solitaire U.

Local time
-->
A more classic example of addict's intellect than I could ever have provided. Bravo Tyler, and thank you.

TylerRDA

Local time
-->
I may be dependent on meth, but it's not the same as being a junkie.

kantor1003

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I tend to disagree with that.

Junkie: a person with a compulsive habit or obsessive dependency on something.

I, as a smoker for example, am a junkie. It would be self denial on my part not to admit that. I don't know your relationship to meth, but if it's something you need everyday, then what separates you from a junkie? One does not have to live under a bridge to be a junkie. Some of us have money to feed our habits.

TylerRDA

Local time
-->
I use small daily doses of prescribed lisdexamfetamine to compensate for my low baseline cognitive arousal. In retrospect, I probably didn't give the most accurate description. My apologies. :o

shoeless

I AM A WIZARD
Local time
-->
@ solitaire:
i'm talking about amphetamine, not methamphetamine. i'm just saying there's a difference in the slang between where i live now (germany) and the US. german kids say "pep" or "speed" when referring to amphetamine, and "meth" or "crystal" or what-have-you (i'm not really sure since i don't know anyone who does meth and it's difficult to find here) when referring to methamphetamine.

pep here is the residue of coke. pep (amphetamine), from what i've heard, in the states, is completely different and doesn't tend to be synthesized the same way it is in germany.

so yeah.

Solitaire U.

Local time
-->
'Pep'...could this be what is known as 'crack in the US? Now you've got me curious as hell, because I can't find a reference for it. Understand I'm not challenging your information, I'm just interested in things of this nature (call it a quirky hobby).

aaaw

æææææ
Local time
-->
If you haven't already, you should read Aldous Huxley's "Doors of Perception". It is his analysis of taking acid. A fine mind and an interesting analysis.

shoeless

I AM A WIZARD
Local time
-->
naw it's definitely not crack, that's something a lot harsher. idk pep is kind of its own entity here, it's sort of like cocaine but with a bunch of shitty side effects (basically not being able to eat, shit, or sleep) and it lasts longer. plus it's more of a powder, and sometimes comes in a "paste" (pronounce that like "pasta," idk it's a german thing) where you have to let it sit a while before you can crunch it or else it's kind of soft. it's popular among the homeless punk kids downtown (and by punk i do mean like mohawks and shit, they're cool people, actually very nice when you know how to talk to them). so yeah.

also, you snort it. you can smoke it (like in a joint), but that's disgusting and nobody does that, ew.

Solitaire U.

Local time
-->
Alright...we used to call this 'Hydro'...the gunky, yellowish crud that builds up on meth-lab utensils, comprised mostly of impurities like 'candy-coating' residue from ephedrine tablets and other assorted nasty shit, so named because by the time it dries out enough to use it weighs next to nothing. This is the toxic waste of meth production that's gotten so much unwarranted attention. Bad idea to smoke it as it's mostly wax, but it is possible to grab something resembling a high off it.

jzono1

Local time
-->
Hallucinogens as a concept fascinates me. Eventually I'll try it. But I'm afraid of the risks, even though the chance is small. Most likely I'll take the risk someday and in one big chunk buy some synthetic variant. Even though there's fleinsopp locally, possibly even on my lawn - it doesn't appeal to me like a synthetic, clean drug does.

Alchohol is... wonderfull. I can drink my troubles away. My brain works better when I'm slightly tipsy. Drinking all evening/night is fun. Mixing various forms of alcohol mindlessly, just drifting along to a state of drunkenness where the world just spins is good. Anything from beer to moonshine is fair game.

Dimensional Transition

Local time
-->
Fascinating to read all these reactions.
I'm about to try weed again very soon, but I'm always afraid of panicking. It's stupid because it's mostly the fear of panic that will make you panic, it gets you tense and not open to different feelings and perceptions. So I'll only try it again when I truly feel adventurous and interested.
What interests me is that most INTPs don't like weed as much as I expected... Why is this? Hallucinogens and opioids seem fine, as well as alcohol, but there are only a few people here who really seem to enjoy it a lot.

Sosekopp

Local time
-->
Dimensional Transition: Being an active member of the only "serious" political youth organization in the country that seeks the legalization of cannabis, I know at least five or six people who have themselves a joint now and then (not sure if any of them are INTPs). They all live pretty far away from here though, and since they have contacts in the relatively safe indoor market (street quality is very dubious), I'll have to wait until I meet some of them again. Anyway, it would be smart of me to get over this winter depression first, so I guess it won't be until this summer.

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
-->
I heavily doubt Cannabis would ever be legalized. It's a political, ethical, social and economical issue.

Top Bottom